AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

new 24/7 big brother site

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

What do you think about the experience

• good design

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • easy to use

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • interesting

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • complicated to use

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • good mobile experience

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • bad mobile experience

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • decent mobile experience

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • people in the apartments are allright

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also how cute, him talking to us like most of us here doesn't remember the nineties.

Shocking, that, people remembering the 90's. Given, there's parts of it we'd like to pretend we don't remember. I cringe whenever I see the clothes in a 90's movie until I remember that I owned those things too... eeek.

Reactions: AudriTwo
i would like to know why Betty and Daniel's microwave is turned on its side?

Speaking of, I would kind of like to know why Betty and Daniel are living like royalty, while Emma and John are cooped up in some little efficiency.

I like Emma and John, those two got some real chemistry going on. It's a little uncomfortable watching them both try to move around in that cramped kitchen though.

(I still think somebody told Emma she needs to be walking around naked all day if they want to make any money. Kind of a shame, but it's ok, she is comfortable in her skin. Sometimes less is more though).

Shocking, that, people remembering the 90's. Given, there's parts of it we'd like to pretend we don't remember. I cringe whenever I see the clothes in a 90's movie until I remember that I owned those things too... eeek.

90's Joey Lawerence will always be cool with his waist capes! Which reminds me... *Adds Brotherly Love to watchlist*
b69c615d6ab7f273b350d52a9b618df3.jpg

(I still think somebody told Emma she needs to be walking around naked all day if they want to make any money. Kind of a shame, but it's ok, she is comfortable in her skin. Sometimes less is more though).

What's that saying? "Why buy the cow, when you can- BOOBS!"

Speaking of, I would kind of like to know why Betty and Daniel are living like royalty, while Emma and John are cooped up in some little efficiency.

I like Emma and John, those two got some real chemistry going on. It's a little uncomfortable watching them both try to move around in that cramped kitchen though.

Oh my god I just looked at it! The other apartments are way nicer, they're still fairly small but they actually look like they'd be livable and are nicely done up. Emma and John's place is miniscule, as is another couple that I couldn't see on there just now but was there the other day, looking at those apartments makes me depressed.

Is it your opinion that the Orwell book 1984 (published in 1949) came AFTER the TV show Big Brother?

I just can't fathom how you refuse to acknowledge where the term "Big Brother" came from. It's not that the term only applies to that wretched TV show "nowadays". The book is immensely popular right now in particular because of the goings-on in the USA.

I'm done with this thread. You were incredibly unprofessional in your other thread and I don't trust you. Later, gator!

In his defense, the context from which he's drawing the term is clearly the pop culture reference of the television show. Obviously, this isn't a project set up to address Orwellian anxiety over the rise of Communist dictatorships in the 20th Century. Though, I guess the name of the site, Camarads, does tinge it all in a bit of Red. If it was intentional (and maybe it isn't, given the conversation so far) then I'd call it a pretty clever little nod.

But, man, if it were...

At any rate, the site itself is serviceable. Is it a flash interface? I've checked in a few times, and every time I have, Shockwave argues with my browser (Firefox). Also, and I'm not sure how you would address this, showing up to the site at a time like this, one is met with free cameras pointed at all empty rooms. Not particularly interesting. Certainly not something that would give me reason to buy in and see what else is going on. I'm pretty into internet voyeurism, too. I'll sit and watch a person putter around, watch TV, or even check in on sleeping folks. However, I won't stick around and be enticed to buy in by empty rooms.

Good luck. You have performers, and although the gimmick you're selling is a well-worn one, I still think it could gain traction if the people involved turn out to be at all interesting.

To go on a bit of a tangent, I'm hoping more than a little bit that this is all an elaborate setup that began with a standard "new cam site!" meltdown thread to get people hooked, and now is stepping into the next phase, where we keep getting lured back to this website to check in, except one day... EVERYONE HAS DISAPPEARED, AND THERE'S A SEVERED HAND IN THE KITCHEN SINK! Nobody saw what happened, but now HALF THE VIDEO FEEDS ARE ALL DISTORTED AND ALL THE SOUND IN EVERY ROOM IS SCREAMING! And bam! That's how we've all been sucked into the world's best ARG!

...brb, starting new thread.

To go on a bit of a tangent, I'm hoping more than a little bit that this is all an elaborate setup that began with a standard "new cam site!" meltdown thread to get people hooked, and now is stepping into the next phase, where we keep getting lured back to this website to check in, except one day... EVERYONE HAS DISAPPEARED, AND THERE'S A SEVERED HAND IN THE KITCHEN SINK! Nobody saw what happened, but now HALF THE VIDEO FEEDS ARE ALL DISTORTED AND ALL THE SOUND IN EVERY ROOM IS SCREAMING! And bam! That's how we've all been sucked into the world's best ARG!

It's past 4am here and I wish you could see my face when I read this paragraph! Was NOT expecting that plot twist as I sleepily scrolled through. :wideyed:

In his defense, the context from which he's drawing the term is clearly the pop culture reference of the television show. Obviously, this isn't a project set up to address Orwellian anxiety over the rise of Communist dictatorships in the 20th Century.

True, but even if he's drawing from the TV show... they named the show after Orwell's Big Brother for a reason. It's NOT simply "a show popular in the 90s (still airing on CBS) where people were filmed in a villa and viewers could watch their lives via tv", which is why I asked if he had actually ever watched it (somewhat in his defense, there were only two Romanian series, in 2003 and 2004). If he's really trying to "avoid confusing some readers who might think they need to stay in the apartments full time and interact with the viewers or get controlled in any way by us or members of the website", "Big Brother" is the last term I'd use... since that is EXACTLY what someone would expect if they were thinking of the TV show.

True, but even if he's drawing from the TV show... they named the show after Orwell's Big Brother for a reason. It's NOT simply "a show popular in the 90s (still airing on CBS) where people were filmed in a villa and viewers could watch their lives via tv", which is why I asked if he had actually ever watched it (somewhat in his defense, there were only two Romanian series, in 2003 and 2004). If he's really trying to "avoid confusing some readers who might think they need to stay in the apartments full time and interact with the viewers or get controlled in any way by us or members of the website", "Big Brother" is the last term I'd use... since that is EXACTLY what someone would expect if they were thinking of the TV show.

I am far more qualified to talk about George Orwell's dystopian dread than I am about the dystopian dread made real that is reality game show television, so I kind of wish this was supposed to be a horrible vision of a Marxist future, instead of a house wired with cameras trained on bored people in their underpants. Could/can people actually control the activities of contestants in the Big Brother house? TIL. Is that part of the game show aspect? I honestly thought that the online component was about pure voyeurism, and not interactivity.

At any rate, given that this is a studio set up in Romania, I'm going to hazard a guess that adystan_com is also Romanian, and English is not his first language. If that's the case I'd be willing to overlook any knowledge he may be lacking in the realm of English literature, especially when considering 1984's themes and Romania's history with Communism.

These are just assumptions, but I think there could be real cultural barriers to consider, even with silly things like titles given to trash TV.

Could/can people actually control the activities of contestants in the Big Brother house? TIL. Is that part of the game show aspect? I honestly thought that the online component was about pure voyeurism, and not interactivity.

In the case of the TV show it's producers who do most of the manipulating, rather than the viewers, who generally only choose who to evict or save. So the public are indeed voyeurs for the most part. But the housemates are definitely not just living a normal life in there. Translated to a website only, you'd still probably expect manipulation coming from some direction.

And I agree, OP is coming from a completely different background, so I don't blame him for not being more familiar with some of these things. But perhaps he should consider that before doubling down on things people in this thread are telling him he may have misconceptions about. Sure, not everyone was super polite, but then again, he kind of brought that tone into things himself.

except one day... EVERYONE HAS DISAPPEARED, AND THERE'S A SEVERED HAND IN THE KITCHEN SINK! Nobody saw what happened
back on topic, questions for the OP:

are there night-vision cameras anywhere? what about infrared?

will you report illegal drug use? (some camsites don't allow even intoxication on cam)

asking for a friend (who may or may not go on ultraviolent meth binges and need a place to live)

Another thing I've noticed regarding the site layout. On my browser, the site requires scrolling to get to the camera feed menu. The problem is, for most of the page, mousewheel scrolling is disabled. I can't scroll down if my cursor is hovering over the main video feed or the chat box, which is about 3/4 of the total space on the page. It's a little detail, but having to have a scavenger hunt to find where I am allowed to scroll from -- or worse yet, actually having to engage the scroll bar -- suddenly becomes a bit of a chore.

• Helpful!
Reactions: adystan_com
Another thing I've noticed regarding the site layout. On my browser, the site requires scrolling to get to the camera feed menu.

laptop?
looks fine on my 23" desktop

• Helpful!
Yep, laptop. The problem isn't that I have to scroll, but rather that easy scrolling doesn't seem to have been integrated into the webite's design.

space bar doesn't work either?

• Helpful!
Do people scroll with a spacebar? Anyway, yea, spacebar works to scroll the page.

do they open tabs with the mouse wheel? :p if you find it works easier than the alternative, you bet your ass

rhetorical question dude

Status
Not open for further replies.