AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

No Idea what I'm doing wrong

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadisonxJade

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 31, 2014
U.S.A
profiles.myfreecams.com
When I signed up for MFC, I did TONS of research. I've stuck by recommended "rules" and I'm failing.

I keep a consistent schedule.
Always look like I'm having fun or doing something interesting.
Offer videos.
Offer Skype.
Promote on Twitter
Stay on despite tips being slow.
Shifts of 3-4 hours.
Play fun games like clear the board and raffles
Always wear cute lingerie
I have a cool, fun personality
Make conversation
play good music, even take requests
Once in a while other models give me a little promo
Don't let my cam score make me want to jump off a bridge
Tease with my toys to get ppl in the room

I now can't even keep more than 1 person in my room. On multiple occasions, the members have asked me "why is it empty in your room. you're pretty, you're cool, etc etc etc". I've seen some people respond "This isn't for everybody" to forum questions like this but that's not the response I'm looking for. I have the tools and the drive to make it work. However, right now, I'm stuck. I'm open to all constructive criticism.

Reactions: Courtneypage
MFC is quite honestly luck-based, to an extent. There are thousands of models, a lot of them do exactly what you're doing, and yet only a few get to the 'top' (I'd classify this as 6000 cs or higher.) Why? Generally because they attract a high roller or two who brings their score up -> Higher camscore brings more notoriety -> More notoriety means more viewers -> More viewers means more tippers -> More tippers mean your camscore goes up. It's a vicious cycle of failure if you don't happen to bring in a high tipper right off the bat, quite honestly.

Maybe try a non-camscore based site (like Chaturbate or Streamate) as an extra income stream while you're trying to raise your camscore on MFC? You might even find you like another site better, and switch over entirely! MFC has the highest income potential of any site (if you're in the Miss MFC top 20,) but it's also the hardest to start your camming career on, because it is so unforgiving and there is so much offline time needed to attract/keep tipping members. I started out on MFC and cammed there pretty much exclusively for a bit over a year, and have now switched 100% over to Streamate. It's much easier both to work around my personal life, and to make my monetary goals without having to bend over backwards/work 10+ hours a day on- and off-cam.

Edit: Also, your avatar picture on MFC looks like you're a terrorist/bank robber, if I'm being honest (and your ACF avatar as well...) Maybe change it to a picture of your pretty face without the balaclava? ;)

GemmaMoore said:
MFC is quite honestly luck-based, to an extent. There are thousands of models, a lot of them do exactly what you're doing, and yet only a few get to the 'top' (I'd classify this as 6000 cs or higher.) Why? Generally because they attract a high roller or two who brings their score up -> Higher camscore brings more notoriety -> More notoriety means more viewers -> More viewers means more tippers -> More tippers mean your camscore goes up. It's a vicious cycle of failure if you don't happen to bring in a high tipper right off the bat, quite honestly.

Maybe try a non-camscore based site (like Chaturbate or Streamate) as an extra income stream while you're trying to raise your camscore on MFC? You might even find you like another site better, and switch over entirely! MFC has the highest income potential of any site (if you're in the Miss MFC top 20,) but it's also the hardest to start your camming career on, because it is so unforgiving and there is so much offline time needed to attract/keep tipping members. I started out on MFC and cammed there pretty much exclusively for a bit over a year, and have now switched 100% over to Streamate. It's much easier both to work around my personal life, and to make my monetary goals without having to bend over backwards/work 10+ hours a day on- and off-cam.

Thank you. I appreciate your response. I took a gander at chaterbate the other day ... it seems to be a whole different format! I guess I would just have to browse to get familiar with the format.

I agree with Punk that unfortunately it's not always about what you put in, but who happens to see it and appreciate it. It also depends how long you've been doing it - have you been on MFC for a week, a month, six months, etc.

Having never seen you on cam the only other thing I'd say is that sometimes I feel like I've been doing everything right, but then I look at my tweets or see recordings of my shows and realize that actually...I haven't. I've been kind of whiny, or spending too much time in PM while I should be paying attention to my chatroom, or just been looking kind of lacklustre. It can really help to record one of your shows and see how you're coming across on film vs how you perceive it!

Have you thought about trying other sites, whether it's camsites like Chaturbate or Streamate, or content selling sites like Clips4Sale or ManyVids? Sometimes having other streams of income can, obviously, help with the bills but also relieve the stress if you're really set on making MFC work because if you are making money elsewhere, you can use your MFC time experimenting with new ideas rather than worrying about income.

GemmaMoore said:
so much offline time needed to attract/keep tipping members. It's much easier both to work around my personal life, and to make my monetary goals without having to bend over backwards/work 10+ hours a day on- and off-cam.
Mfc models do seem to put way more time into camming than other models. Some are hustling from the minute they get up until they go to bed. Camming becomes their life. Streamate seems like a much better fit for those not wanting to get too involved in the camworld but still wanting to make a decent amount of money. Off topic but whatever, just something I've(and I'm sure many others) noticed.

Gemmamore... I've def thought of that edit lol.

It's just to this point that if it's not worth it, I can't have my image out there. I'm already fighting with a damn member screenshotting my shows.

MadisonxJade said:

It's just to this point that if it's not worth it, I can't have my image out there. I'm already fighting with a damn member screenshotting my shows.

Wait, are you not showing your face on cam at all? Because that would be a huge, giant, important factor in why you're not seeing the success you want.

GenXoxo said:
MadisonxJade said:

Wait, are you not showing your face on cam at all? Because that would be a huge, giant, important factor in why you're not seeing the success you want.

No, I am! The problem was that he screen shot my face, put it on tumblr. I then asked him to remove it and he added a picture of my body with my face. Yay!!

MadisonxJade said:

If you can't handle being capped and your face being out there in regards to this profession, then you should quit being a camgirl.

Being capped/recorded/put on tube sites/having your videos passed around/your face all over camgirl sites/etc. is a HUGE part of the job. It's a part of the risk we take in our profession, and it's never going to stop. Every model I know has been capped, and thousands that I don't know. Last time I checked, I had well over 50 caps... on just ONE SITE. There are most likely hundreds more. And if you continue camming, it will happen to you too. People you love might find them, your friends might, your exes might, literally anyone and everyone you have ever known (and will know in the future) has the potential to see them. Now I don't give two fucks about having my face all over the internet, but you sound like you do. And if that's the case, then you should get the hell out of Dodge, find a vanilla job, and hang up your webcam.

:twocents-02cents:

GemmaMoore said:
MadisonxJade said:

If you can't handle being capped and your face being out there in regards to this profession, then you should quit being a camgirl.

Being capped/recorded/put on tube sites/having your videos passed around/your face all over camgirl sites/etc. is a HUGE part of the job. It's a part of the risk we take in our profession, and it's never going to stop. Every model I know has been capped, and thousands that I don't know. Last time I checked, I had well over 50 caps... on just ONE SITE. There are most likely hundreds more. And if you continue camming, it will happen to you too. People you love might find them, your friends might, your exes might, literally anyone and everyone you have ever known (and will know in the future) has the potential to see them. Now I don't give two fucks about having my face all over the internet, but you sound like you do. And if that's the case, then you should get the hell out of Dodge, find a vanilla job, and hang up your webcam.

:twocents-02cents:

super true. I don't have a problem with being capped. I would just like it to be worth it.

Hey there! I popped into your room a bit earlier so I could offer some tips. Some things I got out of your room:

-- The topic. "500tk until I eat food today, 1000 until cum show. Videos for Sale. Ebony Hitachi Fun" <---the food comment may turn some members off. It may make them feel pressured. There are also no prices for smaller items like flashes etc. It may be easier to cut the goals in half with some sort of mini tease show etc. As for the videos I would write exactly how many tokens the sale is. In example: "Vid Sale 200tks/3vids!"

-- Login times. Have you tinkered around with different shifts? The day shift in this time frame has the feircest competition=if your camscore is lower you get bumped further down the page. I know a few girls (myself included) who have benefited much more by logging in when there is only 900-ish models on.

--There wasn't a whole lot of talking/smiling. I know it's hard when no one is talking/tipping. Hell, I even see the rooms with +500 with no talking/tipping spells. How I keep myself in a positive,interactive headspace is I imagine I'm a lurking member joining my room. Would he think things like "This girl is super hot! But she's not smiling or doesn't seem happy" I also talk to myself....a lot sometimes. But it works. I compare it to feeling like I'm on that MTV show "Next" where I'm only given a first impression to make a good, lasting one to make people stay once they're in the room. When it's quiet I dance, smile, lipsynch, talk to myself etc.

--Cam placement-- Your face is lovely but I couldn't see much of your body or your cute lingere. Not that face alone isn't enough to bring traffic in for camgirls in general but maybe backing up a bit could bring more people in drawn to the bright colors.

-Other cam sites. I can echo what other people are saying about other camsites. MFC is a massive scary (But most profitable) beast in the camming world. I think spending some time building a fan base and working on your cam presence on other sites like chaturbate/streamate could be beneficial. I cammed 2 years on chaturbate than switched over to MFC 2 months ago and feel like the skills I've gotten from that experience helped me massively.

I hope these tips were helpful and not too harsh. xoxo

Carmita Bonita said:
Hey there! I popped into your room a bit earlier so I could offer some tips. Some things I got out of your room:

-- The topic. "500tk until I eat food today, 1000 until cum show. Videos for Sale. Ebony Hitachi Fun" <---the food comment may turn some members off. It may make them feel pressured. There are also no prices for smaller items like flashes etc. It may be easier to cut the goals in half with some sort of mini tease show etc. As for the videos I would write exactly how many tokens the sale is. In example: "Vid Sale 200tks/3vids!"

-- Login times. Have you tinkered around with different shifts? The day shift in this time frame has the feircest competition=if your camscore is lower you get bumped further down the page. I know a few girls (myself included) who have benefited much more by logging in when there is only 900-ish models on.

--There wasn't a whole lot of talking/smiling. I know it's hard when no one is talking/tipping. Hell, I even see the rooms with +500 with no talking/tipping spells. How I keep myself in a positive,interactive headspace is I imagine I'm a lurking member joining my room. Would he think things like "This girl is super hot! But she's not smiling or doesn't seem happy" I also talk to myself....a lot sometimes. But it works. I compare it to feeling like I'm on that MTV show "Next" where I'm only given a first impression to make a good, lasting one to make people stay once they're in the room. When it's quiet I dance, smile, lipsynch, talk to myself etc.

--Cam placement-- Your face is lovely but I couldn't see much of your body or your cute lingere. Not that face alone isn't enough to bring traffic in for camgirls in general but maybe backing up a bit could bring more people in drawn to the bright colors.

I hope these tips were helpful and not too harsh. xoxo

Thank you for your response! Yea, you caught me after I gave up.

Well thank you guys for trying. It seems that's it. I appreciate the energy of this message board and witnessing this kind of camaraderie between women especially in this kind of field.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
By reading thru the thread I understand your concerns about being capped, and so forth, explaining why both your MFC Icon, and twitter icon are masked. But that mask may well be one of your biggest issues.

It's off-putting. It takes your ability to form a good first impression away. Instead you project a closed guarded one. It's as if you are hiding something from me. And not in the good tease way. It's a statement and it's not a helpful one.

But okay, I get why it's there, and I know you are not masked in your room, so I can live with that. So let's look at your twitter to learn a bit more about you since you are not on right now. What do I see? A huge image of you giving me two middle fingers.

Oh. I feel SO welcomed.

Why would I want to meet a person who greets me this way on one of the main info pages they offer? I get casual rudeness every day at work and out in the world, why would I look for it in my entertainment? A further note, most of the tweets on your page are negative statements. Again the image and the communications paint a subtle image of the person behind them, that don't seem to match the description of yourself or your room above, but as I can't see that, I can only gain the impression from what I have to see.

Now I'm a lot more detail oriented about communication and image projection then the majority of the MFC audience is. So my observations might not matter too much, but I give them in the spirit of the feedback you requested.

My best wishes for success, and growth on MFC. I hope that things improve for you.

Myriads

MadisonxJade said:
GemmaMoore said:

Thank you. I appreciate your response. I took a gander at chaterbate the other day ... it seems to be a whole different format! I guess I would just have to browse to get familiar with the format.

You might want to try Chaturbate though. I am an MFC model. I have only been camming since this summer. I started out on streamate with my guy and solo. Then I was introduced to Mfc shortly after that. As of last week i decided to check out Chaturbate as i heard it's a better platform for couples versus Steamate. (i know I'm a hot mess with all this jumping around) Anyway, I have performed solo on there as well in the past week and have been successful.It might be beginners luck but.. The continuous tips coming in are quite an ego booster :-D btw. I will admit that things are a bit "different" on there so to speak when it comes to open chat. Most performers I noticed are a bit riske. They have all types of fun apps to use for games that help enhance your room, draw in traffic and keep your tips coming in. Also, no cam score so less pressure and lots more exposure.
So I guess my advice is to keep your options open when it comes to this. Find a place you feel comfortable with that you can call home. MFC might just be that place or maybe not. Im gonna be honest. I almost gave up on mfc at the end of July, beginning of August. My camscore had hit an all-time low for me and I wasn't getting the traffic I felt I deserved. Someone told me I was "under the radar and not sure why because I'm sexy as hell". It took me to catch the eye of 2 big spenders that boosted my camscore a bit which unfortunately there is how you become more visible to the other big spenders.

I agree with a most of what's been said already. It seems like maybe you're going for a feisty kind of image. That can be fun, and there are certainly guys who will respond to that, but I think it's probably something to do once you've got a decent number of members who know you well enough to get your sense of humor and style. For people who don't know you, I do think an avatar with a smiling pretty face is more likely to get them in the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.