AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Opening Line

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2011
Just asking because I'm curious. I've had many different reactions. When I go to a new room, I usually like to hang out a bit before saying anything to get the vibe and see if I want to stay. Of course if the model acknowledges me, I'll answer back. But in busier rooms, that doesn't usually happen.

Therefore, if I've been there for a few minutes and decide that, hey, yeah, she's cool, I'd like to hang in this room, instead of just saying Hi or You're beautiful or you're hot, my opening line is "So, who want's to get hammered drunk and light stuff on fire?"

Once I got banned immediately. Maybe it was a trigger for that model. I don't know. Or maybe she had no toleration for nonsense. Anywell, I've that this usually gets some kind of response where a generic "Hi" or empty platitudes are often ignored.

So, my question is: Would you prefer someone to storm in with something inane (not vulgar or offensive or demanding, just inane) or just gradually try to make themselves part of the chat? And what's the best (again not offensive or vulgar or demanding, just good) line a member has come in with in your room?

I usually like a soft opening like "hi, how's it going" or just joining in the convo. The inane ones can be hard to read (as in, interpret) and tbh if you get trolled/insulted a lot, something obscure can be a red flag that the dude is either insulting you in a way you don't understand or is going to go on to do so. So personally I think it's better to come in with something straightforward and friendly but obviously different strokes for different folks.

my fave opening line is when I wore a Batman shirt and someone complimented it and asked my favourite Robin. Anything that encourages conversation and comes across friendly is awesome to me.

I love when someone makes their first entrance with something catchy. It gives me more inspiration to reply more in-depth to a newcomer if there's substance or humor to their opening line. I feel like that gives us a better shot at getting to know each other and engage in more chat.

I appreciate a polite entry, but "hi how are you" doesn't inspire me to give anything more than a "great!" or "hangin' in there, sorta tired, you?" and that kind of small talk doesn't usually go anywhere.

I think finding a balance of catchy but not insulting or offensive is ideal.

I notice that I get more excited internally when a new person joins the existing conversation rather than just say hi or post their own off topic thing. It gives me the feeling that this person is enjoying themselves already and is going to fit in well with myself and the people in my room.

I appreciate a polite entry, but "hi how are you" doesn't inspire me to give anything more than a "great!" or "hangin' in there, sorta tired, you?" and that kind of small talk doesn't usually go anywhere.

Especially if that leads on to

"Been upto anything exciting today?"
"Have you got anything planned for the weekend? "

:bag:

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Thank you Gen, Amber & Jolene for your replies. This is pretty much what I expected based on real experience, all over the place.

Jolene, I should add a caveat. if the room has a constant flow of text, there is no need for the inane entrance. I really meant when there was a lull and no one was talking. Want a generic "Hey, babe" or something different? Thanks for allowing me to clarify.

Reactions: Gen
Thank you Gen, Amber & Jolene for your replies. This is pretty much what I expected based on real experience, all over the place.

Jolene, I should add a caveat. if the room has a constant flow of text, there is no need for the inane entrance. I really meant when there was a lull and no one was talking. Want a generic "Hey, babe" or something different? Thanks for allowing me to clarify.
Oh then yes! During a lull it is nice to have someone say hello with a little Razmatazz!

Especially if that leads on to

"Been upto anything exciting today?"
"Have you got anything planned for the weekend? "

:bag:
Especially when I've already answered that quite a few times in a night. It just isn't fun conversation.

Especially when I've already answered that quite a few times in a night. It just isn't fun conversation.

Reasons why I seldom say "hey beautiful" or "hi, how are you." It seems like ya'll hear that every 10 minutes. And at the very least, every night. So it becomes something to get a pre-programmed response from, rather than a thoughtful one. Because there wasn't much thought put into their opener.

Literally every night this same guy comes in with "hello beautiful." It seems worn the fuck out and completely has lost any merit as an actual compliment at this point.

My initial response was going to be something like "you're probably one of the 3,397 people I have on ignore on MFC"...but upon further reflection, depending on the flow and action in the room, something goofy, odd, or unusual that isn't too stupid would probably be fine and maybe mildly entertaining if done well...

Reactions: RogueWarrior
My old favorite was, and this worked on SM better than MFC, but I love chaos and mischief. "Hi, I was directed here from customer service, I'm trying to purchase lamp #A352356, but in turquoise, perhaps you could help me......oh my, you're naked."

Sometimes it's gotten me banned immediately, sometimes it's wtf, sometimes, I've received pure love, I dig those times :)

Normally i'll just jump straight into the conversation or if the room is quiet i'll comment on what they're wearing or something i read on their profile. Also as a member and having been on mfc for more than 5 years now I no longer respond to "hi, hru" messages and i'm sure i'm not the only one. I think if a model would use a different line they would get a lot more replies from members.

I actually love catchy, inane openings. I have a regular that comes into my room and always just tells a lame joke every time. And every time I end up cracking up and telling the joke to the room. If it's not vulgar or idiotic, I think it's great. The usual "you're hot" always just makes me go "thanks, I'm sure you're cute too."

Thanks for all the replies (so far). Just so you know, I'm not looking for confirmation or a reason to change what I do. I can only do me. Really just looking for what you ladies think and lines that made you take notice of a member.

I mean, I know it's not for everyone. Reactions are a good barometer for me. Results bear that out.

I spectate in the lounge to see if I want to hang out with a model and then once I decide I do, I go to the room and tip 100 tokens with the public tip note " I am enjoying you and your room, thank you." I have done the hello how are you thing before but I always do it with some type of tip, taking time away from the room to respond to such a short newcomer hello such as that, without a tip note would be lame on my part.

I cam on streammate, NF, and CMD but I absolutely DESPISE being asked, "hey, how are you?" Everyone asks it and it's always the same answer. I prefer comments about my room or look or something that can start a convo or, even better, just get right to the point about what kind of show you're looking for.

Boring small talk is fine with first time conversations, what bothers me most is when someone who knows me a little does that. The assumption is that I can't match or don't understand that game.
I will usually amuse myself by giving the same superficial small talk back, never moving to anything genuine; the challenge being to see how long I can talk about nothing. If they drop the conversation, I take the win: no real malice intended, perhaps they may learn the lesson for next time.

To answer the OP's question an opening line need not be surprising, but should show some consideration and respect for the other person. Part of this is showing that you have made some effort on your first impression. I think if you want to make a good first impression, find something appropriate to say, don't be boring.
If you get banned you are probably not paying attention to the mood or nature of the other person. Your opening line becomes about you, your clever opening, with no regard for the person. A smart person will see right through this.

Boring small talk is fine with first time conversations, what bothers me most is when someone who knows me a little does that. The assumption is that I can't match or don't understand that game.
I will usually amuse myself by giving the same superficial small talk back, never moving to anything genuine; the challenge being to see how long I can talk about nothing. If they drop the conversation, I take the win: no real malice intended, perhaps they may learn the lesson for next time.

To answer the OP's question an opening line need not be surprising, but should show some consideration and respect for the other person. Part of this is showing that you have made some effort on your first impression. I think if you want to make a good first impression, find something appropriate to say, don't be boring.
If you get banned you are probably not paying attention to the mood or nature of the other person. Your opening line becomes about you, your clever opening, with no regard for the person. A smart person will see right through this.

Thanks for chiming in. The more the merrier and the more convo that goes on the better. Hell, yeah, I'm paying attention. My first post may have been a bit misleading. I don't just come in indiscriminately and do that. I judge the room vibe and the model. It's just if I decide she may be cool with it that it is my line. And if the the model speaks first, the I go with the flow.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Status
Not open for further replies.