AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who talk during a movie at the theaters. I pay $16 for my ticket, $4 for parking, and about $20 for food/drinks. I ALWAYS get stuck next to the pre-teen who loves to text, the guy who laughs really loudly at things that are not funny, or the bitch who wants to talk loudly to her friend. :angry4:

PlayboyMegan said:
People who talk during a movie at the theaters. I pay $16 for my ticket, $4 for parking, and about $20 for food/drinks. I ALWAYS get stuck next to the pre-teen who loves to text, the guy who laughs really loudly at things that are not funny, or the bitch who wants to talk loudly to her friend. :angry4:

I especially can't stand the guy who laughs really loudly at things that are not funny. Or even worse- the one that thought is was so funny, he has to repeat it just to make sure everyone else heard.

Attachments

• I-know-that-feel-bro.jpg
    I-know-that-feel-bro.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 354
AmberCutie said:
I like how people are calling it an accusation/insult when it was really a questioning for clarification. But thank you for the apology.
You are probably right Amber, but i cant help how it felt.

camstory said:
AmberCutie said:
I like how people are calling it an accusation/insult when it was really a questioning for clarification. But thank you for the apology.
You were so hurt that someone called your trash picking "trash picking" that you explained how you are too classy for that by calling Amber rude, misogynist names in her own house. Dude. Just apologize and hang your head in shame until everyone forgets. Stop trying to make excuses for it.

JickyJuly said:
camstory said:
AmberCutie said:
You were so hurt that someone called your trash picking "trash picking" that you explained how you are too classy for that by calling Amber rude, misogynist names in her own house. Dude. Just apologize and hang your head in shame until everyone forgets. Stop trying to make excuses for it.
Hey if explaining how I felt is making excuses, so be it. I apologized to Amber bc I reacted from an emotional spot, and don't truly feel that way. On the other hand I don't feel it is anything I need to hang my head in shame over. Also, "Misogynist", really, why bc I used the word bitch? If it had been in response to someone of the male gender, I might have very well have said, " mean bastard"... I just don't understand the misogynist slant.

camstory said:
JickyJuly said:
camstory said:
AmberCutie said:
Hey if explaining how I felt is making excuses, so be it. I apologized to Amber bc I reacted from an emotional spot, and don't truly feel that way. On the other hand I don't feel it is anything I need to hang my head in shame over. Also, "Misogynist", really, why bc I used the word bitch? If it had been in response to someone of the male gender, I might have very well have said, " mean bastard"... I just don't understand the misogynist slant.
In most circles nowadays, men take "bastard" almost like a term of endearment... "You old bastard! Love you man!" The word bitch, when applied to a woman by a man, is almost universally considered a term used boorishly and the user is often thought to be either a misogynist or someone who is acting as one.

PlayboyMegan said:
WOW. tickets for movie theaters have gone up. :-o

Nordling said:
camstory said:
JickyJuly said:
camstory said:
AmberCutie said:
In most circles nowadays, men take "bastard" almost like a term of endearment... "You old bastard! Love you man!" The word bitch, when applied to a woman by a man, is almost universally considered a term used boorishly and the user is often thought to be either a misogynist or someone who is acting as one.
Point taken, but misogynist I'm not. If there were a term to describe,"man hater"? I would be much more likely to fit that.

MegansDude said:

Yeah, if she meant $16 per ticket, that's a lot! I think one of the movie theaters here charges $8 per adult ticket, and then the bigger theater out here charges like $10 per adult ticket. The only time it's more than that - out here, at least - is when a movie is being shown in 3D (such as last year's summer movie Transformers Dark of the Moon).

No wonder a lot of people choose to just wait to see a movie on dvd (Redbox, etc.).

Grown people who don't take personal responsibility for the things they say and do because they think their "hurt feelings" justify whatever nonsense flies out of their mouths.

"Apologies" that come with qualifiers to explain why they shouldn't really have to be sorry.

PlayboyMegan said:

Cinema Ninjas!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19622445

:dance:

When you get talking to a customer about the album they're buying and they happen to be female and their boyfriend comes over with a "what's going on here?" look on his face and gets all possessive and shit. Sit down, mate. Your girlfriend and I aren't planning to elope, we're merely making idle chat about her purchase while I run it through the till. Next, you'll be whipping your cock out and pissing all over her to mark your territory :?

JickyJuly said:
"Apologies" that come with qualifiers to explain why they shouldn't really have to be sorry.
well, I suppose you have it there. To be honest, I apologize to Amber because this is her forum. Being that she provides us all a place to be I think she deserves some extra consideration. Had the comment been made to anyone else, (a comment which included in it the fact that I did not think this was their true nature), I likely would not have apologized. Does that mean I do not think the comment was out of line? Yes, I suppose it does. That is not to say that I wish I had not expressed my offence at Ambers comment in a less rash, and more tactful way, - I wish I had. And that is not to say that I did not feel, and continue to feel there was something offensive in Amber's comment, and very much not like Amber.

Now up to this point I believe Amber and I were o.k. with this. I think it would be truly ashame if your ritious battering, and continued volleys at me, have now inflamed the matter to which you were not even involved, to something that is no longer o.k. if Amber had not been fine with my apology I think she would have, A) said so, or B) would not have felt it so big a deal that it served any purpose to continue to hijack this thread. It seems clear to me that most everyone else here wants to get back on subject, so let me start.

Ppl who become so concerned with being right that they lose track of everything else, or fail to see the disharmony their quest to be right might cause.

I will not further disrupt this thread, but would be more than happy to continue this via PM's. That's a lie, I would not be more than happy, but will continue if you wish to discuss it further, but not here.

camstory said:
A bag of un crushed cans nets about $4, crushed that bag comes in at $16. The space saved is, as makes sense, 4to1
I understand your "need" to let it go but dude, you called our friend a nasty bitch because YOU left out the fact that this is an "in home" problem and YOU gave this explanation as to why it bothers you.
You know what I got from your explanation? Trash picker. Not a big deal dude, I grew up in Oregon and paid for many tanks of gas with cans but own up! You lashed out like a toddler because you were embarrassed, when all she did was ask for clarification on something YOU said.

And then you say you really didn't mean your apology... Christ all mighty man, your name calling was uncalled for and childish.

The_Brown_Fox said:
MegansDude said:

Yeah, if she meant $16 per ticket, that's a lot! I think one of the movie theaters here charges $8 per adult ticket, and then the bigger theater out here charges like $10 per adult ticket. The only time it's more than that - out here, at least - is when a movie is being shown in 3D (such as last year's summer movie Transformers Dark of the Moon).

No wonder a lot of people choose to just wait to see a movie on dvd (Redbox, etc.).
I must have misunderstood on the price. The most I've seen a ticket in California is $12.50 and that is at the CityWalk where movie ticket prices are higher than normal theaters. I normally wait for the rental even though I really want to see Loopers.

MegansDude said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
MegansDude said:

I must have misunderstood on the price. The most I've seen a ticket in California is $12.50 and that is at the CityWalk where movie ticket prices are higher than normal theaters. I normally wait for the rental even though I really want to see Loopers.

A real big pet peeve of mine is when this Megan's Dude (me) put his foot in his mouth. The taste is not good. :( I hope Megan forgives me. :h:

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
MegansDude said:

No, I don't think there's any misunderstanding. Her post said that she spends $16 on a ticket (not 'tickets' plural). So, yeah, that's a lot. Like I said, the only time I remember paying around that price was when it was a 3D movie like Transformers 3. I know that SpyKids 2 (or 3?) movie was in 3D too, so the child ticket for that probably cost more than a child ticket for a non-3D movie.

MegansDude said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
MegansDude said:

Arclight theaters on a Saturday in southern California are $16 after taxes, I believe. :)
I also went to a theater in San Diego which was $30 a person. It had steak dinner (extra cost) served to you, chocolate covered strawberries, and you enjoyed the movie in a full reclining LazyBoy. That's what I call a movie theater!!! Haha, but once again, the woman next to me thought it was okay to text the whole time and the light from her phone was highly distracting. Problem with expensive theaters is that the people going feel entitled to do as they please.

Reactions: DudeExtreme
PlayboyMegan said:
MegansDude said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
MegansDude said:

Arclight theaters on a Saturday in southern California are $16 after taxes, I believe. :)
I also went to a theater in San Diego which was $30 a person. It had steak dinner (extra cost) served to you, chocolate covered strawberries, and you enjoyed the movie in a full reclining LazyBoy. That's what I call a movie theater!!! Haha, but once again, the woman next to me thought it was okay to text the whole time and the light from her phone was highly distracting. Problem with expensive theaters is that the people going feel entitled to do as they please.

What is different about Arclight theaters that they charge so much I wonder?

I've been to a theater dinner in LA or Hollywood area, but it was a comedy play with live professional actors. I've never heard of a movie dinner theater with lazy boys. Does the lazy boys massage your ass? I would think for $30, it would. :p

I need to check to see if movie dinner theaters are in my area. It sounds like a lot of fun, paying about $100 or so dollars with a loved one, steak, dinner, lazy boys, desserts. yummy!!!

The point is whether it's a play theater or a movie theater, it's very rude to talk during those times. People shouldn't feel entitled to act as they please just because they paid a few extra bucks for the experience.

MegansDude said:
I've never heard of a movie dinner theater with lazy boys. Does the lazy boys massage your ass? I would think for $30, it would. :p

When I hear about something like a pair of jeans costing $100, I always joke "Wow, do the jeans have a built-in vibrator or something?" LOL.

MegansDude said:
The point is whether it's a play theater or a movie theater, it's very rude to talk during those times. People shouldn't feel entitled to act as they please just because they paid a few extra bucks for the experience.

During the movie previews is when I turn off my cell phone or put it on 'vibrate', and then I start feeding my face with popcorn with extra butter and my cherry ICEE. :)

Arclight is a more classy establishment than your usual movie theater. They also offer some movies in a special "21 and up" event and serve alcohol inside the theater. I think most/all of them have a full restaurant inside as well.

Tea420 said:
I hate using wooden pencils, cause when the lead breaks, and the wood scrapes against the paper. ARGH. Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

I'm the same with those pens where you have to click the bit at the bottom to get the actual pen part to pop out of the plastic at the other end. Sometimes, I'll go to write having not clicked the bottom bit and the plastic scrapes against the paper and *shivers* :?

I used to hate mechanical pencils. then I found out how hard it is to find GOOD pencils that won't break (I guess I was spoiled a bit in grade school/undergrad college) and lo and behold! Mechanical pencils and ballpoint pens are my favorite ever now!

Bocefish said:
I hate when stores restock known faulty items hoping the next sucker is too lazy to return it.

IDK why, but that statement just wreaks of what the country is doing with this POTUS election..... :think: :lol: :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.