AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
guest that get into a pissing contest over something that no one gives a *$#! about to begin with

Reactions: Red7227 and SoTxBob
people who stand by and smile as their dog jumps up on you

people who have a habit of interrupting others :angry4:

hearing people (who obviously don't know me very well) say that I'm thin because I "need to eat more"

not washing your hands after you pee or poop :naughty:

the sound of Wanda Sykes' voice

the sound of Chris Rock's voice

*This is more of a LOL than a pet peeve* in the year 2012, a guy saying "I wonder what it's like to be with a colored girl" :lol: Hmmm.....maybe red Kool-Aid comes out when we breastfeed?

being asked by a total stranger "Is that your real hair?"

AllisonWilder said:
Red7227 said:
AllisonWilder said:
Since reading this thread I have more I'd like to add.

People that think they know what fat people need to hear as far as weight is concerned.
People that think that fat people can't be pretty just the way they are.

The thing I hate are fat people who pretend they aren't fat. Like some stinking overweight slob on a plane who thinks he is entitled to a third of your seat. Or 150 kg women who wonder why they can't get a boyfriend.

There's no need to stereotype overweight people as stinking and slobs.

Who is steoptyping, this guy ate like 3 people, were covered in sweat and stank.

PlayboyMegan said:
Red7227 said:
AllisonWilder said:

People that think they know what fat people need to hear as far as weight is concerned.

The thing I hate are fat people who pretend they aren't fat. Like some stinking overweight slob on a plane who thinks he is entitled to a third of your seat. Or 150 kg women who wonder why they can't get a boyfriend.
Guys that are assholes.
Women with no idea how to apply makeup.

Reactions: Gemmaxoxo
Red7227 said:
Who is steoptyping, this guy ate like 3 people, were covered in sweat and stank.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

Like.

Like, I can't like make like a complete and coherent like sentence without like pausing like every two seconds to like buy some like time to like think up like the next word that I'm going to like say.

AliceDoe said:
People using "Gay" to describe something bad or lame ("that's so gay")... Gay describes a person attracted to the same sex as themselves, or it just means happy - it's not a bad word and it doesn't mean "lame"!!
\

I finally broke my kids of this (at least around me). Every time they would say "That's so gay", I would respond with "I'm confused, is that happy or homosexual? It seems neither to me."

They got tired of that rather quickly and i never heard it in my presence. Don't know what they said around their friends.

The_Brown_Fox said:
This is more of a LOL than a pet peeve* in the year 2012, a guy saying "I wonder what it's like to be with a colored girl" :lol: Hmmm.....maybe red Kool-Aid comes out when we breastfeed?

"

Obviously a virgin since everyone is some color

Reactions: LadyLuna
Jessi said:
Guys who say they're not into hooking up.
And then suddenly change their tune when they find out you are.
Too late now, your shadiness killed my boner.

Most guys need a reason not to have sex, not a reason to have sex.

AllisonWilder said:

I hope you didn't misunderstand me.

While I do think it's unhealthy and destructive to encourage obesity, I'm not saying that everyone needs to be skinny and have a below 10% bodyfat! I myself am a bit overweight! What I'm talking about is the people that are so overweight that they can't live their life normally, or that actually stand a risk of diabetes and heart problems due to their weight. To me, saying that a person like that is beautiful just the way they are might not necessarily be untrue, I just don't think it's productive.

You wouldn't tell someone that's cutting themselves that the scars on their arm are beautiful or pretty - you'd tell them to stop cutting because they're harming themselves and it is a destructive thing. You might say "You're so beautiful, please don't do this to yourself" But you wouldn't say "I love your scars, they're beautiful!"

To me obesity is just as harmful as cutting, which is why I am working very hard to get rid of my excess fat and get healthier (well, that, and the fact that I'll be almost naked on national TV in a few weeks xD)

AliceDoe said:
AllisonWilder said:

While I do think it's unhealthy and destructive to encourage obesity, I'm not saying that everyone needs to be skinny and have a below 10% bodyfat! I myself am a bit overweight! What I'm talking about is the people that are so overweight that they can't live their life normally, or that actually stand a risk of diabetes and heart problems due to their weight. To me, saying that a person like that is beautiful just the way they are might not necessarily be untrue, I just don't think it's productive.

You wouldn't tell someone that's cutting themselves that the scars on their arm are beautiful or pretty - you'd tell them to stop cutting because they're harming themselves and it is a destructive thing. You might say "You're so beautiful, please don't do this to yourself" But you wouldn't say "I love your scars, they're beautiful!"

To me obesity is just as harmful as cutting, which is why I am working very hard to get rid of my excess fat and get healthier (well, that, and the fact that I'll be almost naked on national TV in a few weeks xD)

You're comparing two things here that are completely incomparable.

Unless you're a doctor, you can't actually speculate on the cause of someones diabetes, heart problems or anything else. Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean that they are at risk for these things. Also, who's to say that an overweight person can't live their life normally? What's normal to one person is not normal to another.

Mirra said:
I don't know. It seems odd to me that it would be a pet peeve of yours when people tell others that. I know I roll my eyes when people try and tell me I'm not fat but would find it strange knowing someone else is bothered by someone trying to make me feel artificially good about myself.

The pet peeve is mostly when you know they're not being honest though. When it's just people that will go around making fat jokes and talk about how fat people have no discipline, and then say to everybody that they're beautiful just the way they are simply because they're scared of offending anybody. (these are also situations where there's no reason to say that. It's not like "Overweight person: I'm so fat and ugly, no one will ever love me! Friend: No, you're beautiful just the way you are!" But more like "Overweight person: So, yeah, I think all this killing of Rory is becoming sort of boring.. Person: You're SO BEAUTIFUL, you know that? JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!!")

Also, I'm mental, I get annoyed at very weird things.

AllisonWilder said:
AliceDoe said:
AllisonWilder said:

You're comparing two things here that are completely incomparable.

Unless you're a doctor, you can't actually speculate on the cause of someones diabetes, heart problems or anything else. Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean that they are at risk for these things. Also, who's to say that an overweight person can't live their life normally? What's normal to one person is not normal to another.

Ok, I think you're definitely misunderstanding me. Might be my fault, if I haven't been clear enough.

People who can barely get out of bed on their own, people that need a respirator to be able to breath when they sleep, people that can't see their feet - ever. There's just no way to live a normal life like that.

Also, we all see things in different ways, and I don't think cutting and obesity are incomparable. I think they are both something that you more or less do to yourself (keep in mind that I'm not judging, I've done it myself for several years) and is harmful to your health. Often they both are the result of personal pain, and they're both habits that are very hard to break once you're into it.

But then, lets take something closer to obesity. Compare it to anorexia. Overeating Vs. Under-eating. Both harmful, both food and exercise related, both very personal. You'd tell an anorexic person to start eating more and become healthy, wouldn't you?

AllisonWilder said:
No, I wouldn't. I'd offer support and do everything I could to let that person come to me. I'd do my best to help without making them feel worse and/or judged or like they had to hide things from me.

(My mom was anorexic and the more people told her to eat, the less inclined she was to do so.)

Well, yeah, that's a given. you don't just say "hey, get better, k?"

But you wouldn't encourage the illness, that's my point.

AliceDoe said:
AllisonWilder said:
No, I wouldn't. I'd offer support and do everything I could to let that person come to me. I'd do my best to help without making them feel worse and/or judged or like they had to hide things from me.

(My mom was anorexic and the more people told her to eat, the less inclined she was to do so.)

I just don't see telling someone that they're beautiful how they are as encouraging an illness. I'll have to tell my regs that since apparently they're encouraging my illness by 'contributing to unhealthy body ideals.'

I'm what you would call obese and I thought I was doing a pretty good job at living a normal life, maintaining friendships, a social life, a career, a family, etc. Is that not the definition of 'normal life'?

Reactions: Gen and caireen
I see your point, not a pet peeve of mine, but it's like when parents tell someone they can sing when they clearly can't, then they go on x-factor and make a total tit out of themselves... Yes the parents were trying to be nice, but it would have been more constructive if they'd kept quiet or focused on something the child actually does do well!

Big girls can be hot, and everyone has a type, but I do see your point about people who are so obese that they are harming themselves. Then again, I'd just keep quiet in that situation, pointing it out wouldn't help either.

Pet peeves..... the 'word' BB!!!! just seeing them written down on the page makes my whole body cringe!!

Bad grammar/spelling, if it's a mistake, then that's fine, everyone makes them, but lazy/deliberate bad spelling and grammar really pisses me off!

My most major one is I cannot stand metal scratching, or really anything scratching, that one is practically ocd!

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Isabella_deL

AllisonWilder said:
AliceDoe said:
AllisonWilder said:

I just don't see telling someone that they're beautiful how they are as encouraging an illness. I'll have to tell my regs that since apparently they're encouraging my illness by 'contributing to unhealthy body ideals.'

I'm what you would call obese and I thought I was doing a pretty good job at living a normal life, maintaining friendships, a social life, a career, a family, etc. Is that not the definition of 'normal life'?

Yeah, I was sort of worried you'd think I was talking about you. I wasn't! You're not even close to what I would call obese!

I know my point might seem harsh, but see is as tough love. I wish everyone could be healthy and we wouldn't have this huge obesity problem in the western world, but we do and a lot of people are dying because they're too fat! I just think that in the long run, helping a person get healthy is more important than making them feel comfortable with being unhealthy. There are plenty of other compliments to give to make people feel good (smart, nice, funny, strong, creative etc.) but somehow this world just defaults to "beautiful".

Isabella_deL said:
I see your point, not a pet peeve of mine, but it's like when parents tell someone they can sing when they clearly can't, then they go on x-factor and make a total tit out of themselves... Yes the parents were trying to be nice, but it would have been more constructive if they'd kept quiet or focused on something the child actually does do well!

Big girls can be hot, and everyone has a type, but I do see your point about people who are so obese that they are harming themselves. Then again, I'd just keep quiet in that situation, pointing it out wouldn't help either.

You got exactly what I was trying to say :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
Insincerity, of any kind. I don't know what it is, but something about insincere compliments -really- irks me.

Disrespect from a model. I'd understand why someone would remind their members of the countdown if it's slow, but spamming it twenty times per minute really doesn't help their cause. It just looks like the model is begging out of desperation. It's only worse when the model looks bored/distracted/disinterested/distressed all the time too.

Reactions: AliceDoe
RogueWarrior said:
Like.

Like, I can't like make like a complete and coherent like sentence without like pausing like every two seconds to like buy some like time to like think up like the next word that I'm going to like say.
As a proud Valley Girl, I would like to stand up for 'like' :p If you're in an area where people say 'like' all the time, you adopt it in to your vocabulary and use it more often. I don't use 'like' as a filler word, but people still make fun of me when I say things such as, "I don't like this apple, there was a penis on it," or, "It's like a giant sadness monster ate your insides", or, "I'm feeling very happy, like my brain is a bubble bath".

But yeah, some people do it a ton and it freaks me out. No me gusta.

As for another pet peeve: Something said in which the best answer is 'Cool story, bro'

Reactions: RogueWarrior
AliceDoe said:

I get what you're saying, Alice.

You're saying that a loved one who is struggling with an illness doesn't need friends and family telling them "Girl, you look GOOD!," just because they're worried about hurt feelings. At the same time, you don't want to put them on the spot and criticize them around others. Talking with them one-on-one, giving them a hug, and letting them know you're concerned about them - without coming off sounding like an insensitive prick - is the way to go about it.

An alcoholic participating in AA classes doesn't need his friends patting him on the back and telling him "It's okay that you beat your wife. The nagging bitch had it coming." And his friends should not be inviting him out for drinks at the bar.

RogueWarrior said:
Like.

you would like totally like hate me then. :p

The_Brown_Fox said:
not washing your hands after you pee or poop :naughty:
I've been known to defriend people after finding out they don't wash their hands. :shifty: BJ found out the hard way that I turn into a shrilly shrew if you pee with the door open and don't wash your hands. I don't care if you shook it dry, you still flushed the toilet so you need to wash your hands. *Eww, cooties!*

I totally get what Alice is saying. It's not like the obesity epidemic is some secret. The whole world is very aware that people are much fatter now and it's causing a rise in certain life threatening illnesses.
I think Brown Fox explained it well too! The "girl you look good!" to raise self esteem and possibly create complacency. Losing weight is already hard, if everyone tells a person they don't need to instead of just keeping to themselves that person is more likely to give up when things get tough.
This goes into the same boat as the parents who coddle their children and raise them to be spoiled brats. I stole this quote from the last episode of mad men. It's so right on the money!

Not every little girl gets to do what they want, the world cannot support that many Ballerinas

Another pet peeve of mine I think relates to this discussion. People who assume that I need to be told smoking is bad for me.
I can't think of a single smoker I know who isn't aware it's not so bueno health wise. You don't need to tell me smoking is bad, you have to be a fucking idiot to have missed that little nugget of knowledge. No one is out there saying "all smokers are beautiful" to warp our perceptions of reality. We know, we chose to take the risk.
Back to the previous topic. If you are not in denial of the health risks and chose to still live your life overweight that's your choice and none of my business but I'm not going to lie and tell you that you're healthy.

Last one!
Thin bashing. the world of facebook has made it easier and easier for people to express their insecurities, and lately that has been thin bashing. As a naturally thin girl I do not like reading how ugly I am everyday when I look at the internet. Being told I need to eat a sandwich. Kids in school may be cruel but the world as a whole has gotten WAY nastier and mean spirited towards girls who aren't thick these days.
Guaranteed a post comparing a runner to an overweight person calling the overweight person ugly or less than would not get 100,000 likes and shares. So why does the reverse hate?

TLDR <--- wont blame you.

blackxrose said:
I've been known to defriend people after finding out they don't wash their hands. :shifty: BJ found out the hard way that I turn into a shrilly shrew if you pee with the door open and don't wash your hands. I don't care if you shook it dry, you still flushed the toilet so you need to wash your hands. *Eww, cooties!*

A while ago, I met this cute guy who was a Science teacher (not MY teacher...lol). He'd go into his bathroom and pee, flush, then walk right out. :woops: I've noticed that a lot of people do this (Ew!), but I guess I was surprised about a Science teacher doing it...lol.

Reactions: Nordling and Rose
I think the problem comes in when you say "Telling obese people they are beautiful the way they are". Beauty can mean lots of different things to different people. It's subjective and there IS something beautiful about everyone (I hope). If you'd said "Telling obese people not to get healthy", that would be different. If you had to be 100% healthy to look at all attractive, STDs would be far less prevalent, and for the record, the skinny girl next to the fat dude may not be any healthier than he is. Jussayin.

The_Brown_Fox said:
A while ago, I met this cute guy who was a Science teacher (not MY teacher...lol). He'd go into his bathroom and pee, flush, then walk right out. :woops: I've noticed that a lot of people do this (Ew!), but I guess I was surprised about a Science teacher doing it...lol.
Oh gosh, it gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. I devolve into a squeely little ball of jitters when I see that happening. It totally changes my perspective on a person if I find out they don't wash their hands.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.