AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone says "OMG YOU DONT NEED TO DIET/WORKOUT YOU'RE SO FIT LOOKING"
Um, how do you think I stay this way? Please don't discredit my hard hard work...:(

Also, some people like fat and thats okay.

Jessi said:

Kinda semi sorta related to this; when people go fishing for compliments. "Oh, I look terrible", "Oh, I've put on so much weight". If you do, or if you have... fine. But when it's patently obvious that you don't and you haven't... when the sole purpose of that dialogue is for Person B to be coerced into complimenting Person A... that shit irks me.

JoleneJolene said:
Another pet peeve of mine I think relates to this discussion. People who assume that I need to be told smoking is bad for me.
I can't think of a single smoker I know who isn't aware it's not so bueno health wise. You don't need to tell me smoking is bad, you have to be a fucking idiot to have missed that little nugget of knowledge. No one is out there saying "all smokers are beautiful" to warp our perceptions of reality. We know, we chose to take the risk.

I hate smoking, I think its and ugly and completely stupid habit. Back when I used to do, I would not date a girl who smoked, or stay with a girl who started. I make no secret of that, but people these days get told enough of the benefits of not smoking for me to leave them alone. JJ knows my stance, and I hope I've not offended her with it.

JoleneJolene said:
Back to the previous topic. If you are not in denial of the health risks and chose to still live your life overweight that's your choice and none of my business but I'm not going to lie and tell you that you're healthy.

If someone chooses to walk around in a fat suit that weights more than they do that is their choice, and their problem - as long as they keep it out of my seat on the plane.

mynameisbob84 said:
Jessi said:

Kinda semi sorta related to this; when people go fishing for compliments. "Oh, I look terrible", "Oh, I've put on so much weight". If you do, or if you have... fine. But when it's patently obvious that you don't and you haven't... when the sole purpose of that dialogue is for Person B to be coerced into complimenting Person A... that shit irks me.

I get in so much trouble for that :) agreeing with them is not the response they were looking for.

Reactions: LadyLuna
JickyJuly said:
I think the problem comes in when you say "Telling obese people they are beautiful the way they are". Beauty can mean lots of different things to different people. It's subjective and there IS something beautiful about everyone (I hope). If you'd said "Telling obese people not to get healthy", that would be different. If you had to be 100% healthy to look at all attractive, STDs would be far less prevalent, and for the record, the skinny girl next to the fat dude may not be any healthier than he is. Jussayin.

I think this was why I was so upset by the original comment. It's not that I think fat is ridiculously sexy and that I'm championing for people to be gainers or anything, it's just that there is something beautiful about everyone, fat people shouldn't be excluded from that just because they're not as healthy as they could be.

JoleneJolene said:
Back to the previous topic. If you are not in denial of the health risks and chose to still live your life overweight that's your choice and none of my business but I'm not going to lie and tell you that you're healthy.

Not healthy, no, but can that person still be pretty? Absolutely.

My pet peeve is fat shaming.

A lot of people are bothered by fat people. I get that. You're uncomfortable being in the same space as me because I'm bigger than you and you're kind of conditioned to think I'm gross.

But I gotta tell you, if fat shaming worked, we would all be thin.

Not a day goes by that someone, or something, doesn't remind me just how much most of society can't stand to look at me. How I couldn't ever possibly be pretty with this big, soft belly. How no one will ever love me with these rolls. And if I would just lose weight, I would finally be good enough for everyone.

Oh, and my FAVORITE part? "I'm just concerned about your HEALTH."

Oh reeeeeeeally, internet person who I've never met. You, concerned about MY health? Why thank you! That is SO kind! I'm sure that, as someone concerned about strangers' health, you go around telling all the underweight people about the health risks associated with that. (I did see that mentioned in this thread. Can we give it equal time with the fat shaming, if this really IS about health and not about aesthetics?) And I'm sure that you realize that "my health" also includes "my MENTAL health," and you realize that telling me how horrible it is that I'm fat isn't going to change my weight. I'm sure that you know my mental health is just as important as my physical health and you aren't going to pile on the fat hating that contributes to things like depression, which makes losing weight all the more difficult. You know, I appreciate your concern, but how about this: My health is MY business, and unless you are my doctor, it isn't yours.

Fat is NOT an indicator of health. There are fat people who eat clean and exercise every day, whose blood pressure and cholesterol are normal and who don't have diabetes or heart disease. There are thin people who are sedentary and eat nothing but processed food and McDonald's. You can't assume everything about a person's lifestyle by their size.

I'd like to add that being fat has NEVER stopped me from finding a boyfriend. It turns out that there are people who are actually attracted to fat women! (I wouldn't be making money as a camgirl if this weren't true.)

Oh, and I'm going to continue to tell fat people I think they're beautiful, because I am attracted to fat bodies.

Jessi said:
Um, how do you think I stay this way? Please don't discredit my hard hard work...:(

Also, some people like fat and thats okay.

this reminds me of when i tell people how much weight ive lost and they things like
"i bet you had huge tits before"
"i still woulda hit that"

its makes me feel discredited as well. and definitely counts as a pet peeve.

Also people who claim they worry about the health of overweight people and that's why overweight people shouldn't be allowed to feel good about themselves.
puhleeeeeeeze. Unless that person is a family member or spouse you don't really give two fucks, you just want to feel superior.
I was 300 pounds at 14 years old and believe me NOONE let me feel good about myself. Not my family, my friends, the people at school. Everytime i would show even a smidgen of confidence i would get reminded i wasn't allowed to have any. i naturally dwindled to about 250 but it wasn't til i felt OK with myself that i really was ready to lose weight. Meaning when i got away from those negative people and started hanging with people who accepted me and did think i was beautiful the way i was.

JoleneJolene said:

Not healthy, no, but can that person still be pretty? Absolutely.[/quote]

Oh absolutely. Ever individual person is beautiful for one thing or another. What I gathered from Alices post was not that a larger person cannot be pretty, but that the world coddles people and makes them complacent.
I DO worry about others health because I worry about the survival of my species. Yes, I smoke but if I breed with smokers and those babies breed with smokers a smoking baby will not be born, however obesity is something can can TURN into a trait and over time become something the body is programmed to do rather than something we made it do.

But yeah, I'm not so full of myself that I think it's my place to point out to strangers. I still may be concerned to myself about the number of overweight children.

JoleneJolene said:
[Yes, I smoke but if I breed with smokers and those babies breed with smokers a smoking baby will not be born

That might be the funniest mental image ever.

I completely get what you're saying, I just took Alice's post to mean something else.

Okay, I have another pet peeve to attempt to fix the thread I derailed:

Cashiers that talk too long while they're ringing up the person in front of you. To the point where they're finished with that transaction and it's your turn but they're still talking and completely ignoring you.

Topical anecdote!

Today, a middle aged woman approached me in the store I work at (a record store, bbs - not an intensive driving course store) and asked me if I knew much about intensive driving courses. I told her I didn't because I don't. She then asked me how much I weigh. So I reluctantly told her (I'm a bit on the chubby side, yo) and she replied...

"Oh, okay. My husband's a little bit overweight too and must be about your size. I'm just trying to decide if I should get him an intense driving course for his birthday or not. I don't want to get him it and then find out he's too big to be allowed to do it. Kthnxbai"

....What the fuck is THAT shit?? I mean, I don't know how small she thinks cars are. If her husband's the same size as me, it's fair to say he can FIT IN A FUCKING CAR...

What I should have said was this...
"What size bra do you wear? My mother's melons are starting to droop in a similar manner to yours and I'm just trying to decide if I should buy her a new bra or not. I don't want to get her one and then find out it doesn't sufficiently conceal and support her sagging flesh-ballz. Kthnxbai"

Sadly, I didn't (I'm a gentleman, innit :dance:)

mynameisbob84 said:

Just reminded me of another pet peeve....the all pervasive innit used by the lovable youf of London. I always used to reply with "Is it?" which normally resulted in disgusted looks. Fortunately, it isn't as common where I live now, but Brizzle has it's own, equally annoying, variations.

LolasLiger said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Just reminded me of another pet peeve....the all pervasive innit used by the lovable youf of London. I always used to reply with "Is it?" which normally resulted in disgusted looks. Fortunately, it isn't as common where I live now, but Brizzle has it's own, equally annoying, variations.

For the record, I use it ironically, innit :-D

People who put on a really terrible fake generalized British accent... there is so much variation! It would be like a Spanish person talking in a terrible Southern accent saying, "this is what Americans sound like!" I can't really explain why it bothers me so much but I cringe whenever I hear someone do it.

Dirty feet and dirty socks :? and when people put their nasty feet on pillows.

People who walk down the middle of the sidewalk with no regard to the people trying to pass them, especially large groups of people who walk reallllly slowly.

mynameisbob84 said:
For the record, I use it ironically, innit :-D

That's what I figured as you failed to add the obligatory "sniff" after it :whistle:

JickyJuly said:
I think the problem comes in when you say "Telling obese people they are beautiful the way they are". Beauty can mean lots of different things to different people. It's subjective and there IS something beautiful about everyone (I hope). If you'd said "Telling obese people not to get healthy", that would be different. If you had to be 100% healthy to look at all attractive, STDs would be far less prevalent, and for the record, the skinny girl next to the fat dude may not be any healthier than he is. Jussayin.

Oh, yeah, I 100% agree!!

What I was talking about though was people who will just call EVERYONE beautiful - and especially people that they would not consider physically attractive. Let's face it - there are some pretty ugly people out there, saying nothing about their potentially awesome personalities. There are just some people that will default to calling someone beautiful no matter what. Either to try to convince people that they're not brain washed by mainstream media, or because they admire the person and simply can't think of any other thing to compliment than physical looks.

And, yeah, no matter how you look there's always someone that will think you're drop dead gorgeous.

I guess, I just don't like it when people patronise someone like that. Compliment people for what you think their good qualities are, there's no reason to call someone beautiful if you don't think it. Especially not if it might encourage them to stay in harmful and unhealthy habits...

(and, yes, skinny does not automatically mean healthy)

Reactions: LadyLuna
Nordling said:
spankamber said:
my biggest pet peeve is the noun pet peeve
also people who talk in cliches
:D I understand, but, conversely, saying "vexation" sounds so pretentious. lol

Would bete noire be more acceptable? :whistle:

Reactions: spankamber
Nordling said:
spankamber said:
my biggest pet peeve is the noun pet peeve
also people who talk in cliches
:D I understand, but, conversely, saying "vexation" sounds so pretentious. lol

I prefer "irks"

Reactions: Nordling
sure it has been posted, but Ice trays half full or less. And when I am in the kitchen cooking stay the fuck out, or quickly get what you need and don't hang out asking how's it going or try to get a taste,,, in fact don't even talk to me just get your shit and get the fuck out. Sorry you did say pet peeves, this ^ a passionate pet peeve.

AllisonWilder said:
I understand the ice tray thing, camstory, all too well.

And people who can't shut a door. Ever.

I used to have this friend who would come over to my house and get something to drink out of the fridge, never flippin' closed the fridge door! Used to make my skin boil... :angry4:

AllisonWilder said:

Every time I watch re-runs of Three's Company, I wonder Why do they always leave their front door open? :lol:

Reactions: Nordling
The_Brown_Fox said:
AllisonWilder said:

Every time I watch re-runs of Three's Company, I wonder Why do they always leave their front door open? :lol:

I know, right? My ex is always leaving my front door open and when I mention it he always says, "Oh, really? I thought I closed it." Dude, if it's a problem, just slam it then at least you'll hear it close.

Camstory reminded me of one that's probably a result of having a somewhat anal retentive mom when I was growing up. lol

People who, leave the living room to go use the bathroom, and turn on EVERY possible light on their way, and leave them on, on their return trip. lol

Reactions: SoTxBob
Nordling said:
People who, leave the living room to go use the bathroom, and turn on EVERY possible light on their way, and leave them on, on their return trip. lol

My dad used to do that. He'd have on like 3 - 4 different lights in the house, and then leave to go to Home Depot (his favorite store). Then my mom used to come downstairs and ask me and my sis "Why are all these lights on? Y'all ain't paying the bills around here." :lol:

PaigeParker said:
People who walk down the middle of the sidewalk with no regard to the people trying to pass them, especially large groups of people who walk reallllly slowly.

Yes! and girls are the worst. When i was at University a few years ago (it was on a huge expanse of land so there were long walks to everywhere) groups of girls would walk down the footpaths 5 wide and expect you to go around them.

Red7227 said:
PaigeParker said:

Yes! and girls are the worst. When i was at University a few years ago (it was on a huge expanse of land so there were long walks to everywhere) groups of girls would walk down the footpaths 5 wide and expect you to go around them.

Were they... Buffalo Girls? 'Cos yeah, with those, you have to go... round the outside, round the outside, round the outside...

I'll see myself out... :(

PaigeParker said:
People who put on a really terrible fake generalized British accent... there is so much variation! It would be like a Spanish person talking in a terrible Southern accent saying, "this is what Americans sound like!" I can't really explain why it bothers me so much but I cringe whenever I hear someone do it.

Dirty feet and dirty socks :? and when people put their nasty feet on pillows.

We are the same! These three things drive me insannneee. Haha!

Also @AliceDoe: I think the problem is with misunderstanding of the term beautiful. Beautiful is generally used differently than pretty or very pretty. Beautiful of course refer to just physical appearance, but is often used to refer to a quality that people have within themselves. If you say to someone, for example, "You are a really genuinely beautiful person" it usually means that they are a really kind or generous or selfless or some other wonderful-personality adjective person. So when someone says "It doesn't matter how much you weigh, you are still beautiful." it kinda refers to some inner quality the person has; like a brightness or a radiance.

Oooo another smokers pet peeve!
When I go out of my way to cross the street with my cigarette to get out of the way of a non smoker walking by and not only do they not acknowledge the gesture but do that "hack hack" fake cough that makes you instantly want to curb stomp them.
If you are one of those fake coughers you should be soooooo ashamed of yourself. sooooooo ashamed.

I will continue being a super courteous smoker as long as I can stand it but holy hell are people ungrateful ass-hats. And not just with smokers.
I get completely ignored holding the door open for someone or stopping in the road NOT at a crosswalk to let people cross way more than thanked. Some people are just starting to EXPECT these kind gestures and I for one will always do them, but if you can't even acknowledge my presence while doing so you better believe I will SHOUT "YOU'RE WELCOME!" and embarrass the ever living shit out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.