AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
Oh gawd those things are delicious.

I like the spicy chicken patties even more, and yes, you really do need a cold drink immediately after eating them...lol.

When people think "freedom of speech" means "do whatever the fuck I want and no one is allowed to disagree with me/no consequences"

Employees who ignore you until you hunt them down and directly ask them for something, and then gesture vaguely and go "uh its over there or somethin i unno". I get that retail sucks, but maybe if you act less like an apathetic prick you might get a chance to move up a bit.

I get really peeved when you're having a conversation with a person or two and another person gets into the conversation that has nothing to do with the subject that you were talking about.

Reactions: Nordling
Having to hide out in sneak mode while waiting for my magicka and health to restore because I ran out of potions on some schmuck earlier.

My time and money being wasted

She tells me over the phone that I don't need to make an appointment, and that I can just come in anytime after 12 PM as a walk-in. I show up at 12-something, pay my cab driver, and this damn girl tells me "I don't remember telling you that on the phone...we're not talking walk-ins, but you can make an appointment for later tonight or another day." :banghead: It's a good thing I happened to have the business card of their competition in my purse.

Y'all just lost a customer. Peace! :hello2:

Disrespectful children.
I came from a household where you were asked to do something once. Maybe twice. And then you got a smack.
Where if you wanted a fricken iPhone or whatever-the-fuck, well you better start savin' the $10 a week you get for doing many many chores. I started mowing my own grass at 8 years old. I could ask for things I wanted for my birthday or Christmas, but it better damn well cost $80 or less.

There's an elderly lady at my work who has bad knees and other mobility problems. She is currently being dragged through traffic court because some 16 year old loser hit her car, and then told everyone SHE hit HIM. It's obvious from the evidence collected that he hit her. I can not fathom hitting an old woman's car and then dragging her through court and blaming it on her!! What kind of disrespectful asshole....?? UGH.

And 9 year olds that have iPads make me rage.

The term "pet peeve" always kind of peeved me off.

Actually, I got peeved just from typing the word peeved just now. It doesn't even have to be "pet peeve".

Peeve peeves me off.

StephStellarMFC said:

My sister-in-law is a principal at a school here in Missouri. A few months ago the board of directors approved a 5 year plan to purchase Ipads for every student 4th through 12 grade starting with the older grades first. They are going entirely paperless, no books either. They've already got a contract for a shared cloud service devoted to school students so they can collaborate with each other and the teachers have access to them to upload homework, quizzes and tests. Attendance will be done automatically through an app. Books will be pdf versions. Gradebooks, grading...it's all being done on an Ipad starting next year on a large scale in the whole district, there's already 650 twelfth graders using them this year.

seeing "In Memory Of" stickers of gang bangers in a crappy car's rear view windows every time I drive through S. Central L.A. or East L.A.

Reactions: MissBlaire
StephStellarMFC said:

Part of me agrees. But there is series of interesting articles that are showing there are benefits to letting kids as young as two have access to iPads, like this long one
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/04/the-touch-screen-generation/309250/

tl:dr Digital natives i.e. anybody born in the late 90s or after, picks ups technology very easily. Many two years olds can get more out of playing with an iPod than a toy truck, or a stuffed animal, and they are almost certainly better than a TV. As long as parents, don't let the child get to obsessed by using a device like an iPad, they should not stress over them using them.

So possibly the right rage should be that 9 year olds should have had access to an iPad earlier :).

Chellelovesu said:
MegansDude said:
Knowing more about my car than the car sales representative I brought it from.

Knowing more about my internet than the people that come in to service it.

Basically, any time the customer knows more than the "professional" there's an issue.
I normally get frustrated with Best Buys Geek Squad or personnel when it comes to tech stuff. I can ask the same question to two techs and get opposite opinions which makes me either laugh or annoyed depending on my mood. The sad thing is, they see themselves as true experts. Maybe in my retirement years I will be able to work in a place like that to give the techs advice. :)

People who save their Easter chocolate. Those sociopaths who sit down a week later with it, slowly and deliberately enjoy it, savour it, letting all the chocolatly melty goodness waft across the lounge, mocking those who scoffed theirs for breakfast on Easter Sunday.

MsAllyCat said:
People who save their Easter chocolate. Those sociopaths who sit down a week later with it, slowly and deliberately enjoy it, savour it, letting all the chocolatly melty goodness waft across the lounge, mocking those who scoffed theirs for breakfast on Easter Sunday.

Oh dear, you must hate me then.

Last year, I bought a box of cadbury cream eggs. You know, the one that has 52 of them? I stuck it in the freezer with the intention of having one a week. That fell through, I've got about a third of the box left.

I should've done that with the cadbury mini candy-coated eggs too x.x Love those damn things. Wish they came in single-serving packages so I could just stick a bunch in the freezer like that.

EDIT to add: I only eat them at home though, I'm not so rude as to foist it on others. When I had a job, I would buy those packages with eight chocolates for a dollar from one of the stores with dollar in their name, and pack one of those per day in my lunchbox. $4 a month for a piece of chocolate a day was totally worth it, and I could stagger it so one week was hershey's, one week was reeces cups, and one week was kit kat bars. with the occasional pack of snickers. mmm

LadyLuna said:
MsAllyCat said:

Last year, I bought a box of cadbury cream eggs. You know, the one that has 52 of them? I stuck it in the freezer with the intention of having one a week. That fell through, I've got about a third of the box left.

I should've done that with the cadbury mini candy-coated eggs too x.x Love those damn things. Wish they came in single-serving packages so I could just stick a bunch in the freezer like that.

EDIT to add: I only eat them at home though, I'm not so rude as to foist it on others. When I had a job, I would buy those packages with eight chocolates for a dollar from one of the stores with dollar in their name, and pack one of those per day in my lunchbox. $4 a month for a piece of chocolate a day was totally worth it, and I could stagger it so one week was hershey's, one week was reeces cups, and one week was kit kat bars. with the occasional pack of snickers. mmm

yah I am hating hard right now. Not for your plainly wrong wrong wrong easter egg eating ways :p , but because you just referred to six types of chocolate I do not have in front of me right now. Oh woe.

MsAllyCat said:
LadyLuna said:
MsAllyCat said:

yah I am hating hard right now. Not for your plainly wrong wrong wrong easter egg eating ways :p , but because you just referred to six types of chocolate I do not have in front of me right now. Oh woe.
^^^^^^^ :lol: ^^^^^^^

Worst of all IMO is to do like my roommate does, and hide them out in all sort of out of the way places, (cuz she knows she will share if I know where they are, cuz I know she is a good and generous person and would say, "sure, go right ahead" if she was not at work.) So, no one gets to eat it, because by the time it is discovered again, it's a year or two old, gray, and has the texture of very stale Pepito-bismo tablets. :puke-right: :laughing-rofl:

PlayboyMegan said:
Incomplete questions drive me absolutely nuts!!!

"Boobs?"-Yes, I have boobs.
"Circumcised or un?"-I don't have a dick.
"Sex?"-Female.
"Do you like it?"-What is the "it" you are referring to?

:banghead:

When someone does this to me on MFC, I say "If you're too lazy to speak to me like a person instead of a sex machine, I'll just not answer".
Yes it took me longer to say that, but its the principle dammit!

Totally nitpicky thing on my part, but when a person is trying to emphasize a word, but puts multiple of the wrong vowel.

Example - acceptable: Oh my I so very much LOOOOVE chocolate chip cookies!
Example - peevy way: Oh my I so very much LOVEEEEE chocolate chip cookies!

You lovey them? LOVEEEE doesn't sound like "LOVE".

:woops:

AmberCutie said:
Totally nitpicky thing on my part, but when a person is trying to emphasize a word, but puts multiple of the wrong vowel.

Example - acceptable: Oh my I so very much LOOOOVE chocolate chip cookies!
Example - peevy way: Oh my I so very much LOVEEEEE chocolate chip cookies!

You lovey them? LOVEEEE doesn't sound like "LOVE".

:woops:
MY sister texts/types like this.

heyyy how arrrre yoou?
whatsss uppp?

Status
Not open for further replies.