AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone starts a conversation with you over text/IM/etc and doesn't fucking answer when you reply. Bitch, you started the convo!

When people at work ask me the same questions over and over again despite me giving them the same answer over and over again, even if they apparently understood the first time.

Me: "Thank you for calling xx. How may I help you?"

Them: "I am looking to do..."

Me: "I'm sorry, but you need to wait until tomorrow to do that." (We have specific days people can do things.)

Them: "Oh. I will come back tomorrow then."

Me: "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Them: "I'm looking to do... I know you said I couldn't today, but is there any chance you could do it?"

Over, and over, and over, and over again...

/rage.

Pronouncing "else" like "eltse". There's no "T" dammit! I run into random people who do this on occasion, and I can't figure out the reasoning behind it. I would understand if it were a regional dialect thing, but it doesn't seem to be. My husband did it, and he was from Atlanta. I know a few native Midwesterners who do it, too.

However, I have a friend who is bothered by my enunciation of the word "exactly". Thanks to my high school choir director, I enunciate the "t" far more than the average speaker - most people I know use a "soft t", while I use a "hard t". I do this with many words, because it became second nature to me to ensure that I enunciate my consonants clearly, as that's required while singing in a large choir so that the words will be clear and crisp.

On the subject of pronunciation I HATE when people say "ung-yin" instead of "un-yin." There is no G in onion! It really grinds my gears.

I'm going to add quoting movie quotes as you're watching the movie. The reason I say this is every time I've watched a movie for the first time that someone wanted me to watch, they quote along with it. Problem I have is: I have issues hearing. So when there's more than one noise, I can't focus on the noise I want...
(I feel so bad and I ask for people to repeat themselves). I now have to watch movies with subtitles to be able to see what they're saying.)

People who won't answer emails, texts, etc. I thought enough of you to take time to go out of the way and let you know that I'm glad you're a part of my life and I get Jack Squat in return? You know what, FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU.

eyeteach said:
People who won't answer emails, texts, etc. I thought enough of you to take time to go out of the way and let you know that I'm glad you're a part of my life and I get Jack Squat in return? You know what, FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU.
The worst is when you FB message them and see them updating their status only a few min. later. I see you motherfucker!

NicoleRiley said:
On the subject of pronunciation I HATE when people say "ung-yin" instead of "un-yin." There is no G in onion! It really grinds my gears.

I lol'd because I pronounce it with a g sound, as do most people in my day to day life. When I was at primary school, that's how they taught it. Same with the letter H, we were taught to pronounce it with an ach sound rather then hach. Tomato is tom-ai-toe not tom-ar-toe. So sometimes I find the difference in pronunciation between countries, fascinating and funny :D

Reactions: LadyLuna
This is more than just a pet peeve

Those refusing to take responsibility of what they’re guilty of, but rather do anything and everything to save face.
Saving face usually entails any, oftentimes in various combination, of the following:

- Become ultra defensive or flat out deny
- Give weak excuses
- Blame others for their actions
- Play it off like it’s no big deal
- Pretend like they’re unaware of what they did/say
- Attempt to justify their wrong-doing
- Attempt to bullshit their way out of the hotseat
- Try to turn it around by playing the victim
- Try to turn it around by accusing others of the same wrong-doing
- Become stand-offish as if they’re falsely accused
- Dancing around what they did/say or attempt to completely ignore it
- Give the “I was only kidding around” response
- Stand firm in their denial, weak excuses, justification, bullshit stories, or any of the other examples mentioned above

The extreme irony is that such attempts are to compensatte for whatever lost credibility, lost dignity, and/or loss of respect by any means possible, but it only worsens the situation ...becomes infuriating

For fuck sake, show some contrition and admit you're wrong... :banghead:

When someone plays videos or songs on their phone while in a public restroom. Or comes in and makes a lot of noise while going. I'm a noisy pooper at home, but when I'm in public, I'm silent. Random people don't want to hear your groans and moans and grunts. And the amount of people I hear on phone calls while they or someone else in the restroom is making lots of noise... Ew. I'm sure that the person you're talking to enjoys that.

mutantdonut said:
This is more than just a pet peeve

Those refusing to take responsibility of what they’re guilty of, but rather do anything and everything to save face.
Saving face usually entails any, oftentimes in various combination, of the following:

- Become ultra defensive or flat out deny
- Give weak excuses
- Blame others for their actions
- Play it off like it’s no big deal
- Pretend like they’re unaware of what they did/say
- Attempt to justify their wrong-doing
- Attempt to bullshit their way out of the hotseat
- Try to turn it around by playing the victim
- Try to turn it around by accusing others of the same wrong-doing
- Become stand-offish as if they’re falsely accused
- Dancing around what they did/say or attempt to completely ignore it
- Give the “I was only kidding around” response
- Stand firm in their denial, weak excuses, justification, bullshit stories, or any of the other examples mentioned above

The extreme irony is that such attempts are to compensatte for whatever lost credibility, lost dignity, and/or loss of respect by any means possible, but it only worsens the situation ...becomes infuriating

For fuck sake, show some contrition and admit you're wrong... :banghead:

It's typical narcissistic behavior and yes, it is infuriating.

LilLitaRose said:
I'm going to add quoting movie quotes as you're watching the movie. The reason I say this is every time I've watched a movie for the first time that someone wanted me to watch, they quote along with it. Problem I have is: I have issues hearing. So when there's more than one noise, I can't focus on the noise I want...
(I feel so bad and I ask for people to repeat themselves). I now have to watch movies with subtitles to be able to see what they're saying.)

I have the same issue, and I wear hearing aids. It's pointless for me to even watch a movie without subtitles. I won't understand half of it, even at the theatre where it is loud.

Reactions: AngelicTease
This is something that has deeply bothered me my entire life: People who fail to put their grocery carts away. I'm like, "If you can push that grocery cart all around the fucking store, you can walk the extra 50 feet to put the damn thing away."

It really really bothers me. It's pure laziness. It infuriates me when I drive into a store parking lot and see random grocery carts all over the place. And when I can't park in the space I want to because a fucking grocery cart is there! And sometimes, I have even seen carts sitting RIGHT NEXT to the cart holder! OMFG was it REALLY THAT HARD TO ROLL THE DAMN CART A FEW MORE FEET?!!?

Sometimes I catch people in the act of not putting their carts away. I really want to walk over to them and tell them to be responsible adults and put it away. But then I talk myself out of it, because it isn't worth picking a fight over, and I need to choose my battles.

:angry4:

Violet October said:
Family members telling me that I'll change my mind about not wanting to have children and begging me not to have a hysterectomy. Bitches, I've NEVER wanted kids. Even when I was a kid, I didn't like baby dolls and said from an early age if I ever wanted kids, I'd adopt.
Fuck. Off.

It's better that you realize that and have chosen not to. Many people have kids who really shouldn't.

FirePlay69 said:
This is something that has deeply bothered me my entire life: People who fail to put their grocery carts away. I'm like, "If you can push that grocery cart all around the fucking store, you can walk the extra 50 feet to put the damn thing away."

It really really bothers me. It's pure laziness. It infuriates me when I drive into a store parking lot and see random grocery carts all over the place. And when I can't park in the space I want to because a fucking grocery cart is there! And sometimes, I have even seen carts sitting RIGHT NEXT to the cart holder! OMFG was it REALLY THAT HARD TO ROLL THE DAMN CART A FEW MORE FEET?!!?

Sometimes I catch people in the act of not putting their carts away. I really want to walk over to them and tell them to be responsible adults and put it away. But then I talk myself out of it, because it isn't worth picking a fight over, and I need to choose my battles.

I like to leave them where I park. It ensures that some poor kid will have a job going out there and getting them. If everyone put them where they belonged they wouldn't need to have as many employee man hours to go get them. Makes me feel all civic pride and stuff knowing i'm helping somebody survive in this world by keeping their job.

SweetSaffron said:
When someone plays videos or songs on their phone while in a public restroom. Or comes in and makes a lot of noise while going. I'm a noisy pooper at home, but when I'm in public, I'm silent. Random people don't want to hear your groans and moans and grunts. And the amount of people I hear on phone calls while they or someone else in the restroom is making lots of noise... Ew. I'm sure that the person you're talking to enjoys that.

Or when you are sitting on the commode in a public restroom and for whatever reason the girl in the stall next to you wants to strike up a conversation. I'm like, "Can't I just do my business in peace?"

JerryBoBerry said:
FirePlay69 said:

I like to leave them where I park. It ensures that some poor kid will have a job going out there and getting them. If everyone put them where they belonged they wouldn't need to have as many employee man hours to go get them. Makes me feel all civic pride and stuff knowing i'm helping somebody survive in this world by keeping their job.

Ohhh... you should not have told me that!

FirePlay69 said:
JerryBoBerry said:
FirePlay69 said:

It makes a certain amount of sense at first but there's other factors. Several times I've chased after rebel grocery carts just before they smashed into parked cars or people, plus they can make the lot difficult to drive through with random carts all over the place. Maybe if the created a "stall" by each parking place...but I bet folks still would leave them in the driving lanes.

So, anyway, I return mine to the building, for safety concerns, and if it costs a few people starvation jobs, I'm sorry, but safety first.

Nordling said:
FirePlay69 said:
JerryBoBerry said:
FirePlay69 said:

It makes a certain amount of sense at first but there's other factors. Several times I've chased after rebel grocery carts just before they smashed into parked cars or people, plus they can make the lot difficult to drive through with random carts all over the place. Maybe if the created a "stall" by each parking place...but I bet folks still would leave them in the driving lanes.

So, anyway, I return mine to the building, for safety concerns, and if it costs a few people starvation jobs, I'm sorry, but safety first.

I heard that in London there is a "cart dispenser" where the shopper must insert a coin to get the cart, and in order to get the coin back, the person has to return the cart. And it works. People really want their coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.