AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

PM's during public chat!?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxoxvictoriarose

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 26, 2016
paradise
Twitter Username
@oxoxvictoria
Tumblr Username
oxoxvictoria
MFC Username
Oxoxvictoria
OKAY HIIIII. so my question is, when you're on public chat, what do you do the most? talk to people in the actual chat? reply to the majillion PM messages? just talk and only answer group and privates?
im fairly new and sometimes i feel like i spend a lot of time talking to people in PM's who literally want just that...to talk. which don't get me wrong, is great and i love a good conversation. but i'd hate to only attract people who want to talk to me and never tip me just because ill talk to anyone. is this a problem or am i just a noob being walked on :p
what do you do?

Most models charge something for friend/PM access. And PMs are fine for personal things that can't be shared in public, or specific questions, but if someone's having a conversation with you it's taking away from your public room.

So if you're room is slow I don't think having PM conversations are bad. But generally speaking if they just want to talk they should do it in public. Mostly it seems like they're just trying to get your personal attention for 'free' and you definitely don't have to put up with that. You can politely ask them to talk in the chat window or just say that you'll reply to PMs after you're done.

Reactions: Keziah
Not a model, but often find myself trapped in PM by models who should be far too busy for it... Models should use private communication sparingly, you only have so much time and attention to spare. Some models use it more than others with their members, it depends on who you are and who you are attracting.
If you have the time, and they are someone you want to chat with do it. Be aware you may have to stop as you become busier. Never PM over those who tip/ want to tip/ spend on you from your room (public chat).

I think talking in main chat (you talking, them typing) should be your main focus. It also depends how busy your room is. I like leaving PMs open because that's how I've met some of my regs :) if your room is a bit slow, I would be nice and see what they are looking for first! When your room gets busier, it's better to not focus on PMs as much - members do notice that you're getting distracted from the main chat (unless you are a master multi-tasker ;)).

I know most people charge for PM/friend add, but I don't want to feel obligated to talk to someone making me uncomfortable or being overly needy just because they paid to be a friend haha.

I think the more you cam, the more you get a feel for which PMs are worth your time.

Oh, and not sure if you are verified yet, but there is a lot of info in the model's only section that is helpful, too :)

Reactions: GamingAngel
OKAY HIIIII. so my question is, when you're on public chat, what do you do the most? talk to people in the actual chat? reply to the majillion PM messages? just talk and only answer group and privates?
im fairly new and sometimes i feel like i spend a lot of time talking to people in PM's who literally want just that...to talk. which don't get me wrong, is great and i love a good conversation. but i'd hate to only attract people who want to talk to me and never tip me just because ill talk to anyone. is this a problem or am i just a noob being walked on :p
what do you do?

You may have times when even some of your favorite members are PMing you just a wee bit too much, even after the PM conversation should have ended. At some point you just have to tell them "Okay, let's talk more in the chat (insert a smiley face)."

I used to have a problem with staying on MFC for too long without tips, because I enjoyed chatting with "my friends." And then there was the "Aw, you're leaving? But I just got here..." people. Lol. That was annoying, because you know what...there's always gonna be someone who "just got here." But what are you gonna do...stay on cam for 24 hours 'til everyone gets here??? :p No, ma'am, Pam! :)

Focus on your public chat. Chat with the members who are participating in your public chat (It's like pulling teeth sometimes to get some members to chat, so if you've got chatters, YAY!), but don't cater to requests that aren't accompanied by a tip. This include "Show feet, bb." The foot fetish guys need to tip too.

Sorry, not a model but just wanted to increase my post count throw in my two cents. There are times when I want to ask the model something in private, but I do it as a ninja tip note. This way, I let the model decide whether she feels comfortable answering the question verbally in public or if she wants to PM me her answer (or not answer me at all). As a member, I actually feel self conscious about the model pm'ing me because I do feel that it interrupts the flow of the room and I don't like feeling responsible for any negative impact that may occur from pm'ing the model. I feel that a model using pm to respond to a tip note is a bit more accepted by her members because they know someone tipped for something. All the model needs to say is "thank you ninja, I'll answer you in PM" as a polite way of letting her room know that she's taking care of a tipper and not just randomly pm'ing people.

In fact, the more I think about this I recall being in a model's room when she was newer to MFC. There were times when her pm's started to pile up and she essentially "paused" her chat in the room to try and catch up with the pm's. I actually do not notice this any more. I am wondering if she just got better at managing pm's or if she helped encourage a culture in her room that minimizes PM usage.

Agree with everything that's been said. I don't charge for pm and it's always open. What I do is say hey when they first start to pm me and if it's apparent that they are just going to chat shit then I ignore it. I don't mind answering questions of a sensitive nature regarding what someone wants for Pvt and replying to Skype requests + potential sales etc, but I don't deal with 20 million stupid pms about how sexy I am, what they want to do to me and how hard their oh so massive cock is. Sometimes the guys start to chat in the main room sometimes they throw a hissy fit. But hey that's life.

Sorry, not a model but just wanted to increase my post count throw in my two cents. There are times when I want to ask the model something in private, but I do it as a ninja tip note. This way, I let the model decide whether she feels comfortable answering the question verbally in public or if she wants to PM me her answer (or not answer me at all). As a member, I actually feel self conscious about the model pm'ing me because I do feel that it interrupts the flow of the room and I don't like feeling responsible for any negative impact that may occur from pm'ing the model. I feel that a model using pm to respond to a tip note is a bit more accepted by her members because they know someone tipped for something. All the model needs to say is "thank you ninja, I'll answer you in PM" as a polite way of letting her room know that she's taking care of a tipper and not just randomly pm'ing people.

In fact, the more I think about this I recall being in a model's room when she was newer to MFC. There were times when her pm's started to pile up and she essentially "paused" her chat in the room to try and catch up with the pm's. I actually do not notice this any more. I am wondering if she just got better at managing pm's or if she helped encourage a culture in her room that minimizes PM usage.
I was so bad at this when I first started on Mfc. I think models learn pretty quickly that being in pm constantly is not good for business especially if you have a very busy and chatty room.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Hi,

I do charge to PM and be a 'friend' only because when I first started the PM's were so many I couldn't keep up and it certainly disrupted my chat.

I now find it easy to focus on my room as only ever have one or two PM's going at once. I do get requests to PM to discuss a private or ask a sensitive question for these I add as friend answer the questions and then remove the friend I of course let them know this.

You cand spend all your broadcasting time answering all PM's, try to do it only for who that really worth (users with tokens), and try to do'nt give them too much attention, remember, they are on your room because they are looking for your attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.