AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Positive/Inspirational Quotes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NaomiRose

Cam Model
Mar 3, 2010
Canada
www.naomirose69.tumblr.com
Tumblr Username
naomirose69
Streamate Username
NaomiRose69
I thought I would start a thread for everyone to post positive/inspirational quotes. We could all use 'em! I did a search to see if there were any other threads like this and I couldn't find one... So I do apologize if this is a repeat and I ask Amber to kindly delete this and point me in the right direction if there does exist such a thread.

I'll start:

"Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours." --Swedish Proverb

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
My signature line at one of the other forums I go to...

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in sideways screaming "Holy shit! What a ride!"

and this one at another forum...

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. - Helen Keller

Yeah! I was thinking of starting a thread on this very subject. A lot of people think they are corny, and they can be...but we should never underestimate the power of positive thinking.

Some of my favorites:

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." *George Eliot, 19th century novelist (and early feminist)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." *Attributed to many, including Ben Franklin and Abraham Lincoln. (note: I fail at this on a daily basis)

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.” *author unknown

I use this on my work email sig:

"Obsess over solutions, not problems." *attributed to many

Nordling said:
"The problem with internet quotes is you can never be sure of their validity" — Abraham Lincoln

Your post might have had more credence if you attributed it to Al Gore... :-D

I saw this posted as a comment on a Youtube video...made me laugh (been there, done that!):

Marriage is like a deck of cards…

In the beginning all you need is two hearts and a diamond.

By the end, you wish you had a fucking club and a spade

schlmoe said:
Nordling said:
"The problem with internet quotes is you can never be sure of their validity" — Abraham Lincoln

:-D I do hope you realize that credibility was not the point of the fake "quote."

Nordling said:
schlmoe said:
Nordling said:

:-D I do hope you realize that credibility was not the point of the fake "quote."

The most fun part of BS'ing is to add that one little grain of plausibility, to make that one person doubt themselves and then they make your BS as part of their gospel. But yeah, we're on the same page... :-D

Well it appears that I have duplicated this thread. I will ask Amber to remove the one I started. Thanks for the heads up Schlmoe, (I am still a little curious as to why you thanked Amber for removing a post you could not have possibly seen, but that's a different matter). Sorry NaomiChase for the dup, and let me say this thread IMO is a very good idea, he he :) .

Also, I thought the quote contributed to Abe was pretty funny, but I also saw the humor in the idea of contributing it to Al Gore, which isn't too much different from what I did in the before mentioned removed post. It was after all the right call, if for no other reason, then because the disclaimer was only posted in the following post, and had someone new only read the first it could... no it would have been misleading.

Once again, I apologizes NaomiChase, I realize this is the quotes thread not the get it off your mind thread. but if there is such a thread I would be happy to know about it if anyone could direct me. And if not someone should start one...

Yes quotes, got it.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
Mark Twain.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Oscar Wilde

A man's only as old as the woman he feels. Groucho Marx

"I chased a woman for almost two years only to discover her tastes were exactly like mine - we were both crazy about girls."
Groucho Marx

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

I have a few..

"We are all made of stars, but it is up to us how brightly we will shine"

... one of mine.

"Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile."

"A person who has never failed... has never tried.
A person who has never lost... has never loved.
A person who has never reached for the stars...
will never know how sweet it is to kiss the sky."

:-D

"I just let it roll. Like a hot turd down a hill."
— Charles Bukowski (The Captain is Out to Lunch and the Sailors Have Taken Over the Ship)

Reactions: camstory
"Girls are stupid and I don't respect them."

-Jon Lajoie

Oh wait, you said POSITIVE. Derp.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."
-Homer Simpson

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is to follow that 'talent' to the dark place where it leads."
-Erica Jong

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares to cut the rope and be free."
-Nikos Kazantzakis

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm."
-Winston Churchill

"It's time to eat!"
-Mom
It had a profound effect on my life.

Dolicky said:
This little essay is full of wonderful advice ...
Great Text!
"Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine."

So true...

Reactions: Dolicky
Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble.
Frank Tyger

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
John Wooden

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed"
Mahatma Gandhi

No matter where you go, there you are.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Not mine, found it on a profile wall. If it doesn't make you gag, it will make you cry.

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all, live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.

Luck is the residue of design

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra

Never have more children than you have car windows.
Erma Bombeck

Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours.
Ronald Reagan

The day I made that statement, about the inventing the internet, I was tired because I'd been up all night inventing the Camcorder.
Al Gore

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Albert Einstein

Reactions: JoleneBrody

THIS!! THIS and only this,

Love watching this when I need to get myself motivated!

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Never lie to someone who trusts you; never trust someone who lies to you.
Dexter (well, the writers of the show)

camstory said:
Not mine, found it on a profile wall. If it doesn't make you gag, it will make you cry.

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all, live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.

That was fairly gag-a-riffic. There are so many wordy ways to say a simple " seize the day." I guess those three words are not as weighty out of context as they are in. Like when a person who is at death's door says "seize the day" and then exhales for the last time. When he says it, the person who hears him knows what he means. "Live. Love. We are all dying." Life is pointless, and that's why it is priceless. I suppose the long version is for the people who haven't heard the short version spoken in context, or who haven't said it to themselves at just the right moment.

From a friend. I am very lucky to have such friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.