AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Premium's Group Show strategy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WillowJames

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 12, 2013
USA
Twitter Username
@WillowJamesMFC
MFC Username
WillowJames
Streamate Username
WillowJames
Every group show I've done gets started with a few folks who are already in my public room and have been hanging out for a while. They're of course pretty excited, and I usually at least know them all a little bit. Once the show gets started, I always get a bunch of premiums who pop in for a second; sometimes they stay and watch, and sometimes they move on pretty fast. The ones who pop in are always premiums who I've never seen in my room before!

So my question is - do some premiums just browse group shows? What's the general strategy of those folks? Whenever I perv, I usually stay in one model's room for a long time to see where things go. I'm just wondering if most folks hang out with models they already know, or regularly click on random models group or private shows to see what's happening in there?

Just wondering! Thanks.

I almost never check out group shows, unless it was a model that I was talking to for ages. I am one of those guys who definitely prefers private shows to group shows. I mean, I can see why other people would prefer group shows (being cheap and all), but I prefer private and trueprivate shows.

Having the model only paying attention to you and nothing else does feel a lot better than her trying to keep up with a bunch of random guys who are probably constantly asking for her to do this or do that.

Reactions: WillowJames
WillowJames said:
So my question is - do some premiums just browse group shows? What's the general strategy of those folks?

Yes, some people just browse group shows. That's what the group show list is for!

The general strategy is to see if anything that strikes their fancy is happening that they can't see from the lounge. These are typically either members whose favourites are offline, or who don't have favourites. I've seen them come into groups say something like "zoom pussy" and then skip out if pussy isn't zoomed pronto. They are members who buy tokens, but they're pretty stingy with them.

Thanks, yall. Yeah, I prefer privates so much more than group as well. It's way easier to please one member who I already know than many who I don't at all!

Reactions: Sansa
These guys are doing the equivalent to spying on a private show (curiosity)... in group you can at least interact/ be part of it.
Those exploring are most likely seeing if that model's show is worth it, as simple as that. Most of these premiums would have been watching, waiting to find out more. This group show will most likely decide if that premium visits again.

Many who chase group are more like bargain hunters, searching for a pvt show at discounted rate (much like the skype show strategy). This is by far the greater plan for those taking group time.
Personally it is a flawed strategy, pvt time is so much better.

Some models do group shows very well (are known for them), in this case those joining are simply looking to enjoy. Strategy is the same as making a countdown.

I've also seen a few do it for a variant of 'White Knight' purposes. They see someone stuck at 2 in group, or repeatedly get on the group list, without actually making it into group. So they'll join, only to dodge out fast. One token is the most they spend, and if they get really good at the timing it doesn't subtract even the one token.

And sort of what's already been said. Some will watch the group list to make a list of models who will stay in group even after there's just one person left. They'll join those in hopes of being the only one remaining. I guess their thinking is if they are alone, then the group transforms more into a private. They think they get to direct the model a bit more then.

Slightly different opinion - some guys just get plain old horny and want to see some fucking... but why Group?

Public shows are when everyone and their dog suddenly starts directing and telling everyone what they're doing. They're individually very unlikely to get heard, let alone get what they want. Group shows potentially offer the chance to get what they want.

Why do they duck in/out? Probably the same reason why people will go into rooms then leave - they're seeing what the model actually looks like.
We're all shallow - we can pretend it's "about personality" - but when you just want to get turned on then it's how attractive you think that person is that matters - not that they've a wonderful sense of humour and save kittens; you don't have time to find that shit out!

So they're likely horny guys who aren't happy with what's in free chat, or are after their "thing" and can't (won't) pay for private.

From a personal observation - they're not necessarily stingy whatsoever. They'll happily stay for bloody ages if its what they want/enjoy/like.
Perhaps they're stingy they aren't paying for pvt, but from my personal point of view $6 a minute is insane money so I wouldn't be surprised if its the same for others too.

All this is simply built from talking with a model for the past few years. Before I "helped" start groups for her (that's the "White Knight" behaviour apparently) she had a camscore of ~300 and a dead room. Simply clicking "Group" would bring in people (group surfers?).

Over about 4-6 weeks that camscore rose to ~1400 and she's managed to maintain that. That "White Knight" behaviour introduced her to her whale tipper (who's sadly no longer tipping, as he turned out to be fucking nuts - but even so he was an awesome tipper/pvt/skype person). Of course she'd prefer guys to go pvt - she gets more for less time! But she takes groups simply because without it, she may make nothing from a 4 hour shift. Perhaps her "Group surfers" are guys who actually know her (as in regularly attend her groups :p ), but they're the ones that are actually paying the bills.

So I don't think "Group surfers" are to be sniffed at nor ignored / written off. But I should point out that I think for every 10 surfers perhaps only 1 stays longer than 10 seconds, and maybe 1 in 30 stays for 5-20 minutes (numbers pulled out of thin air, not actual statistics!).

Am I a group surfer? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.