AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private Shows— how do they work/what to expect?😯🫣🙈🧜🏼‍♀️

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2023
Chaturbate Username
lil_popcorn
Hello Community❤️

Can someone please explain in detail what happens in Private shows (on Chaturbate)?

I was thinking of purchasing a Private show on Chaturbate, however I rather gather more information on what these shows entail.

A Cam 101 video informed me that the best way to be successful is to have a variety of toys and outfits. Also, start really slow and get to know your customer by speaking 1 or 2 minutes with them. There can also be instances where the customer may want to go straight into the act.

I’m confused because I set my Private show for a maximum of 5 minutes. Does this mean I have to time myself once I start the actual act after speaking with them?

Also, do Cam models have the option of going into another Private show when done with one? How does this work?

All suggestions greatly appreciated🥰
💋

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Only the viewer can initiate a private show by clicking the link next to your app panel underneath your camera feed. You can allow other viewers to spy on the show for a discounted rate.

The 5 minutes is a minimum not a maximum. If a user leaves before the five minutes is up, you get 5 minutes worth of tokens from him.

What you do in private is up to you and your boundaries. I always discuss a few details before accepting a private unless it's someone I already know well on the site.

There is no limit to the amount of privates a model can accept but be aware it does take your cam off the main pages and puts you in the community controlled section of pages. Not a huge deal unless you are trying to gain more viewers on any given day.

As a viewer I've paid for privates that I liked and didn't like. As I've learned what type of shows I like, I always make sure the model(s) involved know what my expectations are and I know they understand and are doing something they are comfortable with. I also try to do some shows that I think will be unique and entertaining for those involved. I've also had lengthy privates to simply chat uninterrupted. My shortest has been just under ten minutes and my longest somewhere around 90 minutes. For me it really just depends on who is involved, what is requested, and if everyone is comfortable with it.

What you do in private is up to you and your boundaries.
you can tell anyone no to a request if it makes you uncomfortable. you can also change your mind on doing whatever act you agreed to if you decide you no longer want to continue with the request/show. be sure whatever you do in pvt is in line with the tos or you will risk suspension/ban.

if you say no to someone and they try convincing you with extra tip. i recommend not accepting. if it's an act you are willing to do for an additional amount, say so upfront. don't be afraid to prioritize your comfort. it's okay to say no.

you can tell anyone no to a request if it makes you uncomfortable. you can also change your mind on doing whatever act you agreed to if you decide you no longer want to continue with the request/show. be sure whatever you do in pvt is in line with the tos or you will risk suspension/ban.

if you say no to someone and they try convincing you with extra tip. i recommend not accepting. if it's an act you are willing to do for an additional amount, say so upfront. don't be afraid to prioritize your comfort. it's okay to say no.
As a viewer I would prefer a model say no to something she isn't comfortable with than have her do something she doesn't want to simply because she didn't want to say no (or doesn't want to miss out on tokens). It doesn't hurt my feelings to say no and actually helps me understand where boundaries are. Similarly, when you say yes the same applies.

To piggyback on Audri's comment -- if you do say yes to something you're not comfortable doing for the sake of money, make no mistake they will ask you to do it again and again and again.
As a viewer I would prefer a model say no to something she isn't comfortable with than have her do something she doesn't want to simply because she didn't want to say no (or doesn't want to miss out on tokens). It doesn't hurt my feelings to say no and actually helps me understand where boundaries are. Similarly, when you say yes the same applies.
*sigh* Just because someone said yes yesterday doesn't mean it means yes tomorrow or three months from now. Conversely, someone saying no today doesn't mean they won't say yes tomorrow.

Only the viewer can initiate a private show by clicking the link next to your app panel underneath your camera feed. You can allow other viewers to spy on the show for a discounted rate.

The 5 minutes is a minimum not a maximum. If a user leaves before the five minutes is up, you get 5 minutes worth of tokens from him.

What you do in private is up to you and your boundaries. I always discuss a few details before accepting a private unless it's someone I already know well on the site.

There is no limit to the amount of privates a model can accept but be aware it does take your cam off the main pages and puts you in the community controlled section of pages. Not a huge deal unless you are trying to gain more viewers on any given day.
@Vixxen81 Thank you! Great information! :)

As a viewer I've paid for privates that I liked and didn't like. As I've learned what type of shows I like, I always make sure the model(s) involved know what my expectations are and I know they understand and are doing something they are comfortable with. I also try to do some shows that I think will be unique and entertaining for those involved. I've also had lengthy privates to simply chat uninterrupted. My shortest has been just under ten minutes and my longest somewhere around 90 minutes. For me it really just depends on who is involved, what is requested, and if everyone is comfortable with it.
@pantops Good points! Appreciate you.

@AudriTwo For sure! Thanks for the info.

To piggyback on Audri's comment -- if you do say yes to something you're not comfortable doing for the sake of money, make no mistake they will ask you to do it again and again and again.

*sigh* Just because someone said yes yesterday doesn't mean it means yes tomorrow or three months from now. Conversely, someone saying no today doesn't mean they won't say yes tomorrow.
@Vixxen81 Good point!

When I first started going to cam sites, I was really shy and just said "whatever you feel like" or "whatever feels good" to the model, because I didn't want to appear demanding or make her uncomfortable. I started getting specific and was told no a couple of times, but it was OK at least I knew where the lines were.

In the back of my mind though, whenever I said "whatever you like", I kinda wanted the model to really surprise me and maybe do card tricks or a musical number. I would be shocked but that would be awesome.

Hello Community❤️

Can someone please explain in detail what happens in Private shows (on Chaturbate)?

I was thinking of purchasing a Private show on Chaturbate, however I rather gather more information on what these shows entail.

A Cam 101 video informed me that the best way to be successful is to have a variety of toys and outfits. Also, start really slow and get to know your customer by speaking 1 or 2 minutes with them. There can also be instances where the customer may want to go straight into the act.

I’m confused because I set my Private show for a maximum of 5 minutes. Does this mean I have to time myself once I start the actual act after speaking with them?

Also, do Cam models have the option of going into another Private show when done with one? How does this work?

All suggestions greatly appreciated🥰
💋
You do not need lots of outfits or toys to be successful doing private shows.

Careful with dragging shows longer by chatting and delaying acts you are asked to do - you can get banned.

Of course only do what you are comfortable with and you are free to say "no, I don't do that" and offer a substitute you would be willing to do (for example: customer asks for anal, you don't do that, say sorry, I don't do that, but I can do a doggy pov show for you instead) if the customer isn't happy with that then either they or you can end the private show.

You do not need lots of outfits or toys to be successful doing private shows.

Careful with dragging shows longer by chatting and delaying acts you are asked to do - you can get banned.

Of course only do what you are comfortable with and you are free to say "no, I don't do that" and offer a substitute you would be willing to do (for example: customer asks for anal, you don't do that, say sorry, I don't do that, but I can do a doggy pov show for you instead) if the customer isn't happy with that then either they or you can end the private show.
@Lexi_Summers Thank you for the info! Good points. :)

When I first started going to cam sites, I was really shy and just said "whatever you feel like" or "whatever feels good" to the model, because I didn't want to appear demanding or make her uncomfortable. I started getting specific and was told no a couple of times, but it was OK at least I knew where the lines were.

In the back of my mind though, whenever I said "whatever you like", I kinda wanted the model to really surprise me and maybe do card tricks or a musical number. I would be shocked but that would be awesome.
@sponkel Cool!

This is my biggest complaint with private shows. If I'm paying by the minute I expect to get full attention the entire time. I don't think anyone I've been in a show with has deliberately delayed acts, but I do get annoyed if they don't start fairly quickly (within 30 seconds) or if they are more interested in each other, their phones, or something other than me. I've never had this problem in a solo PVT but I see it occasionally with two or more, especially when it's models I'm not that familiar with. All things considered I now have a pretty good understanding of who and what shows give me the most satisfaction, so I'm much more selective in when I do them.

This is my biggest complaint with private shows. If I'm paying by the minute I expect to get full attention the entire time. I don't think anyone I've been in a show with has deliberately delayed acts, but I do get annoyed if they don't start fairly quickly (within 30 seconds) or if they are more interested in each other, their phones, or something other than me. I've never had this problem in a solo PVT but I see it occasionally with two or more, especially when it's models I'm not that familiar with. All things considered I now have a pretty good understanding of who and what shows give me the most satisfaction, so I'm much more selective in when I do them.
@pantops 👍🏻 Thanks for your input!

One thing I didn't see mentioned that has helped some of the models I visit is to consider setting a minimum time for the private. For example, if you have a 5 minute minimum set and the user leaves after 30 seconds, you still get paid for the 5 minutes (I was not sure if this was the maximum you were referring to since I am not on Chaturbate)

From what I understand, setting a minimum helps because users won't interrupt your public show flow (and the earnings from it) for a REALLY short private - or if they do you at least get paid for your time.

The other piece of etiquette I would pass on is that you do not HAVE to accept every private that comes across your system. If you are doing your public show and have a bunch of users tipping really well, or a user in the room that you know tips you well, you may decide not to take yourself out of the public room for a private with someone you aren't familiar with or know is kind of a cheapskate. You can ask them to wait a little bit when the room is less busy. It is your choice

One thing I didn't see mentioned that has helped some of the models I visit is to consider setting a minimum time for the private. For example, if you have a 5 minute minimum set and the user leaves after 30 seconds, you still get paid for the 5 minutes (I was not sure if this was the maximum you were referring to since I am not on Chaturbate)

From what I understand, setting a minimum helps because users won't interrupt your public show flow (and the earnings from it) for a REALLY short private - or if they do you at least get paid for your time.

The other piece of etiquette I would pass on is that you do not HAVE to accept every private that comes across your system. If you are doing your public show and have a bunch of users tipping really well, or a user in the room that you know tips you well, you may decide not to take yourself out of the public room for a private with someone you aren't familiar with or know is kind of a cheapskate. You can ask them to wait a little bit when the room is less busy. It is your choice
On CB there is a minimum required time provided by the model. The most common I see is ten minutes. This also allows the user to know how many tokens are required, at minimum, for a private. (If 42/minute, you need at least 420; if 120/minute, you need at least 1,200, etc). In perhaps my least favorite private I've done, the models wanted to finish before the ten minute time elapsed. I tried to exit, but the system wouldn't let me since the required time had not elapsed (I assume I could have closed the window though). I informed the model of this and she ended it. I don't know if I was still charged for ten minutes since she closed it.

On CB there is a minimum required time provided by the model. The most common I see is ten minutes. This also allows the user to know how many tokens are required, at minimum, for a private. (If 42/minute, you need at least 420; if 120/minute, you need at least 1,200, etc). In perhaps my least favorite private I've done, the models wanted to finish before the ten minute time elapsed. I tried to exit, but the system wouldn't let me since the required time had not elapsed (I assume I could have closed the window though). I informed the model of this and she ended it. I don't know if I was still charged for ten minutes since she closed it.
This is sort of accurate. Models can set a minimum for the show requirement. It is not mandatory. Goes all the way to 30 minutes as the minimum. If at any time the user ends the show, she gets the remaining minutes owed in her token balance. Most common is 10 minutes.

Private show settings.png

@Hiunds Great information! Thanks so much! 💯

This is sort of accurate. Models can set a minimum for the show requirement. It is not mandatory. Goes all the way to 30 minutes as the minimum. If at any time the user ends the show, she gets the remaining minutes owed in her token balance. Most common is 10 minutes.

View attachment 96146
I tried to end a ten-minute minimum show by clicking on "leave private show" at around eight minutes and it told me I couldn't because the minimum amount of time had not been met. There was nothing stopping me from closing the tab or shutting off my computer, at which time I assume I'd be charged the balance of the remaining time.

(This is a friendly notice that I edited my previous comment to provide a bit of clarification.)
Yeah I think she'd get the balance no matter what. But glad to know it's been hardcoded because guys would get super pissed when they'd leave and find out they lost the tokens any way.

Reactions: lil_popcorn
As a viewer I prefer to go out of my way to never ask a model to do something mid-private that she would be uncomfortable with. I think you can ask about those boundaries before the private starts, that way you don't put the model on the spot in the heat of the moment, when there is only you and her in the room and she feels under pressure. And if you are not comfortable asking about it in the public chat then maybe consider rethinking whether you should be asking for things like that.

Reactions: lil_popcorn
And if you are not comfortable asking about it in the public chat then maybe consider rethinking whether you should be asking for things like that.
Id rather not discuss private in public chat, plenty of reasons you might not want to ask in public. But a private message or hidden tipnote works fine.

Id rather not discuss private in public chat, plenty of reasons you might not want to ask in public. But a private message or hidden tipnote works fine.
Yeah, fair point. I just wasn't really thinking of all of the potential options available across all platforms. I just feel that asking a model to do something dubious which hasn't been pre-agreed, in the middle of a private, has the potential to put the model in a difficult position.

Yeah, fair point. I just wasn't really thinking of all of the potential options available across all platforms. I just feel that asking a model to do something dubious which hasn't been pre-agreed, in the middle of a private, has the potential to put the model in a difficult position.
100%. Happens all the time though but it's frustrating. Deffinately a brief discussion first is best

Status
Not open for further replies.