AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

promo????

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arielxoxo

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 10, 2017
Canada
Twitter Username
@xxxo_ariel
MFC Username
xxxo_ariel
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000968397/xxxo_ariel/
ok so today i was on cam doing my thing, when a member approached me. She said she was a model and that she liked me and she wanted to give a guy my email to promote me. I figured the guy would want something in return but i gave it a shot, anyways so long story short this guy skype called me and his camera was off, and he was asking me to take clothes off ect in return for promotion.... it feels kinda scammy to me??? he said he would post about me in the lounge on MFC and tweet about me.. i told him i had to go get my phone fixed and that i would call him back (i do actually have to fix my phone lol) but doing a free show so some guy who i dont know who may or may not promote me seems sketchy. Has this ever happened to someone?? how do i turn this guy down politely?? or should i just not call back??? Also he was claiming to be a MFC admin which just seems like a load of bullshit

im a noobie btw

I may not work on MFC but a guy offering to promote in the lounge doesn't mean shit. there are so many twitter/snapchat promo that shout you out for free, so just ignore all the dudes that promise you that for free shows/shit.

Here is a great thread where you can learn all that stuff on your own.
Promoting Yourself/Advertising/Getting More Traffic 101

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Not just to the OP, but as this scam seems to be going around...

When you're approached by someone purporting to be a promoter or cam site person or whatever, take a pause to think about why. Successful promoters and other industry professionals are too busy running their businesses to chase down new, unknown models, or really any model that isn't absolutely top tier. If they are worth the promotion, YOU will have to go looking for THEM. Even with something as simple as as retweet, the really big accounts often require you to mention them in the tweet because they don't have time to dig through all the hot girl tweets everyday. If someone comes to you offering to promote you, it's probably because you have 10x more Twitter followers than he does, or because he's trying to scam you.

Secondly, legit promoters and site operators will never ask you to get naked or do a show for them at all, much less for free. I honestly can't think of any substantial benefit you can get in this industry by performing or getting naked without being paid.

I second Ginger here, a real pro would have an established name, and most likely experience as a model too.
As for his claim of being an MFC admin, no web site that I know of will allow industry reps to behave in such manner.
I hope it helps.

Yeah its a load of bovine excrement. It's 99% certain that was all just 1 dude running a scam.

Advice on who are the genuine MFC admins is in the MFC wiki... http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Administrators

Quote...

"Fake Skype Administrators"

"Some models have reported that they are contacted via Skype by someone pretending to be a MyFreeCams Admin. This is just a scam.

Our administrators will never contact you on Skype or any other chat service outside of MyFreeCams.com.

If you are contacted, simply ask them to PM you on MyFreeCams from their MFC Admin username to confirm their identity. The full list of Admin usernames is above."

:)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Dan Epstein
Status
Not open for further replies.