AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

quit the studio

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2010
I'm a model who quitted the work from a studio. I want to make myself another account on MFC. How can i do this without informing the studio about my plans?

Be careful though !!!! I know a lot of Eastern European girls including some top rated ones that work from home for themselves on a new account and STILL have to pay their former studio like 50% of what they make... They did not read the small print in the studio contract that says that when you quit yourself you are not allowed to work on cam after that or you have to pay them a certain amount for 1-3 years ...That is common in studio contracts...So before you start make sure your read the fine print on the old contract....It would be a shame that you start and then the studio boss asshole comes and shows you the contract...you will not have a legal leg to stand on...

I hope your contract is not like this ...but please check..

Welcome here...and when I can help ( I have a lawyer on retainer who can check your former contract ( as long as it is in English...lol for free) let me know...

I didn't know that about studios, that's so unfair! :( I understand them taking a cut whilst there at the studio, but when they decide they want to cam without their help? Grr meanies!

It's a totally legit clause and is actually in a lot of work contracts. It's so you can't build up a name for yourself using them, then quit and do it on your own.

Keithy said:
It's a totally legit clause and is actually in a lot of work contracts. It's so you can't build up a name for yourself using them, then quit and do it on your own.

still kinda messed up really because they can make the money off anyone really and they arent doing anything but paying internet bills

naku_vamp said:
Keithy said:

still kinda messed up really because they can make the money off anyone really and they arent doing anything but paying internet bills

Not true. 1.Some girls don't own a PC at home so can't go it alone. 2. even if they do have a laptop/PC they may not have access to a quality internet connection. 3. Even when a model is "only" getting $.025 per token, depending on where in the world she lives, that could STILL be A shit ton on money!

Don't get me wrong, I DO think studios rip off the models bad.... but if it weren't for the studios in some places, the models wouldn't be able to make a living AT ALL!

I understand studios charging a fee and stuff for what they do for models, but still think it's unfair them charging for years after the model quits.

I'm probably totoally wrong(as usual) but the way I look at studios is that if it wasn't for them, a lot of girls in poorer countries would be pushed into worse things, like prostitution to get money, so at least if there in a studio camming, there safe from danger.

I think I might be missing the point/rambling about the wrong thing again, sorry! *goes back to lurking*

I agree!

They're employing these people. Yes they're making money out of others loose morals, but they're still providing work for them.

I've often wondered if it'd be lucritive to set something like that up here in the UK. I'm sure there are loads of girls out there willing to do this work (happily) but just have no privacy or the room for it.

LilyPink said:
I agree!

They're employing these people. Yes they're making money out of others loose morals, but they're still providing work for them.

I've often wondered if it'd be lucritive to set something like that up here in the UK. I'm sure there are loads of girls out there willing to do this work (happily) but just have no privacy or the room for it.

It is only lucrative to set up a studio in a country like the Ukraine, Romania, Russia or like in my country Thailand or the Philippines. Setting up a studio in the UK or US is much harder as the regular wages are much higher.. The average wage in Romania is around $550 in Thailand $ 200 per month... So even when a girl gets only 25% of tokens making 3000 tokens a day that still makes $2250 a month ..... a huge wage in those countries. Compare that to setting up a studio in the US or the UK , you can as a studio not keep 25% as there will be no girl interested in working for you ...one of the reasons why you hardly see studios in the US and Western Europe...

Lily , come to Thailand and set up a studio here : big business ( we have a lot of bargirls doing 'the real thing ' for way less....)... except for the fucking connections

Considering legality , yes the studios are in their legal right to do that, but don't forget ...most studios in those countries are Mafia owned so legal worries would be the least of her problems.....

Just be careful and don't step on the wrong toes....

Status
Not open for further replies.