AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Rachel Stuart - PhD finished

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2016

Rachel Stuart - PhD research. Its finished​

Hello everyone.

In 2016 I interviewed 35 women about their experiences of camming. 6 years later I have finished my thesis - sorry it took so long but my family went through some massive crises in the past 6 years. I have my VIVA on the 16th July. If any of the performers who took part would like to read my work I am happy to share it with them.

To give you an idea of what I found. The webcam hosting sites are an almost perfect form of capitalism. They pay no wages and the market is the training ground. I found that the workspace of the hosting sites was place of contestation between the performers and the sites and that performers adapt with ingenuity and the support of the camming community. I situate the stream - which the performers produce but which is owned by the hosting sites as a site of conflict and the source of much of the stigma that performers experience because the hosting sites feed it to thousands of affiliates across the internet. I will release my PhD for public viewing after the 16th July but any participants who want to view it can do before then.

Feel free to contact me on rs543@kent.ac.uk @rs643_rachel

Thank you so much everyone. I hope I did us proud. ·

Doctor , Doctor , give me the News , I got a bad case of loving you

Reactions: rachel
Status
Not open for further replies.