AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Random Things You Loathe Right Now

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Insecure attention whores that go out of their way to find things to be offended by. Always taking everything as a personal slight against them.

People that vape in bars. Go outside you goofballs.

How the Chrome on my phone will just randomly forget a password it's remembered for years. I have you remember my password so I don't have to! I have no idea what it is, you silly machine!

Yet, the same Chrome account on my computer remembers everything just fine.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
How the Chrome on my phone will just randomly forget a password it's remembered for years. I have you remember my password so I don't have to! I have no idea what it is, you silly machine!

Speaking of passwords, when YouTube did that merging shit with Google, and was asking me for log-in information that I couldn't remember, I was pissed because I could no longer get to those videos I had uploaded to my YouTube account (I uploaded vids to a private setting so that they weren't public, and only family/friends I shared them with could access them). I had an adorable video on there of my son standing on an Ottoman, singing "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson. Lol. I'm bummed that I'll never be able to watch the video again.

If you aren't using a password safe, I'd recommend to start using one.

https://pwsafe.org/

Reactions: Gen
I am going to miss my best friend, she leaves tomorrow AM She surprised me by coming home for my birthday. I'm going to miss her, hopefully its not another year until we see each other.

That's another thing to remember. Kinda the opposite of what I need. I've got that Einstein memory going on.

I have well over 200 unique credentials to log in, as I don't use the same password on anything. Far too many to remember since they're all randomly generated.

If you aren't using a password safe, I'd recommend to start using one.

https://pwsafe.org/

That's another thing to remember. Kinda the opposite of what I need. I've got that Einstein memory going on.

First off, I'll also put in a recommendation for using a password safe. My choice is KeePass. At the core it operates the same as PasswordSafe there. But it has a lot more features, other phone software that can utilize it, and it has a boat load of plugins to make it very versatile.

http://keepass.info/index.html

As for the Einstein comment. That's the whole point of using one. You only have to remember ONE single password from now on. You create a master database in that software with a good password. Memorize it, maybe write it down in a secure place if you should forget.

Then inside that database you make an entry for every website login you want to keep track of. You can set up those entries with your own password, or MUCH better, tell it to randomly generate a secure one. I tell all mine to use upward of 70 digits utilizing the entire extended ascii character set. The thing is, once you save it, you never have to see that password again. So there's no memorizing. In fact most of mine I didn't even look at when it was created. Don't care, don't have to.

When you want to go to a website you have to sign in on, you start up the KeePass (or whatever you choose to use) and enter in that ONE password to get into it. Then on KeePass it has a button to copy the username into clipboard so you can paste it into the web page. And another button to do the same for the password. It will also securely wipe the clipboard contents after so many seconds. So it's not a security risk there. That's it. One password, copy paste twice.

You can set up categories to organize it nicely, then each entry under those. All the same single database with the only password you have to know. You can also search the whole thing if you forget what category you put something in.

main_big.png

Like @ForceTen I have 278 passwords stored. Don't know a single one of them. And I change the critical ones every few months. Very easy to do in this system.

There's also phone software, so you can create this main database on your computer, then store it on your cloud service, and that software can read it in from the cloud. So it alone can be used everywhere you go. Also it can save backups to multiple locations. So, two different hard drives, a usb stick, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Onedrive... I have mine set to back up to several every time I save the main database with changes. That way if my computer ever fries, I lose nothing.

Don't think of it as 'another thing to remember.' Think of it has hundreds LESS you have to remember. But more importantly, you up your level of security at the same time.

This is an example of password strength I routinely use (if the stupid webpage will allow this long, grrrrr)

JöÆ?3g×n¥<(Z1c/ßR:>9c{pcµ^·ù,¬8\ìó}A¬û1V¬-âCÓK6b\ç7$òÖÚ´ÇØר¶tà~g

None of that pets name or mothers birth date garbage. Randomly generated gobbledy-gook of love right there!

I started using LastPass after someone mentioned it on here, and it took me a few days to get used to it, but now I love it. It's also a nice place to store all those random websites you visit like once a year, and then go to sign up for an account and realize you already have one from 2014, haha. Strongly agree that password keepers are awesome!

First off, I'll also put in a recommendation for using a password safe. My choice is KeePass. At the core it operates the same as PasswordSafe there. But it has a lot more features, other phone software that can utilize it, and it has a boat load of plugins to make it very versatile.

http://keepass.info/index.html

As for the Einstein comment. That's the whole point of using one. You only have to remember ONE single password from now on. You create a master database in that software with a good password. Memorize it, maybe write it down in a secure place if you should forget.

Then inside that database you make an entry for every website login you want to keep track of. You can set up those entries with your own password, or MUCH better, tell it to randomly generate a secure one. I tell all mine to use upward of 70 digits utilizing the entire extended ascii character set. The thing is, once you save it, you never have to see that password again. So there's no memorizing. In fact most of mine I didn't even look at when it was created. Don't care, don't have to.

When you want to go to a website you have to sign in on, you start up the KeePass (or whatever you choose to use) and enter in that ONE password to get into it. Then on KeePass it has a button to copy the username into clipboard so you can paste it into the web page. And another button to do the same for the password. It will also securely wipe the clipboard contents after so many seconds. So it's not a security risk there. That's it. One password, copy paste twice.

You can set up categories to organize it nicely, then each entry under those. All the same single database with the only password you have to know. You can also search the whole thing if you forget what category you put something in.

main_big.png

Like @ForceTen I have 278 passwords stored. Don't know a single one of them. And I change the critical ones every few months. Very easy to do in this system.

There's also phone software, so you can create this main database on your computer, then store it on your cloud service, and that software can read it in from the cloud. So it alone can be used everywhere you go. Also it can save backups to multiple locations. So, two different hard drives, a usb stick, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Onedrive... I have mine set to back up to several every time I save the main database with changes. That way if my computer ever fries, I lose nothing.

Don't think of it as 'another thing to remember.' Think of it has hundreds LESS you have to remember. But more importantly, you up your level of security at the same time.

This is an example of password strength I routinely use (if the stupid webpage will allow this long, grrrrr)

JöÆ?3g×n¥<(Z1c/ßR:>9c{pcµ^·ù,¬8\ìó}A¬û1V¬-âCÓK6b\ç7$òÖÚ´ÇØר¶tà~g

None of that pets name or mothers birth date garbage. Randomly generated gobbledy-gook of love right there!

I don't want to mess with that. I just want my browser to remember the password that I told it to remember.

I don't want to mess with that. I just want my browser to remember the password that I told it to remember.
Works untl your computer crashes, cache is wiped, or someone does something malicious. Then, they can read the memory dump of an infected computer. Password safes are very safe, and easy to use. Passwords are stored in memory for only a few seconds, or until you close the passwd safe program or it timesout.

Like Jerry mentioned, the one I use also is supported on Google drive, MS cloud drive, drop box, etc that you can sync. I use passwdsafe on my phone, tablet and computer without issues.

I have also used KeePass, personally and professionally. But, I prefer PasswdSafe as it has more of what I like and functionality is closer to how I work.

Works untl your computer crashes

Did you read my initial post? I have a Chrome account, and have the same account logged in on my computer, phone, and tablet. That Chrome account has all of my passwords remembered. But my phone will randomly just not have them remembered.

I was white lady whining about a minor inconvenience. I wasn't asking for advice, nor is it bothersome enough to entirely change my approach to using the internet. I'm too damn lazy to log into a different site before I log into the site I'm going to.

Rent increase. It feels like I did something wrong because this is the second year of it increasing.
If you're at an apartment building, I'd expect one pretty much yearly/every time your lease runs out.

• Helpful!
Reactions: n_i_c_u
If you're at an apartment building, I'd expect one pretty much yearly/every time your lease runs out.

Yeah, for some reason I had a landlord previous to this one that didn't raise my rent for 13 years but this one waited three years before rent increases started. I thought last year was gonna be it for a while but it doubled this year from last and I am in a bit of shock. I loathe them, but, I guess this is the way it's gonna be. Thanks for the heads-up.

Yeah, for some reason I had a landlord previous to this one that didn't raise my rent for 13 years but this one waited three years before rent increases started. I thought last year was gonna be it for a while but it doubled this year from last and I am in a bit of shock. I loathe them, but, I guess this is the way it's gonna be. Thanks for the heads-up.
Sure thing. You could look into a longer lease the next time yours needs renewal if you're planning to stay there a while. That will lock you in at current rate for longer, but you never know how much it'll go up after that. There's a law restricting how much % they can increase per year, though.

Phone calls for appointments. I just wish everything was arranged online. I have been trying to make an appointment at the doctors for 2 days now. First time I was on hold for awhile..finally reached someone who then hung up on me. Called today and actually spoke to someone..she said the nurse would call me back to arrange the appointment...someone DID call from the office a few hours later but hung up after the phone barely rang once. WTF just make me an appointment -_-

Mine has gone up every year prior to this one. Unfortunately, costs rise, and building owners have to cover expenses. Especially in older buildings, as maintenance really starts to get more frequent and expensive. Unless you live in a slum building where the owner doesn't give a shit.

The only other alternative to rent increase is to purchase. But, then you have many more expenses than you would if you rent, as well as doing things yourself or paying someone to do it.

Long flights with people that aren't too big on personal hygiene. Stinky bastards.

Rent increase. It feels like I did something wrong because this is the second year of it increasing.

It would be nice if they'd reward long-term tenants by lowering the rent. Wishful thinking, I know.

It would be nice if they'd reward long-term tenants by lowering the rent. Wishful thinking, I know.

16 years is a crazy long time not to have a rent increase inflation was 40%, over that period of time. I own a few rentals and pretty much every year, my taxes, insurance, and sewer prices rises. So I increase rents $25/month every year precisely to avoid the situation of doubling someone's rent. Still doubling seems excessive so you have my sympathy.

Generally speaking most landlords do a value a long term tenant and while we won't lower the rent, we will not raise rents or raise them less than if somebody vacated the unit. By the way, it is perfectly ok if you are a long-term tenant and you get a rent increase to bitch. The property manager will almost certainly say "sorry this is out of my hands" but the information will get back to the landlord and while it won't affect the rent this year, it will probably mean a lower or no rent increase next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.