AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Reasonable shot price?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShayChase

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 31, 2016
Twitter Username
@AveryRaie
Chaturbate Username
Averyraie
I just had my first show and it went OK ish. I had a tip for shots thing going on to help with my nerves and omg it went better than I thought it would.... I essentially made $86 in shots. I had them priced at 50 tokens for a normal shot and 200 for a shot of 151. I thought that was a reasonable price but I really can't keep drinking THAT much. Like holy hell I feel like I got hit by a bus. Advice for future shot days? This was on mfc btw.

Reactions: FluffyGalore
I just had my first show and it went OK ish. I had a tip for shots thing going on to help with my nerves and omg it went better than I thought it would.... I essentially made $86 in shots. I had them priced at 50 tokens for a normal shot and 200 for a shot of 151. I thought that was a reasonable price but I really can't keep drinking THAT much. Like holy hell I feel like I got hit by a bus. Advice for future shot days? This was on mfc btw.
A good way is to increase shot prices by the number of shots you have done. Then always list what shot number you are on.

Shot 1-111
Shot 2-222
Shot 3-333

50 tokens seems like it would hardly cover the alcohol you are drinking.

Sometimes during show if I haven't had a shot in a while I will do something like....

"First to tip 299 for a shot gets all my vids!"

Or "First to tip 100 for a shot gets a pic set!"

You can offer kik, snap, vids, pics, etc to make that higher shot price worth it for someone:)

Consider investing in a higher quality spirit too! you can always skew how big the shot actually is AND you'll feel less shitty the next day. Seriously though, I'm not sure what you are drinking but I bet both my sexy tits it's a bad cut and full of adjuncts. You could even try something fun with getting recommends from your viewers.

I'd also check out and local distillers you have, they usually will use better quality ingredients and tend to not be too crazy priced (at least in my experience).

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
Personally, I think encouraging members to buy shots is a dangerous idea. Just the other night I saw a model with shots for a price in her topic, get drunker than she wanted, so she increased the price thinking that would slow things down...but many members are more sadistic than interested in beautiful models, so someone paid the price and she ended up edging near alcohol poisoning.

Personally, I think encouraging members to buy shots is a dangerous idea. Just the other night I saw a model with shots for a price in her topic, get drunker than she wanted, so she increased the price thinking that would slow things down...but many members are more sadistic than interested in beautiful models, so someone paid the price and she ended up edging near alcohol poisoning.

While I agree with this I also think that it's probably person to person. Instead of increasing the price she could have just removed it as an option all together. If you are the type of person who doesn't know when they should stop then YES it is a dangerous option. Also, good to keep in mind you are more likely to do things you might not normally do when you are drunk. This can end up being really bad.

I'm doing the math and I can't imagine how you could have possibly taken $86 worth of shots. At $2.50 for normal and $10 for 151? That would have been at least 8 shots of 151 and at most 34 shots of 'normal'. That's insane. Be careful please!!! Genuinely worried for you =\

Word of advice from a camgirl that used to drink heavily on cam and recently cut way back: it may seem like you're making more money drinking, and maybe you are, but having to take time off to recover from a hangover makes it quickly not worth it. I've wasted a lot of time lying in bed wishing I could cam; the awesome night before looking less a good investment as it did at the time.

Thanks for the concern you guys. I didn't do anything I regret our wouldn't do otherwise, so thank god for that. I rarely drink anymore, even outside of camming. I just did shots to help me loosen up some on cam. As for drinking too much, I probably did but my tolerance is still *quite* high from when I used to drink a ton. Spacing the shots out over 4 hours or so helped a lot too. I asked this for future reference on some weekends or special events. This definitely will not become a daily thing! Also any recommendations on better vodka or rum are appreciated haha

Pucker is really weak-I can drink a ton of it and not feel drunk lol. I agree with the increasing shot prices and make them really expensive after a while or just take them off your topic altogether-some members don't care about a model's well-being and will tip to see her get as drunk as possible.

I personally charge 400 for a shot of something around 36% and 250 for like apple sourz around 16% im not an extremley popular model but ive made a fair amount of money from it. I normally ask the tipper to take a shot with me on there cam just so atleast im not the only one drinking lol

Reactions: Guinevere_
I
I personally charge 400 for a shot of something around 36% and 250 for like apple sourz around 16% im not an extremley popular model but ive made a fair amount of money from it. I normally ask the tipper to take a shot with me on there cam just so atleast im not the only one drinking lol
I have also done the shot 1 at a set price
Shot 2 higher price
That works quite well!

I've had some success taking wine sips instead of shots. Call it "tips for sips" starting at 50 tokens and slowly raising if I start getting drunk. That way you don't get drunk as fast as you would from straight shots, and guys still get the pleasure of helping you loosen up a little by drinking. Just make sure not to take a drink out of habit unless you get tipped first, otherwise guys have no incentive to tip for it if you're just drinking anyway.

Reactions: GoldieFox_

How terrible for her. I mean she is an adult and a certain amount of responsibility has to be attached to her choosing to up the price as well and not just stopping and saying "I'm done." That is really dangerous though, people we are talking about here too, shows are great but I wish the members would show a little restraint with things such as this. I know I am probably talking to the peanut gallery on this one though. Sigh. Good post though Nordling!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nordling
I've had some success taking wine sips instead of shots. Call it "tips for sips" starting at 50 tokens and slowly raising if I start getting drunk. That way you don't get drunk as fast as you would from straight shots, and guys still get the pleasure of helping you loosen up a little by drinking. Just make sure not to take a drink out of habit unless you get tipped first, otherwise guys have no incentive to tip for it if you're just drinking anyway.

I love this idea! I want to be able to drink a little to loosen up (and stop my reflexive nervous chatter!) but I'm also a light weight. I can't offer shots or else I'd be totally toasted after 2-3. Sipping a cocktail or a glass of wine is definitely more my pace.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Price shots or sips according to the rate you'd like to drink them or know you're able to handle. If I was going to be on cam for, say, 3 hours, and I wanted to have a light buzz within the first half of the shift, I'd price the first one or two at an easily attainable amount. For me that might be 200-400. Once I had those shots, it would likely double in price until I'd had another one, then triple the price and so on.

But there is NO shame in completely taking it out of the topic when you've reached your limit, and you SHOULD set a limit for yourself and let your room know about it. If anyone pushes you to continue, even if they tip before asking, you are within your rights completely to decline the shot and if you feel so inclined to be nice, offer them something else for their tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.