AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Reasonable Skype Prices????

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KellyShea

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jul 2, 2012
What do you usually charge for skype shows? I have had the worst luck with them. Let me know ladiesssss

Most cheap members want Skype shows only for paypal/payoneer so that they will be cheaper (500 tokens for a Skype will cost them $50 and you get $25, but if they can cut out MFC they only have to pay $25 for you to get $25.)

Many members also expect dirt cheap prices. I have a page listing Skype show prices under the cost of an MFC private and I point out all the benefits Skype has over MFC privates, and members still tell me "wow so expensive..." every time. Then they usually come back with, "200 tokens for 15 minutes?"

Generally, I do not sell Skype shows, even at a discounted price.

Members who browse through your room, like your boobs, and want extremely discounted shows will not pay for any Skype show of a reasonable price. The members who hang around in your room and actually like you, and are willing to spend money to get your personal attention, are the ones who will pay decently. Last night I had a new regular send me a $100 gift card to do a Skype show, which was more than $20 over what we agreed on (the show is going to be pretty long).

I end up doing Skype shows most often when one member pays for a public countdown. If one person tips 2000 tokens to see me masturbate, I sure as hell am not going to make it a public show. I log off and give them a private Skype. On the same vein, if one or two people contribute to a countdown that isn't going to finish, I offer them Skype time to make up for it.

Excepting the gift card last night, I literally cannot remember the last time someone tipped me tokens for a Skype show.

[As far as actual Skype prices... here is the page I send to everyone who asks about skype. So nice to keep it on my clipboard and just ctrl+v to every "u do skype?" message I get.

I would honestly say, keep your skype prices at an MFC private or MFC true private price. If you want to specifically do discount shows, round numbers that you can market are good. Like, "my skype shows are 25% off an MFC private", or 50% off, et cetera. However, when you get to a certain point, it just isn't worth it imo.]

thank you darling! Would you think that accepting gift cards for skype shows is the best thing to do? The skype length dependent on the amount of the gift card?

KellyShea said:
thank you darling! Would you think that accepting gift cards for skype shows is the best thing to do? The skype length dependent on the amount of the gift card?
It isn't necessary to sell Skype shows. Skype is just a tool we use, like everything else. If you really want to add that to your repertoire, though, gift cards would not be a bad idea. A lot of members get the idea that because Skype is outside of MFC, they shouldn't have to pay double for tokens to get that Skype show.

Because selling Skype time isn't important to my income, I generally allow it to be reserved for special occasions, rewards, or incentives. So for me, right now, I know Skype will bring in zero real dollars, but I can use it to get things off my wishlist, reward members or entice people to tip towards my Sybian fundraiser.

That reminds me... a lot of guys want me to log off right then and do a skype show no matter what's going on. It is a good idea to make sure they realize that if you can't provide the show right then, they need to wait.

are skype shows super sketch?? I feel like they are

If you don't handle your business and make smart choices, anything is sketchy. Because Skype shows are not protected by MFC, members see them as a great opportunity to scam models and there are a lot of ways to do it. But if you research what goes on and watch yourself, most of the risks can be eliminated.

idk what to do...i should earn an award for the drunkest/worst cam girl eva. xoxoxoxox love yallllll

I mostly only Skype with a handful of people. I used to do 1500 tokens/hour and now I do 2000 tokens/hour. If they want less than an hour, I usually base my pricing on what they have in mind and how much of a pain in the ass they seem to be that day. If they're asking for 10 minutes, I point them toward private. In the event that my room is talkative and tipping, I turn down all Skype offers because if I can makes 1500+ tokens in an hour sitting around naked and yapping with fun people that's preferable.

Things to keep in mind
A. The dudes that ask for Skype are pretty often the obnoxious dweebs who are looking to spend as little as possible and will be as pushy as you allow them to be.
B. Taking giftcards for Skype when you've already been logged into MFC without making tokens will not be good for your camscore. (I personally don't accept anything but tokens. This weeds out some of the cheapskates.)
C. Skype for more tokens than you'd make in an average hour on MFC will help your camscore as you're getting the tokens and spending less time logged in.
D. Paypal is the devil. If you let dudes pay you with Paypal they can get your personal info or weasel refunds after you've given them a show. In the event that neither of those things happen, it's still possible for Paypal to just freeze your account.

thank you sweet peassssss. I will try to figure something out! Skypes are like the most complicated thing ive ever dealt with. I accidentally used my pvt skype acct with my first & last name on it.I had my facebook linked to it somehow and it has been a complete DISASTER//

you girls must have good camscores.
I see anyone under 1000 CS asks between 100 and 250 tokens for 10/15min.

maybe 100 tokens per 10 min would be good. My cam score is low for what I do in my room for sure

Totally agree with the girls above, I've not met a guy who's wanted skype who isn't trying to get lower prices.

A while ago I tried paypal with one person, after realising he got my real name I've never used it again, the guy started asking to do another skype, as he already had my real name I said if he wanted to pay with paypal he'd have to pay the same amount as he'd pay on mfc for a true private, and that I wouldn't take anything less. This was £150 for a half hour show. He started being a total douche saying I'm the most expensive girl on mfc! hardly, as, like I'd told him, that is the same price as a true private on mfc!

Men do seem to have this weird idea that Skype shows should be so much cheaper, I wonder if it comes with that same idea that cam girls aren't supposed to be on here for the income but actually out of the kindness of our own hearts! Meaning, as we so want to go into a show, we'll definitely do it for cheaper than 'evil mfc' charges! hmmm perhaps.... Now I just do skypes as rewards for good behaviour! or possibly for amazon gift vouchers if I need something!

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Isabella_deL

Maybe I'm gonna catch shit for this (don't hurt me, bbs :?) but if doing a Skype show means that the camgirl doesn't have to give up 50% of the money they earn from that show to MFC, shouldn't it be cheaper for the member too? Otherwise, the implication is that you're only making 50% of what you deem to be a fair price for a private show if it's done through MFC instead of Skype.

if i'm correct 90% of Skype payments is done by tokens so this doesn't really matter.
there are not many other options to pay.

- paypal :evil:
- bank account. did this once but not many girls like this for personal privacy
- payoneer, i don't think many guys have this.

Wendsor said:
- payoneer, i don't think many guys have this.

The guy does not need to have payoneer in order for him to pay a girl this way, just a credit card. The problem with payoneer is that it takes 2 days for the payment to clear.
It wouldn't be wise for a girl to do a show prior to the payment being processed because she could easily get ripped off and no guy really wants to buy a show and then wait 2 days for it. Unless it's a regular I find payoneer really inconvenient for both parties.

mynameisbob84 said:
Maybe I'm gonna catch shit for this (don't hurt me, bbs :?) but if doing a Skype show means that the camgirl doesn't have to give up 50% of the money they earn from that show to MFC, shouldn't it be cheaper for the member too? Otherwise, the implication is that you're only making 50% of what you deem to be a fair price for a private show if it's done through MFC instead of Skype.

I can understand it from both sides: Models charging less for Skype, and models charging more for Skype. Whatever the model is happy with charging is up to her. At the moment, I charge 60 tokens per minute for Skype, and it's a 10-minute minimum.

Many guys who tip for a Skype show want the model to log off cam NOW to do it. This means she needs to give him her Skype info, and then wrap up her MFC public chat session to do a show elsewhere.

A one-on-one Skype show is basically the same as a MyFreeCams true private show, though some will agree that Skype is less likely to unexpectedly disconnect the member/model from the session.

Reactions: KellyShea
mynameisbob84 said:
It goes both ways.

If I say, "500 tokens or $25," it will likely encourage members to pay me off-site without tokens. I might sell more Skypes, but I will also be losing five hundred tokens that could have helped my camscore out. If I continue to mostly sell things for third-party cash instead of tokens, my camscore might drop, bringing less members to my room and losing out on new customers. As much as we like to circumvent MFC and prevent them from taking a cut, I think sometimes we also forget that without high camscores (which means earning tokens) we would have no customers to pay us off site anyway.

Now, if I say "500 tokens or $50", some members who like me might say "fuckit, it's going to cost me $50 either way so I might as well send her the cash". In that case, I lose out on the camscore tokens but I made twice as much money. I might sell less Skypes, but every deal I make will be a win for me and the thought process will be, "Camscore boost or twice as much money," not, "camscore boost or half as much money."

Isabella_deL said:
Totally agree with the girls above, I've not met a guy who's wanted skype who isn't trying to get lower prices.

A while ago I tried paypal with one person, after realising he got my real name I've never used it again, the guy started asking to do another skype, as he already had my real name I said if he wanted to pay with paypal he'd have to pay the same amount as he'd pay on mfc for a true private, and that I wouldn't take anything less. This was £150 for a half hour show. He started being a total douche saying I'm the most expensive girl on mfc! hardly, as, like I'd told him, that is the same price as a true private on mfc!

Men do seem to have this weird idea that Skype shows should be so much cheaper, I wonder if it comes with that same idea that cam girls aren't supposed to be on here for the income but actually out of the kindness of our own hearts! Meaning, as we so want to go into a show, we'll definitely do it for cheaper than 'evil mfc' charges! hmmm perhaps.... Now I just do skypes as rewards for good behaviour! or possibly for amazon gift vouchers if I need something!

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Isabella_deL

WORD! :thumbleft:

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
so do yall think like 60-70 a minute is good, or is that too much?

the only real reason for guys to "Skype" is because pvt is to expensive so I don't see why 60/70 is a good rate.

Wendsor said:
the only real reason for guys to "Skype" is because pvt is to expensive so I don't see why 60/70 is a good rate.

It is just the two of them, like a true private and those cost 80 a minute. If the model and member both have good internet connections, the quality is better as well. I personally enjoy being able to talk and figuratively look the model in the eyes during conversation.

KellyShea said:
maybe 100 tokens per 10 min would be good. My cam score is low for what I do in my room for sure
So you want to make 50cents per min? That seems way too low for the risk that you could be stalked, you might not be able to get a job after your camming career is over, and your family and kids/future kids might find your pics/vids from the Skype that you made $5 on.

Wendsor said:
If the argument is that a member is too broke to buy something, then nothing is a good rate. Members who want a 10 or 15 minute show for 200 tokens can easily find one on page four or five. However, many models don't want to undersell themselves.

Many models do not feel the need to provide discounts just because members cannot pay. Much as my chiropractor does not give me a discount because I can't afford top-rate services, I feel no desire to give members discounts because they can't afford my tits.

Evvie said:
Wendsor said:

Many models do not feel the need to provide discounts just because members cannot pay. Much as my chiropractor does not give me a discount because I can't afford top-rate services, I feel no desire to give members discounts because they can't afford my tits.
:clap:

I pay for skype sessions by offering a luxury suite to the cam model to come visit!

And because I'm such a nice guy, I also offer free oral sex services.

But please ladies, try not to flood my inbox with requests to visit, there is only so much of me to go around.

I used to do a lot of Skype shows and honestly even though they can be more intimate there are major cons. I now only take tokens and I do them rarely. I also make sure I get tipped offline too. However, there is no timer or cut off on Skype and I am a chatty girl so I end up always going for longer. Guys also tend to milk it too and try to keep u longer. So if I am on cam then I offer very similar prices to mfc prvts but if I am off I do discounts. 100 tkns per 10 mins is disgusting. Regardless of your cam score. Girls need to know they are worth more than that. I charged a lot even with a below 1000 camscore because it is the same risk. Being a cam model is your choice but it forever changes you and you are letting in strangers so no cam model should think they are worth $5 for 10 mins. You have to believe you are worth the tokens and the guys will too. Being a low camscore model sucks because you have to sometime offer more for less because where you stand but by settling for only 100 tkn Skype show is just ridiculous.

cuteUSgirl said:
I used to do a lot of Skype shows and honestly even though they can be more intimate there are major cons. I now only take tokens and I do them rarely. I also make sure I get tipped offline too. However, there is no timer or cut off on Skype and I am a chatty girl so I end up always going for longer. Guys also tend to milk it too and try to keep u longer. So if I am on cam then I offer very similar prices to mfc prvts but if I am off I do discounts. 100 tkns per 10 mins is disgusting. Regardless of your cam score. Girls need to know they are worth more than that. I charged a lot even with a below 1000 camscore because it is the same risk. Being a cam model is your choice but it forever changes you and you are letting in strangers so no cam model should think they are worth $5 for 10 mins. You have to believe you are worth the tokens and the guys will too. Being a low camscore model sucks because you have to sometime offer more for less because where you stand but by settling for only 100 tkn Skype show is just ridiculous.
When I turn on the camera and start, I generally "start" the timer when I get down to business, but if the Skype show is supposed to be for a really long time (like an hour) then the clock starts when the video feed starts.

When the time is up, I turn off the cam but keep chatting. Once, when I was in a Skype show, the member continued typing out his fantasies to me ten minutes after our time was up (I was playing Minecraft by then) because he thought I just had a 'camera glitch'. In reality I think if you paid for a 15 minute show from a lady, and her camera was turned off for half of it, you would speak up. So I think members definitely push Skype as a way to get extra time.

Reactions: cuteUSgirl
Status
Not open for further replies.