AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Reasonable Skype Prices????

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
n Skype, I can fully relax, && take my time, && I'm actually comfortable.

This x 1000. The few times I have done a pvt, I spend most of the time staring at my quickly diminishing token count, which is NOT a good way to get in the mood for fun.

ComicOzzie said:
I

This x 1000. The few times I have done a pvt, I spend most of the time staring at my quickly diminishing token count, which is NOT a good way to get in the mood for fun.

OMG OMG OMG I KNOW!!! I always worry if I'm doing it fast enough, HAHAHAHA. I always try NOT to worry about that, but it always happens anyways!! && then the more I try not to think about it, the more I think about it, which makes me more nervous, then the more nervous I am, or stressed, or worried about the tokens ticking, the more I LITERALLY CANNOT CUM, && the harder I try to relax... && it goes on. I swear, my body hates me. LOLOLOL.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
SNATCH said:
ComicOzzie said:
I

OMG OMG OMG I KNOW!!! I always worry if I'm doing it fast enough, HAHAHAHA. I always try NOT to worry about that, but it always happens anyways!! && then the more I try not to think about it, the more I think about it, which makes me more nervous, then the more nervous I am, or stressed, or worried about the tokens ticking, the more I LITERALLY CANNOT CUM, && the harder I try to relax... && it goes on. I swear, my body hates me. LOLOLOL.

Lol, get out of my head! See you on Skype, bb! :lol:

Reactions: SNATCH
lowest I have seen now is 50 tokens voor 10 min :naughty:
on the other hand a group show is 100 tokens for 10min and there are enough with only 1 guy in the 'group'.

i haven't been cammed on MFC in a while because i tanked my camscore, so i'm planning on doing discount Skype shows for tokens, starting at 20tkns/min, with a minimum of 10 minutes (i think my math is correct, that ends with me making 200tkns translating into $1/min?) since i need the money as well, and have been building an audience outside of camming, i'll be doing them for Payoneer as well. i'm starting at $1/min, with a minimum of $20 since that's the lowest able to be payed to Payoneer. i haven't heard of any models getting ripped off through Payoneer; i assume it may be because the card is issued through employment. either way, i gather it's much safer than PayPal. i'm going to make sure the Skypes are partially scheduled, so i don't interrupt my shows (if they're going anywhere), and i'll be making sure the prices go up with the sale is over haha.

Reactions: LadyLuna
KatieBoots said:
i haven't been cammed on MFC in a while because i tanked my camscore, so i'm planning on doing discount Skype shows for tokens, starting at 20tkns/min, with a minimum of 10 minutes (i think my math is correct, that ends with me making 200tkns translating into $1/min?) since i need the money as well, and have been building an audience outside of camming, i'll be doing them for Payoneer as well. i'm starting at $1/min, with a minimum of $20 since that's the lowest able to be payed to Payoneer. i haven't heard of any models getting ripped off through Payoneer; i assume it may be because the card is issued through employment. either way, i gather it's much safer than PayPal. i'm going to make sure the Skypes are partially scheduled, so i don't interrupt my shows (if they're going anywhere), and i'll be making sure the prices go up with the sale is over haha.

Not to be negative or anything, but if you accept Payoneer payments (which are safe, yes) you will NOT raise your camscore any higher. In fact, logging on to accept Payoneer over tokens will decrease your score making MFC even harder for you. :twocents-02cents:

AllisonWilder said:
KatieBoots said:

Not to be negative or anything, but if you accept Payoneer payments (which are safe, yes) you will NOT raise your camscore any higher. In fact, logging on to accept Payoneer over tokens will decrease your score making MFC even harder for you. :twocents-02cents:

Yeah, I know it tempting to accept alternate payments so that you don't have to give a cut to MFC, but you really should accept tokens only for Skype shows, for the very good reasons stated above.

Yes, I realize I have a low camscore... but I also know what I am comfortable with. I don't do group or private shows... I think I did a couple of times when I first signed up. I was sick of guests, basics, and even some members trying to come up with all sorts of rates and payment methods for Skype. So now it is simple... I only accept tokens, I will only Skype with a friend, it's 80 toks/min, and I still might say no :snooty:

I'm not saying in the near future I wouldn't totally switch to only accepting groups and privates. It's just about what I am comfortable with. I like public shows because I am not stressed out about how quickly the show needs to go or if I'm doing everything just right.

I still have my training wheels on... well I was riding out of control before I found ACF... so thanks Amber for my most awesome set of training wheels EVAR! If I ever manage to get my training wheels off I will still be right here on ACF... my new home away from home!

Also about Skype being used as a discount session... I find that Skype offers a lot of perks to the member that a True Private doesn't. That it itself should sort of count as a discount. Plus I have to get off MCF to get off... :twocents-02cents:

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I don't understand why anyone would take paypal. Maybe it's because when ever i see someone asking about skype I assume they expect cut-price rates, and then also expect that once the show is over they send an email to paypal saying they unexpectedly received an adult show. Paypal have a very strict anti-adult entertainment policy, which is why they aren't used by adult sites. They will reverse charge the payment. Member gets a free show and model loses the payment.

Skype I understand, as variable as the quality can be, it's usually much better than a webcam on mfc, but not accepting paypal for payment.

I ended up using Skype with my regular model this month and had mixed impressions.

Pros:
-Paid with PayPal and cut out MFC's cut entirely. Since we usually go private for an hour, this was huge.
-Not being comfortable using my cam, I was happy to be able to use just my microphone to communicate. Freed up my hands. >.>

Cons
-After hearing about the better video quality with Skype, I was extremely disappointed to find it worse than MFC. Everything seemed more zoomed in and less clear than it does with her on MFC, and while I was excited about the option to go full screen, it ended up cropping way too much of her cam.
-I knew this going on, but oh did I dwell afterwards over the fact that I lost out on this show going into my MFC private archives! I revisit those often between our privates.

After getting half off with our Skype show, it'd be hard going back to paying full price on MFC, but I'm actually leaning towards it because of the better picture quality and archive. :think:

dustinxxxizzle said:
After getting half off with our Skype show, it'd be hard going back to paying full price on MFC, but I'm actually leaning towards it because of the better picture quality and archive. :think:
I love this last sentence! I can go on and on about why MFC deserves to take the cut they do when people complain about it but maybe I'll just link them to this post and save myself the sore throat.

dustinxxxizzle said:
I ended up using Skype with my regular model this month and had mixed impressions.

Pros:
-Paid with PayPal and cut out MFC's cut entirely. Since we usually go private for an hour, this was huge.
-Not being comfortable using my cam, I was happy to be able to use just my microphone to communicate. Freed up my hands. >.>

Cons
-After hearing about the better video quality with Skype, I was extremely disappointed to find it worse than MFC. Everything seemed more zoomed in and less clear than it does with her on MFC, and while I was excited about the option to go full screen, it ended up cropping way too much of her cam.
-I knew this going on, but oh did I dwell afterwards over the fact that I lost out on this show going into my MFC private archives! I revisit those often between our privates.

Image quality depends on both of your connections, the computers you are both using, and the load on the Skype severs I think. It seems to vary a lot even during one call.

Shaun__ said:
Image quality depends on both of your connections, the computers you are both using, and the load on the Skype severs I think. It seems to vary a lot even during one call.

We are supposed to use Skype instead of the phone for inter-office calls at work, but the quality even on audio varies so much it's not worth the effort. When it's good it's got great video quality, but when it's bad its un-usable.

Think of Skype a bit like torrent peer-to-peer filesharing. There are some servers acting like big phone books, keeping track of how to reach people and holding offline messages, but the clients connect to each other directly. This makes quality very variable and dependant on the quality of each persons Internet connection and how the ISPs talk to each other.

If they used central servers they could buffer audio and video and give a smoother experience. The operating costs providing that for 250 million users would be enormous and quite probably send Skype bankrupt very quickly. Especially when most of their users are making free skype to skype calls so aren't providing any revenue.

My skype shows can be ..pricey...

15min of just talk no sexy stuff- 400tk or $20 gift card
15min of all the frills[ tru private style] 900tk or $40 gift card

30 min of just talk no sexy stuff- 700tk/$35
30min all frills- 1700tk/$85

I find skype shows VERY inconvenient. So I price up.
I NEVER use paypal cos of all the horror stories about their dislike of adult dealings, so skype for me is for guys who either
1. For whatever reason want me for themselves for x
2. Want better quality than MFC [ I find skype is better quality..especially for cam2cam so I price as such]

bumped for the new models

Been asking a lot of models about Skype, just out of curiosity to the subject, and I've found a lot of models I have been asking are charging average 275 tokens per 10 minutes (53 models asked so far, all in the 600-1000 score range), but what intrigued me is that most of them will charge more per minute for a 30 minute session than a 10 minute session. For example - 300 tokens for 10 minutes, 1000 tokens for 30 minutes. From a person who has always been accustomed to "buy more, pay less", this really struck me as odd.

Do any of you ladies charge more money per minute for the longer a session lasts?

Weirdtimmy said:
Do any of you ladies charge more money per minute for the longer a session lasts?

No, I charge 75 tokens per minute for Skype (or win it as a raffle or contest prize) with a 10-minute minimum.

10 minutes = 750 tokens
20 minutes = 1,500 tokens
30 minutes = 2,250 tokens

Weirdtimmy said:
Been asking a lot of models about Skype, just out of curiosity to the subject, and I've found a lot of models I have been asking are charging average 275 tokens per 10 minutes (53 models asked so far, all in the 600-1000 score range), but what intrigued me is that most of them will charge more per minute for a 30 minute session than a 10 minute session. For example - 300 tokens for 10 minutes, 1000 tokens for 30 minutes. From a person who has always been accustomed to "buy more, pay less", this really struck me as odd.

This seems counter-productive, unless you are a model that normally has 100s of members in her room and doesn't want to them to all drift away while on Skype.

I charge 20 tokens/minute or $1/minute by Amazon gift-card. Either way I get $1/minute but it's better for them to pay by gift-card.
Only had one person take the tokens route so far.

ComicOzzie said:
Weirdtimmy said:

This seems counter-productive, unless you are a model that normally has 100s of members in her room and doesn't want to them to all drift away while on Skype.

My thoughts exactly, but these models whom I am speaking with generally have 10-20 people in their room, all of which aren't tipping. I couldn't make heads or tails of the concept. I asked one the other day how much it would cost for 2 hours of her time. She said 5000 tokens, but at the same time, she's charging 200 tokens for 10 minutes, which would be 2400 for two hours. I asked her why the double-up in price and she told me to either like it or fuck off. So I fucked off... :violin:

Weirdtimmy said:
She said 5000 tokens, but at the same time, she's charging 200 tokens for 10 minutes, which would be 2400 for two hours. I asked her why the double-up in price and she told me to either like it or fuck off. So I fucked off... :violin:

Geez, WTF is wrong with some of these cam models who don't know how to talk to people? :woops: The only time I tell a guy to "fuck off" is when he's truly being a dickhead...lol. Who wants to spend 5,000 tokens on a Skype show with a model who bites your head off for asking a perfectly normal question? And yeah, I'm also surprised that she'd do a super-cheap Skype show for 200 tokens (for 10 minutes), yet jack up the price to 5,000 tokens for 2 hours. That's, uh, different.....

The_Brown_Fox said:
Weirdtimmy said:
She said 5000 tokens, but at the same time, she's charging 200 tokens for 10 minutes, which would be 2400 for two hours. I asked her why the double-up in price and she told me to either like it or fuck off. So I fucked off... :violin:

Geez, WTF is wrong with some of these cam models who don't know how to talk to people? :woops: The only time I tell a guy to "fuck off" is when he's truly being a dickhead...lol. Who wants to spend 5,000 tokens on a Skype show with a model who bites your head off for asking a perfectly normal question? And yeah, I'm also surprised that she'd do a super-cheap Skype show for 200 tokens (for 10 minutes), yet jack up the price to 5,000 tokens for 2 hours. That's, uh, different.....

Well, if they're thinking they'll have to be masturbating the whole time, it's not. And, if they don't like doing anything but the masturbation part, anything over 10 minutes is going to seem like a chore. So I can kinda understand it.

I'm starting to gravitate towards "1000 tokens, it takes as long as it takes, within reason". Meaning, if I notice that too much time has passed, then it's over.

Weirdtimmy said:

I think models charge more over time because they really don't want to do an hour long show. Being "on" for that long can be exhausting, especially with members that want non-stop humiliation, fucking, or performance.

You want 30 minutes? Super! 40 tokens a minute. But once we start going towards a 45 minute show... well, if you want a long-ass show, you're going to pay up.

"More for less" works well when you've got a premade product and you just ship it off. It works less well when you've got to pound your ass for 90 minutes.

LadyLuna said:
Well, if they're thinking they'll have to be masturbating the whole time, it's not. And, if they don't like doing anything but the masturbation part, anything over 10 minutes is going to seem like a chore. So I can kinda understand it.

I still think the jack up in price is different, but whatever she wants to do is her business, I guess. Still, she didn't have to tell him to "like it or fuck off." Being nasty to a guy who asked a reasonable question (who's considering spending money on you) isn't cool when part of this job involves good communication and interaction with members.

There's no way I would do a 30-minute or more Skype show where I'm masturbating the whole time. I had a guy win a Skype show once, and it was kind of awkward because he wasn't talking as much as I thought he would, and he actually thought I was gonna spend the entire 30 minutes fucking myself over and over with a glass dildo. :woops: I really wanted part of the session to be chatting. Some chatting, some playing. So in the future, any time someone gets 30-minutes with me on Skype, I'm gonna make it clear that I will not be fucking myself for 30 minutes straight. If they just want a fuck show, they can get a 10 or 15 minute Skype session instead.

Yeah, I can see your point, but fact of the matter is I wanted little to no fucking of herself. I don't see how being on skype for two hours and being paid for it is more exhausting than sitting on MFC for 2 hours and getting..... Nothing. *shrugs* I'll never understand how women think. Lmfao.

Weirdtimmy said:
Yeah, I can see your point, but fact of the matter is I wanted little to no fucking of herself. I don't see how being on skype for two hours and being paid for it is more exhausting than sitting on MFC for 2 hours and getting..... Nothing. *shrugs* I'll never understand how women think. Lmfao.

Around Valentine's Day when MFC models do the 1 or 2-hour Skype dates, I think it's a cool idea, and I wonder what the Skype date involves? Having lunch or dinner together...chatting...toy play via Skype? Something like that is what I would be cool with doing for a 2-hour Skype. And if the guy is really cool and fun to chat with, that makes it all the more better. But if it's one of those guys who barely says a word and expects you to do nothing but diddle yourself the whole time...that's awkward and unrealistic...lol.

Weirdtimmy said:

Unless she knows you, knows that you aren't a liar, and you actually tell her that, she has no way of knowing.

Do you know how many times guys assured me that they wouldn't ask for certain things in the show, and then not only asked for it but ended the show when I said no and gave me a bad rating (on a site where ratings actually matter)?

For a lot of guys, when they want something from a girl, they try to find ways to get it, even after she's said "no".

Edit to add:

Not trying to imply that you would do that, I know you're all right. But a model who's never talked with you before can't tell you apart from the average schmuck.

Reactions: 1 person
The_Brown_Fox said:
Weirdtimmy said:

Around Valentine's Day when MFC models do the 1 or 2-hour Skype dates, I think it's a cool idea, and I wonder what the Skype date involves? Having lunch or dinner together...chatting...toy play via Skype? Something like that is what I would be cool with doing for a 2-hour Skype. And if the guy is really cool and fun to chat with, that makes it all the more better. But if it's one of those guys who barely says a word and expects you to do nothing but diddle yourself the whole time...that's awkward and unrealistic...lol.

Doing a one hour Skype date is fun especially if it's planned in advance. Asking my model what she would like me to wear made it special. She then asks me the same question. When we did Skype we match. I definitely had the time of my life talking, being funny, getting to know my model. Toward the end, we really had fun. :) The Skype experience is a lot better than having a private on MFC. I felt like the luckiest guy in the world after that experience.

The_Brown_Fox said:
Weirdtimmy said:

Know what I do when I don't want to do something? I tell someone a stupid high price. "Hey, how much for you to suck your husbands dick upside down hanging from your bedframe like a fucking bat?" 10,000 tokens motherfucker.

Then they usually fuck off. Because when you say no, or whatever form of no, hinted, or bold, people wanna get fucking stupid && ARGUE WITH YOU ABOUT IT, && try to convince you that you should do it. She was probably just annoyed that say?

Status
Not open for further replies.