AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Safe ways to receive payment (off-site, skype etc)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyCant

Cam Model
Oct 23, 2021
Hi!

I am sure this has been covered to a degree but I assuming this is always evolving a bit. I am on MFC and I have had people want to skype with me. Thus far I haven't been wiling to do that though because they typically want to pay me directly and bypass tokens, etc. I am not 100% against the concept but, as a new model, I am leery of getting scammed, transactions being reversed on paypal, etc.

So how are models safely and securely receiving payments off their main sites? Is this a non starter or do people have success with Venmo/CashApp/Other?

Thanks!

Reactions: travisbickle
these dudes are trying to rip you off. anyone usually trying to take you off-site is more than likely trying to take advantage of you. if they are communicating with you from an adult site with a payment processor, then that user has to use the site. if not, no show for them. if it's a site like twitter, you can choose whatever you want. i usually direct them to onlyfans or my affiliate links so i get a piece of that camming pie if they continue to spend on the site.

if you want to do skype shows, go with a site like skyprivate or cammodeldirectory.

paypal/venmo/cashapp all have no adult services in their ToS. if you are caught or suspected, expect your account to be terminated and funds withheld. paypal is the strictest. if it's bitcoin, recommend using spankpay instead of circle or other bitcoin transfering wallet apps.

if you are working a camsite, respect that they do deserve their percentage. they have provided you with a safe space and traffic to do business. i know when new that extra percentage is tempting, but you also risk getting banned from the adult site if caught or suspected of poaching their traffic.

these dudes are trying to rip you off. anyone usually trying to take you off-site is more than likely trying to take advantage of you. if they are communicating with you from an adult site with a payment processor, then that user has to use the site. if not, no show for them. if it's a site like twitter, you can choose whatever you want. i usually direct them to onlyfans or my affiliate links so i get a piece of that camming pie if they continue to spend on the site.

if you want to do skype shows, go with a site like skyprivate or cammodeldirectory.

paypal/venmo/cashapp all have no adult services in their ToS. if you are caught or suspected, expect your account to be terminated and funds withheld. paypal is the strictest. if it's bitcoin, recommend using spankpay instead of circle or other bitcoin transfering wallet apps.

if you are working a camsite, respect that they do deserve their percentage. they have provided you with a safe space and traffic to do business. i know when new that extra percentage is tempting, but you also risk getting banned from the adult site if caught or suspected of poaching their traffic.
Thank you for confirming what I assumed. I was very leery of this basically for the reasons you mentioned. I even asked one guy why not just do private and he said some BS about not watching to buy more tokens than needed. I have told everyone who has asked that I don't do skype but am happy to do a private show. I appreciate your response. Thank you!

Off topic - You referenced ways to offer skype shows. That kind of brings up another question. Is there an advantage to doing skype shows? I am inclined to just do everything on MFC. I don't really see the benefit of skype versus MFC private but am new so want to make sure I am not missing something.

Thanks!!

Echoing what Audri just said... the guys on MFC who keep pressing for you to accept other payment means for Skypes are doing so to rip you off. The old excuse... "but you will get more of the money", is just a hollow line they throw out to try and snare you. Genuine guys who make Skype requests will be ok if you are sticking to costs per min which are similar to what members would pay for a private on MFC. The con guys and the scammers will bleat about MFC privates being too expensive and that's the big red flag. Site currency is always the safe way to go.

👍

Echoing what Audri just said... the guys on MFC who keep pressing for you to accept other payment means for Skypes are doing so to rip you off. The old excuse... "but you will get more of the money", is just a hollow line they throw out to try and snare you. Genuine guys who make Skype requests will be ok if you are sticking to costs per min which are similar to what members would pay for a private on MFC. The con guys and the scammers will bleat about MFC privates being too expensive and that's the big red flag. Site currency is always the safe way to go.

👍
Thank you for the reply. Kind of confirms my intuition. Interestingly no one has actually brought up rates for Skype yet and one member (the most persistent) is actually someone who has tipped me (not large amounts). Even still, my instinct was that this is scammer behavior - or at the minimum someone trying to get something for free/cheaper than it should be, so I have been telling everyone no.

This is why I am happy to have found this forum though. I am just operating off instinct a bit so it's awesome to have people with actual domain expertise weigh in. Thanks again!

Let me try another one, lol. Someone asked me this my first day and it hasn't come up since. I said no at the time (obviously). That said, a member wanted to do a privte on MFC, only for me to call him with audio (skype or phone *67, etc) so that he could speak and not have to type.

I said no really because it seemed like more hassle than needed on my first day but thoughts on this one? Scam somehow or something you would do?

Off topic - You referenced ways to offer skype shows. That kind of brings up another question. Is there an advantage to doing skype shows? I am inclined to just do everything on MFC. I don't really see the benefit of skype versus MFC private but am new so want to make sure I am not missing something.
i think it's best to keep it all on the site for your protection. i cant answer MFC questions since i don't have much experience on that site.

if you are comfortable and making your goals with mfc, then no need. but if you are wanting to earn more or try out different traffic than MFC is offering you could try dipping your shoes into other methods, like the sites i mentioned above.

i personally hate and don't have the patience for skype shows. i don't like that everyone can c2c with me and skype is always fucking up. i also don't like having to arrange a show or schedule it. have people dip out early and trying to get their last 2 minutes 11 months later.

Let me try another one, lol. Someone asked me this my first day and it hasn't come up since. I said no at the time (obviously). That said, a member wanted to do a privte on MFC, only for me to call him with audio (skype or phone *67, etc) so that he could speak and not have to type.

I said no really because it seemed like more hassle than needed on my first day but thoughts on this one? Scam somehow or something you would do?
it could of been legit, but i would of turned down too. way too much of a complicated order. he could have done c2c on his phone. even if he didnt have a camera, he can still use his mic.

Hi!

I am sure this has been covered to a degree but I assuming this is always evolving a bit. I am on MFC and I have had people want to skype with me. Thus far I haven't been wiling to do that though because they typically want to pay me directly and bypass tokens, etc. I am not 100% against the concept but, as a new model, I am leery of getting scammed, transactions being reversed on paypal, etc.

So how are models safely and securely receiving payments off their main sites? Is this a non starter or do people have success with Venmo/CashApp/Other?

Thanks!

I must say...I'm so tempted right now to try to get some CashApp money, because my phone is about to get cut off, and my bank account is about to go in the negative. 🙄

But anyway...with the MFC guys asking about Skype...most of the time the next question out their mouths is "PayPal?" And the answer to that should always be NO. They can buy tokens on MyFreeCams, and take you into a private show (And those MFC tokens are good for your camscore), instead of obnoxiously expecting you to disrupt your MFC shift for some Skype show they're probably expecting for dirt cheap.

Not all Skype enthusiasts are scammers. I have guys who want to Skype with me daily. They prefer it because they can actually talk and the cam and connection is better. It's also cheaper for them to use outside methods because, for me, prices are either $4/min or 80tk/min. If they find me while I am camming and want me to get off yo skype with them, I make them tip 2000tk fee in addition to the 80tk/min. Otherwise, they need to schedule the skype in advance.

For my skype regulars, i violate the tos of cash app and venmo and let people pay me that way. I also accept amazon card on rare occasion. In any case, the times ive been scammed were from people who sent me fake emails that appear to be from the pay apps that say they've sent money, but it is totally fake. I fell for it once. I saw the email and did not check the actual app. So my rule is to make sure that money is IN MY BANK before I ever get on a skype. I fully expect my Cash app and Venmo to be shut down eventually but we are going on year 3 so...

Side note- I hate Skypes. I have a few regulars who like 30 min+ Skypes and ill make time for those, but the rest like to pay for a 10 min skype one time and then think they can text you on Skype daily. I don't have time for it and it wears my body out if I am really trying to make money.

Reactions: AmyCant and NotYou
Not all Skype enthusiasts are scammers. I have guys who want to Skype with me daily. They prefer it because they can actually talk and the cam and connection is better. It's also cheaper for them to use outside methods because, for me, prices are either $4/min or 80tk/min. If they find me while I am camming and want me to get off yo skype with them, I make them tip 2000tk fee in addition to the 80tk/min. Otherwise, they need to schedule the skype in advance.

For my skype regulars, i violate the tos of cash app and venmo and let people pay me that way. I also accept amazon card on rare occasion. In any case, the times ive been scammed were from people who sent me fake emails that appear to be from the pay apps that say they've sent money, but it is totally fake. I fell for it once. I saw the email and did not check the actual app. So my rule is to make sure that money is IN MY BANK before I ever get on a skype. I fully expect my Cash app and Venmo to be shut down eventually but we are going on year 3 so...

Side note- I hate Skypes. I have a few regulars who like 30 min+ Skypes and ill make time for those, but the rest like to pay for a 10 min skype one time and then think they can text you on Skype daily. I don't have time for it and it wears my body out if I am really trying to make money.

At least the good thing about places like Skype, you can mute individual users' notifications. So those who are messaging you there often, or too much, you can literally just mute their conversations and still receive the notifications from those you want the messages from. Also, another reason some people legitimately do like Skype is for the built-in translator. But obviously, there are many guys who do want to try scam or at least take advantage and push the boundary of staying longer than they have paid for - at least with tokens per minute, once they are gone the time is up. And obviously, some models feel too rude to say no, if the guy has not finished, but I see it as that is his own fault.

Thank you for confirming what I assumed. I was very leery of this basically for the reasons you mentioned. I even asked one guy why not just do private and he said some BS about not watching to buy more tokens than needed. I have told everyone who has asked that I don't do skype but am happy to do a private show. I appreciate your response. Thank you!

Thanks!!
The benefit of offsite shows is so they/you can do things that are against your site's TOS. If you tell them to tip you for it on the site and you feel comfy doing skype/discord shows you could do it that way, I've done it a few times and got tipped in tokens first before starting the show and it worked out fine. Same with using a fansite as a payment platform, I've sold customs on OF and Fansly and gotten some subscribers just from them placing orders with me. If you don't want to do any of the stuff that violates TOS though then there's no point to it.

I refuse shows when someone offers to pay with Paypal, Venmo, Cashapp, Amazon gift cards, etc because scams are common and you also run the risk of losing your account, so anyone who tries to push to use those methods is likely trying to fuck you over. I sometimes accept amazon wishlist items for customs but I never start work on it until after my stuff arrives.

I have a SpankPay account that I use for offsite transactions (highly recommend looking into it), and whenever I get someone who sounds scammy I send them the link to my wallet and tell them the price of what they're looking for and they usually fuck off. I'm also doing more research on how to safely sell content using other crypto methods as well, I have some regulars in the EU and UK who are getting absolutely reamed by VAT and it's gonna save us both some money.

Like everyone else said, most of these guys either want to scam you, or do something that violates the TOS of your cam site. I feel like when you're a new model it's a good policy to say no to everything you're unsure about. With experience you'll get a better feel for who the scammers are and who is being genuine, and then you can reconsider.

I have a SpankPay account that I use for offsite transactions (highly recommend looking into it), and whenever I get someone who sounds scammy I send them the link to my wallet and tell them the price of what they're looking for and they usually fuck off. I'm also doing more research on how to safely sell content using other crypto methods as well, I have some regulars in the EU and UK who are getting absolutely reamed by VAT and it's gonna save us both some money.

I had high hopes for Spankpay for guys who find me on Twitter and from my website. I refuse to risk my streamate account by taking guys offsite, but if they go to twitter directly and don't try to ask me questions on Streamate chat then I will deal with them sometimes for custom videos.

Every single time a guy has tried to pay with Spankpay the transaction is refused either by their bank or something went wrong on Spankpay's end. I know this happens now and again with all payment processors, but for me it's happened to every single customer. It's so frustrating because it would be a great service if it would just work for my customers.

At least the good thing about places like Skype, you can mute individual users' notifications. So those who are messaging you there often, or too much, you can literally just mute their conversations and still receive the notifications from those you want the messages from. Also, another reason some people legitimately do like Skype is for the built-in translator. But obviously, there are many guys who do want to try scam or at least take advantage and push the boundary of staying longer than they have paid for - at least with tokens per minute, once they are gone the time is up. And obviously, some models feel too rude to say no, if the guy has not finished, but I see it as that is his own fault.
Ha. Legit did not even know you could mute them. I threw away my whole skype, couldn't take it 😂😂 thanks.

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
Ha. Legit did not even know you could mute them. I threw away my whole skype, couldn't take it 😂😂 thanks.
Click on their chat, click there name at the top and then scroll down and find notifications or chat notifications or something similar. Then enable or disable for that person. Also hide their chat so it's out of sight too.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise

This is helpful. Thanks! Does Cam2Cam in MFC private not have sound? I have done it but usually am not paying enough attention to know if there's a sound option I am not selecting, etc. They usually seem content to type anyways. I get that some guys may want to talk rather than type. I probably prefer them just typing but sound could be ok if the guy isn't rude.

I get what you mean about exhaustion though. I have been going on every day this week while I am 'new' and it's draining. Once I settle in I am hoping to only do 2-3 days a week.

Like everyone else said, most of these guys either want to scam you, or do something that violates the TOS of your cam site. I feel like when you're a new model it's a good policy to say no to everything you're unsure about. With experience you'll get a better feel for who the scammers are and who is being genuine, and then you can reconsider.
That's been my guiding principle thus far, lol.

I had high hopes for Spankpay for guys who find me on Twitter and from my website. I refuse to risk my streamate account by taking guys offsite, but if they go to twitter directly and don't try to ask me questions on Streamate chat then I will deal with them sometimes for custom videos.

Every single time a guy has tried to pay with Spankpay the transaction is refused either by their bank or something went wrong on Spankpay's end. I know this happens now and again with all payment processors, but for me it's happened to every single customer. It's so frustrating because it would be a great service if it would just work for my customers.
Yeah the banks are catching on. I've had a few go through but about half the time they have to call and get it approved. It might be getting more common as the platform gains popularity, but in the beginning I had zero issues with it. This is why I'm looking into other crypto methods because you aren't even dealing directly with banks at all.

Also I forgot to mention: if someone is asking ON YOUR CAMSITE to do offsite shows, tell them it's against site TOS and if they don't apologize and change the subject block them to cover your ass. Taking traffic offsite will get your account suspended faster than almost anything if you get caught.

If they find your socials after your show and ask in DMs though, then that's a horse of a different feather.

Also never do snapchat shows those dudes are always, always scammers.

Also I forgot to mention: if someone is asking ON YOUR CAMSITE to do offsite shows, tell them it's against site TOS and if they don't apologize and change the subject block them to cover your ass. Taking traffic offsite will get your account suspended faster than almost anything if you get caught.

If they find your socials after your show and ask in DMs though, then that's a horse of a different feather.

Also never do snapchat shows those dudes are always, always scammers.

I think MFC allows members to tip for off site skype shows, don't they? This is generally good advice though.

This is helpful. Thanks! Does Cam2Cam in MFC private not have sound? I have done it but usually am not paying enough attention to know if there's a sound option I am not selecting, etc. They usually seem content to type anyways. I get that some guys may want to talk rather than type. I probably prefer them just typing but sound could be ok if the guy isn't rude.

I get what you mean about exhaustion though. I have been going on every day this week while I am 'new' and it's draining. Once I settle in I am hoping to only do 2-3 days a week.
You can turn sound on during pvts. I never do unless they ask. Surprisingly, a lot of guys on skype keep their cams off, too. I don't know why Skype is appealing. If you ever do them, use VPN. Someone told me location is easy to figure out on Skype. Matter of fact, just stick to the cam sites 😂

It's just hard to turn down Skypes when I can make double the money than a token pvt and also get it instantly. 😣

Reactions: LolaLuv
You can turn sound on during pvts. I never do unless they ask. Surprisingly, a lot of guys on skype keep their cams off, too. I don't know why Skype is appealing. If you ever do them, use VPN. Someone told me location is easy to figure out on Skype. Matter of fact, just stick to the cam sites 😂

It's just hard to turn down Skypes when I can make double the money than a token pvt and also get it instantly. 😣
I also prefer Discord over skype personally. It's also really hard to get location info from it.

Cam to cam in MFC private does have sound, but you can mute it if you want. I've done this before whenever there was horrible feedback/screeching when listening to them.

I don't know why Skype is appealing
Because skype works flawlessly on tablets and phones even when there's low bandwidth. The sites still all have issues when trying to run on a device vs a laptop or desktop. Also skype sessions usually guaranteed exclusivity since members don't usually like to use voice chat when it's clear the model is broadcasting on five sites at the same time or lag makes you hear your own voice on their end. Since sites will never get app store apps they will never run as effectively.

Most camming platforms forbid receiving money from a third-party app for a reason - while at first glance it might sound like they don't want us to get money from members off-site because that means less money for them, it is actually to protect us. Whoever wants to pay you anywhere else but on the platform is fishy AF. They just want to rip you off.

Reactions: AmyCant
Most camming platforms forbid receiving money from a third-party app for a reason - while at first glance it might sound like they don't want us to get money from members off-site because that means less money for them, it is actually to protect us. Whoever wants to pay you anywhere else but on the platform is fishy AF. They just want to rip you off.
No it's like 99% about them losing money because models will use their platform as a way to cut them out of the profit and funnel members into shows offsite. That's why It's a harsher bannable offence that's usually only comparable to things involving minors or unauthorized people showing up in frame.

You're spot fucking on about most of the dudes wanting skype shows being scammers though.

My first week of camming I had a lot of people ask me for skype shows, and I will definitely second all the models saying that not everyone asking for one is a scammer. Though, a lot are lol. Especially if you are new. But honestly once you bring up the payment (And stay firm on payment before even giving your skype)- you can tell who's actually into you or not.
The way I did it- which was actually suggested by a member- was by amazon giftcards, which is a good alternative to offline tips/tokens per min. All you need is an email to send it to, so I just made one for camming lol. Though you can definitely do the token per min thing. Just set your price and insist people tip upfront. That honestly funded my startup gear.
It's also very personal, so I feel once you have a skype "date" with someone, it's likely they'll do it again.

Reactions: Puffylover
The way I did it- which was actually suggested by a member- was by amazon giftcards, which is a good alternative to offline tips/tokens per min. All you need is an email to send it to, so I just made one for camming lol.
Dude be super fucking careful, it's really easy to get scammed with amazon gift cards. I don't accept them at all as a method, especially not for shows. You basically have to spend it **immediately** after it's sent to you and before starting your show because it can be cancelled or charged back later and then you're screwed. A lot of dudes will also try to send you gift card codes or screenshots instead and hope you don't look at your account first.

Status
Not open for further replies.