AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Safe ways to receive payment (off-site, skype etc)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude be super fucking careful, it's really easy to get scammed with amazon gift cards. I don't accept them at all as a method, especially not for shows. You basically have to spend it **immediately** after it's sent to you and before starting your show because it can be cancelled or charged back later and then you're screwed. A lot of dudes will also try to send you gift card codes or screenshots instead and hope you don't look at your account first.
Oh shit has that happened to you? That hasnt happened to me yet, but I thought that was much safer than cashapp/venmo or whatever.

Damn nevermind, maybe just stick to tokens per min lol

Oh shit has that happened to you? That hasnt happened to me yet, but I thought that was much safer than cashapp/venmo or whatever.

Damn nevermind, maybe just stick to tokens per min lol
it's never happened to me but when I was researching payment platforms and alternatives I came across people talking about getting scammed this way and I went nope lol.

I do sometimes trade customs for wishlist items but I use the items in the content (to make content of equivocal value as the items) so if they never arrive it never gets made and the only bad thing is getting disappointed.

Reactions: Gaia_Mommy
it's never happened to me but when I was researching payment platforms and alternatives I came across people talking about getting scammed this way and I went nope lol.

I do sometimes trade customs for wishlist items but I use the items in the content (to make content of equivocal value as the items) so if they never arrive it never gets made and the only bad thing is getting disappointed.
I've given Skype shows to like 7 different people and that's never happened, but yeah that would suuuuuuuck. Think I'm gonna change that now tbh after hearing that lmao. Props to you for researching that before doing it. Skype shows are something you get bombarded with when youre new lol. I knew cashapp/venmo was the typical scammer go-to, and was aware of how easy it is to cancel payments, but didn't know it was as easy to do the same thing with giftcards. :oops:

Please don't assume EVERYONE who wants to PayPal is trying to scam you. I actually prefer to pay using PayPal because the model doesn't lose half of it to mfc. I'm honest and have had several friends over the years it has worked perfectly. Yes, some times something happens and their account is taken away, but I can honestly say not because of me...perhaps they weren't careful with who they let pay this way? Another option I have been using with one friend in particular is Moneygram. Direct debit card to debit card. Of course, the model must trust the guy very much, but I am happy to have earned such trust with this beautiful model.
I like to have 3 or 4 regulars to Skype with and we always use outside payment methods, even if first meeting through skyprivate, then getting to know me.
I'm an honest person and appreciate honest and beautiful women.

My first week of camming I had a lot of people ask me for skype shows, and I will definitely second all the models saying that not everyone asking for one is a scammer. Though, a lot are lol. Especially if you are new. But honestly once you bring up the payment (And stay firm on payment before even giving your skype)- you can tell who's actually into you or not.
The way I did it- which was actually suggested by a member- was by amazon giftcards, which is a good alternative to offline tips/tokens per min. All you need is an email to send it to, so I just made one for camming lol. Though you can definitely do the token per min thing. Just set your price and insist people tip upfront. That honestly funded my startup gear.
It's also very personal, so I feel once you have a skype "date" with someone, it's likely they'll do it again.
Don't let one bad apple spoil everything. I like your positive thinking and attitude.

I have a SpankPay account that I use for offsite transactions (highly recommend looking into it), and whenever I get someone who sounds scammy I send them the link to my wallet and tell them the price of what they're looking for and they usually fuck off. I'm also doing more research on how to safely sell content using other crypto methods as well, I have some regulars in the EU and UK who are getting absolutely reamed by VAT and it's gonna save us both some money.
Sorry.... im newb and don't know how to remove quotes I've already put in... (so embarassing lol. I literally decided what I was gonna say wasn't even important...)

Please don't assume EVERYONE who wants to PayPal is trying to scam you. I actually prefer to pay using PayPal because the model doesn't lose half of it to mfc. I'm honest and have had several friends over the years it has worked perfectly. Yes, some times something happens and their account is taken away, but I can honestly say not because of me...perhaps they weren't careful with who they let pay this way? Another option I have been using with one friend in particular is Moneygram. Direct debit card to debit card. Of course, the model must trust the guy very much, but I am happy to have earned such trust with this beautiful model.
I like to have 3 or 4 regulars to Skype with and we always use outside payment methods, even if first meeting through skyprivate, then getting to know me.
You sound like a huge scammer rn LMAO

You can turn sound on during pvts. I never do unless they ask. Surprisingly, a lot of guys on skype keep their cams off, too. I don't know why Skype is appealing. If you ever do them, use VPN. Someone told me location is easy to figure out on Skype. Matter of fact, just stick to the cam sites 😂

It's just hard to turn down Skypes when I can make double the money than a token pvt and also get it instantly. 😣
So you don't do skype shows anymore? Out of all the people who've you've accepted payments through paypal/venomo/cashapp, how many have scammed you? 😬

Sorry.... im newb and don't know how to remove quotes I've already put in... (so embarassing lol. I literally decided what I was gonna say wasn't even important...)

You sound like a huge scammer rn LMAO
?? Who is this, and why would you say that??

Even if you aren't trying to scam someone with PayPal it's still not a SW friendly platform. If you use it to pay a model she risks losing her entire account and all of the money in it because of their TOS. I'm actually more concerned about that than I am about getting scammed personally, and that's the main reason why PayPal isn't recommended at all for SW.

I know it's a very popular and convenient platform and a lot of people like using it, but if you're wanting to pay models for offsite content and shows I would strongly recommend looking into alternative platforms, especially cryptocurrency. As a buyer your account can also be suspended or closed without warning if they figure out you're using PayPal for SW purchases.

Bottom line is don't use PayPal. Period. It's not worth the risk.

I did mean to ask you about this actually. Do you let people send you those things through amazon? I assume to like a P.O. box?

I did mean to ask you about this actually. Do you let people send you those things through amazon? I assume to like a P.O. box?
With wishlists they can only see your city and state, so a P.O box would have about the same level of safety as sending it to your address if you live in a large city, but some people also have their stuff sent to one that's a few towns over. A lot of models understandably don't like having that information be available though so instead they opt to not use wishlists at all.

There is a new wishlist service called Throne that's for both adult and SFW content creators/streamers that does not disclose any of your personal info. It also allows you to insert links from sites other than amazon (etsy for example) so you're able to support other businesses and also be gifted things you'd otherwise be unable to add to wishlists. There's also no risk of chargebacks.

I'm actually phasing out my Amazon wishlist and opting to eventually only use this service. They have a waitlist currently but I'd strongly recommend signing up when you get a chance.

With wishlists they can only see your city and state, so a P.O box would have about the same level of safety as sending it to your address if you live in a large city, but some people also have their stuff sent to one that's a few towns over. A lot of models understandably don't like having that information be available though so instead they opt to not use wishlists at all.

There is a new wishlist service called Throne that's for both adult and SFW content creators/streamers that does not disclose any of your personal info. It also allows you to insert links from sites other than amazon (etsy for example) so you're able to support other businesses and also be gifted things you'd otherwise be unable to add to wishlists. There's also no risk of chargebacks.

I'm actually phasing out my Amazon wishlist and opting to eventually only use this service. They have a waitlist currently but I'd strongly recommend signing up when you get a chance.
Thank you! That was the one thing I didn't like about amazon. When I posted my wishlist I just posted a link for people to look at but they couldn't send me anything. I really wish amazon had an option like the Lovense website to hide that information from senders.
Anyway thanks, I'll check it out!

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Thank you! That was the one thing I didn't like about amazon. When I posted my wishlist I just posted a link for people to look at but they couldn't send me anything. I really wish amazon had an option like the Lovense website to hide that information from senders.
Anyway thanks, I'll check it out!
Amazon does offer a way to send gifts to an email address but I'm not sure how secure it is since Amazon intends gifts to be sent to "friends".

Amazon does offer a way to send gifts to an email address but I'm not sure how secure it is since Amazon intends gifts to be sent to "friends".
Oh, that's really helpful lol.
I mean- well now that I already said I do skypes lmao, and have done them already for credit, I trust the people who I've done them with already so I'll probably just keep letting those people send me them if they like, but I may stop with integrating amazon altogether as a form of payment as well since it seems to not really be that much more safe than paypal/cashapp.etc. I may use the above method as a way for fans to send me things if they want to on their own tho- or learn from Grayson and trade for customs lol

Reactions: GraysonDrake
So you don't do skype shows anymore? Out of all the people who've you've accepted payments through paypal/venomo/cashapp, how many have scammed you? 😬
I only do skypes with my tried and true regulars who like long 30 min+ shows these days.

I've only been scammed once and have only come across two others who have attempted. For all 3 people, I am sure they saw me me on cam sites and maybe set up the skype through social media or email, but not one of them ever spent a token on me and that was my sign. 2 of them sent a fake pay confirmation email. One of them said he would buy things off my wish list in exchange for skype, but instead just marked them as bought. My rule for skypes is that the payment or gifts need to be in my bank before I do them. I have not been scammed while following this rule.

But in 3 years, only 3 scam attempts. I'm legit surprised to see others experience has been different on this thread. I don't equate skype users with scams at all. I just see them as a different kind of client who like a more personalized service.

Maybe I missed it but for the OP there are sites like Cammodeldirectory and skyprivates that specialize in setting up and paying for skype shows. As well as things like having members pay through token and donation options on sites. Like 'Make it Rain' option in Manyvid for example. Yes this do take cuts but some do offer protections for both the members and the models.

I only do skypes with my tried and true regulars who like long 30 min+ shows these days.

I've only been scammed once and have only come across two others who have attempted. For all 3 people, I am sure they saw me me on cam sites and maybe set up the skype through social media or email, but not one of them ever spent a token on me and that was my sign. 2 of them sent a fake pay confirmation email. One of them said he would buy things off my wish list in exchange for skype, but instead just marked them as bought. My rule for skypes is that the payment or gifts need to be in my bank before I do them. I have not been scammed while following this rule.

But in 3 years, only 3 scam attempts. I'm legit surprised to see others experience has been different on this thread. I don't equate skype users with scams at all. I just see them as a different kind of client who like a more personalized service.
I also do not think that everyone asking for Skype Shows are scammers. In my experience, my skype dates have been my most fun, and most enjoyable privates at least for me, lol. I think the type of guys wanting them seek a more personally tailored experience, and they have always been my most polite, considerate customers. It's nice to know that in your 3 years of doing them, you've only been scammed once, and have had people try to scam you only 2 other times.

In my experience, all scammers sound the same lol. They think they're saying some magical phrases or whatever that make you go "👀" but don't realize they sound like a script poorly written by bots. I think if you're just smart with it, you can build a nice little contact list like that. I haven't been scammed, knock on wood, but I'm also a little bit concerned about being able to find your IP address through Skype- and may take it to discord or Zoom (after some research on that) instead if I continue to grow my contacts.
I do think putting a minimum time limit on it as well is a good way to weed people out though!

Status
Not open for further replies.