AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scared to show my face

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TessaTaylor

Cam Model
Aug 5, 2017
Twitter Username
@tessa_taylor2
Chaturbate Username
tessa_tease
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000669974/TessaTease/
Hi everyone! I am new here this is my first post! I am wondering if anyone else has had reservations about showing their face? Right now I am just making videos for manyvids and c4s I haven't had much success and I think it is because I don't show my face. How can I get over this fear? Has anyones parents accidentally found them online? I think that is what I am worried about the most.

I have no advice on to showing your face vs not, although I do believe there is a thread floating around here somewhere about that. I will tell you this.... even if you dont show your face the chances of somebody recognizing you are probably still high. This is a very hard job to have and remain completely anonymous, its virtually impossible, and when you leave there will always be video evidence. Many girls that cam have been outed by people in there real life, myself included. This is something everyone has to decide for themselves, is this job worth it? For a lot of us the answer is yes, but if this is a major concern for you then it is something you should think twice about. I like to think most of us were worried about this when we started, so your feelings arent uncommon, it just a matter of if its something you can live with WHEN people find out.

edit: heres that thread... https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...eir-face-on-cam-both-males-and-females.28867/

I have reservations about showing my face as well...

But also, what Elay said.

• Funny!
Reactions: JickyJuly
I have no advice on to showing your face vs not, although I do believe there is a thread floating around here somewhere about that. I will tell you this.... even if you dont show your face the chances of somebody recognizing you are probably still high. This is a very hard job to have and remain completely anonymous, its virtually impossible, and when you leave there will always be video evidence. Many girls that cam have been outed by people in there real life, myself included. This is something everyone has to decide for themselves, is this job worth it? For a lot of us the answer is yes, but if this is a major concern for you then it is something you should think twice about. I like to think most of us were worried about this when we started, so your feelings arent uncommon, it just a matter of if its something you can live with WHEN people find out.

edit: heres that thread... https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...eir-face-on-cam-both-males-and-females.28867/[/QUOTE

Thank you! I am interested in the story of when you get outed? If a friend saw me I don't think I would care its mainly just my mom! Off to read that thread, thanks for finding it for me!

even if you dont show your face the chances of somebody recognizing you are probably still high

A prior coworker recognized my literal ASS on cam one night. I cammed for five years before being recognized, and it wasn't even my face that identified me, it was dat booty. I wasn't even surprised, honestly.

@TessaTaylor there are plenty of stories around here about girls being outted. My storys pretty cut and dry and probably similar to many other girls.... some guy from my small little hick town recognized me camming (I was on mfc at the time) and sent out links to my profile and website to all my friends through facebook. Facebook is the devil.

edit: when I say friends, I mean pretty much everyone I went to high school with.

my outing was also facebook. facebook is a camgirls worse nightmare.

Has anyone been found even when blocking the area you live in or used to live in? I have my state blocked, to avoid being randomly stumbled on by someone I know.

Has anyone been found even when blocking the area you live in or used to live in? I have my state blocked, to avoid being randomly stumbled on by someone I know.

This is a fairly common way of being discovered. With VPNs being used by more and more people, geo-blocking shouldn't be relied on to keep from being discovered. Does it help keep the secret? Of course. But there are many ways around it, so it shouldn't be relied on too heavily.

If the question goes, "Has anyone been discovered because of *insert situation or reason here*, the answer is probably yes. Very very few adult models are able to keep their anonymity through their entire career, no matter how hard they strive to protect themselves.

It's best not to do things you don't want others to see your face doing. Anyone can out you, and the only power you have against it is irreverence. Camming is a gamble, but part of that chance at getting money lies in doing something others don't want to be caught dead doing. Hiding your face, unless you can do so creatively enough that others don't see your fear, will only lose you money.

@TessaTaylor there are plenty of stories around here about girls being outted. My storys pretty cut and dry and probably similar to many other girls.... some guy from my small little hick town recognized me camming (I was on mfc at the time) and sent out links to my profile and website to all my friends through facebook. Facebook is the devil.

edit: when I say friends, I mean pretty much everyone I went to high school with.

Goddamn! What, lemme guess, some loser you wouldn't go to prom with?

@Phoenix4987 haha that would of been better bc at least then he would of had a reason to be so salty. Truth is I had no idea who he was, which says a lot considering I went to one of those schools where everybody knows everybody....granted I believe he was a couple of years younger than me.

In the end though I think it worked out for the best, it sucked at the time but I learned real quick who my real friends were and it forced me to out myself to my family. Now I can live everyday and not have to worry about when/if somebody will find me, its much less stressful.

Reactions: AudriTwo
I've never done a Private show where I showed My face. Guys will def pass on this. But, there's also a lot of them who don't mind. I gave great shows, so nobody seemed to mind all that much. Yes, it is possible. I've cammed for over 7 years, && been able to still be okay. But, if you're that worried about someone finding you, it's probably best to get it now. It's generally unavoidable. More of a question of WHEN someone finds out. Even with geo blocking, VPN's... The amount of pirated cam feeds these days mames that stuff doesn't work as well unfortunately.

It can be pretty nerve racking. I haven't had anyone recognize me yet, although prior to dating my boyfriend looked me up through my snapchat name and bought a video, and then told me that it was super easy to find me. I changed my snapchat name because I don't want online friends knowing. But like... my face has been in plenty of embarrassing shit I'm sure. It's on tinder profiles, OKcupid, might even be on some other sites that I don't even know about.

I think you just got to weigh options. Even then, someone might go like "omg that wrist! I know them!"

Status
Not open for further replies.