AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Screen caps etiquette?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2012
Interwebs
Hi! I did my best to search previous posts about this, and I didn't find a thread about it.

The topic title says everything. What do you think is the adequate screen caps etiquette for members in this forum?
I mean, screen caps of models in public chat from MFC or other camming websites. Of course, models can post screen caps of themselves. I assume that there is some sense of collegiality between models, but also some tacit rules. My question is focused on members posting models' screen caps.

In general, I think that if the screen cap is "sexy stuff", then members should ask permission to the model. If the screen cap is kind of silly, lol, or wtf, I think no permission is required (provided that it was a public chat). Of course, no post should be offensive, but I think we can still laugh when someone falls sleep on cam or stuff like that :)

I really think it depends on the model.

There are a couple models who have asked Amber to remove any and all screen caps of them from this forum. Some models would find a permanent record of their wtf moment really embarassing. Like, when you make a mistake, you don't want a picture of it uploaded to the internet.

My personal policy on screen caps is- as long as there's nothing in my pussy or ass, and I'm not touching my clit/asshole/inner pussy lips, go ahead and post it! However, if it was a group, please crop it to just be my picture and name. Lastly, always make sure you give me credit!

I would try not to post anything *unflattering*
Like if her eyes are rolled back, her face all scrunched up mid sentence, or ask yourself "Would I want a photo of me with my tummy all blobbed over like that posted?"

I generally ask the model's permission before capturing/posting anything here, though it would never be anything explicit or incredibly embarrassing. Man-on-cam or sleepers are usually exceptions to this rule. I'm undecided as to whether or not I should be blanking out the names for these.
Sometimes, if I come across an interesting bit of chat or an unusual topic, I'll get a capture of it but crop out the model and any irrelevant bits of conversation (didn't do this with the sleeping hammer-topic girl, as she obviously fell into multiple categories :lol: ).

For the models I know pretty well, I've talked to them/heard what they have to say on the topic and have a pretty good idea what they're okay with. If I have reason the think they might not like one, I'll ask first. I also try to err on the side of caution. I don't want to upset anyone with a picture.

With someone I don't know, I probably wouldn't post very much without permission unless possibly it was a clothed pic, where they looked good (and yes, I get it that women usually have a higher standard for when they look good than guys have for them -- so I mean no silly faces, etc.)

theguitarrist said:
In general, I think that if the screen cap is "sexy stuff", then members should ask permission to the model.

I agree. Members should not be on here posting screenshots of models riding their dildos, etc, unless the model is cool with it. I've seen stuff like that posted on here, and some of those models aren't on here to speak up and ask for it to be taken down.

Also, a screen shot that would be considered embarrassing - such as the model in the middle of sneezing - would be pretty rude. It's actually one of the reasons I make sure to sneeze out of cam's view...lol.

Ask. If you don't know her well enough to ask, then you don't know her well enough to assume she will be okay with you posting without permission. I had a model tell me not to post what I thought was the most flattering possible animated gif of her, for reasons I still don't understand. She looked absolutely radiant, but for some reason, she didn't like it. It's her image and her choice, so unposted it remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.