AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SkinVideo - A new and AMAZING Cam Site

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
Screw all that noise, I just deleted all the random bickering crap from the last day and a half. I'm no longer going to jump in and try to diplomatically justify people's words to keep the peace here. Say something stupid and I'll just delete it and all the posts that quote it. I'm only goddamned human and can't keep the sanity here as well as within myself.

Now let's get back on topic, use tact in your wording, and not attack anyone directly. Got it?

Yay it's Dark Amber Cutie!!!

If bigger token packages mean models make a larger percent and you want to pimp MFC's pay for that, then lets see.

Alright, MFC says 61.4% goes to models.

"About" 13.6% goes to transaction costs.

Refunds, charge backs, and stuff like that brings it to "nearly" 80% on MFC.

Alright so... in comparison.

SkinVideo's biggest token package is 900 tokens for 80$.
Their smallest is 200 tokens for 20$.

Sure, MFC's 900 token package is 74$, but that is 60.01% given to the model directly.
On SkinVideo, a model gets 90fuckingpercent directly with the biggest package, and they still put the rest into the servers and stuff without calling it our "pay." Hell, they didn't even charge me to mail me my check but they won't count that as our payments either. That's called a Business Expense, not model pay.

They cover that just like your job doesn't make you pay for them to write up your paycheck.

Sure, as it grows, there'll be more assholes and useless bad-cam-no-sound-bored-lazy models, and sure, it'll get better, but if you guys want to pimp up MFC's pay because of token packages, we can do the same to SkinVideo.

Yeah, the video is lacking a tiny bit, but that'll change. Yeah, there are not many members or model, but they're growing at a significant rate. Will they lower the payment percent someday? Maybe. Who knows. Lets call and ask instead of assuming though, it's a good question *dials.*

"No. I'll tell you why. I feel like other guys are marketing themselves with... like this or like that... I feel like that we offer the biggest payout is ..."

Erm. I couldn't type that fast. <_< I used to be able to. But basically, no, they don't see that happening. If it did, it would be because the it was a risk of going out of business or lowering, but they basically think that's impossible. If, for whatever reason, it came to that, they would Talk to their models first. They're actually working on adding Bigger packages which will offer even more discounts.

I asked her to sum up her thoughts on the payment stuff in an email and she's more than willing so you guys can get the answer for yourself. From what I heard though she was surprised that we thought that would even happen; kind of like asking a model if she'd marry you.

Alright here's her reply :)

Hey Alex,

We do not have any plans to lower model payouts. The model payouts are currently one of the large factors in signing up with a new site. We are 100% aware of this fact. Why would we cock-block ourselves from continuing to grow? Even with 80% payouts, we are still making money. We are also working on many upsell features that should bring the site even more revenue.

We like the relaxed vibe of SkinVideo. I don't want to wreck a good thing. Models are mutually supportive over here, as they're not competing for a score.

If a model gets sick and needs to take time off, we're not going to downgrade her revshare because of it. There are many perks that come along with being a model here. We genuinely care about our models. There are cycles to being a sex worker. You need to take time off now and then to be a happy and healthy human being. We get that here. You'll still get 80% every time you work for us.

There's an ebb and flow to our business. That's why it takes more than just money to stay in the cam world long term. Any full-time model will tell you that it's more about the freedom that will keep you on your daily grind...and less about the money. We've spent a decade cultivating this erotic culture. We don't have too many rules and we let models express themselves.

My hope is that all our new models will bring some much needed change to our site. This will help us evolve into an even better product for customers, too. Models spend the most time with our customers. They know more about what the customers want to see and what's trending in our industry. They know what will be good for our business. Many of our new features are based on ideas that our new models have shared with us. Keep an eye on the features we roll out in the next couple of months. You can thank our beloved models for all of them.

If you ever have questions, don't hesitate to contact me. You've got my cell # and email addy. You can also IM me yim/yim: [Edited out for privacy, I'm sure you can get it from her if you want it.]

Cheers,

Kathleen

I don't see what all the drama is. I became a member of Skin Vid and amazingly enough my MFC membership wasn't cancelled. I can in fact still chat to my favorite models there or any new ones I find of interest. I can even have SV open at the same time if I want. Actually nothing has changed for me since joining SV. If a model I like is online at mfc and I want to tip her I do, if however she is on MFC and I know she id a SV model I would prefer to tip her in SV simply because she will get more profit from it. If I was to want a private,group show (rare for me) and cam quality is not good on SV i will wait till she is ready to do it on MFC or simply go to another model, I have more than 1 favorite.
My point is, nothing has changed for me and models get more money. Models with more money = happier models and that = happier me.

SirLes said:
I don't see what all the drama is. I became a member of Skin Vid and amazingly enough my MFC membership wasn't cancelled. I can in fact still chat to my favorite models there or any new ones I find of interest. I can even have SV open at the same time if I want. Actually nothing has changed for me since joining SV. If a model I like is online at mfc and I want to tip her I do, if however she is on MFC and I know she id a SV model I would prefer to tip her in SV simply because she will get more profit from it. If I was to want a private,group show (rare for me) and cam quality is not good on SV i will wait till she is ready to do it on MFC or simply go to another model, I have more than 1 favorite.
My point is, nothing has changed for me and models get more money. Models with more money = happier models and that = happier me.

Quoted for Truth.

One thing that really bugs me is when someone hates on remakes of movies, because it is already a great movie. Just because they remake it deosn't mean the old one will suck if the new one sucks... just means the new one sucks! Or when people get into hissy catfights because THEY think one band is better then the other.
Just enjoy each of them for what they bring to the table and get over it!
I may myself enjoy spending MY time ON cam at skinvideo... but I have no qualms watching my favorite hotties on MFC. I am not going to hate them for not jumping on the SK wagon.

The thing that strikes me as odd is: a lot of cam girls do two different sites OR get bored/tired of one site & switch to another. Why would a model joining SV be any different than if she also went to Streamate or LiveJasmin?

Frankie said:
The thing that strikes me as odd is: a lot of cam girls do two different sites OR get bored/tired of one site & switch to another. Why would a model joining SV be any different than if she also went to Streamate or LiveJasmin?
Basically this:

Attachments

• HGH_Cat.jpg
    HGH_Cat.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 554
SirLes said:
thats exactly how it should be!

Have we all always been this ridiculous or is it just recently the entire MFC/cam site community became a bunch of whiny overgrown high schoolers? Seriously... I'm guilty of it and so is most everyone else lately. What happened to everyone?

(not entirely off topic, I'm commenting on the attitudes displayed in this and many other threads)

Jebbaz said:
Have we all always been this ridiculous or is it just recently the entire MFC/cam site community became a bunch of whiny overgrown high schoolers? Seriously... I'm guilty of it and so is most everyone else lately. What happened to everyone?

(not entirely off topic, I'm commenting on the attitudes displayed in this and many other threads)
YOU WITH THE SCOWL AND WRINKLED BROW! Back AWAY from the keyboard so you don't post something that comes off whiny.

In all seriousness some of the discussions here have put a lot of others on the defensive. I dunno what the deal is but I blame Jawbs and this is no exception.

My take on SkinVideo:
The site has room to grow and improvements to be made but seems to have potential due to their willingness to work with the models and stability due to a history in a different part of the same sector of e-commerce. My primary concern for SkinVideo is how they will handle the growth if their Cam section really takes off. Time will tell. My gut tells me they have a plan for moving forward but I have no clue to what level of development it might be. At the same time, things could go as the best laid plans of mice and men. At the very least, a lot of the models who have experimented or straight made the switch seem quite content for the time being.

My forecast:
In the immediate future, be happy for those who are happier in their new place. Remain cautiously optimistic going forward and try to have some fun.

Wait... I've never even seen a Jawbs post... how is it his fault?

I'm really asking, and in no way trying to be a dick.

Jebbaz said:
Wait... I've never even seen a Jawbs post... how is it his fault?

I'm really asking, and in no way trying to be a dick.
I think it's one of those jokes where no matter if they're involved, it's just always their fault. Sorta like how I always blame Mirra or Mikey for everything.

And yes, I am sick of the overly-emotionally-defensive/offensive posts on all sections of this forum lately, which has turned me into a post deleting machine. Watchoutnow.

Fatalwoman said:
Yeah, they did, but never got any reply, two members sent her emails today again, because there was no reply on previous ones.

If you send an email on the weekend you have to wait until Monday to get a response. Since Kathleen is the only person answering emails from models/members she gives herself weekends off, I can only assume to recharge from a week of non-stop action since SV is starting to really take off.

And why no payment still be sent? Weekend too? I don't want to sound rough but I really needed these money today and Kathleen said she pays on Monday mornings, but its Tuesday, midday and still nothing. Ohh well, I still believe in this site and wish it all the best.
But my question was, if you know any changes that will be done in the nearest future. I take it, you don't.

skinvideo is still taking off.. i dont think anybody expected frankie's and alex's huge promotion here and everywhere...
you can not blame them for beeing a little stunned by it and needing more time to work things out

it was just a feature they wanted to explore.. and kathleen and the tech team are working very hard to get everything done..
mfc rarely responses to what kinda email you send them.. so kathleen does an awsome job allready in my opinion, the emails i get are personal, friendly and she is always willing to help with anything.. she just takes the weekends off so she wont go insane...

Fatalwoman said:
And why no payment still be sent? Weekend too? I don't want to sound rough but I really needed these money today and Kathleen said she pays on Monday mornings, but its Tuesday, midday and still nothing. Ohh well, I still believe in this site and wish it all the best.
But my question was, if you know any changes that will be done in the nearest future. I take it, you don't.

The accountant for the site writes out checks Mondays. Then they're promptly mailed that day, and I've been getting it by Wednesday. If you use payoneer, I don't really know how that works, so I can't help you there.

Fatalwoman said:

Are you waiting for payoneer? Mine hasnt come through yet either. Last week it came earlyish tuesday, Kathleen did say she does the payment run on Monday for the previous week so I wonder if the books get done on Monday and the Payoneer sent Tuesday (not sure how long they take to process) Kind of annoying, but in time we will get used to what is the ''normal'' time I guess for it to hit the cards.

I just recently signed up for payoneer. For anyone outside the states, when using it, does it give your balance at the machine in local currency? Im not sure if it will or if I have to kind of guess in my head with exchange rate how much I can take out.

Are you waiting for payoneer? Mine hasnt come through yet either. Last week it came earlyish tuesday, Kathleen did say she does the payment run on Monday for the previous week so I wonder if the books get done on Monday and the Payoneer sent Tuesday (not sure how long they take to process) Kind of annoying, but in time we will get used to what is the ''normal'' time I guess for it to hit the cards.

I just recently signed up for payoneer. For anyone outside the states, when using it, does it give your balance at the machine in local currency? Im not sure if it will or if I have to kind of guess in my head with exchange rate how much I can take out.
Yes, I was waiting for payoneer, and 2 previour weeks I got the payment on Tuesday morning, now its the end of Tuesday already, I went to twitter and had to write there about it, they paid me immediately, which is quite strange but ok, I got the payment. So I wonder what will their normal time to pay out be, cause it must be some fixed time, i was awaiting for my payment so much because I was dying from a tooth pain and needed to go to a dentist. I didn't get on there because of this delay. And I would like to know when exactly Im paid to avoid such "surprises" in future. It is sad that Kathleen has to run it all, bigger site needs more people to deal with all these issues. Otherwise people stop trusting them... I want to believe they will manage to grow big and safe

AlexLady said:
Actually, Kathleen doesn't run it all, she's just the admin of the live cam side of the site. There are engineers, and accountants, too :)

Oh and the owner, and probably plenty of others.
well, Im glad to hear that but then, why its going on so slow if there are enough of people to work on it? Maybe just an attack of new models :lol:

Fatalwoman said:
... why its going on so slow if there are enough of people to work on it?...
Speaking as an IT guy and long-time programmer, the program improvements, server updates, and required testing, take a lot of man-hours to accomplish. It could take weeks, or even a couple months, before they even have stable code running in their development environment. Much of it depends on what their current base looks like, how many dedicated code-monkeys they have, and how much they need to alter before they can bolt on many of the features they've been asked for.

TwistedPair said:
Fatalwoman said:
... why its going on so slow if there are enough of people to work on it?...
Speaking as an IT guy and long-time programmer, the program improvements, server updates, and required testing, take a lot of man-hours to accomplish. It could take weeks, or even a couple months, before they even have stable code running in their development environment. Much of it depends on what their current base looks like, how many dedicated code-monkeys they have, and how much they need to alter before they can bolt on many of the features they've been asked for.

I understand it all, I meant the payout, why it takes so long to do payments if there is quite a bunch of people working on site. If Kathleen does payments herself, she , probably, needs some help, cause seems like it takes her much longer now, since there are much more models now. If there are helpers already, then this is what I asked about "why it takes so long". I suggested Kathleen to move the official date of payouts, for example, they count from Monday to Monday, but pay on Wednesday. This way they have time to do payments and models don't get worried about their money. Better to get money unexpectedly early than getting pissed off with too late payment. She is offline now, but hopefully she will answer me later.

Fatalwoman said:
I understand it all, I meant the payout, why it takes so long to do payments if there is quite a bunch of people working on site. If Kathleen does payments herself, she , probably, needs some help, cause seems like it takes her much longer now, since there are much more models now. If there are helpers already, then this is what I asked about "why it takes so long". I suggested Kathleen to move the official date of payouts, for example, they count from Monday to Monday, but pay on Wednesday. This way they have time to do payments and models don't get worried about their money. Better to get money unexpectedly early than getting pissed off with too late payment. She is offline now, but hopefully she will answer me later.

No no she doesn't do the payments, the accountant does them. Kathleen is just the one who admins, contacts us, and works as the middle-man between us and the accountants or engineers/site owner/coders/etc.

Once they offer direct deposits I'm sure things will be faster - but it still takes days for direct deposits to be processed by our banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.