AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skype shows payment?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adara_raider

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 2, 2018
Europe
Twitter Username
@adararaider
Hey:)I had this guy ask me on Twitter if I can do a Skype show for an decent amount, and I've read here that the safest way to get paid, is in tokens. He does have a cb account but Said that: PayPal is safe if you send as a Gift and not a service. And that my identity will be safe as well if I don't use a business account + using a cash method it's less fees...hmmm is this trustworthy? I never talked to this guy before and Said that I'd feel more safe just getting paid in tokens in advance. never done a skype show before so hope to get some advice:)

PayPal has a lot of problems with it when it comes to adult industry content, and they can shut down your account and you lose all funds as I understand it. Also, what happens if someone contests a purchase via PP? You're SoL since it's adult content, and you have no ability to contest their claims.

If business is generated on the cam site, use the payment on the camsite. It protects you from possible loss of income via PayPal, Google Pay, and other methods which prohibit such things. It's also good business with the camsite, since it was generated there.

Don't use paypal. Some people do and they try to skirt the rules but it is not adult friendly. If they find out your using it for adult services they will not only shut down that account but also any personal accounts that are linked to your address. I also thought they could see your name for some reason but its been a long time since ive used them.

I would usually recommend getindiebill.com and while ive never had any issues with them personally there are some girls that seem to be getting their payments late. They are adult friendly, guys don't have to sign up for accounts, they cover charge backs and pay out 85%.

Other than that you could check out cammodeldirectory.com. You have to sign up and be verified by them. If just a quick skype call to say hey and make sure you are who you say you are....nothing naked or sexy, and it usually a lady that does the verifications. They have a crooked clients list that you need to check before accepting payment from anyone (just put there skype id in) to help prevent charge backs. They pay out 75% for the first $500 then 80% for everything over that and that resets every month.

PayPal is NEVER safe for us to use. Ever ever ever. Fuck what he said.

I also use indiebill, so I second that! CMD is also a great option as a place with its own traffic for skype shows, but I use indiebill when I am directing my own clients where to pay for shows.

He does have a cb account but Said that: PayPal is safe if you send as a Gift and not a service

Has a camsite account but wants to use PayPal? Red flag. Also, PayPal is never safe, that's a lie.

? I never talked to this guy before
Red flag.
I had this guy ask me on Twitter if I can do a Skype show for an decent amount,

If the amount seems overly generous - red flag. If it's hella lowballing - red flag.

Conclusion: this dude's a scammer, BLOCK.

Don't use paypal. Some people do and they try to skirt the rules but it is not adult friendly. If they find out your using it for adult services they will not only shut down that account but also any personal accounts that are linked to your address. I also thought they could see your name for some reason but its been a long time since ive used them.

I would usually recommend getindiebill.com and while ive never had any issues with them personally there are some girls that seem to be getting their payments late. They are adult friendly, guys don't have to sign up for accounts, they cover charge backs and pay out 85%.

Other than that you could check out cammodeldirectory.com. You have to sign up and be verified by them. If just a quick skype call to say hey and make sure you are who you say you are....nothing naked or sexy, and it usually a lady that does the verifications. They have a crooked clients list that you need to check before accepting payment from anyone (just put there skype id in) to help prevent charge backs. They pay out 75% for the first $500 then 80% for everything over that and that resets every month.

Ok, thanks alot! :) Just curious about How paypal can find out about that?

PayPal is NEVER safe for us to use. Ever ever ever. Fuck what he said.

I also use indiebill, so I second that! CMD is also a great option as a place with its own traffic for skype shows, but I use indiebill when I am directing my own clients where to pay for shows.

Thank You! I Signed up with them and told the guy but he didn't want to pay like that because it's "an adult site" and don't want to pay fees...lol it's not that much anyway!

• Wat?!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Has a camsite account but wants to use PayPal? Red flag. Also, PayPal is never safe, that's a lie.

Red flag.

If the amount seems overly generous - red flag. If it's hella lowballing - red flag.

Conclusion: this dude's a scammer, BLOCK.

Yes I really felt in my gut, the whole thing was weird...even though he said he could pay in advance. Just get so desperate cause I don't earn much...Blocked :)

Ok, thanks alot! :) Just curious about How paypal can find out about that?
Its been 8 or so years since I used PP bc my account got shut down. At that time I was using the same address as my SO and when my account got shut down for taking payments (yes, I was breaking the rules... there wasn't as many options back then though) his account was also shut down. His had never been used for any adult services and he had had it for like 10 years at that point, just using it for ebay and stuff. Now neither of us can have a PP account.

Indiebill shows up in their charges using a discreet and entirely separate billing name, they don't share what it is publicly because that would defeat the purpose, but it does not say anything that would reveal it is an adult transaction.

Guys who push you to use PayPal know what they are doing and will report your account, which will get it shut down, funds frozen, and you will never be able to open an account with them again. They might also freeze any account they think is connected to yours.

Its been 8 or so years since I used PP bc my account got shut down. At that time I was using the same address as my SO and when my account got shut down for taking payments (yes, I was breaking the rules... there wasn't as many options back then though) his account was also shut down. His had never been used for any adult services and he had had it for like 10 years at that point, just using it for ebay and stuff. Now neither of us can have a PP account.

Sorry to hear that! That just really sucks! There are so many other options to use so I will def never use Paypal

Indiebill shows up in their charges using a discreet and entirely separate billing name, they don't share what it is publicly because that would defeat the purpose, but it does not say anything that would reveal it is an adult transaction.

Guys who push you to use PayPal know what they are doing and will report your account, which will get it shut down, funds frozen, and you will never be able to open an account with them again. They might also freeze any account they think is connected to yours.
Shit that 's scary :O thanks for all the info! just wanna both laugh and cry about what These idiots are capable of doing..jesus christ, like get a life xD

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Also, if you haven't seen the posts on it, be very aware of the Amazon gift card scam. I forget the specifics of it. But, it's a screenshot or image of a card or credit if I recall. There's a couple of threads on it, and I think one of the models here didn't realize it until it was too late.

Also, if you haven't seen the posts on it, be very aware of the Amazon gift card scam. I forget the specifics of it. But, it's a screenshot or image of a card or credit if I recall. There's a couple of threads on it, and I think one of the models here didn't realize it until it was too late.
Thanks! I've never used that either and curious about how it works.

I was curious about skype and pricing as well! :shy: It's always so hard for me to turn down PP payments because of course I don't want to loose money, but I always think of how much worse it would feel to do free work and get scammed so i'll be giving indiebill a shot too.

It's so hard to find pay services besides PP when you live in Canada. :(

If you're using Amazon as payment, apply the card to your account and spend it before doing a show/sending videos/whatever. I usually have a few things saved in my cart that I've been wanting, so it makes it really quick for me to just pop the value of the cards in my cart, spend, and boom, payment locked in. If someone wants to buy something with a wishlist purchase - don't give them ANYTHING until that item is in your hand.

If you're using Amazon as payment, apply the card to your account and spend it before doing a show/sending videos/whatever. I usually have a few things saved in my cart that I've been wanting, so it makes it really quick for me to just pop the value of the cards in my cart, spend, and boom, payment locked in. If someone wants to buy something with a wishlist purchase - don't give them ANYTHING until that item is in your hand.

A little off topic but- if you apply the gift card to your account but don't use it right away, is it safe, like a deposit? Or can they still use it/return it/whatever other scam type action?

Reactions: Adara_raider
A little off topic but- if you apply the gift card to your account but don't use it right away, is it safe, like a deposit? Or can they still use it/return it/whatever other scam type action?

They can still get it back so spend it asap.

Reactions: Adara_raider
I have been permantly blocked by PayPal because of this issue, after years i managed to make another account with a different email AND different bank account lol i only accept this payment method from my regulars whom i trust, otherwise, no way. Members like to get a free show so after they pay you, you do the show, and they ask paypal for a refund. I wouldnt recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.