AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Speaker and Mic Position

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaffronBurke

Cam Model
Jan 3, 2013
Pluto
Twitter Username
@Sweet_Saffron
Tumblr Username
saffronburke
MFC Username
SaffronBurke
Streamate Username
SaffronBurke
Chaturbate Username
SaffronBurke
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/62613/Saffron
I like having music playing when I'm on cam for two reasons - one, I like music, and two, as a noise barrier to mask my voice from my housemates and to mask housemate noise from my microphone (mostly bathroom trips, there's a toilet on the other side of the wall from my computer).

However, I keep getting complaints that people can't hear my voice over my "loud music", when I have it at a moderate volume (20, usually), and in order to make myself heard, I need to turn it down so far that it's pointless to even have it on.

I use my built-in mic on my laptop because my 9000 and C920 both have problems cutting in and out when I speak, and I use external speakers that came with a desktop. I initially had my speakers sitting on either side of my monitor (I dual-screen), facing me - too loud. I moved the left speaker behind my laptop, placing it on a table next to my desk. Still too loud. Turn the left speaker to face left, and the right one facing right, still too loud.

Does anyone have some info on where exactly my speakers should be in relation to the mic so that people can hear me and my music can be at an effective volume?

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I also really like music playing to get me in the mood and mask housemate sounds. I play music off of separate speakers that connect to my phone that is usually on the bed facing away from me. I find that this is far enough away from the mic on my cam to where I can still be heard. I would guess that the mic on your laptop is just designed to pick up sound from far away (as opposed to like a phone mic which is used in close proximity)

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I also really like music playing to get me in the mood and mask housemate sounds. I play music off of separate speakers that connect to my phone that is usually on the bed facing away from me. I find that this is far enough away from the mic on my cam to where I can still be heard. I would guess that the mic on your laptop is just designed to pick up sound from far away (as opposed to like a phone mic which is used in close proximity)

I may have to invest in speakers for my phone, then, if that works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.