AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

I need serious help with streamate. I broadcast tonight through my browser. There was all this stuff about how you could use an encoder etc? Should I be doing this.. What is it and how does it work.

My cam already looked AMAZING on the in browser broadcaster on sm like 1000x better than mfc but if I can make it even better id love to!

Thanks guys!

You're not required to use any encoder, but your placement will be boosted by a lot if you do, and your feed will often be even smoother. On the rankings page, it will always say that you aren't broadcasting in HD or with sound if you are only using your browser, even if you are using the HD settings and absolutely have your mic on.

There are two programs that Streamate recommends, both discussed here. FMLE is finicky and a bit of work to set up the first time. SMBroadcast is a little more user-friendly, you calibrate it the first time that you use it and after that, you just open it and you're ready to go. SMBroadcast gives you a bigger placement boost, but you absolutely NEED a minimum of 2mbs for your upload speed in order for it to work smoothly, or you will have lag city while streaming. If you're not sure what the upload speed that you currently have is, check it at speedtest.net. If you're getting under 2, or right around 2, upgrade your internet package if possible, and use FMLE if not.

Upvote 0
You're not required to use any encoder, but your placement will be boosted by a lot if you do, and your feed will often be even smoother. On the rankings page, it will always say that you aren't broadcasting in HD or with sound if you are only using your browser, even if you are using the HD settings and absolutely have your mic on.

There are two programs that Streamate recommends, both discussed here. FMLE is finicky and a bit of work to set up the first time. SMBroadcast is a little more user-friendly, you calibrate it the first time that you use it and after that, you just open it and you're ready to go. SMBroadcast gives you a bigger placement boost, but you absolutely NEED a minimum of 2mbs for your upload speed in order for it to work smoothly, or you will have lag city while streaming. If you're not sure what the upload speed that you currently have is, check it at speedtest.net. If you're getting under 2, or right around 2, upgrade your internet package if possible, and use FMLE if not.
Thank you sooo much! My upload speed is around 14 mbps so I am going to check out the sm broadcast!

I am used to mfc but it has been slow and wanted to broaden my horizons but it's a bit confusing at first!!

I clicked hd cam in my browser but it was so laggy and not awesome and then i saw all these other options and was like "wut?"

Upvote 0
Thank you sooo much! My upload speed is around 14 mbps so I am going to check out the sm broadcast!

I am used to mfc but it has been slow and wanted to broaden my horizons but it's a bit confusing at first!!

I clicked hd cam in my browser but it was so laggy and not awesome and then i saw all these other options and was like "wut?"

You're welcome! The site itself isn't good at explaining things, good thing this forum exists!

Streamate is such a different feel, it can definitely be a little daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it, a lot of models who've tried both prefer SM over MFC.

Upvote 0
You're welcome! The site itself isn't good at explaining things, good thing this forum exists!

Streamate is such a different feel, it can definitely be a little daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it, a lot of models who've tried both prefer SM over MFC.
Yes this forum is my saviour on the regular lol.

The site really didn't have a lot of helpful info at all!

I enjoyed my experience tonight and I'll be glad to get on with a better feed tomorrow. I got taken private for 10 minutes within the first 30 mins of being on! So I think it could be more lucrative for me! I am really into domme stuff but don't find it sells as well on mfc but found a lot of interest in it right away on streamate!

Upvote 0
One more question.
When I created my account on streamate about two weeks ago I entered my payment information.

It still says at the top of my payment page that "changes are pending approval by the accounting department." im supposed to get my first payout this period however im assuming if they don't approve it that won't happen.

Any idea how I can get that process mvoed along? Stressing a little over here.. There stuff takes so long!!

Upvote 0
I need serious help with streamate. I broadcast tonight through my browser. There was all this stuff about how you could use an encoder etc? Should I be doing this.. What is it and how does it work.

My cam already looked AMAZING on the in browser broadcaster on sm like 1000x better than mfc but if I can make it even better id love to!

Thanks guys!

Use the SM broadcaster. It's easy, in my opinion, to use and bumps up your placement.

Upvote 0
I just tried to download the SM broadcaster. My anti-virus software keeps saying it detects malware in the application. It keeps quarantining the broadcaster. When I try to restore it, it just quarantines it again. Wth? Does anyone know what might be going on? I've downloaded it before with no problem, but obviously deleted it.

Upvote 0
I just tried to download the SM broadcaster. My anti-virus software keeps saying it detects malware in the application. It keeps quarantining the broadcaster. When I try to restore it, it just quarantines it again. Wth? Does anyone know what might be going on? I've downloaded it before with no problem, but obviously deleted it.

Reactions: ArielFox
Upvote 0
Damn. Well, at least I know what the problem is. Thank you so much Guy. Now, let's see how long it takes for support to email me back :haha::haha::haha:
Yeah good luck with that been waiting for them to approve my payment info for two weeks... Emailed them 4 days ago...

• Hugs
Reactions: Guy
Upvote 0
One more question.
When I created my account on streamate about two weeks ago I entered my payment information.

It still says at the top of my payment page that "changes are pending approval by the accounting department." im supposed to get my first payout this period however im assuming if they don't approve it that won't happen.

Any idea how I can get that process mvoed along? Stressing a little over here.. There stuff takes so long!!

I do know that on my payment page it said the same thing almost right up until I got my first payout. ("changes are pending approval by the accounting department.") I get paid by Payoneer or FirstChoice. So, even though it said that at the top, it still said my Payoneer account was linked and approved. I was a little worried about that as well, but I got paid on time. I'm not sure what payment method you use, but maybe it's a similar situation?

Upvote 0
I do know that on my payment page it said the same thing almost right up until I got my first payout. ("changes are pending approval by the accounting department.") I get paid by Payoneer or FirstChoice. So, even though it said that at the top, it still said my Payoneer account was linked and approved. I was a little worried about that as well, but I got paid on time. I'm not sure what payment method you use, but maybe it's a similar situation?
I use the check in the mail method.. I'm hoping it approves before payout. :|

Reactions: ArielFox
Upvote 0
I need help ladies.
So I tried to use SM broadcaster last night and I kept getting an error of it couldn't find a quality enough setting to broadcast.
I have great internet speed, computer and camera so I really don't get why it didn't work.

So I switch to the external fmle encoder which worked okay (I thought) except for the fact I couldn't see my full vid stream at the same time as the chat which was a little annoying.

However after I went offline I watched the recording of my show and my audio was lagging so far behind my video I can't believe no one told me!

How can i fix these issues?!
Using the encoder really improved my placement but is useless if my feed actually shit when you watch it.

Why is their broadcasting so complicated :(

TL:DR sm broadcaster didn't work for me how can I get around this? Fmle encoder lagged my audio how do I fix this?

Upvote 0
Soo I notice on some gals the biopic is what we picked. And other times it's a preview of the live stream. How do we turn this option off/on?

Upvote 0
Soo I notice on some gals the biopic is what we picked. And other times it's a preview of the live stream. How do we turn this option off/on?
Email support and ask for a static profile pic.

Upvote 0
This is one thing i've wondered, is, say i have the same username on everything (which so far i do lol) if a streammate member tried to get outside info and i secretly did want them to follow me on twitter, if they asked for it could i get away with saying "can't give it to you cause its against the rules but i have the same name on everything ;)" and get away with it? lol! obviously out loud and not typed.

Upvote 0
This is one thing i've wondered, is, say i have the same username on everything (which so far i do lol) if a streammate member tried to get outside info and i secretly did want them to follow me on twitter, if they asked for it could i get away with saying "can't give it to you cause its against the rules but i have the same name on everything ;)" and get away with it? lol! obviously out loud and not typed.
Personallyyyyy, I wouldn't. Because it is kinda saying it. I would just say it's against the rules to give that information. If a guy can't figure it out after that, he's just stupid *shrug*

Upvote 0

I simply say I cannot answer that question, it is against the rules. All you can do is hope they have some sense to google.

Upvote 0

A model on the forum has been suspended before for saying "just Google me", so I would be veeery careful with that. I just say "exchanging offsite info is against the rules, I can't tell you that".

Frankly, if someone wants to follow me on Twitter and can't just go over to the Google machine and type in "Saffron Burke Twitter", I probably don't want them following me anyway. I don't have time to be spoon-feeding people everything.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I'm sorry if this was asked elsewhere but if so I missed it. I contacted support as well and have yet to receive an answer.

Where are my TOTAL EARNINGS on Streamate? I just can't find them! I can find 'earnings history' that gives me my total earnings for a given week, but where I can find the total earnings being held on my account?

Do I have to calculate my earnings when I want to cash out myself??? like "ok so I made $86.56 two weeks ago, then $170 the next week, and then this week I made $95...." just so I can find a number to cash out? I'm so confused.

Right now it's only showing me my earnings for this week, as if my earnings last week never happened. I'm really concerned...:(

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I'm sorry if this was asked elsewhere but if so I missed it. I contacted support as well and have yet to receive an answer.

Where are my TOTAL EARNINGS on Streamate? I just can't find them! I can find 'earnings history' that gives me my total earnings for a given week, but where I can find the total earnings being held on my account?

Do I have to calculate my earnings when I want to cash out myself??? like "ok so I made $86.56 two weeks ago, then $170 the next week, and then this week I made $95...." just so I can find a number to cash out? I'm so confused.

Right now it's only showing me my earnings for this week, as if my earnings last week never happened. I'm really concerned...:(
your earning for the entire week are shown on the main page of your dashboard right at the top.
you dont have to cash out they payout weekly to your chosen method (unless you didn't make enough then they hold it til the next week and you just check hat you made those two weeks and add it together)

cut off is midnight GMT (5 pm pst where i live) on saturdays.
it then takes a few days to process and then you are paid out.
they would be processing your earning from last week right now and will pay you out next week.
so you dont see a "total forever earnings"
because their pay periods run sun - sat then they pay out and you start back at 0.
if you look in your payment history it should say when they have paid you out.

Upvote 0
Thank you, that was very helpful!

One more question. Does Streamate have any type of chatbots/helpers like MFC does? It feels SO limiting in this regard! I don't need the crazy games MFC/Chaturbate has, but I would like a helper to at least write more messages/do so frequently :(

Upvote 0
Thank you, that was very helpful!

One more question. Does Streamate have any type of chatbots/helpers like MFC does? It feels SO limiting in this regard! I don't need the crazy games MFC/Chaturbate has, but I would like a helper to at least write more messages/do so frequently :(
No anyway I don't find games are really something that would go over well on sm?
I've never tried but doesn't seem like the game place.

The only thing you can really do is save messages. You can type a message and not send it then click the little save button and it will add a number to the top of the chat you add it to, paid free guest etc. Then you just click the number and it sends the message.

Upvote 0