AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

How do i get my ratings up faster so i can do gold shows?

Hi jessica,
If you spend the recommended amount of time online, get private sessions, and good ratings after those sessions -- Gold Show permission is given automatically. Asking your customers for good ratings is totally fair, and smart business.

Upvote 0
2 noob-ish questions.

1) the no animals rule, obviously (or at least I hope so) I'm not trying to do sexy stuff with my cat but, am I SOL if the little bugger jumps in frame?
2) Age verification, does the name on my ID have to match the name I gave Streamate? as in do I have to give streamate my real name when I sign up?

Upvote 0
2 noob-ish questions.

1) the no animals rule, obviously (or at least I hope so) I'm not trying to do sexy stuff with my cat but, am I SOL if the little bugger jumps in frame?
2) Age verification, does the name on my ID have to match the name I gave Streamate? as in do I have to give streamate my real name when I sign up?

1. If possible, have the cat in another room. It's unlikely that someone will report you if they see the cat jump in frame and you immediately shoo it away, however.

2. You must give your legal name to any site you sign up on. There's a field for that, as well as a field for your performer name, on the sign up form. This will not be visible to anyone and is for legal purposes.

• Helpful!
Reactions: newbbgurl
Upvote 0
2 noob-ish questions.

1 yep. That can get you in trouble. I have a model friend who got a brief suspension when their cat jumped on cam. Best thing to do is baracde your animals out. Cam in a room with a door.

2 yep. This is a real business, and for legal and tax reasons SM needs the name that appears on you ID. All that shit is confidential.

Upvote 0
i dont believe for 10 seconds that anyone on streamate is making 10g's a week so what's a realistic amount that a camgirl should expect to make on that site?

what's a realistic amount that an african american bbw should expect to make on that site?

Realistically, when I applied myself, I was making $1500 a week, and was 3rd row. There were times I'd do camathons and make $1k in 24 hours at that rank. I fully believe some of the top row girls who do huge shifts can make something akin to that amount on a good week. Maybe it's an overestimation, but it's definitely in the realm of possibility.

There's African American BBWs on the front page, in similar ranks to me, so I'd hazard a guess that if you put in the hours, and market yourself properly, you could make $30-$60 an hour, and potentially more.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!
I'm new to all of this and I was curious to know how long it took for you (nobody in particular) to get in the first few rows on SM? How long did it take for you to get regulars? and how long did it take to get a substantial amount of favourites/tags/comments?

I'm going into my second week, and it's very hard for me to have certain specified times/hours because my day-job schedule is rotating (I'll be talking to them about that today...) so I feel very bad for the people who already come to see me and wonder where I have been because I currently don't have set hours where I will be able to host a show!

THANKS SO MUCH!

Upvote 0
Generally speaking it takes working about 30 hours a week to make it to the front page of SM (if you do something silly like I did, letting you're new model status expire and then working from page 7 to page 1). I think I made it to bottom/ middle of page 1 in about a month and a half at a 30 hour a week schedule and then it took about 3 more months to make it to the top 3 lines. Some other ladies made it there much faster, I'm sure.
Having a set schedule does help you move up a bit faster, but that's only because then you can develop regs more easily because they know when to find you, which in turn makes your $$$ per hour more consistent, which is part of the matrix to where you appear on the page.
On SM tech is a HUGE factor to your placement as well, when I started using the recommended software for broadcasting it shot me up three rows.
HINT: If you are interested in appearing higher on the page you might try doing shifts in non peak hours when their are fewer models online. But just note, placement isn't the end all be all, money in the door is, so don't get too focused on where you are on the page.

Upvote 0
It took me like 6 months to get up there. Have no idea how I did it. I just worked consistently. Oh and you don't need to be 1st row to be making money. My placement has lowered a couple rows, and I'm still making money no problem. Build up regs, keep a regular schedule, equipment is upgraded, your upload is the tits, you use encoder/smbroadcaster, i7 processor, good lighting, and personality.

Start asking for favs, ratings, comments, and tags. Don't just wait for them, tell them to do it. Men tend to throw their computers away it seems like when they are done masturbating. Majority dont say goodbye. Remind them to rate in the beginning. You can remove poor ratings if they are justified by emailing support.

Echoing working non peek hours. I woke up a 6 am for almost a year to build up my placement. When it was finally where i wanted it, I started working the hours I wanted to.

Stop watching models. Don't check your placement. Don't even worry about it. I used to cry when I was stuck on page 5 and I would see these front page girls EASILY making money. When I stopped watching them, my attitude changed, and I started earning more!

Upvote 0
Yes, they are whitelabels, so they are exact copies of sm, BUT! If you like a model, sign up through her cam model link (her user name).cammodels.com. Then she gets 70% of what you spend on her and 20% of what you spend site wide.
Why does SM consider that white label to be special?

Upvote 0
Why does SM consider that white label to be special?
It's like a model/customer referral/affiliate program. You spend on her she gets an extra 35%. But if you spend on other models she get's 20%. I have no idea why that's a thing when all other whitelabels get a flat 35%

• Helpful!
Reactions: aurakitty
Upvote 0
HEY QUESTION!!
I'm on SM and there's this "no bestiality" rule (which is totally fair!) and I've read on the forums that a few girls have been called out for even mentioning it or humouring a client..
But what about those super cute fox tail plugs? I really want one but are they considered a big "no-no" as well? I figured they would be more of an "animal anime cute girl" sort of situation opposed to bestiality related, but I need to make sure it's okay before I go out and get one and use it on cam!

Upvote 0
Let me first state the difference between classic and party chat, classic chat is when members or guests can chat directly to the model, and they don't see or communicate with other guests or members, so it's more private and one on one.

Party chat is similar to public chat like on MFC or chaturbate, where it is a chatroom and members can see and talk to one another, as well as the model, the only difference on streamate though is that the model still can't be fully nude unless she is either in a paid private show, or a Gold show.

A Gold show is an option available to only the top rated models, with high quality cams, and that have worked on the site for a certain amount of time. In order to start a Gold show, the model has to be in party chat already, and would usually do this if her room get's busy.

So she has a group show advertised, sets a total amount as her goal that she wants to make in order to start the show, states what she will be doing during the show and for how long, also sets an amount for viewers to bid in, she also specifies how much time is left for viewers to pay to access the show.

Once the time is up, she has the option of starting the show regardless of whether she reached her goal, and the viewers that paid in would have access to the gold show, while all others would be kicked out, although viewers still would be able to pay to enter the show once it has started.

It is a great way for models to make more money than they would in a normal private show in classic chat.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
What's the difference between gold show and party chat?

Gold shows, you pay a flat rate for a show of a certain duration, like going to the movies. Premium or Exclusive chats are pay-by-the-minute. Party chat is just the free chat option where members can see other members' chat, as opposed to everybody's chat being hidden from each other. Party chat doesn't involve explicit shows, it's just the "lobby" before you go into a gold show or paid show.

Upvote 0
Hi Girls, i am not new to streamate, been there for a while now, i started offering anal right away when i was new but you know, it's so time consuming to get prepare before i cam, i am getting tired of guys coming in my exclusive for 2 mins demanding it real fast, so i am thinking of not offering it anymore, can some of you gals rocking things up on SM tell me if i stop doing anal will i lose $$$ or are there enough guys who do not want this type of game? Thanks xx

Upvote 0
Thank God for that topic! I am at MFC and thinking each day of that terrible camscore...I need to try SM now...

Upvote 0
I used to work on streamate, and when I took a break from camming I trained girls for it! It was my main site, I still love it a lot but it has gotten to the point where I cannot work on private type sites! In my experience on streamate:
1. If a members wants to tale you private he will,if not you can stay on ur hear while flipping pancakes with ur feet and he will not take you private.
2. In the first couple of days/weeks, depending on the model, members come and go, they are adding you to the fav list but still wanna wait a bit to find out how ur rep will be, a lot of members add you to the fav list(those little hearts you have on your profile page) and after a day/two/ten they check out your profile to find out what your rating is, if you have positive/negative comments and so on. So my advice would be to always be nice.
3. Gold shows are ok for newbiew on stream,because they help with the set up in the site,but never abuse them. If you do too many gs you might show off as a cheap model, one who sells herself lower just out of desperation.
4. Smile,Tease,Talk to people. Than start all over again, I always taught the girls to never stand too still, or if they have a bad day and cannot tease talk your mouth off. Be an entertainer.
5. Use the note option. Even if a member just tells you hi's name and maybe where he is from. I always used it, and it happened to me multiple times that a member liked me, we spoken for a bit, I noted all that was important about him(age,country,name,job etc) he had some internet/pc issues couldn't come visit me for a while because ...x reasons and when he finally did he was amazed I actually remembered at least his name...

As for the dirty talk...just say whatever you feel like, I used to visualize what I would like a guy do to me, and start from there. From the kissing,the touching,the moving etc.

I hope this will help someone.
Very useful! Though long time ago:*

Upvote 0
Hi Girls, i am not new to streamate, been there for a while now, i started offering anal right away when i was new but you know, it's so time consuming to get prepare before i cam, i am getting tired of guys coming in my exclusive for 2 mins demanding it real fast, so i am thinking of not offering it anymore, can some of you gals rocking things up on SM tell me if i stop doing anal will i lose $$$ or are there enough guys who do not want this type of game? Thanks xx
Just don't do it. I did anal for like,2 years and said, fuck it, I'm out. I make twice as much as I did then. Don't do it if you don't want to, sometimes turning down a show can make you more money #fact.

Upvote 0

I don't do anal and I don't feel like I'm missing out on a drastic amount of money big enough to ever make it worth it for me when I don't want to do it. If you don't want to stop completely and just want to make it worth your time only offer it in block sessions in exclusive

Upvote 0
Thak you girls :h:, i am going to stop offering anal on SM i am really tired of it lol, and if someone really wants to he can book me though LCMS and pay double for that :D

Just don't do it. I did anal for like,2 years and said, fuck it, I'm out. I make twice as much as I did then. Don't do it if you don't want to, sometimes turning down a show can make you more money #fact.

I don't do anal and I don't feel like I'm missing out on a drastic amount of money big enough to ever make it worth it for me when I don't want to do it. If you don't want to stop completely and just want to make it worth your time only offer it in block sessions in exclusive

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Upvote 0
Hey,

When I do a premium show, does the 30 second no-pay rule still apply? Seems like everyone and their mother can come in and out of my show and not pay a dime, while I'm naked and masturbating. WTF Streammate?

Upvote 0
Hey,

When I do a premium show, does the 30 second no-pay rule still apply? Seems like everyone and their mother can come in and out of my show and not pay a dime, while I'm naked and masturbating. WTF Streammate?

Yes, it applies to both Premium and Exclusive shows.

Upvote 0
Then why would ANYONE do a premium, I'm lost. I lose more money on the dozen customers who are no longer going to pay to see me naked, because they just did for 25 seconds for free.

I put my premium on max prices and kept exclusive the same. That's so annoying.

Upvote 0
Then why would ANYONE do a premium, I'm lost. I lose more money on the dozen customers who are no longer going to pay to see me naked, because they just did for 25 seconds for free.

I put my premium on max prices and kept exclusive the same. That's so annoying.

Idk about many guys who can get a fulfilling,fun show,get requests done and cum in 30 seconds. I generally tease the first few seconds and don't start masturbating/getting naked immediately. I pretty much ask what the person wants me to do in the show/ask how they are and by the time that's done you can weed out who's actually there for the show or who's trying to leave at 30 seconds or who decided that they don't want to be there anymore for whatever reason etc. If I see the same guys popping in and out of a show more than once and leaving before 30 seconds in one private I just block them and never deal with them again.

Upvote 0
Thak you girls :h:, i am going to stop offering anal on SM i am really tired of it lol, and if someone really wants to he can book me though LCMS and pay double for that :D

Also, yes, absolutely. My rate varies from "normal" to 50% to 200%. I try to cater to fetishes, so I do my be nice and explain the truth - if it's a rough fetish, I will explain it's emotionally taxing on me (not exactly something I can hop back online after and make more money, no?), I've done anal less than a dozen times in my life, maybe less than a half dozen on cam, so I honestly explain it's very, very tight, and requires extra love and care ;)

Reactions: Venxs
Upvote 0