AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

I'm signed up on streamate and MFC.
So far I like MFC a little better because I have ever constant traffic but how do you get a constant crowd on sm?

If you want a constant/big crowd, public sites are your best bet. Be aware that if you are under a "new member" status, this could be why you have lots of people. On SM, I really wouldn't worry so much about traffic. Only registered users show up, so you have no idea who else may be in there otherwise (esp if you don't have the free chat window up). Often I only have 3-8 members in my room, but they are actually paying, so that to me is far more valuable!! I had tried chaturbate for a month when I first started, and I literally make 5-10x the amount on SM with a handful of users in my room compared to *hundreds* of users on charurbate.

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Upvote 0
Hi everyone!
I'm new to all of this and I was curious to know how long it took for you (nobody in particular) to get in the first few rows on SM? How long did it take for you to get regulars? and how long did it take to get a substantial amount of favourites/tags/comments?

I'm going into my second week, and it's very hard for me to have certain specified times/hours because my day-job schedule is rotating (I'll be talking to them about that today...) so I feel very bad for the people who already come to see me and wonder where I have been because I currently don't have set hours where I will be able to host a show!

THANKS SO MUCH!

I started on SM back in April, but quit due to personal reasons about 2 months in. I was generally on the 3rd or 4th page. I have just started back up a few weeks ago and was about page 6-7 starting, but now I am consistently on the first page. I think your ranking is HIGHLY dependent on your streaming quality. I had upgraded my computer to the recommended specs (before I was using much lower specs, but still did very well), use a wired connection, get on randomly, and use the FMLE encoder with CamTwist. I have only been logging in about 4-6hrs/week. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about ranking. As long as you are producing a decent stream and don't look bored af, you should be good.

With that said, I am aware that I fit a specific fetish (curvy, Asian), and I have no idea how much that contributes.

Upvote 0
I think your ranking is HIGHLY dependent on your streaming quality.
This is true. When I upgraded to an i7 processor from an i5 my placement went up a whole page 3 years ago. Streamate wants the best quality cams at top. Very recently I upgraded my i7 to a newer version and my placement went up a little more.

Upvote 0
It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!
So I am a new model and not able to do Gold shows yet. Because of this the live shows that I do are paid chats and after about 5 minutes it kicks my guests off and starts a 30 second countdown for a new show, does anyone know if there is a way I can extend the length of my paid chat shows?

Upvote 0
So I am a new model and not able to do Gold shows yet. Because of this the live shows that I do are paid chats and after about 5 minutes it kicks my guests off and starts a 30 second countdown for a new show, does anyone know if there is a way I can extend the length of my paid chat shows?

Sounds like your guests are leaving after about 5 minutes, rather than being kicked off. Streamate does not end shows early unless there is an error such as disconnection or the guest running out of funds. Short shows happen a lot, especially at first while you are developing your customer base--you will find regulars who will consistently take you private for longer sessions over time. But, otherwise there are some things you can do to try to keep the viewer(s) in for longer. For example, you can draw out stripping/teasing to increase anticipation and be seductive. If you use toys, start with playing without and then wait to introduce them.

Unfortunately some dudes simply just cum quickly, so it will always be short, or often, they will wait to take you private until they are right about to cum. Short shows aren't bad--they can be a little frustrating/annoying, but I find they are a lot easier and less taxing so I don't get worn out as quickly. Keep in mind that GOLD shows typically aren't longer than 6-10 min (looking at top performers on the site)--you do not get paid per minute, just a flat entry fee per guest, plus if they tip extra (which is completely optional).

Upvote 0
Hello! I am brand new to the forum. Tax season is coming up and I had like a million questions and I couldn't find much info on sm website. I saw there was a thread in the members only section. I realize now becoming a member was not enough, which is okay, def not complaining. How many posts do I have to do to get access? and is there more I have to do? TIA

Upvote 0
what's a realistic amount that an african american bbw should expect to make on that site?

I hope you got your answer to this and is doing well now because I'm wondering the same thing. I joined SM because of the category section that is supposed to give you a better audience than compared to MFC and I guess weed out racists and fat shamers. Also no cam score but idk...

Upvote 0
Resources

Hey ladies! I'm loving this new position. I have specific areas in mind I want to learn about. Right now specifically dirty talking, how did ya'll learn yourselves? Books? Movies? What was your favorite way?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Literotica! And just describing things, look at the language the member uses and mirror it, it feels cringy to start with but soon it becomes the norm!

Upvote 0
On Pay:

It's kind of useless coming here and asking what xyz can expect to earn. There are MANY threads under Streamate sub category where we post our earnings. I would look at the poster's profiles and see if there is a trend. Sometimes there is not. If they are an outlier then go watch their rooms and see what they are doing, and what they are NOT doing. Then log on and try your best anyway with that knowledge. Somebody here once said "expect to earn nothing to everything". It's so true. YOU are unique. Another asian female that has my same size and stats and is from US may not earn what I do. There are intangibles about cam that make us or break us. The only way to find out is to try yourself.

Be the best you can be! Do your makeup well. Dress well. Other than that, be yourself. Genuinity works. It sells.

GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0
@TICham what @Luxy Reid said. Just like all the other sites, your earnings are hard to predict.
You could take a look at Streamate's past contests to see how people similar to you (both physically and personality) place. I feel like that's an okay indicator of generally how well a certain person might do on a site.
Unfortunately, nothing's been effective thus far in keeping fuckmushrooms from saying stupid shit to us. But the banning feature on SM works pretty well. Plus those dudes can't watch your show after being banned just by watching from a lounge, logging out, or changing their IP.

Upvote 0
On Pay:

It's kind of useless coming here and asking what xyz can expect to earn. There are MANY threads under Streamate sub category where we post our earnings. I would look at the poster's profiles and see if there is a trend. Sometimes there is not. If they are an outlier then go watch their rooms and see what they are doing, and what they are NOT doing. Then log on and try your best anyway with that knowledge. Somebody here once said "expect to earn nothing to everything". It's so true. YOU are unique. Another asian female that has my same size and stats and is from US may not earn what I do. There are intangibles about cam that make us or break us. The only way to find out is to try yourself.

Be the best you can be! Do your makeup well. Dress well. Other than that, be yourself. Genuinity works. It sells.

GOOD LUCK!

its suprising how consistently people always ask this question smh but posts like this! love love

• Hugs
Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
Upvote 0
i am brand new to SM and just got verified so i'm thankful for this thread!
For some reason I get an insane amount of requests for underage and taboo roleplay, say NO to these requests. In fact, best to type it and say it. I have never done either of these things but have been warned about them from support because members have requested it from me. If you type your non-consent then that covers your tracks and support will be able to see from the chat logs that you said no. This goes for the word Daddy too. Don't say it. Don't type it.

and omgsh thank you for clarifying this! i would never do that, would def say no and never call anyone daddy HOWEVER this helped me out a lot for stuff to keep in mind. i never thought about all that but its a good thing to know and will ef be extra precise if ever approached with such a request smh.

Upvote 0
Some of them will try and trick you too, a member named Daddy came into my room yesterday as I was greeting others, be said 'my name isn't Hi guys, say my name' so I said 'of course, sorry, your name is (then click at the same time) blocked'

If someone is genuinely just into it, explain you can't do age play and can't say the D word but offer to call them Sir instead. If you Google ddlg it's not all age play and daddy doesn't replace a biological father, but from sm pov they have to cover their own ass with the payment providers

Upvote 0
Oh gosh reading this just made me realise this happened to me the other day on my first shift :wideyed: I didn't even think about it, although I haven't heard anything from SM...
Some of them will try and trick you too, a member named Daddy came into my room yesterday as I was greeting others, be said 'my name isn't Hi guys, say my name' so I said 'of course, sorry, your name is (then click at the same time) blocked'

If someone is genuinely just into it, explain you can't do age play and can't say the D word but offer to call them Sir instead. If you Google ddlg it's not all age play and daddy doesn't replace a biological father, but from sm pov they have to cover their own ass with the payment providers

• Hugs
Reactions: MiaFoxUK
Upvote 0
These guys have such sad lives that they get a kick out of trying to get us in trouble, instead of enjoying the site how its meant

Upvote 0
I know it's pathetic. I'm annoyed at myself though for saying it. Guess you learn as you go along!

I'm paranoid though now because although I've done a few more shifts including today, I can't find my profile on either EyeKandi or Streamate. I click on what should be my profile link and it just says the page is no longer there. Weird, I hope I haven't been kicked off!!! :grr:

• Hugs
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Upvote 0
this may have already been answered...but what about members asking about skype, social media, and/or other products of yours? All of these things take them away from the site and are initiating personal contact?

Upvote 0
this may have already been answered...but what about members asking about skype, social media, and/or other products of yours? All of these things take them away from the site and are initiating personal contact?

I just say "I can't mention any of those here"

Some girls have said "google me" and have gotten in trouble for that
I think you can say something like "my name here is the same everywhere else so just be resourceful!" along the lines of something like that.

Upvote 0
i have a guy who constantly is asking me when im going on my other site, but never cams with me on my other site, i had to block him after typing 'we cant talk about this today' and saying it countless times!

• Sorry to hear that.
Upvote 0
I have a question about the pay on Streammate. In the section where it says "Weekly Earnings," is that the total for AFTER they've taken what they're gonna take, or before?

Upvote 0
I have a question about the pay on Streammate. In the section where it says "Weekly Earnings," is that the total for AFTER they've taken what they're gonna take, or before?

All earnings amounts you see are after their cut.

Upvote 0
Hi! I just wanted to thank you for this thread! I'm kind of new to Streamate and I've learned LOTS of things right here.
For example, I wasn't aware the word "Daddy" was something I shouldn't say and honestly I'm kind of naive, so I greeted members with those names as equally as I would do with everybody!
Now I'm prepared and definitely won't make that error again!

• Hugs
Upvote 0
I hope you got your answer to this and is doing well now because I'm wondering the same thing. I joined SM because of the category section that is supposed to give you a better audience than compared to MFC and I guess weed out racists and fat shamers. Also no cam score but idk...

I am black and a cheeseburger away from being a BBW, yet I'm in the curvy catagory. For what I put in, I do well. You can't let race/age/size hold you back. After all, these guys are coming into *your* room.

If anyone doesn't like my brown round, they can get the boot!

Upvote 0
Greetings, everyone.

My apologies, first, if this has been already asked. I'm asking now and will delete my comment if I see it in the past nine pages when I read through the comments tomorrow. (I'm going to sleep now, so I'm hoping I'll get some feed back during that time or when I'm home tomorrow.)
I've noticed on Streamate - I've seen Biopics range from being sexually explicit (clearly noted not to do so in the directions on the upload page), to having no face, to being clearly edited, to being rotated sideways, to not even being the model that's streaming..
However, I tried around 5 times before finally not being rejected for a BioPic and received rejection for all of the above reasons: Being unclear, Not being able to verify it's me, being sideways, not having my face.
So, I'm curious - how come it's clearly possible yet I've had such a difficult time and certainly cannot post some of my sexier pictures because they're sideways or don't have my face?

Please help. Did they just get lucky during verification or am I just getting unlucky? Or is it acceptable once you've become a well known model on the site? Please help!

Thanks ladies!

Upvote 0
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I would like to know how people decide on what to charge for Premium chat, and exclusive chat. What is too much for a girl like me who is just starting out but thinks she is very niche and brought in over $100 her first 4 hours on a token site? I spent a week on a token site and loved it, but hated the interface and all the bots and things just didn't work the way I expected them too, so I decided I better take all of the advice I found on here and start with SM... but I'm lost on how to put a price on my goods, lol. Any advice? I don't want to under sell myself, but I want to make a lot of friends too!

Upvote 0
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I would like to know how people decide on what to charge for Premium chat, and exclusive chat. What is too much for a girl like me who is just starting out but thinks she is very niche and brought in over $100 her first 4 hours on a token site? I spent a week on a token site and loved it, but hated the interface and all the bots and things just didn't work the way I expected them too, so I decided I better take all of the advice I found on here and start with SM... but I'm lost on how to put a price on my goods, lol. Any advice? I don't want to under sell myself, but I want to make a lot of friends too!

How well you do on a token site has absolutely no relevance to how much you should charge or how well you will do on SM. Just charge what you think you should charge. How much you feel like your service is worth, and maybe times that by 1.5. I failed horribly on CB, and I still charged what I thought I was worth on SM. Did way better on SM anyway. It's different for everyone, but I'd honestly say try going for the lowest you would want to be paid first, then raise it every week by .50 cents or so. Don't go too low like .99 cents a min or something. But you will eventually find your sweet spot.

Upvote 0
I need serious help with streamate. I broadcast tonight through my browser. There was all this stuff about how you could use an encoder etc? Should I be doing this.. What is it and how does it work.

My cam already looked AMAZING on the in browser broadcaster on sm like 1000x better than mfc but if I can make it even better id love to!

Thanks guys!

Upvote 0