AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Will site delete them if I pay them some money

Most likely not, but I'm not the site. Go message their support and see what they say.

• Helpful!
Reactions: maskpull
Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I have read this and other threads and can't seem to see an answer to this, apologies if I have missed it.

Does anyone know if SM has a newbie status like MFC does and if so how long it lasts? I have just streamed for the first time on SM Monday and now come down with a horrible cold so hoping it's done on hours actually streaming rather than days.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I have read this and other threads and can't seem to see an answer to this, apologies if I have missed it.

Does anyone know if SM has a newbie status like MFC does and if so how long it lasts? I have just streamed for the first time on SM Monday and now come down with a horrible cold so hoping it's done on hours actually streaming rather than days.

Using new model status on SM isn't nearly as important as it is on MFC. In fact, my earnings and happiness went up once the new model status went away. There's more dudes trying to con you and seems they're sometimes more critical with ratings. I think it goes by days, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it won't affect you like an MFC new model tag will. So don't stress it, feel better! :)

Upvote 0
Over the last week and a bit I've had guys popping into my private or even exclusive chat while the 30 second countdown is happening. I don't remember that happening to me before. Is it normal or is it a glitch? Can they see me? I don't think there's a way to go back into private so... what's up with that?

Upvote 0
Over the last week and a bit I've had guys popping into my private or even exclusive chat while the 30 second countdown is happening. I don't remember that happening to me before. Is it normal or is it a glitch? Can they see me? I don't think there's a way to go back into private so... what's up with that?

Do you mean once you've finished a show, and the countdown is to take you back to free chat? That's when you're getting thrown back into paid? That's happened to me before, don't think it's a glitch.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
Do you mean once you've finished a show, and the countdown is to take you back to free chat? That's when you're getting thrown back into paid? That's happened to me before, don't think it's a glitch.

Exactly that. Within the 30 seconds, already trying to dress again. Don't think they can see me (I hope!?), but I've been surprised with those tones a few times lately and seen someone's username in there. Making me paranoid!

Upvote 0
Exactly that. Within the 30 seconds, already trying to dress again. Don't think they can see me (I hope!?), but I've been surprised with those tones a few times lately and seen someone's username in there. Making me paranoid!

They can't see you until they pop you back into premium. I've had dudes try that after a gold show, too. I think they're just clicking the "start show" at the perfect moment when you're in limbo. But no, they can't see you during that 30 seconds.

Upvote 0
Finally got accepted after two weeks. I had some issues with my application that I needed to fix. Too bad I didn't sign up through Vanessa. Doh!

Upvote 0
Has anyone on SM had success with changing their name? For a while I just went by Letharia, but I've since added a middle name to make me more searchable, so regulars can find my social media accounts. I don't have a *huge* following, but it's kinda substantial. I'm nervous about starting a new account, though the new model status might be nice. Any pointers?

Upvote 0
I can't remember if anyone posted it here or another thread I was looking at... But I think it might be something other people have questions about, so I'll post it here! I want to start camming, but I was concerned about a job when I leave uni so I went looking into the laws. You can check online for laws regarding which states prohibit or allow credit REPORTS as part of their screening. It seems that as long as your work is independent, it will not show up unless you actually source it during the application process, and the only way it could really be seen is through a credit report. But because of the troubles with the economy, many states decided credit reports weren't very good for the hiring process and prohibit either requesting them, or using them as part of the decision to hire you (I'm pretty sure it costs money that the person hiring you would have to pay, so I would imagine if it can't be used in a decision then they simply won't ask for one. They also need your permission to run a credit report!)
So, as long as you're in one of the states that have a law regarding using credit reports as part of the hiring process, you shouldn't run into many issues. The biggest thing though, is that it seems law enforcement and some federal employees are still subjected to credit reports and the findings can be used in the hiring process.

I spent a long time trying to google the answer specifically about SM, and when I couldn't find it I decided to research it based on the forms filed. Sooo, hopefully if anyone has the same question that I did, they can find the answer here! Also if anyone can weigh in with their own experiences, that would be great! Since although the law says that... Eh, some people have a tendency to ignore it, or what's stated isn't always what's done to a T.

Upvote 0
Has anyone on SM had success with changing their name? For a while I just went by Letharia, but I've since added a middle name to make me more searchable, so regulars can find my social media accounts. I don't have a *huge* following, but it's kinda substantial. I'm nervous about starting a new account, though the new model status might be nice. Any pointers?

I emailed Liz a few months ago and told her I was having privacy issues and she changed my name on my same account that day. She said its normally not an option but made an exception because privacy.

• Helpful!
Reactions: sweetsadist
Upvote 0

Like Taylor, I contacted Liz or Vanessa, (I don't remember who) and my name was changed with no issues. It too was for privacy issues. It never hurts to ask.

Upvote 0
This is great information.

I have a question, how long do I have to wait to open a new account from having Liz close my model account (was through IM). Thank goodness for Liz, because I've been trying to get out of that relationship for over a year. I want to have an individual account because they were taking too much money from me. Any information helps. The account was closed as of yesterday per Liz.

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Upvote 0
I wish I had asked for a profile name change there but I was having email issues and didn't want to access my old email. I ended up accessing it and finally got my old SM deleted/deactivated and last night I did a new profile that is under review. At least I will be going to CB until my SM is live, now with w new name!

Upvote 0
This is great information.

I have a question, how long do I have to wait to open a new account from having Liz close my model account (was through IM). Thank goodness for Liz, because I've been trying to get out of that relationship for over a year. I want to have an individual account because they were taking too much money from me. Any information helps. The account was closed as of yesterday per Liz.

If you were part of IM, the standard process is that you have to wait a year before streaming again (yes, virtual studios suck). I'd check with Liz to make sure, but that is the standard with that studio. 1 year from the date you stop streaming with their studio account.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this last question was directed at me? My traffic is good for sm, because generally its paying traffic. It doesn't matter if there are 100 people in your room if everyone is just staring at you. But generally I only have about 5-15 people in my room at a time and I'm normally in the top two rows (though thats going to drop since I just took three weeks off). I have about 11,000 people who have favorited me, so not that many, but I never ask for them too so, meh.

Upvote 0
How do i get my ratings up faster so i can do gold shows?

You can email support and ask to give you gold shows. If they told you need more ratings, start asking for them before and after privates. I have a saved chat in my paid that says "If you LOVED the show, make sure you rate me 5 stars and comment." If they finish and tell me thanks before leaving, I will verbally remind them to leave me a rating. If you get 3 stars or less and you feel they are unfair, email support asking to remove and give a brief description of the show.

If you are not seeing an uptick in ratings after this, you can offer incentives. Free vid for 5-star ratings and nice comment.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this last question was directed at me? My traffic is good for sm, because generally its paying traffic. It doesn't matter if there are 100 people in your room if everyone is just staring at you. But generally I only have about 5-15 people in my room at a time and I'm normally in the top two rows (though thats going to drop since I just took three weeks off). I have about 11,000 people who have favorited me, so not that many, but I never ask for them too so, meh.

I was just asking in general but thank you!!!!!!

Upvote 0
You can email support and ask to give you gold shows. If they told you need more ratings, start asking for them before and after privates. I have a saved chat in my paid that says "If you LOVED the show, make sure you rate me 5 stars and comment." If they finish and tell me thanks before leaving, I will verbally remind them to leave me a rating. If you get 3 stars or less and you feel they are unfair, email support asking to remove and give a brief description of the show.

If you are not seeing an uptick in ratings after this, you can offer incentives. Free vid for 5-star ratings and nice comment.
Thanks so much!!

Upvote 0
Okay I searched and haven't found an answer for this one. What's the difference between using the encoder and the HD setting on SM through the site? I like being able to see myself + the chat w/o having to use alt tab. Does it still count as HD to SM or something else? I'm so confused.

Upvote 0
Okay I searched and haven't found an answer for this one. What's the difference between using the encoder and the HD setting on SM through the site? I like being able to see myself + the chat w/o having to use alt tab. Does it still count as HD to SM or something else? I'm so confused.

Using the HD setting in your browser does not count as HD on Streamate. If you stream using this instead of the encoder or broadcaster your placement will be abysmal.
I suggest using the broadcaster or encoder and moving it to one side of your screen, then just adjust the size of your browser to fit the rest of the screen. That way both are visible at once.

Upvote 0
I like being able to see myself + the chat w/o having to use alt tab.

You can also adjust the resolution on your computer. I suggest getting a second monitor. If you have a TV and your computer has a HDMI port, Use that instead.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
Using the HD setting in your browser does not count as HD on Streamate. If you stream using this instead of the encoder or broadcaster your placement will be abysmal.
I suggest using the broadcaster or encoder and moving it to one side of your screen, then just adjust the size of your browser to fit the rest of the screen. That way both are visible at once.

It's weird because the first night I used the HD setting in the browser and showed up in the first page for new models. I've been using the encoder and I'm not even in the first 14 pages. Strrrange.

Upvote 0