AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Catalina SM

Streamate.com
Industry Representative
Jul 19, 2018
Europe
streamatemodels.com
Twitter Username
@StreamateEurope
@Catalina SM one of the tip items is to “send a picture.” I can’t send pictures to a member the way I do videos. Correct me if I am wrong, but members have to initiate a message with a model in messenger in order for a model to be able to attach a picture and send to the member. Or will that be changing soon?
You are correct - in order to send pictures to the users they have to DM you in messenger to send attachments. We are working on having a tool that will allow performers sell photo content.

Also, quick heads up, there’s a couple pages on jerkmate where it says tokens instead of gold.
Is it possible to send me a screenshot or more info about this, please?

Upvote 0

rylarosexo

Cam Model
Mar 5, 2020
You are correct - in order to send pictures to the users they have to DM you in messenger to send attachments. We are working on having a tool that will allow performers sell photo content.

Is it possible to send me a screenshot or more info about this, please?
Ahhh disregard the token comment, I had seen the work tokens in the teens and anal categories a couple months ago, but when I looked just now, it looks like the descriptions have been revised since then. Sorry about that!

Upvote 0
But what you can do is to make the price for premium much higher than for Exclusive
Okay I have another question that this brought up in my mind: Do some members still only see our premium price until they have spent $x on the site? I know that used to be a thing, but I'm not sure if it still is.

Thank you for the previous reply. Even though it's not what I want to hear, I appreciate that you have made yourself available to us for these Q&A's!

Upvote 0

Catalina SM

Streamate.com
Industry Representative
Jul 19, 2018
Europe
streamatemodels.com
Twitter Username
@StreamateEurope
Okay I have another question that this brought up in my mind: Do some members still only see our premium price until they have spent $x on the site? I know that used to be a thing, but I'm not sure if it still is.
Users are able to see both types of paid sessions and are able to spend if they have funds and they did not reach the daily limit.

Upvote 0
Mar 10, 2021
Twitter Username
@Trixxilove
Streamate Username
TrixxiLove69
I have a SM question about our rates. Do members have the option of searching for models based on rate for example “only searching for models below $6.99 per minute” I am curious about increasing my rates and do not want to lose customers. I wonder if people find me because my rates are low (1.99/2.99) or if they find me other ways. If members do not search based on rate I may be wrong but I wonder if loyal customers would remain if I increased my rate a little? I know there is a point of return when a rate gets too high that there is less interest but I have been testing my rates since I started and wondered how users interact with our rates. I have had members say I should increase my rates as well as others members say my rates are too high so I am asking for some objectivity about how rates are viewed by streamate members. Thank you

Upvote 0

EliMarie717

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
Twitter Username
@EliMarie717
Streamate Username
EliMarie717
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/328205/EliMarie717/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/92217/marie717
I have a SM question about our rates. Do members have the option of searching for models based on rate for example “only searching for models below $6.99 per minute” I am curious about increasing my rates and do not want to lose customers. I wonder if people find me because my rates are low (1.99/2.99) or if they find me other ways. If members do not search based on rate I may be wrong but I wonder if loyal customers would remain if I increased my rate a little? I know there is a point of return when a rate gets too high that there is less interest but I have been testing my rates since I started and wondered how users interact with our rates. I have had members say I should increase my rates as well as others members say my rates are too high so I am asking for some objectivity about how rates are viewed by streamate members. Thank you
I had my rates at 1.99/2.99 back in 2015. After steadily raising them I have more followers, and never get rude comments about my rates. I got a few for a while, then after I hit 5.99 they stopped completely. I can't answer your other question. I haven't used my member account in a while, and I can't remember.

Upvote 0

rylarosexo

Cam Model
Mar 5, 2020
Raise your rates! You will find that some members will complain about your rates, regardless of what you have set. But those will be the same people who are interested in themselves and not in your success.

Raise your rates to what you feel like your time is worth and use the rate analysis to gauge wether or not the new rates are working. But stick to the new rates for a few days to a week at least.

Ever since I raised my rates, my hourly earnings went up and I had less asshat customers with ridiculous demands come through my room. Lol I can’t wait to raise my rates again!

Upvote 0
There are no filtering options on the site for rates. I don't think that the site necessarily wants to make it easy for members to know your price range before they enter your room. (And I think this is actually the reason we see a lot of members pop in/out of our rooms quickly: they have to click the video feed to have the prices pop-up!)
I suppose if they could search for the word "cheap" in the search bar too. But tags like that are manually added by members, and you can block the tags if you ever get them.

I think it's possible to work well with a low rate, but you'd have to be quite good at hustling add-ons during the show (toy requests, name moaning, dirty talking, fetishes, etc). I'm way too lazy to do that, so I keep my rate high enough that I feel like it includes any requests they might make.
And besides, there's always the Gold Menu, Gold shows and videos for the cheap guys. There's still options for your loyals who might not be in your price range if you choose to raise your rates, so give them a cheeky little "I guess you'll have to save up your pennies so you can take me 1 on 1 next time!' if they try to make you feel bad for the change.

Upvote 0