AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

@Catalina SM one of the tip items is to “send a picture.” I can’t send pictures to a member the way I do videos. Correct me if I am wrong, but members have to initiate a message with a model in messenger in order for a model to be able to attach a picture and send to the member. Or will that be changing soon?
You are correct - in order to send pictures to the users they have to DM you in messenger to send attachments. We are working on having a tool that will allow performers sell photo content.

Also, quick heads up, there’s a couple pages on jerkmate where it says tokens instead of gold.
Is it possible to send me a screenshot or more info about this, please?

Upvote 0
You are correct - in order to send pictures to the users they have to DM you in messenger to send attachments. We are working on having a tool that will allow performers sell photo content.

Is it possible to send me a screenshot or more info about this, please?
Ahhh disregard the token comment, I had seen the work tokens in the teens and anal categories a couple months ago, but when I looked just now, it looks like the descriptions have been revised since then. Sorry about that!

Upvote 0
But what you can do is to make the price for premium much higher than for Exclusive
Okay I have another question that this brought up in my mind: Do some members still only see our premium price until they have spent $x on the site? I know that used to be a thing, but I'm not sure if it still is.

Thank you for the previous reply. Even though it's not what I want to hear, I appreciate that you have made yourself available to us for these Q&A's!

Upvote 0
Okay I have another question that this brought up in my mind: Do some members still only see our premium price until they have spent $x on the site? I know that used to be a thing, but I'm not sure if it still is.
Users are able to see both types of paid sessions and are able to spend if they have funds and they did not reach the daily limit.

Upvote 0
I have a SM question about our rates. Do members have the option of searching for models based on rate for example “only searching for models below $6.99 per minute” I am curious about increasing my rates and do not want to lose customers. I wonder if people find me because my rates are low (1.99/2.99) or if they find me other ways. If members do not search based on rate I may be wrong but I wonder if loyal customers would remain if I increased my rate a little? I know there is a point of return when a rate gets too high that there is less interest but I have been testing my rates since I started and wondered how users interact with our rates. I have had members say I should increase my rates as well as others members say my rates are too high so I am asking for some objectivity about how rates are viewed by streamate members. Thank you

Upvote 0
I have a SM question about our rates. Do members have the option of searching for models based on rate for example “only searching for models below $6.99 per minute” I am curious about increasing my rates and do not want to lose customers. I wonder if people find me because my rates are low (1.99/2.99) or if they find me other ways. If members do not search based on rate I may be wrong but I wonder if loyal customers would remain if I increased my rate a little? I know there is a point of return when a rate gets too high that there is less interest but I have been testing my rates since I started and wondered how users interact with our rates. I have had members say I should increase my rates as well as others members say my rates are too high so I am asking for some objectivity about how rates are viewed by streamate members. Thank you
I had my rates at 1.99/2.99 back in 2015. After steadily raising them I have more followers, and never get rude comments about my rates. I got a few for a while, then after I hit 5.99 they stopped completely. I can't answer your other question. I haven't used my member account in a while, and I can't remember.

Upvote 0
Raise your rates! You will find that some members will complain about your rates, regardless of what you have set. But those will be the same people who are interested in themselves and not in your success.

Raise your rates to what you feel like your time is worth and use the rate analysis to gauge wether or not the new rates are working. But stick to the new rates for a few days to a week at least.

Ever since I raised my rates, my hourly earnings went up and I had less asshat customers with ridiculous demands come through my room. Lol I can’t wait to raise my rates again!

Upvote 0
There are no filtering options on the site for rates. I don't think that the site necessarily wants to make it easy for members to know your price range before they enter your room. (And I think this is actually the reason we see a lot of members pop in/out of our rooms quickly: they have to click the video feed to have the prices pop-up!)
I suppose if they could search for the word "cheap" in the search bar too. But tags like that are manually added by members, and you can block the tags if you ever get them.

I think it's possible to work well with a low rate, but you'd have to be quite good at hustling add-ons during the show (toy requests, name moaning, dirty talking, fetishes, etc). I'm way too lazy to do that, so I keep my rate high enough that I feel like it includes any requests they might make.
And besides, there's always the Gold Menu, Gold shows and videos for the cheap guys. There's still options for your loyals who might not be in your price range if you choose to raise your rates, so give them a cheeky little "I guess you'll have to save up your pennies so you can take me 1 on 1 next time!' if they try to make you feel bad for the change.

Upvote 0
Does anyone on here link to/promote all multiple cam sites they cam on on their Twitter? I have just set up a twitter account using my cam name. I cam on two sites, Adult Work and Streamate, and have also just joined Strip Chat. Am I allowed to post links to all three of those sites in my bio and one in my website link, or will this end up with me getting my account closed on one of them/all of them? I am particularly concerned about inadvertently getting my Streamate account closed, as I have heard they are particularly strict, even when it comes to mentioning other sites on your personal social media and not even on the platform itself. I don't want to break any rules but I would like to use Twitter to promote all my sites if this is possible. Any help appreciated! Thank you :)

Upvote 0
On my Twitter profile I have it listed as “sensitive content” then I have the linktree as my website. So far I have posted my SM cammodels link several times with no problem. I also @streamatemodels when I do the cammodels link. I do have xxx content on Twitter but mostly teaser stuff. I haven’t really learned the Retweeting.

Upvote 0
On my Twitter profile I have it listed as “sensitive content” then I have the linktree as my website. So far I have posted my SM cammodels link several times with no problem. I also @streamatemodels when I do the cammodels link. I do have xxx content on Twitter but mostly teaser stuff. I haven’t really learned the Retweeting.
Ah thank you! That is such a great way to add multiple links, and I had no idea. I am only going to post similar stuff to you; mainly teaser/lingerie pictures. Thanks so much! x

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
@Catalina SM Hi, Catalina! I'm not sure if anyone has already suggested it, but could the folks over at Streamate PLEASE consider making it easier for models to block members? To have the ability to block a member even after he's left the chat? I don't cam on Streamate anymore, but that used to drive me bonkers (I like being able to "take out the trash," and not have to deal with it anymore)...in addition to the time-wasters dragging me out of my room mid-sentence...forcing me into a premium show that I didn't agree to.

On MyFreeCams we have the ability to add a member's name to our ban list even if that member hasn't actually been in our room yet.

I'm trying to decide on a cam site for the daytime hours while my son is in school, and I'm considering giving Streamate another chance. Even though I don't use dildos anymore (Just a vibrator), which would probably disappoint/annoy some of the guys on there. 🤷‍♀️ Lol.

Upvote 0
Even though I don't use dildos anymore (Just a vibrator), which would probably disappoint/annoy some of the guys on there. 🤷‍♀️ Lol.
I don't do ass or pussy penetration w dildos (in live shows), I have my rates set at 6.99/ 8.99 and I still stay really busy. I thought the same thing, but I was wrong.

There is this link if you want Yummy. The problem still exists, but with this link if you have their user name you can at least block them if they have tipped, or had a show with you in the past. I don't think this solves your problem/ the general problem, but I'm posting it for the benefit of other SM models who are not in Models Only and able to see the SM MO thread also. It can be somewhat useful.

You enter in their name and ID number, to that link. They don't have to be online for it to work.
E.T.A. But you have to be logged in to an active model account for it to show the actual link, and not just bring you to the SM homepage. I have it bookmarked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't do ass or pussy penetration w dildos (in live shows), I have my rates set at 6.99/ 8.99 and I still stay really busy. I thought the same thing, but I was wrong.

There is this link if you want Yummy. The problem still exists, but with this link if you have their user name you can at least block them if they have tipped, or had a show with you in the past. I don't think this solves your problem, but I'm posting it for the benefit of other SM models who are not in Models Only and able to see the SM MO thread also. It can be somewhat useful.

You enter in their name and ID number, to that link. They don't have to be online for it to work.

Thanks! You're one of the reasons I'm considering giving Streamate another try. :) Something you had said to me in a recent post.

Upvote 0
Does anyone on here link to/promote all multiple cam sites they cam on on their Twitter? I have just set up a twitter account using my cam name. I cam on two sites, Adult Work and Streamate, and have also just joined Strip Chat. Am I allowed to post links to all three of those sites in my bio and one in my website link, or will this end up with me getting my account closed on one of them/all of them? I am particularly concerned about inadvertently getting my Streamate account closed, as I have heard they are particularly strict, even when it comes to mentioning other sites on your personal social media and not even on the platform itself. I don't want to break any rules but I would like to use Twitter to promote all my sites if this is possible. Any help appreciated! Thank you :)
I've never heard about SM closing accounts because a performer linked both SM and other platforms from their own twitter account, I believe it is just against the rules to mention those other platforms and social accounts on SM itself. At least, that is always how I interpreted the rule.

Upvote 0
I've never heard about SM closing accounts because a performer linked both SM and other platforms from their own twitter account, I believe it is just against the rules to mention those other platforms and social accounts on SM itself. At least, that is always how I interpreted the rule.
Thank you, this is good to know! I shall leave them for the time being or use a link tree if needs be :)

Upvote 0
Members are not able to search/filter performers based on their rates, but they can search based on words 'cheap, expensive' etc. if you have them as tags. You can actually see in streamate.com what are the members looking for on the site, by accessing the 'trending' words on the left side. :)

Upvote 0
You can definitely promote your Streamate account on Social Media/ Personal site/ over the web, but you cannot promote Social Media/Personal site/ other web brand/sites anywhere on Streamate.
So if you choose to promote your Streamate account, use your member referral link (nickname.cammodels.com) and you'll boost your earnings. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Catalina SM Hi, Catalina! I'm not sure if anyone has already suggested it, but could the folks over at Streamate PLEASE consider making it easier for models to block members? To have the ability to block a member even after he's left the chat? I don't cam on Streamate anymore, but that used to drive me bonkers (I like being able to "take out the trash," and not have to deal with it anymore)...in addition to the time-wasters dragging me out of my room mid-sentence...forcing me into a premium show that I didn't agree to.
Hi there :)

I am not sure if this will be added but I can say that this is something that is being discussed. So maybe in the future we may have it, not sure at this point. :)

Upvote 0
You can definitely promote your Streamate account on Social Media/ Personal site/ over the web, but you cannot promote Social Media/Personal site/ other web brand/sites anywhere on Streamate.
So if you choose to promote your Streamate account, use your member referral link (nickname.cammodels.com) and you'll boost your earnings. :)
Ah thank you so much! Appreciated! I shall also include my member refrral link too then :) x

Reactions: InannahQoH
Upvote 0
Hi there :)

I am not sure if this will be added but I can say that this is something that is being discussed. So maybe in the future we may have it, not sure at this point. :)
This is something models have been asking for for at least, I dunno, a decade or so by now? And this is still the most communication we've ever had on the subject. It's not encouraging. Especially since the translation of what you've said here is "we hear you, we just don't care." I mean, it would be a fairly simple thing to implement. I have my own personal CSS/JavaScript extension that adds a block button to offline member's detail pages. Streamate could do the same and have it working by default tomorrow. Streamate does not want us to be able to do these things, for whatever reason. Don't bullshit us.

Upvote 0
This is something models have been asking for for at least, I dunno, a decade or so by now? And this is still the most communication we've ever had on the subject. It's not encouraging. Especially since the translation of what you've said here is "we hear you, we just don't care." I mean, it would be a fairly simple thing to implement. I have my own personal CSS/JavaScript extension that adds a block button to offline member's detail pages. Streamate could do the same and have it working by default tomorrow. Streamate does not want us to be able to do these things, for whatever reason. Don't bullshit us.
There are plenty of tools and things that have been changed and implemented on the website along the years based on the direct feedback of all of our models. :)
Developing this feature is not something that would take much time, it's more like a business decision that will have to be made.
I would appreciate if the tone of the message would be different, as all I am trying to do here on this forum is be available as much as possible, answer questions and clarify on things - there's no bullshit involved here. :)

Upvote 0
Hi, Catalina. I'm sending you an e-mail right now. I'd been hoping to start streaming on there this week, but that's not happening now because they want me to register with a different e-mail address and username (saying that they "already exist").

Upvote 0
There are plenty of tools and things that have been changed and implemented on the website along the years based on the direct feedback of all of our models. :)
Developing this feature is not something that would take much time, it's more like a business decision that will have to be made.
I would appreciate if the tone of the message would be different, as all I am trying to do here on this forum is be available as much as possible, answer questions and clarify on things - there's no bullshit involved here. :)
When it's something so simple that would solve a major frustration for us that we've asking for for so long, I do consider it to be bullshit of one form or other. Even if the only reasoning was "SM has wacky priorities," that still sucks from about equally from where I'm standing. But to me, it does look like an intentional decision in designing the broadcaster.

Other things have been changed, but there are certain otherwise small and simple changes at the tops of many of our wishlists that SM must be very well aware of that they have their own reasons for keeping the same (meanwhile more complicated things not on our wishlists at all, such as the new wishlist feature get built from scratch instead).

This one just annoys me in particular because a) I know how much code it would take to fix at least on the user detail page if not the broadcaster interface, which would already be a huge improvement (maybe the code would be just a little longer than this paragraph), and b) it would save support time and effort (and therefore money) not to have to deal with individual requests to block members, so it seems like it would be a win for everyone?

I'm sure none of it is your choice, so my tone was misdirected and I apologize for that. It's not you that I'm frustrated with--as I said, you've been much more communicative and helpful than others who have visited us here (or ignored us here) before.

Upvote 0
I was told at 5 PM that a "password reset" e-mail was being sent to me shortly, and it's now 12 midnight and I've still got nothing. Got an e-mail informing me that my Streamate model inbox has 11 unread messages from Model Support. Lol. Okay, but how am I supposed to log in to read those messages when no one's e-mailed me yet with my new password? :facepalm:

Upvote 0
I was told at 5 PM that a "password reset" e-mail was being sent to me shortly, and it's now 12 midnight and I've still got nothing. Got an e-mail informing me that my Streamate model inbox has 11 unread messages from Model Support. Lol. Okay, but how am I supposed to log in to read those messages when no one's e-mailed me yet with my new password? :facepalm:
Have you tried Liz yet? Everyone here swears by her. I think Catalina is UK? Liz might be able to help you faster because I think she is in the US. liz@streamate.com. I've never had to email her, but everyone else always has better luck dealing with her (for US model support stuff) over just the regular support staff tickets through the SM site.

Upvote 0
Have you tried Liz yet? Everyone here swears by her. I think Catalina is UK? Liz might be able to help you faster because I think she is in the US. Liz@streamate.com. I've never had to email her, but everyone else always has better luck dealing with her (for model support stuff).

Yes, I've been talking to both Maria and Liz, and have been waiting for several hours for this new reset password. I'm not even gonna e-mail them anymore about it, because I'm tired of the endless back and forth.

Upvote 0
Yes, I've been talking to both Maria and Liz, and have been waiting for several hours for this new reset password. I'm not even gonna e-mail them anymore about it, because I'm tired of the endless back and forth.
OK sorry, I assumed it was regular support you were dealing with.

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
I understand the frustration from @Lintilla.

Still waiting on two-step authorization after being told it's been working on for two years. If streamate can't prioritize on securing our accounts which has all of our sensitive information in it, (full name, home address, our earnings, ect) idk. I guess the higher ups don't think their models accounts should be secured or they don't want to pay for it.

If onlyfans can provide two-step through google authenticator, why can't streamate do something similar? Idk they don't take account security seriously imo. Streamate can says they do, but their actions say otherwise.

Streamate is getting so much from us, and they are so slow on useful updates. And some updates we do get are super broken. The old video and photo manager for example. We've been asking for the ability to block members when they aren't in our rooms for years. I've been seeing it since 2013, and nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0