AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

I'm new on SM right now so I might be missing something, but what is up with the media manager?! I've tried to upload videos about 5 separate times now, and only one of those times has it actually worked. The rest of the times it's said "upload complete!" right away, but won't actually upload it. Then I constantly have the "your uploaded media needs attention - view pending" memo, but when I go to pending, there's nothing there.

Reactions: Sashacurves
Upvote 0
I'm new on SM right now so I might be missing something, but what is up with the media manager?! I've tried to upload videos about 5 separate times now, and only one of those times has it actually worked. The rest of the times it's said "upload complete!" right away, but won't actually upload it. Then I constantly have the "your uploaded media needs attention - view pending" memo, but when I go to pending, there's nothing there.
I’ve had that happen! It turned out my video was too big. Right now there’s a weird glitch where it says “upload complete” and nothing happens instead of a message saying the file size is too large.

Upvote 0
I mean I am unable to pair the toy(s) with my laptop and FeelConnect. WeVibe toys have an app called WeConnect that works on my phone but I cannot get FeelConnect to work with the toys on my laptop. I appreciate your support because I have 4 WeVibe toys that I would love to be able to offer viewers a chance to interact with. WeConnect provides access with a text code and I don’t want to use that as I believe it would be violating streamate TOC because I would have to provide a direct link. I truly appreciate your support for helping with WeVibe toys connection through a PC
What is the issue you actually encounter when you try to pair your toy through FeelConnect? Is it discovered in the App? After scanning the QR code, what happens? Can you send me all the info via a PM?

Upvote 0
I'm about to upload a new video, and it asks to put on the name of the performer appairing in it (me), though it shows my real name. Is it just for the staff or will it be shown for the public as well?
This is for internal compliance, it won't be displayed publicly anywhere.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Hey everyone!

I would like to ask some questions regarding SM placement. It's my 5th month on the site, and I've noticed that my placement is getting worse and worse, and Im making less and less money. When I was new, I reached the first page, and nowadays Im struggling on page 3-4, sometimes I make some money with luck, but last week - for the first time- I couldn't make a payout. :( It feels so bad, I dont want to give up and fail.
I have good camming stuff, lot of 5* ratings, little more than 1000 favorites, I am consistent, but I cant boost my earnings, and that is a huge factor in the placement. I have more and more days when I earn literally nothing (or almost nothing, 2-10$/4-5 hour). Have you ever experienced a problem like this?
Do you think it is possible to get out somehow from this lower earnings--> lower placement--> lower earnings circle? I love Streamate, and I dont want to give up, but it's really hard for me nowadays.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
How do you find out your placement on SM?
Geoblock must be turned off, and then I search myself on the site, or sometimes I ask members where they found me. I know placement is different for every user, but I found out that when I see myself higher, my traffic and earnings are better. So it's good for a general placement information.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
Why are "oil ass", "booty flash" and "shake that booty" on the new expanded GOLD menu options? I thought bottomless nudity was not allowed in free chat?
Can someone translate this for me, or clarify it, when they have time?

I like the new expansions overall, not complaining.
Those 3 items just confuse me, so I wanna make sure I'm understanding them before I potentially use them. Thanks if anyone has time.

Upvote 0
Why are "oil ass", "booty flash" and "shake that booty" on the new expanded GOLD menu options? I thought bottomless nudity was not allowed in free chat?

Those 3 items just confuse me, so I wanna make sure I'm understanding them before I potentially use them. Thanks if anyone has time.
You can show just about everything besides the actual pink bits. No labia, no butthole, the rest is fine. Oily buttcheeks, 100% okay!

Upvote 0
Hey everyone!

I would like to ask some questions regarding SM placement. It's my 5th month on the site, and I've noticed that my placement is getting worse and worse, and Im making less and less money. When I was new, I reached the first page, and nowadays Im struggling on page 3-4, sometimes I make some money with luck, but last week - for the first time- I couldn't make a payout. :( It feels so bad, I dont want to give up and fail.
I have good camming stuff, lot of 5* ratings, little more than 1000 favorites, I am consistent, but I cant boost my earnings, and that is a huge factor in the placement. I have more and more days when I earn literally nothing (or almost nothing, 2-10$/4-5 hour). Have you ever experienced a problem like this?
Do you think it is possible to get out somehow from this lower earnings--> lower placement--> lower earnings circle? I love Streamate, and I dont want to give up, but it's really hard for me nowadays.
Ah I am sorry to hear you are struggling. It sucks when you put in the hours, slog away and it comes to much less than you need and deserve. I found that since corona hit, cam has been hit or miss for me, so much so that I took on two vanilla part time (online) jobs as back up. I work 12-16 hours per week on those and now cam as and when I can. Having cam as my main bread and butter was so stressful for me, due to its unpredictability. I also cam on another site, not just Streamate, so I can switch between the two when I do cam. It seems when Streamate is quiet, Adult Work (my other site, UK based) is busy and vice versa.

Could you sign up to another site? I have also just signed up to Strip Chat, and one based in the UK called Chat Recruit (called X-panded for the customer). However, due to having tonsilitis for almost 2 weeks now I have been unable to cam at all on any site :(. Anyway, I guess adding new pictures on your profile, camming at different times and just slogging it out are the only other things I can think of concerning your Streamate profile, though I imagine you have already tried these.

Also adding content to Many Vids or branching out into PSO on a site such as Niteflirt could also be options. A friend of mine who had been camming almost two years recently quit cam as she was struggling despite an incredible first year, and now is doing well on OF. Perhaps making content or trying phones on Niteflirt could be good complementary avenues? I guess I would add another egg or multiple eggs to your basket and try new things if Streamate alone isn't working out currently. Then you don't need to 'give up' as such but just have something else alongside it. Mentally it might help take pressure off of you too.

Upvote 0
Ah I am sorry to hear you are struggling. It sucks when you put in the hours, slog away and it comes to much less than you need and deserve. I found that since corona hit, cam has been hit or miss for me, so much so that I took on two vanilla part time (online) jobs as back up. I work 12-16 hours per week on those and now cam as and when I can. Having cam as my main bread and butter was so stressful for me, due to its unpredictability. I also cam on another site, not just Streamate, so I can switch between the two when I do cam. It seems when Streamate is quiet, Adult Work (my other site, UK based) is busy and vice versa.

Could you sign up to another site? I have also just signed up to Strip Chat, and one based in the UK called Chat Recruit (called X-panded for the customer). However, due to having tonsilitis for almost 2 weeks now I have been unable to cam at all on any site :(. Anyway, I guess adding new pictures on your profile, camming at different times and just slogging it out are the only other things I can think of concerning your Streamate profile, though I imagine you have already tried these.

Also adding content to Many Vids or branching out into PSO on a site such as Niteflirt could also be options. A friend of mine who had been camming almost two years recently quit cam as she was struggling despite an incredible first year, and now is doing well on OF. Perhaps making content or trying phones on Niteflirt could be good complementary avenues? I guess I would add another egg or multiple eggs to your basket and try new things if Streamate alone isn't working out currently. Then you don't need to 'give up' as such but just have something else alongside it. Mentally it might help take pressure off of you too.
Thank you very much for your answer! Since then it has been a llittle bit better, Im making some money recently, but I decided to try another site, because I dont want to burn out and/or experience this stress again.

I created a Stripchat account, now Im building my profile, and I will start to work on that site after Easter. I plan to put a lot of hours in the promoted first 2 weeks, then I will work alternately between the two sites.

Thank you for the tips regarding other sites, Im gonna research them, because I would like to add more eggs to my basket. I felt so depressed and exhausted when I wrote that previous post, but Im somewhat better now. Thank you very much!! 😘

Upvote 0
It's letting me add the new items to my GOLD menu, but it's not letting me turn the actual menu on, so that it shows to the guests in my room. Is this same w everyone, or am I missing something?

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for your answer! Since then it has been a llittle bit better, Im making some money recently, but I decided to try another site, because I dont want to burn out and/or experience this stress again.

I created a Stripchat account, now Im building my profile, and I will start to work on that site after Easter. I plan to put a lot of hours in the promoted first 2 weeks, then I will work alternately between the two sites.

Thank you for the tips regarding other sites, Im gonna research them, because I would like to add more eggs to my basket. I felt so depressed and exhausted when I wrote that previous post, but Im somewhat better now. Thank you very much!! 😘
Ah you're welcome and I am glad you are feeling better. We all have those months and days where it just gets too much and we feel like we don't know what on earth we are doing wrong or what to do. I am really glad to hear things sound better! Glad to hear you're going to have another site to work on too! Yes definitely hit that 2 weeks hard and hit the ground running. That is a great plan. Onwards and upwards! 😘

Upvote 0
It's letting me add the new items to my GOLD menu, but it's not letting me turn the actual menu on, so that it shows to the guests in my room. Is this same w everyone, or am I missing something?
I had this trouble when I first turned the gold menu on last year. I had to hover my mouse over it and find just the right spot or something? It was bizarre but it seemed only a tiny spot on the button was clickable. Not sure if it is the same trouble I was having.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
@Catalina SM

Please consider not allowing users to not turn cameras on before 30 seconds. The number of cocks I have had to see for FREE is too damn high. I am am going back to denying all cameras until 30 seconds. Unbelievable.
This is very bad because they want us to see there cock and they cum straightaway so c2c should be after 30 second

Upvote 0
Sorry if it's been mentioned in the thread before, I searched and didn't find it but I may have missed it, and I know I'm far from the only performer who wants this! Can we please be given the option to accept or decline premium shows, the way we can with exclusives? There are several reasons I don't like the way it is set up now. I don't like having my traffic cleared out because some member didn't read my profile or chat messages regarding my shows, popped me into premium without saying anything in free chat, then left because I don't offer the kind of show they are looking for (this one always seems to happen when I am discussing a session I'd actually like to take with another member, conveniently). I don't like the feeling of not being given a choice in whether or not to enter the show, this in general feels yucky. Personally, I don't really like doing shows in premium at all in the first place, and would like to be able to decline them in favor of exclusives for the most part. I think it's really odd that members can simply yank us out of free chat without our input.

Upvote 0
Sorry if it's been mentioned in the thread before, I searched and didn't find it but I may have missed it, and I know I'm far from the only performer who wants this! Can we please be given the option to accept or decline premium shows, the way we can with exclusives? There are several reasons I don't like the way it is set up now. I don't like having my traffic cleared out because some member didn't read my profile or chat messages regarding my shows, popped me into premium without saying anything in free chat, then left because I don't offer the kind of show they are looking for (this one always seems to happen when I am discussing a session I'd actually like to take with another member, conveniently). I don't like the feeling of not being given a choice in whether or not to enter the show, this in general feels yucky. Personally, I don't really like doing shows in premium at all in the first place, and would like to be able to decline them in favor of exclusives for the most part. I think it's really odd that members can simply yank us out of free chat without our input.
THIS ^^^^^^^^. Definitely. I'll have a room built up that's going really well, with several serious buyers discussing exclusives, then some guy does this (stays for 30 seconds), and I have to rebuild my whole room. Sometimes the initial guys come back, sometimes not (if they are new to me, or the site).

Last night it happened, and everyone slowly returned but kept asking me really confused, why I left at the time I did because it annoyed them all. I had to explain 3 or 4 times that I had no choice, some person took me premium for 30 seconds.

Upvote 0
Sorry to DP, just to get more specific on the solution. It's the triangle at the bottom right of the button. Thanks @littlemissvivien there is absolutely zero chance I would have seen that, let alone noticed it on my own! 🤷‍♀️

ETA; Nvm it's the whole button not just the triangle. I guess we're just used to pressing play.

Attachments

• Inkedthe triangle_LI.jpg
    Inkedthe triangle_LI.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hi there,

Models can 'oil ass', 'flash the bottom' and 'shake the booty' with lingerie on too. :)
All the items in the Gold Menu do not include below belt nudity - models have to have lingerie on at all time in free/guest chat.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Hi,

Honestly I don't believe this will change. But what you can do is to make the price for premium much higher than for Exclusive - that way people will choose the lower rate and you'll have mostly 1 on 1 shows. :)

Upvote 0
@Catalina SM one of the tip items is to “send a picture.” I can’t send pictures to a member the way I do videos. Correct me if I am wrong, but members have to initiate a message with a model in messenger in order for a model to be able to attach a picture and send to the member. Or will that be changing soon?

Also, quick heads up, there’s a couple pages on jerkmate where it says tokens instead of gold.

Upvote 0