AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

You can change that on your model dashboard under My Profile. There should be a link that says "Edit Display Country."
Oh nevermind, i asked the same question to Liz. I asked her to put me in US region, but unfortunately I can't.

By the way, thank you for taking your time to answer my question!

Upvote 0
Oh nevermind, i asked the same question to Liz. I asked her to put me in US region, but unfortunately I can't.

By the way, thank you for taking your time to answer my question!
thats a shame. i recommend on working on getting your placement higher so you show up higher in placement for western users. stream as much and consistently as you can. also, recommend branching on content sites to gain more of a following/traffic/income. content sites like clip sites, subscription, phone sex (voice and text).

adding more eggs to your basket will definitely help increase your income and popularity.

Upvote 0
Just want to share my thoughts on Streamates payment option with MassPay in particular. Before I had direct deposit with a $25 fee and that was it. Since then I was forced to update my payment method to MassPay since there is no other option and I realize now I lose even more money due to the inaccurate MassPay currency exchange rate they list. I contacted them and they don't have any explanation other than to just refresh and keep trying for a better rate but it's always the same or lower and never the correct exchange rate. I'm in Canada therefore currently the exchange rate is 1USD = 1.26 CAD however the highest rate from MassPay is a ridiculous 1.23 CAD which means I lose nearly $150-$200+ on every transaction plus their $4 fee. Extremely disappointing considering how many losses I have to take. Extremely disappointing!!

Upvote 0
Yes, exactly! We keep on developing this tool further, but it's correct what you understood. The snapshot is not saved somewhere on your profile, it stays for 24h on your account and for the next streaming, you have to take a new, fresh snapshot. While you are offline, it will be displayed the static photo you uploaded.
I prefer to use static photo than snapshot session also I don't want it to be saved in everywhere when I go goggle my account.

Upvote 0
I prefer to use static photo than snapshot session also I don't want it to be saved in everywhere when I go goggle my account.
You can always opt-out from the ads (send an email to support for that). That way, you will no longer be promoted in our ads or across our affiliate network, so the submitted content will no longer be used for promotional purposes either.
But note that by doing this, you will have almost 0 exposure and 0 traffic.

Upvote 0
Idk what's wrong with streamate, I've been approved and worked on stream since April 2021 and today they told me to submit another profile with showing full face, and when I opened my account , all have gone all customers fav has gone, tags has gone, and messages with customers has gone, and the application isn't completed, what the hell. now I have to wait for 5 business days and more ?
this really pissed me off.

Upvote 0
You can always opt-out from the ads (send an email to support for that). That way, you will no longer be promoted in our ads or across our affiliate network, so the submitted content will no longer be used for promotional purposes either.
But note that by doing this, you will have almost 0 exposure and 0 traffic.
hi Catalina, I've sent u a message to ur email. please check!

Reactions: Catalina SM
Upvote 0
Just want to share my thoughts on Streamates payment option with MassPay in particular. Before I had direct deposit with a $25 fee and that was it. Since then I was forced to update my payment method to MassPay since there is no other option and I realize now I lose even more money due to the inaccurate MassPay currency exchange rate they list. I contacted them and they don't have any explanation other than to just refresh and keep trying for a better rate but it's always the same or lower and never the correct exchange rate. I'm in Canada therefore currently the exchange rate is 1USD = 1.26 CAD however the highest rate from MassPay is a ridiculous 1.23 CAD which means I lose nearly $150-$200+ on every transaction plus their $4 fee. Extremely disappointing considering how many losses I have to take. Extremely disappointing!!
Ands its stuff like this that makes me wait 3 weeks for cheques in the mail over other options.

Reactions: Lilypod
Upvote 0
Ands its stuff like this that makes me wait 3 weeks for cheques in the mail over other options.
SM just told me I can't have paper cheques to my Canadian location anymore 😭
I'm thankful for my cross-border USD bank account now, but I still hate the $5 fee because I'm so cheap lol
Plus, I had to reach out to Support to even get the option for ACH deposits since they only have it automatically listed on US models' accounts.

Upvote 0
SM just told me I can't have paper cheques to my Canadian location anymore 😭
I'm thankful for my cross-border USD bank account now, but I still hate the $5 fee because I'm so cheap lol
Plus, I had to reach out to Support to even get the option for ACH deposits since they only have it automatically listed on US models' accounts.
Omg what!? Is it a provincial thing?!

Upvote 0
Omg what!? Is it a provincial thing?!
I'm not sure. The message I received on 9 Dec 2021 didn't elaborate much (and the FAQ from this summer still says that regular mail checks are available):
"An important change is coming to your selected payment method. After January 15th, 2022, Streamate Models will no longer offer payment by check to your location. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. To avoid payment interruptions, please select a new payment method for your account."​

Upvote 0
I'm not sure. The message I received on 9 Dec 2021 didn't elaborate much (and the FAQ from this summer still says that regular mail checks are available):
"An important change is coming to your selected payment method. After January 15th, 2022, Streamate Models will no longer offer payment by check to your location. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. To avoid payment interruptions, please select a new payment method for your account."​
oh my I'm so sorry. That makes me so nervous. But I haven't got anything like that and i'm in a prettty remote area of Canada LOL I mean not sure remote. But ya... hmmmm

Upvote 0
I got the same message and switched mid december (wish i stayed with cheques till January at least) I first tried Skrill and the fee was horrendous! Why would Streamate send the funds in Euro?! Theres a conversion fee with skrill to from USD to Euro then another fee to CAD. Then there's another fee to withdraw from skrill. Then someone mentioned Masspay but I haven't been able to transfer my funds out of masspay I keep getting a coding error saying my birthday is invalid. There has been no support or replies from masspay whatsoever. I had to put a hold on all streamate payments to avoid losing anymore money to these third party sites.

I don't understand why Streamate would stop the cheques, I actually preferred that method. Now I'm looking into opening a USD account.

For any Canadian creators I would recommend spending some time trying to figure out payment methods because this has been going on for about a month for me.

Upvote 0
I got the same message and switched mid december (wish i stayed with cheques till January at least) I first tried Skrill and the fee was horrendous! Why would Streamate send the funds in Euro?! Theres a conversion fee with skrill to from USD to Euro then another fee to CAD. Then there's another fee to withdraw from skrill. Then someone mentioned Masspay but I haven't been able to transfer my funds out of masspay I keep getting a coding error saying my birthday is invalid. There has been no support or replies from masspay whatsoever. I had to put a hold on all streamate payments to avoid losing anymore money to these third party sites.

I don't understand why Streamate would stop the cheques, I actually preferred that method. Now I'm looking into opening a USD account.

For any Canadian creators I would recommend spending some time trying to figure out payment methods because this has been going on for about a month for me.
So I haven't Recieved anything like this. Is it just parts of Canada? I don't want to be surprised mid month 😅

Upvote 0
So I haven't Recieved anything like this. Is it just parts of Canada? I don't want to be surprised mid month 😅
you would have gotten a message on Streamate in your inbox regarding form of payment changing. I got the message Dec 9 hope that helps, maybe message support to confirm so you don't miss the date to change

Upvote 0
There is like 56 pages and I tried to search function but nothing came up. Id LOVE to know how to get into ACF'S SM discord group. I am back on SM :)

Reactions: sphinx867
Upvote 0
I don't know if you got an answer to this yet, but the Discord is shared and discussed more in the Streamate verified section :)

No I didnt, thanks! I didnt realize I wasnt in the models only one lol. This was the only SM thread I could find and didnt have time to dig :) thanks :h:

Reactions: GoddessKaeli
Upvote 0
Hello models 😉 Can you help me please
Yesterday i was open account on streamatemodels. Its good and i see Start my show (green click) but i dont see mail from site . I can start steaming? Or i need wait mail when site say me "welcome " etc?

Upvote 0
Hello models 😉 Can you help me please
Yesterday i was open account on streamatemodels. Its good and i see Start my show (green click) but i dont see mail from site . I can start steaming? Or i need wait mail when site say me "welcome " etc?
If you have the “start my show” button, you are able to start streaming.

Upvote 0
Hello again 😌
Who can tell me - i was open account, was streaming 2 day .
Im take 7 hours online and 108$ (i see it like 15$ in hour)
I was add country USA for traffic (but im in Britain)
Tell me pls - its good for webcam job? Or maybe coz its always for new models?
And how many need take in hour for stay always in good place for streamate?
Thanks for answering ❤️

Upvote 0
I took a model exclusive but quit when I realized she was simultaneously streaming to a competing site and talking with their members. Isn't that against Streamate rules? Why the hell would I pay for others to get a free show?
Completely agree! That's why whenever I go EXC with a model who has several room chats open on other cam sites I tell her to go those rooms offline before going EXC (She knows that I can see these other websites when she is online) Luckly, all have accepted my request!

Upvote 0
Completely agree! That's why whenever I go EXC with a model who has several room chats open on other cam sites I tell her to go those rooms offline before going EXC (She knows that I can see these other websites when she is online) Luckly, all have accepted my request!
Camming for some isnt as lucrative. On streamate we get 35%. Splitstreaming for some is essential. be sure to tip extra when you do this so models can make up for potential loss revenue.

Or go to models who dont split stream.

Reactions: LolaLuv
Upvote 0
Camming for some isnt as lucrative. On streamate we get 35%. Splitstreaming for some is essential. be sure to tip extra when you do this so models can make up for potential loss revenue.

Or go to models who dont split stream.
Hi Audritwo,

Thanks for your response. I have tipped hard for these models I go EXC to. And being Platinum, they know I am a good tipper. But I still believe that if I want something very exclusive it is not to be shared with anyone else but the model and myself.

Upvote 0
Hi Audritwo,

Thanks for your response. I have tipped hard for these models I go EXC to. And being Platinum, they know I am a good tipper. But I still believe that if I want something very exclusive it is not to be shared with anyone else but the model and myself.
being platinum? streamate models dont know members spending habits or member status. so we would have no way of knowing this. we only know what a member spends on us and not others. so models wouldn't know you tip well, until you do so.

Upvote 0
How does Streamate not have email notifications for when models sign on yet? Why is it mobile only?

I have noticed this too. It seems every other camsite has online notifications by email but not Streamate. No way I'd give them my phone number to receive text messages when models are online lol

Upvote 0