AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Where are you located? Models in some countries are paid 30%, if there's a history of fraud from that area.

I'm based in New Zealand. Where do you see this list of countries with fraudulent history? I signed up over a year ago originally so don't remember the contract.

Upvote 0
I'm based in New Zealand. Where do you see this list of countries with fraudulent history? I signed up over a year ago originally so don't remember the contract.

As far as I know, it's predominantly Eastern European countries. I'm not sure if there's a way to view a list of the countries. If you email support, they may be able to give you more info. Streamate support isn't the greatest, though, half the time you get someone who knows what they're doing, half the time you get someone who doesn't.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, it's predominantly Eastern European countries. I'm not sure if there's a way to view a list of the countries. If you email support, they may be able to give you more info. Streamate support isn't the greatest, though, half the time you get someone who knows what they're doing, half the time you get someone who doesn't.

Oh right! I recall someone mentioning a woman who works at SM and says she's fantastic. And to contact her if I needed anything. I can't seem to find that post about her but if you know who she is, I'd love to know! Thank you!

Upvote 0
Oh right! I recall someone mentioning a woman who works at SM and says she's fantastic. And to contact her if I needed anything. I can't seem to find that post about her but if you know who she is, I'd love to know! Thank you!

That would be Vanessa. I don't personally have her contact info, as I signed up through a studio and not her.

Reactions: JaimeOfArc
Upvote 0
That would be Vanessa. I don't personally have her contact info, as I signed up through a studio and not her.
I contacted her and she resolved the issue immediately. I was accidentally listed in a different country. They changed it and now I am finally getting my 35% Wooo! Thanks for the help! :D

Upvote 0
I contacted her and she resolved the issue immediately. I was accidentally listed in a different country. They changed it and now I am finally getting my 35% Wooo! Thanks for the help! :D

You're welcome! I'm glad that got straightened out for you!

Reactions: Puffin
Upvote 0
Tomorrows my first night on cam. I’m wondering since I’m not allowed to do gold shows yet will I solely be depending upon private/exclusive shows for income? If so how do they work? Will the client let me know how long to perform and what they want? Any tips on what to do/say to figure out the time range the client expects? How should I go about getting tipped in free chat? I don’t have pics/vids yet as rewards. I’m extremely excited to get started but I don’t want bomb completely. I browsed streammate and lots of models seem to do gold shows. Are private/exclusives less common for clients to want?

Upvote 0
i kinda feel like they only gave us the bonus because they dont want to bring in quality traffic in.. ive been noticing that the past few days.

Upvote 0
i kinda feel like they only gave us the bonus because they dont want to bring in quality traffic in.. ive been noticing that the past few days.
I agree and it would've been a smart business move on their part. However not having the site functional was huge blow to morale for customers and cam workers.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to get paid at paypal?
no. streamate offers to pay you via check and payoneer.
paypal doesn't do adult transactions. some camsites have payment processers, that allow members to pay for tokens via paypal, but that is only allowed, because they technically buy tokens and not adult services.

Tomorrows my first night on cam. I’m wondering since I’m not allowed to do gold shows yet will I solely be depending upon private/exclusive shows for income? If so how do they work? Will the client let me know how long to perform and what they want? Any tips on what to do/say to figure out the time range the client expects? How should I go about getting tipped in free chat? I don’t have pics/vids yet as rewards. I’m extremely excited to get started but I don’t want bomb completely. I browsed streammate and lots of models seem to do gold shows. Are private/exclusives less common for clients to want?

i make my income only through privates and exclusives. i could technically do goldshows, but i have trouble getting them started, getting enough buyers, so i just don't do them.

some clients will ask you before, if you offer xy and talk to you about it. some won't and just start the show. in that case i always ask "what can i do for you, what do you have in mind etc"
some will ask for specific items. but in my experience most of the request asking you to show certain items, toys, clothing are guys who want to jerk off to the fantasy of you using them and never take you private.
i say "yes i have. xy, i can show you in private"
some guys will take block sessions ( 15,30,46 and 60 minutes so you have an idea for how long he wants) but normally i never know before and i just go with the flow.

as for tipping in free chat. i offer to show my boobs, feet and other stuff for tips. ( sometimes guys will ask for stuff like putting your hair in a bun, armpits, whatever)
but personally i like to do stuff only in private / excl, because i don't want to cater to freeloaders and through the nature of being a private site i think it's okay that way.
( but depends on your camming style, how you want to handle you room of course)

and some people offer videos and pictures for tips or to get people tipping toward a goldshow.

it really helps to put what you offer in your topic and your profile, even though lots of guys won't even read it -.-

good luck and have fun with you first night!

Upvote 0
Thank you for the advice! I started a few nights ago. I really enjoy it. I've noticed a lot of people come in and out of premium chat. Am I doing something wrong? Why aren't they staying? Sometimes exclusives are short too. I can't help wondering if I'm not doing something right.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the advice! I started a few nights ago. I really enjoy it. I've noticed a lot of people come in and out of premium chat. Am I doing something wrong? Why aren't they staying? Sometimes exclusives are short too. I can't help wondering if I'm not doing something right.

The dudes popping in and out of premium chat are cheapskates trying to get a freebie.

Upvote 0
The dudes popping in and out of premium chat are cheapskates trying to get a freebie.
Thanks! I thought/hoped that was a possibility. Guys don't get charged for the first 30 seconds, right? As for the exclusives being short I've noticed it happens when I'm doing something I'm not familiar with. I always let the guy know ahead of time I'm not experienced with the fetish/kink they want. I'm trying to familiarize myself with dirty talk more. It's a big request but I run out of things to say. Fast. Really damn fast. Hopefully, I'll get better with time. I just hate that I'm potentially turning off regulars. Any advice for this?

Upvote 0
Thanks! I thought/hoped that was a possibility. Guys don't get charged for the first 30 seconds, right? As for the exclusives being short I've noticed it happens when I'm doing something I'm not familiar with. I always let the guy know ahead of time I'm not experienced with the fetish/kink they want. I'm trying to familiarize myself with dirty talk more. It's a big request but I run out of things to say. Fast. Really damn fast. Hopefully, I'll get better with time. I just hate that I'm potentially turning off regulars. Any advice for this?

Correct, but once they hit that 31 second mark, they get charged for a minute. It's always nice when they wind up staying for a couple seconds too long.

I'm rather bad at dirty talk, as well, but the thing to do is drag it out. Works with findom, works with SPH. Say a phrase, tease the camera with your eyes, rub your boobs, repeat. If you're masturbating and dirty talking, let out a few moans between lines. Don't worry about sounding too repetitive, because they're not going to really notice, silly as it'll feel to you. Obviously, don't stick to only two or three lines, but if you've said about 7-10 different things and run out of material, start mixing it up. Repeat the second line, then the fifth, then the first, etc, so that you're not repeating exactly what you said at the beginning of the show. Rephrase things slightly - wet pussy, drenched pussy, dripping pussy, soaked pussy all mean the same thing, but certainly sound different, don't they?

Upvote 0
Correct, but once they hit that 31 second mark, they get charged for a minute. It's always nice when they wind up staying for a couple seconds too long.

I'm rather bad at dirty talk, as well, but the thing to do is drag it out. Works with findom, works with SPH. Say a phrase, tease the camera with your eyes, rub your boobs, repeat. If you're masturbating and dirty talking, let out a few moans between lines. Don't worry about sounding too repetitive, because they're not going to really notice, silly as it'll feel to you. Obviously, don't stick to only two or three lines, but if you've said about 7-10 different things and run out of material, start mixing it up. Repeat the second line, then the fifth, then the first, etc, so that you're not repeating exactly what you said at the beginning of the show. Rephrase things slightly - wet pussy, drenched pussy, dripping pussy, soaked pussy all mean the same thing, but certainly sound different, don't they?
I'll be giving that a try. Bring on the dirty talk!

Thanks for the advice!!! I know the newbie questions get repetitive.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
I started out on mfc when I first discovered camming. But it just wasn't bringing enough traffic in. And I wasn't making much any money. then I found streamate and managed to make more money then when I was cashiering. I have to say I like both sites though. I feel like I have a lot of potential being on both.

Reactions: StarSpirit
Upvote 0

Just experience. You'll get better. And don't worry about them popping in and out so much, if someone doesn't like you then don't take it to heart. Camming is much easier when you let the little stuff like that go. You will not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's totally okay. :) Just do your best and many will appreciate your efforts to stick around. Be you and have fun (they can really tell and your earnings will reflect that).

Upvote 0
I'll be giving that a try. Bring on the dirty talk!

Thanks for the advice!!! I know the newbie questions get repetitive.
I've been on Streamate since last December and it does have a lot of great things to offer. I wish all the great things about MFC could also be part of Streamate, vice versa, but oh well. Don't worry about Gold Shows too much. Sometimes they are a great thing, sometimes not. (they do help with placement) AND it's easy to get caught up in them and attract the cheap guys all the time. I do them on occasion. But then again some girls just offer Gold Shows all the time. It's what they like. And some guys are just gold show guys. Gold shows are nice when it's that time of the month and you have to limit what you do. Premium chat? Take your time getting undressed. You'll figure out pretty quick soon who is going to bail after 20 seconds. There seems to be a 'book' these guys follow and you'll learn it after a few months. It took awhile for me to feel confident and KNOW I am the boss. Once you get there it's a great feeling. Remember this, daddy war bucks can pop in at any time. So don't get discouraged. AND the man who goes private rarely needs or demands anything in free chat. He wants it IN private, not free chat.

Upvote 0
I used to work on streamate, and when I took a break from camming I trained girls for it! It was my main site, I still love it a lot but it has gotten to the point where I cannot work on private type sites! In my experience on streamate:
1. If a members wants to tale you private he will,if not you can stay on ur hear while flipping pancakes with ur feet and he will not take you private.
2. In the first couple of days/weeks, depending on the model, members come and go, they are adding you to the fav list but still wanna wait a bit to find out how ur rep will be, a lot of members add you to the fav list(those little hearts you have on your profile page) and after a day/two/ten they check out your profile to find out what your rating is, if you have positive/negative comments and so on. So my advice would be to always be nice.
3. Gold shows are ok for newbiew on stream,because they help with the set up in the site,but never abuse them. If you do too many gs you might show off as a cheap model, one who sells herself lower just out of desperation.
4. Smile,Tease,Talk to people. Than start all over again, I always taught the girls to never stand too still, or if they have a bad day and cannot tease talk your mouth off. Be an entertainer.
5. Use the note option. Even if a member just tells you hi's name and maybe where he is from. I always used it, and it happened to me multiple times that a member liked me, we spoken for a bit, I noted all that was important about him(age,country,name,job etc) he had some internet/pc issues couldn't come visit me for a while because ...x reasons and when he finally did he was amazed I actually remembered at least his name...

As for the dirty talk...just say whatever you feel like, I used to visualize what I would like a guy do to me, and start from there. From the kissing,the touching,the moving etc.

I hope this will help someone.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm not yet a model but I'm very close to signing up with Streamates. The information here has been very useful.

I'm in UK , does anyone know if you can block the whole of the U.K so you don't appear on the entire Streamates network? They say they have 2000 websites you will appear on. I would prefer for my profile not to be visible in the UK.

Any UK models on here? Did you sign up direct with Streamates? How do you receive your payments?

I found a website in UK called Eye Kandi Models they are on Streamates network and the website looks exactly like Streamates, same models and everything just different colours on the website. They seem to cater for UK models and pay in Pounds straight into your bank.

Eye Kandi claims to give models 85% and say they pay models between 60p and £1 a min. Just wondering if this is a better deal as I won't have to deal with Payoneer fees or international money transfer fees?

Sorry for the long post I've never done camming before and I'm trying to make sure I have all the info before I leap.

Thank you

Upvote 0
Hello guys I joined streamates yesterday! So much fun! I need to know something though I am in Canada on a student permit! And I don't have a work permit to be working in Canada can I still work for streamates? Will they send Canadians tax papers?

Upvote 0
How does the whole "no external linking" thing work with things like videos? I see a lot of models promote "tip X to get Y videos," but wouldn't those links be external sites (e.g., MEGA)?

I've gotten some videos from other girls like that before, and they're still there so clearly they haven't been banned for it. If someone asks for my twitter handle or to buy something outside the site, is it okay to PM them that info?

Upvote 0
How does the whole "no external linking" thing work with things like videos? I see a lot of models promote "tip X to get Y videos," but wouldn't those links be external sites (e.g., MEGA)?

I've gotten some videos from other girls like that before, and they're still there so clearly they haven't been banned for it. If someone asks for my twitter handle or to buy something outside the site, is it okay to PM them that info?

I personally use Dropbox to share videos with the guys. As long as there's no way for them to find you elsewhere from the video or the link you gave, you're safe. So basically any 'cloud' type links would be allowed. You can't profit externally from sharing those type of links, which is what they're trying to avoid by not letting us promote our twitter and stuff.

So no, do not ever give out your twitter, fb, ig, tumblr, snapchat, etc. You can get suspended for that.

Upvote 0
Ah gotcha, thanks! Guess I'll have to rely on my viewers' ingenuity (and the fact that all my scrennames are as close to identical as possible) to figure out where else they could find me, and for what else.

Upvote 0
@Guy Personally I think it's more "vague" than "strict"

For instance, I can respect the fact that you aren't allowed to say do public cumshows, due to it being setup to be a private based site.

What annoys the hell out of myself and others however, is how they don't allow things seemingly at random. There's no list of banned words. The TOS is vague and frustrating. The only things that aren't vague are the illegal stuff (ex. nobody underage on cam, bestiality etc.)

When several of us emailed support asking for a banned word list they said to simply not do something if you didn't know.

They also do things without warning like how one of my guys commented on a chibi Deadpool doll I had in the background. Apparently "pool" is a banned word thanks to a 4chan raid, so every sentence the guy said with the word "pool" in it didn't go through.

I have no idea how long members thought I was ignoring them due to this. I only knew this thanks to him messaging me on twitter saying "Uh can you see this?"

Certain things I know I can't do on cam, like financial domination, and taboo because after I put them in my profile description they locked my account saying they had to be taken off as they were against their policy. *argh*

Upvote 0