AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
So, I'm new-ish and I'm trying to figure out how exactly to use social media to market my streamate account. I understand I can't give members on streamate any of my details, but does that apply the other way around? Like, can I post on twitter that I'm now streaming live on #streamate? Can I only give out my cammodels link? What about other sites fueled by streamate cams like femdomaddicts.com? Can I link to that? There are so many affiliates and streamate gives notoriously vague info. Plus, I'm still learning. Any tips appreciated!

Upvote 0
So, I'm new-ish and I'm trying to figure out how exactly to use social media to market my streamate account. I understand I can't give members on streamate any of my details, but does that apply the other way around? Like, can I post on twitter that I'm now streaming live on #streamate? Can I only give out my cammodels link? What about other sites fueled by streamate cams like femdomaddicts.com? Can I link to that? There are so many affiliates and streamate gives notoriously vague info. Plus, I'm still learning. Any tips appreciated!

You can promo whatever SM links you want on your social media. I have a white label link I use on my tumblr and website and use my cammodels link on my twitter. You can link affiliates if you want but honestly if you're going to do that you should make your own white label link from https://cambuilder.com/ (streamate's affilate builder site) and earn $ from whoever you convert

Reactions: KarlaKaress
Upvote 0
You can promo whatever SM links you want on your social media. I have a white label link I use on my tumblr and website and use my cammodels link on my twitter. You can link affiliates if you want but honestly if you're going to do that you should make your own white label link from https://cambuilder.com/ (streamate's affilate builder site) and earn $ from whoever you convert
This is exactly the stuff I'm looking for! Thanks :)

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Upvote 0
Hey gals! I am seriously confused and would be so grateful if someone could help me out. I just started out camming 2 weeks ago and (unfortunately) signed with internetmodeling. So far I have been very successful on their amateur website, but I am so bored of being limited to only that one site with low-ish traffic. Always the same people, and same mean girls.
As I'm with internetmodeling, I'm also approved on Streamate. I have tried working on streamate maybe 3 times and it's so bad for my confidence. I use the HD encoder, I have a good webcam, I have sound on, I have sexy, revealing outfits, I am communicative; but guys always come in the room and leave instantly. I've only been in private chat twice because I log off after like 45minutes of just sitting there with guys coming and leaving. On the amateur webiste I'm always the top model in any room, and have the most viewers and pvts. On Streamate I have like 3 viewers tops. What am I doing wrong? I really want to work there but I just feel so inadequate. Please help a sis out!

Upvote 0
Hey gals! I am seriously confused and would be so grateful if someone could help me out. I just started out camming 2 weeks ago and (unfortunately) signed with internetmodeling. So far I have been very successful on their amateur website, but I am so bored of being limited to only that one site with low-ish traffic. Always the same people, and same mean girls.
As I'm with internetmodeling, I'm also approved on Streamate. I have tried working on streamate maybe 3 times and it's so bad for my confidence. I use the HD encoder, I have a good webcam, I have sound on, I have sexy, revealing outfits, I am communicative; but guys always come in the room and leave instantly. I've only been in private chat twice because I log off after like 45minutes of just sitting there with guys coming and leaving. On the amateur webiste I'm always the top model in any room, and have the most viewers and pvts. On Streamate I have like 3 viewers tops. What am I doing wrong? I really want to work there but I just feel so inadequate. Please help a sis out!

you're not doing anything wrong. guys coming and going on SM is very common. if you're only staying on for 45 minutes, you're not going to be getting many regulars, private/exclusive shows, or anything like that. ESPECIALLY if you're not already well known on the site. give it some time. PUT IN the time.

Upvote 0
but guys always come in the room and leave instantly

They do this on every camsite, but it's more apparent on Streamate. A lot of guys just click through rooms until they find what they want. Some have very specific tastes or fetishes, and are looking for that exact model. It's not a reflection on you at all, but it does feel frustrating sometimes.

I log off after like 45minutes of just sitting there with guys coming and leaving

Frequently, you won't have much happening in your first hour-ish of being online. Then you'll get a nice long private, or three back to back, followed by a lull, then more action. Try to time your shifts around dinner time, or when people are either getting home from the bar horny or getting in a quick fap before work. Those are all times with the most action.

On Streamate I have like 3 viewers tops.

Since it's not a social site, there won't be a lot of people just hanging out in your room, and the ones who do, are often waiting for someone else to tip so they can see some titties without being the ones to pay. People who are going to pay, often ask a couple questions then immediately take you private, or take you private without a word.

Upvote 0
@RileyMoonshine Yup. They basically can't find you easily without say a link say from twitter. From what I understand the search box is also useless for members trying to find cammers who geoblock.

Upvote 0
Thanks, @Maxxx it is good to hear from someones experience.

So, I am finishing up my sign up right now and I came across this:
" Performer/Studio is allowed to own and operate a personal website; provided, that Performer/Studio shall not solicit Streamate customers or other Streamate Performer/Studios through use of the personal website. "

So no advertising your SM on a personal website? But linking on here, twitter, ect. is fine?

(Sorry if this is obvious I just want to be really clear on things)

Reactions: Maxxx
Upvote 0
@RileyMoonshine @Ann_Sulu correct me if I am wrong, I don't geo block and never have but from my understanding geo blocking doesn't technically effect placement but rather keeps you from showing up on the home page unless the member is logged in which ultimately makes you harder to find, which will in turn lead to less paid shows which in turn will effect your ranking which will probably all come together to equal lower placement overall buttttt....technically...ya know....it doesn't.

Upvote 0
@RileyMoonshine correct, you can not advertise in your streamate chat....no offsite contact, dont give out personal email or how/where they can find you on other sites. If you use the same name everywhere and these guys have half a brain they will google you and find you on their own.

You can advertise your room on twitter give out your cammodel link etc.....essentially you can bring all the traffic you want to them.

Upvote 0
Definitely use your cammodel link to advertise your room, as you will make a larger percent form those who sign up using it as well as a percentage of what they spend on other models. I know @AlexLady prefers to use live vs cammodel link to her chat and I believe there are some longer term benefits to that but I havent done enough research to know.

• Helpful!
Reactions: RileyMoonshine
Upvote 0
@RileyMoonshine @Ann_Sulu correct me if I am wrong, I don't geo block and never have but from my understanding geo blocking doesn't technically effect placement but rather keeps you from showing up on the home page unless the member is logged in which ultimately makes you harder to find, which will in turn lead to less paid shows which in turn will effect your ranking which will probably all come together to equal lower placement overall buttttt....technically...ya know....it doesn't.

Could be. Not sure. It was years ago that I tried using geoblock. All I knew was I had a few members I knew weren't in areas I blocked saying it was near impossible to find me. They may have changed things since then too.

Reactions: ElaySmith
Upvote 0
From everything I have ever been told if you are going to geo block on sm you can pretty much guarantee your traffic will go to shit which will in turn cause everything to go down hill. less traffic=less paying customers=lower ranking and on and on.... Im not saying geo blocking will make you unsuccessful on sm but it is definitely a major handicap compared to those who dont.

Upvote 0
From everything I have ever been told if you are going to geo block on sm you can pretty much guarantee your traffic will go to shit which will in turn cause everything to go down hill. less traffic=less paying customers=lower ranking and on and on.... Im not saying geo blocking will make you unsuccessful on sm but it is definitely a major handicap compared to those who dont.
Streamate's geoblocking feature has a major loophole. Someone who is in your blocked region can still view your profile if they click on an external link to it.
http://officialstreamatemodels.tumblr.com/search/Geoblock

Upvote 0
Streamate's geoblocking feature has a major loophole. Someone who is in your blocked region can still view your profile if they click on an external link to it.
http://officialstreamatemodels.tumblr.com/search/Geoblock
I guess the lesson here is that if you are going to geo block then dont promote your profile either. Also, if you are geo blocking bc you want to keep your cam life private would you even advertise/give out your room link via social media bc god know you cant control who has it or where it goes then.

Upvote 0
I guess the lesson here is that if you are going to geo block then dont promote your profile either. Also, if you are geo blocking bc you want to keep your cam life private would you even advertise/give out your room link via social media bc god know you cant control who has it or where it goes then.
Keep in mind that someone else could provide a link to your profile on a site like a blog or a Tumblr page.

Reactions: ElaySmith
Upvote 0
That was my understanding, too. The problem with not showing up to logged out viewers is that a lot of paying members browse first and then log in if they see something they like. It's not unusual for guys to say something like "I was just looking around, but I saw that you were online, so I HAD to log in and grab a show with you." For every guy that admits to browsing anonymously, there's probably quite a few more that don't mention it. If you aren't visible on the home page, those guys are likely to wind up in someone else's room.

The other thing is that I'm 99.5% certain the placement algorithm gives you a placement boost if you regularly convert new members (a guy visits your page and then decides to sign up for the first time). They haven't said that it counts, and there are no metrics available to us models, but all sites value good converters, and they'd be fools not to weigh it into placement on a site like SM. If you don't appear on the home page, you won't be able to convert new viewers (except your cammodels link). I don't know whether the algorithm punishes you for that, but you definitely lose the opportunity for a "high conversion rate" boost.

Upvote 0
ohhh @Ms_Gingersnatch thats a good point, it hasnt really crossed my mind that converting new members would help placement but I can definitely see that as a possibility now that you mention it. Everything thing else you mention is spot on, I get the whole 'I saw you on and just had to get a show with you' fairly often so anyone who geo blocks would automatically be loosing out on this kind of traffic.

Upvote 0

This is correct. Say I'm in California and you have New York blocked. I still won't be able to see you unless I'm logged in. With how many guys browse before logging in, you don't want to geoblock because you're missing out on them. You could be the perfect girl for them to visit, but they won't see you and can't discover that.

Upvote 0
I have different amounts for earnings. the home page I assume has my true earnings... but the one above the broadcaster doesn't show my long exclusive session....I guess I will keep checking and hoping it will update soon!

Reactions: KarlaKaress
Upvote 0
I have different amounts for earnings. the home page I assume has my true earnings... but the one above the broadcaster doesn't show my long exclusive session....I guess I will keep checking and hoping it will update soon!

Could be a glitch. Sometimes this happens. If you don't get paid for that long exclusive, contact liz@streamate.com

Upvote 0
I'm new to Streamate and I'm looking for some advice on how to get members to actually rate and comment after a show. I've seen some mentions here about offering freebies for people who rate 5 stars, etc but I'm also a bit confused about how to go about offering those freebies, since we can't link to things that are offsite. What kinds of things have you ladies and gents offered in the past that worked well?

Upvote 0
@KayleeGraves You can send content via downloadable links in messages to members. You cannot message members first. They must message you in order for you to send them. Two popular hosting sites are Project Maened and Dropbox.

Having a saved message ready, asking to rate and comment if they enjoyed the show has helped me out. I simply just click it in if the member and I are parting ways.

Upvote 0
@KayleeGraves You can send content via downloadable links in messages to members. You cannot message members first. They must message you in order for you to send them. Two popular hosting sites are Project Maened and Dropbox.

Having a saved message ready, asking to rate and comment if they enjoyed the show has helped me out. I simply just click it in if the member and I are parting ways.
Thanks! I hadn't heard of Project Maened before and I'll have to check it out now :)

Reactions: LittleLei
Upvote 0