AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Gold tips show up instantly in your earnings so if they aren't there it was probably a scam, unfortunately.

But I had other tips today...from other people and nothing has refreshed...

Upvote 0
But I had other tips today...from other people and nothing has refreshed...

What page are you looking at? Did you have any shows that also aren't showing up, or is it only tips?
I've never had a tip not show up right away in my earnings. The only time there's a delay for money to show up in earnings is generally after gold shows, and even then it takes less than 5 minutes.

Reactions: ExcellaExe
Upvote 0
What page are you looking at? Did you have any shows that also aren't showing up, or is it only tips?
I've never had a tip not show up right away in my earnings. The only time there's a delay for money to show up in earnings is generally after gold shows, and even then it takes less than 5 minutes.

On my account earnings on my dashboard, my session time none of it was showing up as it was happening this time.

Upvote 0
On my account earnings on my dashboard, my session time none of it was showing up as it was happening this time.
Are you looking at your dashboard while still streaming? I find mine doesn't update until I disconnect from the session.

Upvote 0
Are you looking at your dashboard while still streaming? I find mine doesn't update until I disconnect from the session.

I was and it wasn't showing up anything please I am crying :( does anyone know why an entire session and tips from multiple member would not be recorded?

Upvote 0
I was and it wasn't showing up anything please I am crying :( does anyone know why an entire session and tips from multiple member would not be recorded?
for an exclusive? could be the rare not get paid for exclusive glitch. contact liz@streamate.com. give her the time it happened. she will look into it.

*hugs*

• Helpful!
Reactions: Kiki Jane
Upvote 0
for an exclusive? could be the rare not get paid for exclusive glitch. contact liz@streamate.com. give her the time it happened. she will look into it.

*hugs*

I am sorry I have really bad anxiety already. I am freaking out because I don't know what happened or why it would happen to protect myself . I feel really taken advantage of and it is wrecking my morale right now. I just don't know why a whole session isn't logged and won't refresh.

Upvote 0
I am sorry I have really bad anxiety already. I am freaking out because I don't know what happened or why it would happen to protect myself . I feel really taken advantage of and it is wrecking my morale right now. I just don't know why a whole session isn't logged and won't refresh.
Make sure you know what a proper tip and paid session looks like so you know for sure!
It may be a glitch or make sure you look into not only your dash board earnings but your individualized earnings for each day to check.

Upvote 0

Also be sure you're looking at the right day. Streamate uses GBT so not everything lines up properly if you're in a different time zone.

Upvote 0
its okay. if you were tricked, it happens. i have really bad anxiety too. use this time as a learning curve. i got scammed out of hundreds of dollars when i first started camming.

do you know the difference between paid chat free chat? when you are in paid, you are in private. a custy has 30secs before he gets charged. so you might have people take you to private, and leave before the time. use this time to tease the absolute piss out of them. tips are always highlighted in yellow.
screencapture-streamatemodels-flash-1495833464543.png

Upvote 0
Deep breaths. Liz will help you out if it was a glitch and work to sort the situation out. She's kind of awesome. Did the tips make the tip sound? All tips on streamate make a sound, and tips above 25 dollars make a singing choir sound. Breathe, try to relax, contact Liz and explain your situation. She'll try to help you.

Upvote 0
Make sure you know what a proper tip and paid session looks like so you know for sure!
It may be a glitch or make sure you look into not only your dash board earnings but your individualized earnings for each day to check.

Liz (Streamate)
cleardot.gif
11:42 (5 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

I checked the logs on that user and he was just typing in that he was giving you gold tips. He was trying to trick you. I have attached a picture of what it actually looks like when you get gold. I will report this user to CS.

I’m sorry this happened.

Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:36 AM
To: Liz (Streamate)
Subject: Re: entire session disappeared

Girls I was scammed it was a typing bot or something :(

Upvote 0
Liz (Streamate)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

I checked the logs on that user and he was just typing in that he was giving you gold tips. He was trying to trick you. I have attached a picture of what it actually looks like when you get gold. I will report this user to CS.

I’m sorry this happened.

Liz is so sweet. What a douchebag. On the good news, it looks like he will be getting his account terminated. JUSTICE!

Upvote 0
Liz (Streamate)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

I’m sorry this happened.

Members can be dicks. I'm sorry you got scammed :h: tips always make a sound so have your speakers on. And like @AudriTwo said tips are always highlighted in yellow. I still get guys trying to scam me and I've been on SM for a bit now. Also, click on the $ symbol in the upper right on your stream page after a tip to make sure it was real. I've gotten into the habit of doing that after a guy tried to scam me with a 50 gold tip.

Yay for punishment tho :D

Upvote 0
Members can be dicks. I'm sorry you got scammed :h: tips always make a sound so have your speakers on. And like @AudriTwo said tips are always highlighted in yellow. I still get guys trying to scam me and I've been on SM for a bit now. Also, click on the $ symbol in the upper right on your stream page after a tip to make sure it was real. I've gotten into the habit of doing that after a guy tried to scam me with a 50 gold tip.

Hopefully he gets punished for his actions.

Thanks girls I will just chalk it up to a learning experience :( I will try not to let it bring me down

Upvote 0
How common is this on Streamate?
Probably no more than other sites. Unfortunately it sounds like she just didn't know what to look for and made a newb mistake. It has happened to the best of us.

Reactions: Kiki Jane
Upvote 0
How common is that on Streamate?
guys scamming models? posting fake tips? it happens on every camsite. newer the model, the more likely someone is going to try to take advantage of their naivety on the sites. i get people like this every once in blue moon. I get people who mainly now try get me showing my body parts on the promise of privates. @xxlvngdedgrlxx don't show anything without tip first. if they have no problem taking you to private and pay your per minute rate, then tossing you a few bucks to see boobs should not be a big deal.

support banning scummy accounts? all the time.

Upvote 0
Ha! @AudriTwo this is the second or third time in recent weeks that we have pretty much said the same thing within minutes of each other... keep that good advice coming :giggle:

Upvote 0
So I just signed up to streammate, but I couldnt find this thread and I couldnt remember Vanessa's twitter or website for signing up aghhh. Im guessing it's too late now to somehow link through?
did you sign up here? streamatemodels.com if so you signed up directly.
vanessa can be reached here if you wanna double check: modelinquiry@adultwebcammodel.com

but if you are with a studio, do not broadcast and streams. email support saying you changed your mind, and close your account. once your account is 100% closed, resign up through the url above. if you are having problems with support at anytime, email vanessa.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
did you sign up here? streamatemodels.com if so you signed up directly.
vanessa can be reached here if you wanna double check: modelinquiry@adultwebcammodel.com

but if you are with a studio, do not broadcast and streams. email support saying you changed your mind, and close your account. once your account is 100% closed, resign up through the url above. if you are having problems with support at anytime, email vanessa.
that looks like the page I signed up through, yeah. I went to streammate's home page and scrolled down to the bottom, where there was a "sign up as a model" link and clicked that (just double checked and yeah, thats where I signed up)

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
that looks like the page I signed up through, yeah. I went to streammate's home page and scrolled down to the bottom, where there was a "sign up as a model" link and clicked that (just double checked and yeah, thats where I signed up)
then you should be good to go! :D

Upvote 0
Freeloaders... ugh! I have been on SM for a mth now and love it! But the big issue I have are NO ONE will tip. I get good traffic and I cant complain about the prem or excl shows.with me being new to camming, 39yrs old and thick I am doing better then I thought I would. lol But I cant get them to throw out one gold for anything... i see all these tip menus.. stand up,feet, flash.. blah blah blah and people getting tips all the time. I have it set as 1 gold for requests and still cant get that. soon as they ask and i say anything.. like even "i might need a little encouragement" or send a tip menu message they leave. It really hits the ego .. Anyone have tips on how to get tips? I want the gold as much as i want the shows... lol I think my ass is well worth $1 to see... Help!

Upvote 0
Freeloaders... ugh! I have been on SM for a mth now and love it! But the big issue I have are NO ONE will tip. I get good traffic and I cant complain about the prem or excl shows.with me being new to camming, 39yrs old and thick I am doing better then I thought I would. lol But I cant get them to throw out one gold for anything... i see all these tip menus.. stand up,feet, flash.. blah blah blah and people getting tips all the time. I have it set as 1 gold for requests and still cant get that. soon as they ask and i say anything.. like even "i might need a little encouragement" or send a tip menu message they leave. It really hits the ego .. Anyone have tips on how to get tips? I want the gold as much as i want the shows... lol I think my ass is well worth $1 to see... Help!

sm is generally a private/exclusive based site where shows are the money makers vs tips. Some guys will tip and over the years it has gotten a lot better but in general guys are on sm looking for some action so it may take some time to build up regs that just want to tip to see you or buy your content. If a guy is asking what kind of panties your wearing instead of directing him to your tip menu say something along the line of "tip 5 gold, id love to show you" ... it will keep things more personal and maybe start a conversation. Also if you feel like you are attracting freeloaders don't be afraid to raise your rates as that tends to bring in a higher quality customer.

Upvote 0
Agreed with @ElaySmith. I'd also charge more than 1 gold to see your ass. You're only getting 35 cents of that. I have a tiered system for charging. Mine is 3 gold to stand, 5 to flash tits, 7 for ass.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
I've just started doing flashes for the first time, and I'm not sure how long is considered standard. Right now I pull down my shirt, remove my bra, let them show for a few seconds, play with them for a few seconds, bounce them up and down for a few seconds, then maybe show them just sitting there for a few seconds more, then put my bra and shirt back on. (EDIT: The part with my tits out is probably 10-15 seconds total.) Too long? Too short?

To me "flashing" IRL has always meant showing your tits for maybe 2 seconds max before you pull your shirt down and run away squealing. Like a Mardi Gras flash, but less drunk and shameless, lol! I'm pretty sure that's not what they are expecting for their tip, though, and if I'm going through the PITA of dealing with my bra, it feels like it should be a reasonably long flash.

Upvote 0
I do it for like 30 secs(ish). Sometimes when I'm spacey and require caffeine, I play with them a bit and pseudo forget I have them out. This will obviously cause for a longer flash. I don't think there are any real "rules" to flashes. Some cammers do longer some do shorter.

I have been just randomly throwing them out there on slow days... seems to get me more shows lol. but mostly just feet and butt shots! I dont want to just sit there doing nothing either.

Upvote 0