AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate to MFC: How to prepare for the switch?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
It is always so bizarre to me to see members think that they are qualified to give advice. I enjoy cooking shows, even if I rarely cook. Because I watch a ton of cooking shows, does that mean I'm qualified to teach a class to a bunch of newbies on how to be a chef? Heeeeck no. Actual chefs who trained hard at their craft would be absolutely insulted at my audacity - and worried at the danger I could put the students in because of my own ignorance. Because you know that I would be getting SO MUCH information wrong. To assume that I know as much as a chef and to think that I am qualified to teach newcomers... That would be the height of hubris, in my opinion. Sure, intentions might be good. But that still doesn't make it safe or something to encourage. Just because I like to watch, it doesn't make me qualified to teach when I have zero experience to back it up.

What really gets models going, however, is the fact that when members try to educate new models, there is ALMOST ALWAYS something VERY wrong with the information they are sharing. That is why it bothers so many. It would be irresponsible of us to encourage members with zero experience to teach models the ropes, when often, they will be taught something that could endanger their privacy or cost them tokens.

Do you know what the best advice you could give a model would be? Tell them to come here. We have a lot of models with a ton of different approaches to their modeling - AND A TON OF EXPERIENCE. If they want to succeed, they will do it. That would be the best help you could give to them. But, in my experience, a lot of "helpful" members are a bit addicted to the feeling of being a hero - a hero high, if you will, and prefer to give the information themselves than encourage them to seek these forums. Even if that information is wrong. They would rather cling to that helpful-hero feeling than have their models get proper information from someone else. That might not be what is happening in this situation, but we have seen it more times than I like.

So you can probably understand why we are extra protective when we see members act like they are qualified to teach newcomers, just because they've watched it. It's insulting, it's patronizing, it's dangerous, and often times, it's selfish too. If you care about these models and want them to succeed, encourage them to seek advice from their peers here, not from people who aren't qualified to answer them.

Ok well I won't keep responding here as the original poster was just looking for help. Again, I respectfully disagree with many of the assumptions you have made. The document was not intended for a MFC expert but someone new who might want a starting point. Yes it needs editing and if you would like to help make it better please let me know. A models safety is always my first interest - you'll notice I talk about region blocking a lot - and no I never had passwords to a models account and have rejected getting passwords when asked for help. I much prefer a screenshare so the model can see exactly what I am doing.

(snip)

The most common advice for writers: "write what you know." How about doing a guide for members?

I was momentarily sympathetic to the grief Striker44 was getting, until I actually opened the document and saw that his partner in crime was none other than The Greg on MFC, or whatever he calls himself. This guy is the most self righteous prick ever, whenever I see him tweeting stuff in his lame quest to help models.

Wouldn't surprise me if Greg was actually hated by the models he claims to help, as he seems as dull as dishwater and does come over as a know it all tosspot.

Plus having read the document, it looks like a five year old has written it.

• Funny!
Reactions: CosmicRose
I get that you are trying to be helpful, but this is the definition of mansplaining and it's not helpful at all. It's patronizing and egotistical. What makes you think that as a male member (who has never experienced being a model or the model side of MFC) you are qualified to write a guide? MFC provides a wiki page to models which actually explains what models need to know grammatically and accurately. Not to mention, we are on a forum full of actual models who have written tons of advice based on actual experience.
It's called a perspective from both sides of the window. Who better to give a view of something then someone who's watched countless models over 2 or more years?
The site caters to mostly men, so who better to say what most likely will make you the most money or give you the most attention. People who sell, want to know what the customer wants.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Emberblaze
It's called a perspective from both sides of the window. Who better to give a view of something then someone who's watched countless models over 2 or more years?
The site caters to mostly men, so who better to say what most likely will make you the most money or give you the most attention. People who sell, want to know what the customer wants.
That's not what his guide is about. Maybe read the whole thread first.

That's not what his guide is about. Maybe read the whole thread first.

its part of the whole. the thread is how does she make money.How does she keep interest. getting a seller and buyer perspective is nothing but beneficial.
most that dont have a lot of games or what ever going on but still make money.. are good talkers

I certainly agree that an experienced, successful camgirl is far more likely to give better advice than a guy who's never cammed before. The thing is Aspen Rae's or even KickAz guide to camming on MFC is unavailable. As Gen points out CamGirlWiki is available and it is edited by successful camgirls. But Striker guide covers additional information and is focused specifically on MFC. Not everything about on camming on MFC needs to be experienced in order to be explained. For example, I was recently in new models rooms who had switched from CB to MFC, and she was struggling to explain rank and camscore to her regulars from CB. After watching her struggle to explain it, I explained it simply. I'm sure she could have easily explained if she had read the document Striker produced. For the most part, he stuck to factual things like rank, token packages, and how to install Charlesbot and not controversial subjects like how to deal with trolls and overly demanding members.

Yet he seemed to be beaten-up for the sole crime of not having a vagina, even though the OP found the document useful.

Striker can correct me if I'm wrong but nothing in the document says this how to become top 20 model on MFC, it is a beginners guide. While your fan/gaming experience won't make you the head coach for Manchester United, I suspect you'd do just fine as youth soccer/football coach. That's the relevant comparison. As someone who doesn't watch that much football, I'd bet that Audri's recent experience watching football would make her a better Pee Wee football coach, than my experience playing football in Jr. High gym classes. Unless you both hate kids :woops:

You are correct bad advice can be expensive. But overhearing some newbie models at the Vancouver Taboo show last month, I realized that tuning on the broadcast button doesn't magically make you an expert on all thing MFC. ACF is awesome but only reaches a minority of models. Nor is all member advice is bad. In fact, since 90%+ MFC customers are male getting the perspective of what guys want is a good idea.
Well Kickaz has a blog where she has written some stuff that might be useful for new models. The biggest difference between coaching Manchester United and most youth Football teams is that in Manchester United the players are professionals who make money and in moth youth teams they don't and the coaches are volunteers. Notice I sad most youth teams because there are exceptions like Manchester Uniteds or Barcelona youth academies, where the coaches has to have some qualifications because they are expected to make the players into the Next David Beckham or Xavi and in those places I would be horribly under qualified. The models who are camming are professionals who get paid for what they do in a field that I have limited knowledge about and no experience in, which means I would be under qualified to write a guide for them. However I would be qualified to write a guide for the people over on r/gonewilde because they are amateurs who are not getting paid. Through of my extensive observations I have learned that guys likes to watch boobs, so the people there could use a guide on how to post more pictures of boobs.

What guys want is a lot of free sexually explicit stuff, just spend some time in the lounge and you will know it is true. Sure we can give our opinion on things and the models can listen to it if they want to, but most of the time they shouldn't because most of the time us members as a group doesn't know the heck we are talking about. Individually we might have some knowledge about certain things, but how would the models know whose advice to listen to when we have scammers like REelReal going around "helping" models?

Do you know what the best advice you could give a model would be? Tell them to come here. We have a lot of models with a ton of different approaches to their modeling - AND A TON OF EXPERIENCE. If they want to succeed, they will do it. That would be the best help you could give to them. But, in my experience, a lot of "helpful" members are a bit addicted to the feeling of being a hero - a hero high, if you will, and prefer to give the information themselves than encourage them to seek these forums. Even if that information is wrong. They would rather cling to that helpful-hero feeling than have their models get proper information from someone else. That might not be what is happening in this situation, but we have seen it more times than I like.

So you can probably understand why we are extra protective when we see members act like they are qualified to teach newcomers, just because they've watched it. It's insulting, it's patronizing, it's dangerous, and often times, it's selfish too. If you care about these models and want them to succeed, encourage them to seek advice from their peers here, not from people who aren't qualified to answer them.
I have tried to encourage new MFC models to come here, but I think this place seemed to good to be true because only one took that advice. As far as I know all the new models that I told to come here and didn't have quit MFC with one exception. I stopped watching new models because it is not fun getting to know someone when you know that they most likely will be gone within a couple of months never to be heard of again.

You guys should stick to jerking off... Oh my God.

its part of the whole. the thread is how does she make money.How does she keep interest. getting a seller and buyer perspective is nothing but beneficial.
most that dont have a lot of games or what ever going on but still make money.. are good talkers

Perspectives like what they like. Show ideas, what type of models they are into to, how they split up their tipping. Those perspectives we don't mind and be quite helpful sometimes. But if it's about the model side, no. You have no business on offering any advise related to that. You don't know the ends and outs properly.

All you know-it-all dudes need to sit the fuck down and masturbate. That's it. Don't worry about helping models. If they are having issues, send them our way. If they don't, OH WELL. Like 80% of new models quit within a month or two. Put that in perspective.

I'm seriously imagining some of you like vultures that circle around new models. "Need help bb? Cawwwwww"

All you know-it-all dudes need to sit the fuck down and masturbate. That's it. .

No no no, you don't get it, this is the modern world, masturbating is as boring as fuck. The model UI is much more of a turn-on. What does that little button above that other thingamajiggy do bb? Is it for setting fps bb? Have you ever had your resolution set at 1969 X 690 bb? What did it feel like bb?

:nerd:

You guys should stick to jerking off... Oh my God.

Perspectives like what they like. Show ideas, what type of models they are into to, how they split up their tipping. Those perspectives we don't mind and be quite helpful sometimes. But if it's about the model side, no. You have no business on offering any advise related to that. You don't know the ends and outs properly.

All you know-it-all dudes need to sit the fuck down and masturbate. That's it. Don't worry about helping models. If they are having issues, send them our way. If they don't, OH WELL. Like 80% of new models quit within a month or two. Put that in perspective.

I'm seriously imagining some of you like vultures that circle around new models. "Need help bb? Cawwwwww"

You can stop with the over the top dramatization. All rational help/suggestion is good help.
No, I've never typed BB in any chat lol.
In fact, the truth is, many members have helped many models familiarize themselves to the functions and ideas of doing well on the site. It' not great mystery that can't be comprehended and translated. No one said your first hand account wasn't valid. No need to compete and condescend about it.
Stop arguing with me and give her more advice :)

• Funny!
Reactions: MiaFoxUK
You can stop with the over the top dramatization. All rational help/suggestion is good help.
No, I've never typed BB in any chat lol.
In fact, the truth is, many members have helped many models familiarize themselves to the functions and ideas of doing well on the site. It' not great mystery that can't be comprehended and translated. No one said your first hand account wasn't valid. No need to compete and condescend about it.
Stop arguing with me and give her more advice :)

I was being hyperbolic. Take that stick out of your ass, son. We all know you are far from rational. If you didn't see my response was rational with hyperbole, that says a lot about you. I wasn't implying model side wasn't valid. Where did you get that?

But seriously stick to what you know. Member side and jerking off. Like why is that so hard?

My advise to OP: Stop listening to members and get verified. We have so much more info in the model section.

My very first night on MFC the guys were sooooo helpful and wonderful.

Except ALL OF IT WAS WRONG. ALL. OF. IT. (Ok one thing they got right in helping me mute guests and basics.) The rest? Wrong. Much of it MALICIOUSLY SO.

I've been doing this 3 years now, make my damn living doing it and idiots STILL maliciously pop into my SM room and try to "help me." Or some just think they actually know better than me and tell me to do things I KNOW don't work. Some that will even get my booted from my site. But they think they are helping.

Don't give models advice even if you mean well. Direct them to us here. That's the absolute best way to assist them. By teaching them not to just trust random members advice in their rooms. Chime in and even give them advice here but always direct them here (or stripperweb maybe I'm not active over there so I dunno) But the only thing you should tell them in their room is to come read for themselves. Because you might be wrong or your info outdated. Or hey, maybe you will be right. You and 5 other members might be SOOOO HELPFUL that they start to trust all the advice members give them and do something disasterous that destroys their camming career.

Not to mention I believe the advice of MANY is better than the advice of 1. Them getting to see for themselves us discuss and go over things. Sometimes even argueing. So that they see all sides of things and can make educated decisions.

I don't think members can't give decent advice sometimes. I just think it's a really bad idea.

But the idea of creating ANOTHER cam girl guide like the cam girl wiki is silly. Why do you need that? If this one is lacking offer to assist with it. Ask it be updated. There's no reason you need your own other than the fact that it makes you feel self important to be the expert cam model helper when you've never even been in our shoes. Creating your own guide instead of assisting Amber with the current one is the ultimate form of mansplaining lol. "I know a bunch of models made this but we can totally do a better job explaining their job to them."

All suggestions are good help? What about when members suggest jelly toys for penetration shows? Or dildo shows for thirty cents a minute? Or the baJILLION of members who tell new models that getting nude when they first log on will give them more customers, which will turn into more money? Or the members who say they will promote models to their twitter in exchange for free goodies/nudes/Skypes? And these are just examples I have seen posted on ACF that I am recalling at the top of my head - not counting the "helpful" suggestions I see posted in rooms or webpages or social media accounts. The point is, I see bad advice Every. Single. Day.

So I don't believe that all advice is not good help. Not all "help" is good for the model. Some suggestions are made with selfish intentions in mind (more hardcore content for less money) or are just plain dangerous. That isn't a dramatization. People who give advice on topics they don't know anything about can endanger people with their ignorance. That's the point we are trying to make. New camgirls are especially vulnerable to predatory or dangerously ignorant "helpful" members because they are so new, because they are so trusting. They believe that all advice/suggestions are good help, because they don't have the experience to tell them otherwise. I have seen too many "helpful members" use bad advice and selfish suggestions to prey on new models, and it isn't pretty. And I have seen even more "helpful members" intending to actually help, but instead, offering bad advice that ends up putting the model's money, safety, and privacy at risk. Are there a few who get it right and have good intentions to back it up? Probably. But I haven't really met one yet, which makes me think they are the very, very rare exception and not the rule.

Not all advice and suggestions are created equal. Not all of them are helpful. Some of them are actually dangerous. Some help is VERY bad help, and new models aren't always able to recognize the difference until it's too late. New models aren't always able to discover the difference between "rational" and "non-rational" suggestions because they are thrust into a new and overwhelming world here, and the members sound so confident and talk about how many models they've helped. It's easy to fall for the wrong help when everything seems rational at the surface. Which is why we encourage models to listen to models, not members who are convinced of their own rightness. We don't have ulterior motives and educating our fellow models, keeping them safe, and helping each other make bank is priority.

Some people don't like the guide. I get that. I can only imagine it's like a woman going to a male OB-GYN. I mean really how can a male successfully treat conditions only experience by women?

I know the document needs a lot of editing. I know somethings are not correct. And I know there are other resources out there, and of course some of them, like the amazing Amber Cutie Forum is in most ways much better then my little guide.

I also know that there are many, many rude guys that will try and scam a camgirl without giving it a second thought. Trust is not easy to come by. So just being a male trying to "help" is a scary concept to some.

All I can tell you is that this document originally started because a model coming form CB actually ASKED my co-author for help. He's well known on twitter for being friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. So it can happen that not all men want to scam models.

I got involved because this is a hobby, I'm a computer person, and I like to be nice and put good karma back when I can. Period. Nothing more then that. Guess what? The MFC website is not exactly rocket science. I certainly do not know everything of course but it is possible that by talking to model friends you can pick up a LOT.

I can not speak for my co-author but I have made several good model friends. I have helped models setup whiteboards, profiles, Charlesbot, Share sites and more. I have "manager access" to assist with the share site of 4 different models. I have never asked any for this access, and I have never asked for "favors", shows, tokens or money in return. I believe that a model has a very difficult job to begin with and I would never want to make anything more difficult. I do know the Share site VERY well but I've not played with these new Goals yet. I have helped some model friends increase their video resolution and an occasional other setting. This is done mostly through screenshots and the very occasional remote control -WITH the model watching! And only when they ask.

The only "Advice" I ever really give, I think, is that a good "Tip menu" is important. If you look at the document there should be VERY LITTLE to no real "Advice". This is intentional.

I have a pet peeve for region blocking and talk about that a lot because that's a safety issue and I think models need to know all things that impact their safety. And I think that's the perfect example. I strongly believe that a model needs to know that Region Blocking is NOT 100% perfect. Now MAYBE they will find this forum and MAYBE they will find some threads on it or MAYBE they won't. But there's a section in my document devoted to it and if they find that first they have a better chance of getting that info. If one model is helped by this it's worth it to me.

If there are things inaccurate in the document then PLEASE let me know so it can be fixed. I will be adding a more clear disclaimer and links to other resources as soon as I can. I believe the more resources available the better.

The fact of the matter is that the original poster asked for help. I posted a link to the document. She responded with "Your post is very helpful, thank you!". Mission Accomplished to me.

Now MAYBE they will find this forum and MAYBE they will find some threads on it or MAYBE they won't.
You know what would be really helpful to them? If you, ohhh I don't know, linked them to the forum. It's just as easy as sending them your document. If you're already linking them to something, why not send them a link to the best possible resource? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, right, because you don't want to give up the feel-good sense of accomplishment you get when you get to save the day. I get that you're not scamming them or whatever else, but you can't say there isn't a bit of selfishness going on there.

And...

Status
Not open for further replies.