AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate VS Chaturbate?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlyssaMichelle

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 14, 2017
United States
Twitter Username
@mixedbabyyy97
Streamate Username
mixedbabyyy
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000883183/Princess-Lissa/
Hey all!
Recently I've had a sort of falling out with Chaturbate. I haven't been earning as much as I usually have. I've only been camming for about 2 months now, but it seems like it really slowed down; even with varying hours, I can only get about 100 people in my room at most . I was thinking about giving that site a break for a week or two and trying out Streamate.

I would like to know your opinions on the site, going into it for your first time. What was your experience like? I'm a bit confused as I can't find anywhere about "the basics of Streamate" etc. I haven't seen a whole lot of posts about SM on here so I'm very interested on potential profits and your experiences if you're willing to share :shy:

Hey Alyssa! I started on streamate just this week so very new. I am also on chaturbate (its been my main site for over 6 months).
So comparisons from a noob!
1. Streamate seems more direct that chaturbate - less mucking round - the people there don't expect much for free so they either pay (take you private) or leave. That being said many are still time wasters but I think it's more common to just boot them out.
2. There will be FAR less going on in your room. Less pressure to always be entertaining. If people like what they see they will take you private for your attention.
3. Probably slightly more important to have really explicit boundaries on what you do and don't do on streamate. Guys seem to be looking for specific things so just be upfront about whether you do them or not.

Some streamate basics
1. First 30 seconds of privates the guy can cancel and not pay - so use the time to check the tech and clarify what he wants rather than getting straight to it
2. to kick people click their name and then the little foot symbol beside it (took me awhile to work that out haha)
3. Once someone appears in paid chat you are automatically in a private - there is not accept button unless it is exclusive or a block session

ahhh think that's it off the top of my head but ping questions if anything specific comes to mind!

Lucy did a good job of getting you the basic info. I will just add a little. SM is very strict with their rules so no offsite contact, dont give out your email addy or twitter handle or anything like that and don't ask for members info. No below the belt nudity in free chat. Charge for everything feet/flashes/stand/ass etc etc. Make sure there are no animals that can accidentally walk through your stream... even in the background.

SM is a private based site meaning no public shows. Like all sites there are time wasters and freeloaders but in general guys on SM are willing to pay bc they know they wont get anything in free chat. Last but not least 35% can be a disheartening cut but always keep in mind that 35% of a lot is more more than 100% of nothing.

Hey all!
Recently I've had a sort of falling out with Chaturbate. I haven't been earning as much as I usually have. I've only been camming for about 2 months now, but it seems like it really slowed down; even with varying hours, I can only get about 100 people in my room at most . I was thinking about giving that site a break for a week or two and trying out Streamate.

I would like to know your opinions on the site, going into it for your first time. What was your experience like? I'm a bit confused as I can't find anywhere about "the basics of Streamate" etc. I haven't seen a whole lot of posts about SM on here so I'm very interested on potential profits and your experiences if you're willing to share :shy:

Sorry to hear you are struggling with traffic. I have some tips that can help increase traffic entering your room and how to increase your income. I will say Chaturbate is a free chat site, meaning getting established with a fan base, regulars/mods/ect. does take time. If you take a period of camming off it's hard holding on to your regulars, not to say by consistently broadcasting you can't continually gain new regulars, it just takes investing the time.

I sincerely hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to direction questions to me. HAPPY to help!

• Check your connection. Make sure you are close enough to your routers recommended distance. Use a hardline to strength your connection. To check the status of Chaturbate, visit: status.chaturbate.com. We recommend high speed internet with a high upload speed & a computer with a decent processor.
    • Use social media. Direct traffic to your chatroom by being active on social media platforms like twitter, tumblr, instagram. Follow their TOS to avoid having your account shut down. Work smarter, not harder. Keep 25 hashtags ready to copy & paste to all your posts on all your devices. Follow us twitter @Chaturbate Instagram @cbcams, We can help promote you to our followers.
    • Be creative with your cam-shows, content & promotional images. Keeping your fans engaged and promoting yourself positively is the KEY to success. Creativity can help get people into your room, but engaging members helps keep them there.
    • Invest in yourself. Make an Amazon wish-list and add anything related to camming. Ask your fans to help you improve your webcam set up w/ a new laptop or webcam. Build up your webcam wardrobe with lingerie or maybe some cosplay. Fans want to see you happy and successful, they'll wanna help you.
    • Complete your bio. This is pretty straight forward, your bio is your first opportunity to tell your fans about yourself and explain the rules of your chatroom. We highly recommend putting some though & time into your bio because it does make a difference! We HIGHLY recommend selling content on your bio.
    • Use our Affiliate program. We pay out 20% revenue share. $50 for models who sign up using your link and $1 per click. The best case scenario for you, is a member using your link to join & purchase tokens, then tip you. Our affiliate program is a great way to increase your earning potential without even being online.

make sure to sign up to sm here: www.streamatemodels.com so you don't accidentally fine yourself joining a studio.

i say keep working cb, and add sm to your egg basket. starting out its sometimes good to try multiple sites.

make sure to sign up to sm here: www.streamatemodels.com so you don't accidentally fine yourself joining a studio.

i say keep working cb, and add sm to your egg basket. starting out its sometimes good to try multiple sites.
Yes that's exactly what I'm doing! I plan to play around with both. Thanks.

*Correction*

My apologizes.

Using our Affiliate program. We pay out 20% revenue share.
$50 for models who sign up using your link
$1 per free registration.

The best case scenario for you, is a member using your link to join & purchase tokens, then tip you.
Our affiliate program is a great way to increase your earning potential without even being online.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ramblin
Sorry to hear you are struggling with traffic. I have some tips that can help increase traffic entering your room and how to increase your income. I will say Chaturbate is a free chat site, meaning getting established with a fan base, regulars/mods/ect. does take time. If you take a period of camming off it's hard holding on to your regulars, not to say by consistently broadcasting you can't continually gain new regulars, it just takes investing the time.

I sincerely hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to direction questions to me. HAPPY to help!

• Check your connection. Make sure you are close enough to your routers recommended distance. Use a hardline to strength your connection. To check the status of Chaturbate, visit: status.chaturbate.com. We recommend high speed internet with a high upload speed & a computer with a decent processor.
    • Use social media. Direct traffic to your chatroom by being active on social media platforms like twitter, tumblr, instagram. Follow their TOS to avoid having your account shut down. Work smarter, not harder. Keep 25 hashtags ready to copy & paste to all your posts on all your devices. Follow us twitter @Chaturbate Instagram @cbcams, We can help promote you to our followers.
    • Be creative with your cam-shows, content & promotional images. Keeping your fans engaged and promoting yourself positively is the KEY to success. Creativity can help get people into your room, but engaging members helps keep them there.
    • Invest in yourself. Make an Amazon wish-list and add anything related to camming. Ask your fans to help you improve your webcam set up w/ a new laptop or webcam. Build up your webcam wardrobe with lingerie or maybe some cosplay. Fans want to see you happy and successful, they'll wanna help you.
    • Complete your bio. This is pretty straight forward, your bio is your first opportunity to tell your fans about yourself and explain the rules of your chatroom. We highly recommend putting some though & time into your bio because it does make a difference! We HIGHLY recommend selling content on your bio.
    • Use our Affiliate program. We pay out 20% revenue share. $50 for models who sign up using your link and $1 per click. The best case scenario for you, is a member using your link to join & purchase tokens, then tip you. Our affiliate program is a great way to increase your earning potential without even being online.
Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.