AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The 90's project

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a sucker for this trip hop gem:

The artist walking down the street video was a strong concept in the 90's that I sometimes miss.
I don't like overloading videos in one post so the next one will be a video in the key of this concept as well, so we can let it sink in and compare.

Back in the 90's I was introduced to something that is considered rap in some circles. I don't know, they aren't really regarded as pioneers of their craft, but, it was the closest thing I ever got to rap music and it kind of talked to my inquisitive mind about others beside myself at that early age (yes, I used social media to influence me):

A bunch of songs by Arrested Development (not sure what happened to them) who I really dug:

Another group I really dug for their jazz stylings:

(where I'm from nappy head is life)

The De La Soul album I know misses the 90's by one year! LOL.

The last one is the Pharcyde. They were the coolest (not sure if anyone knows them but check 'em out):

The full album Bizarre Ride II:

I had a very wide taste in music back then. Still do, actually. But, something about the late 80s to early 2000's era music is still appealing. I listen to Lithium frequently which is grunge and punk from then.

Couple favorite songs from the 90's:

While this was released in 2003, it's worth a mention:

Reactions: Dan Epstein
I love Sepultura!

Main reason I wanted to play drums so bad as a little kid and also the main reason I gave up throwing the metronome out of the window because I just couldn't keep the beat right. Fun fuct: As I was uploading the song, I spotted a video on the right side of the page with a bad ass girl playing/covering the drums part and that has got me thinking how such a pussy I've been. lol.

Pure metal from the 90s

I once got to see Sepultura in probably 1992 at a converted bowling alley/concert hall. I couldn't handle the mosh pit (or, that place a person went to on the floor in front of the stage to be elbowed in the face and kicked the groin by uber aggressive males moved by the tunes), but I did see a guy climb to the top of the speakers on stage, which were ten or twelve feet high and another four feet from the ground to the stage, and then hold his arms out and then jump off. I think he was expecting to be caught by the people on the floor.

Instead everyone cleared and he went SPLAT full body outstretched on to the floor. I'll never see anything like that again.

The artist walking down the street video was a strong concept in the 90's that I sometimes miss.

How about the artist standing in the same place with random scenes interplayed?

One of the most cringe inspiring videos from the 90s - Queen of Country Tammy Wynette paired with British electronic KLF. The song was actually pretty cool at the time.

Less weird, light FM of the late 90s - how about an honorable mention for Vonda Shepard? Gotta be some McBeal fans

Never was sure if Paula Cole was sincere or being Alanis ironic with this, year later it didn't matter with Dawson's Creek filling her pockets and stunting her career. Shame, wanted to hear more.

Wait, did we even include Alanis?

Last edited:
How about the artist standing in the same place with random scenes interplayed?

One of the most cringe inspiring videos from the 90s - Queen of Country Tammy Wynette paired with British electronic KLF. The song was actually pretty cool at the time.

Less weird, light FM of the late 90s - how about an honorable mention for Vonda Shepard? Gotta be some McBeal fans

Never was sure if Paula Cole was sincere or being Alanis ironic with this, year later it didn't matter with Dawson's Creek filling her pockets and stunting her career. Shame, wanted to hear more.

Wait, did we even include Alanis?

Cowboys ain't gone nowhere, and the thread lives!

I was wondering if your friend has some sort of 90's podcast or something? Maybe you mentioned it before and I couldn't figure it out.

A late 90's band (98 I think) out of Chicago Illinois that doesn't exist any more aside from reunion shows. Apparently they are loved there. I saw them twice and loved it all and was amazed--coolest stuff (I do have to say that the drummer had the spirit of Keith Moon in him when he played...Nuts!). I think they put out two albums and and digital thing on the internet. Every once in a while I go to them for raw dark stuff. Even they can make that song "I'll meet you in church sunday" fucking cool:

I actually got the balls to talk to the vocalist/bassist when I drank beers and offered to help her unload the equipment after the show. She was so nice to me and politely declined my help. I know she was just passing time talking to me but she actually defended me against another fan who thought I was a problem (I think the woman had a problem with my appearance for some reason), which was super odd, as I was just in a kind of inebriated fan-boy state. Such a cool person.

Last edited:

Reactions: Kali Castle
I was wondering if your friend has some sort of 90's podcast or something? Maybe you mentioned it before and I couldn't figure it out.

A late 90's band (98 I think) out of Chicago Illinois that doesn't exist any more aside from reunion shows. Apparently they are loved there. I saw them twice and loved it all and was amazed--coolest stuff (I do have to say that the drummer had the spirit of Keith Moon in him when he played...Nuts!). I think they put out two albums and and digital thing on the internet. Every once in a while I go to them for raw dark stuff. Even they can make that song "I'll meet you in church sunday" fucking cool:

I actually got the balls to talk to the vocalist/bassist when I drank beers and offered to help her unload the equipment after the show. She was so nice to me and politely declined my help. I know she was just passing time talking to me but she actually defended me against another fan who thought I was a problem (I think the woman had a problem with my appearance for some reason), which was super odd, as I was just in a kind of inebriated fan-boy state. Such a cool person.

An awesome finding! My friend's radio show is available online, but it's narrated in Hebrew, (and i stole the name of the thread from it), kzradio.com is the station online.

Happy Holidays and a blessed new year to come for all. I am including this cool song because it is my name:

So much great stuff from them in the 90s. My first show was in 94 at the Rosemont Horizon in Chicago and was released as a cd set with this one being the standout:

While this is soundboard, the audience tapes are so amazingly joyful (wish they could have released that as a bonus track or something) to listen to because you really hear the crowd basically cheer the fuck out of that song and guide the progression (between 3:55 and and 6:30)

And for those in the know: flaws and all, the best NYE party ever if you could get a ticket:

Did you just give me the Uncle Carl throwing away Jazzy Jeff Maneuver?

I watched that show in syndication, funny stuff, but yeah Uncle Carl is my fav.
RIP James LaRue Avery, pour a little out for him.

Hey wait. Did we entirely forget "Boys to Men"? Motown Philly was 1991 with the unforgettable

The uncle you are referring to was Uncle Phil not Uncle Carl. Carl Winslow was the dad from Family Matters. Erkel mad his life so miserable we wishes he was Uncle Phil.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT
Status
Not open for further replies.