AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Grand Tour (Previously Top Gear)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexi Emerson

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 11, 2014
Your mom's vagina, USA
Twitter Username
@lexisloancam
MFC Username
lexisloan
Chaturbate Username
foxielove
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/108450/Lexi-Sloan/
Anyone watch the series premiere of The Grand Tour or were fans of Top Gear when Clarkson, May, and Hammond were hosts and plan on watching it?

I just watched the premiere and I am pretty happy with it for the most part! It is pretty much Top Gear shot even better somehow. It is a bit more Americanized which is meh to me but so far they're just making fun of that aspect of it which makes it alright!

I must have laughed for 5 minutes straight over James May getting a speeding ticket... for driving 37 MPH. :haha:

Basically I am happy with it so far though I had high expectations being such a big fan of the guys and knew they wouldn't just let their image go to shit just to make a new show!

I used to love Top Gear, and it's still obviously a fun show, but it really put me off that people were so ready to simply forgive Clarkson's continued insistence to behave like a giant middle-aged spoiled toddler, and The Grand Tour just feels like a reward for bad behavior. That stated, I am a huge fan of James May. I know there are truckloads of cash involved with The Grand Tour, but I would have been more pleased if he had taken the opportunity to work on his side projects more regularly, especially Toy Stories.

I thought it was really good. It's basically Top Gear but with a much bigger budget than the BBC could ever hope to afford, which means they can really let loose. It's great to see the trio back especially after the epic disappointment of the last series of the actual Top Gear with Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc. It really put into focus just how much they are missed. I'm looking forward to seeing just what they can do now they are free from the BBC's restrictions.

I actually liked Top Gear America. They dropped most of the Top Gear format in the second season, and just focused on challenges, and I thought that made it better. They obviously had to make changes, since nobody is going to capture the same sort of thing Hammond, May, and Clarkson have together.

Since I don't currently have Prime, I'm curious: how much of the Top Gear format does The Grand Tour keep? Is is just a series of the "special" challenge episodes with a single focus -- part car show and part travel show, like the title suggests -- or is it more of a magazine format with separate segments, like regular TG episodes?

Well, we'll have to see. Spoilers abound : They had a celebrity segment, but may not have more after the deaths. Certainly no star in a worn out car. They do have a track, it's shaped similar to an Ebola protein, hence Eboloadrome. Could be shaped like a linguine. Depends on the chef. Instead of a Stig they have Mike Skinner, former NASCAR Busch series champ overplaying the American character doing the lap records for their new test board. Hope they tune that down since it pleases nobody. His Evel Knievel looking Red/White/Blue racing suit with a Chicken Shack sponsor is a bit much.

Otherwise it was hijinks with the unholy trinity, mostly burning the tires off hypercars around Algarve’s International Racetrack in Portimão (Portugal). A few nods to their production being done by Americans now with an overly long/awkward montage of them "getting beaten up by the crowd" for claiming the Royal Air Force was the best during another studio (tent) pause. It had bumps, timing on the studio segments was actually pretty rough, but when they went out to play it was like TG several seasons ago when they liked what they were doing. This viewer could like it as well.

They have challenges upcoming. Also some shows that may not be about cars.... more on that when seen. They said episode 2 wasn't about cars, hope it's not Jez parasailing.

Come on over to watch any time. Everyone's invited.

Edit : As for Jeremy punching the producer, I agree he's a prima donna ape. On the other hand, he punched a man. Didn't rape anyone, didn't touch kids. Somehow the latter are excused so much easier these days because they're so common now. A man punched a man? It's shocking in the rarity.

Last edited:
The first episode was okay, the second was iffy, but the third was very good. I hope this means they found their stride and will keep going strong. I also hope they find a better tame racing driver for their second season, listening to him just annoys me for some reason.

Reactions: Lexi Emerson
Yes! Huge Top Gear fan! I loved the first episode of Grand Tour, I agree the second was ok and the third pretty good. I am pretty much always entertained by Clarkson, Hammond and May, even when it's super cheesy. As far as content, they are pretty much giving a big middle finger to the BBC with the way they are running the show. It's SO similar to Top Gear; TG/GT. I think that's the point they are trying to make though, it's a big joke.

I used to love Top Gear, and it's still obviously a fun show, but it really put me off that people were so ready to simply forgive Clarkson's continued insistence to behave like a giant middle-aged spoiled toddler, and The Grand Tour just feels like a reward for bad behavior. That stated, I am a huge fan of James May. I know there are truckloads of cash involved with The Grand Tour, but I would have been more pleased if he had taken the opportunity to work on his side projects more regularly, especially Toy Stories.

I kept up a bit with the whole TG controversy since it happened. I guess some people can get away with acting like toddlers and thank goodness! Clarkson is famous for that very reason and it wouldn't be the same kind of entertainment without his whining. I'm sure getting sued by the punched producer wasn't helpful, but I think the BBC overreacted just a hair and are likely paying for it in viewers.

Yiiisssss! I've seen all episodes of Top Gear, and so far GT is excellent! I love how they have the bigger budget, and how much more lax Amazon is on the rules for the shows. 10/10

Reactions: AliceoftheSKY
I'm really loving Grand Tour so far!! I the rapport these three have, always making fun of eachother. I was one of those people who was SUPER sad when they left Top Gear, and binge watched James Mays cars of the people while crying and eating ice cream. I literally squealed with excitement over Grand Tour!

Status
Not open for further replies.