AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The iWantClips Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering they mark 100% commission on custom vids, as a user, I was very surprised they took 40%. I was brought to that site under the impression that she was getting 100% (this coming from the model). Now with 5% chargeback insurance, she will get 55% of my money, which is less than all the other competitors...
I do not think the models realize that they are getting only 60% of their fans money, and 55% if the opt in for CB insurance.
So. The deal with this is ... we set the price. We get 100% of the price we set on customs. When we are setting up for customs we actually CAN see that the member is getting charged more. We know this. We get 100% of the price we set. The member pays an additional fee.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get paper check by mail? I made payout on the 26th. It says 2-7 days from the process date, but that is still blank.

I was just reading through the newest email sent by IWC in regards to the new chargeback policy and there was little line that was a little puzzling, which I wanted to seek further clarification on.

According to the policy, "Please note that the default selection is no coverage and this implies that all chargebacks along with any fees imposed will be applied."

What fees are associated with chargebacks? I have seen chargebacks taken out of model earnings on other sites - and have had such taken out of mine. But I've never had extra fees charged to my account for a chargeback. What extra fees would the model potentially be responsible for, in addition to the chargeback itself?

I was just reading through the newest email sent by IWC in regards to the new chargeback policy and there was little line that was a little puzzling, which I wanted to seek further clarification on.

According to the policy, "Please note that the default selection is no coverage and this implies that all chargebacks along with any fees imposed will be applied."

What fees are associated with chargebacks? I have seen chargebacks taken out of model earnings on other sites - and have had such taken out of mine. But I've never had extra fees charged to my account for a chargeback. What extra fees would the model potentially be responsible for, in addition to the chargeback itself?
Which sites have you had chargebacks on?

Most probably their banks charge them a fee for chargebacks (on top of the initial sale reversed). Maybe they will pass this fee onto the models?

Most probably their banks charge them a fee for chargebacks (on top of the initial sale reversed). Maybe they will pass this fee onto the models?

Don't banks charge a fee of $35 for each chargeback!?!

@iWantClips.com, please tell me that you're covering the chargeback bank fees regardless of whether we opt-in for the 5% cut or not.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu

@iWantClips.com, please tell me that you're covering the chargeback bank fees regardless of whether we opt-in for the 5% cut or not.

If they don't cover fees I'm out. That's unbelievably unfair and AWFUL business practice.

Reactions: Vera

Hi KylieJacobs,

Thank you for your question. The way our Chargeback Protection plan is designed, there will be a $35 fee per chargeback. This does not mean that every item that is charged back will receive this fee. The $35 fee is split evenly between all items associated with each chargeback. For example, if a chargeback occurs for $100 and 10 clips were purchased, each clip will receive an additional $3.50 fee.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to billing@iwantclips.com and we'd be more than happy to further assist you.

Kind Regards,
The iWantClips Team

Hi KylieJacobs,

Thank you for your question. The way our Chargeback Protection plan is designed, there will be a $35 fee per chargeback. This does not mean that every item that is charged back will receive this fee. The $35 fee is split evenly between all items associated with each chargeback. For example, if a chargeback occurs for $100 and 10 clips were purchased, each clip will receive an additional $3.50 fee.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to billing@iwantclips.com and we'd be more than happy to further assist you.

Kind Regards,
The iWantClips Team

So if only one 10 dollar video is charged back... That's still a 35 dollar charge back fee for the model?

Hi KylieJacobs,

Kind Regards,
The iWantClips Team

THIS IS SO FUCKED UP. Your not only NOT covering chargebacks but your NOW charging us $35 PER CHARGEBACK.. So if someone orders 6 separate videos and charges back ALL of them we get charged $35 PER VIDEO.. That's fucking ridiculous.

Hi KylieJacobs,

Kind Regards,
The iWantClips Team

You say that if a chargeback includes ten clips for 100 dollars... It will only have one fee. But I know that banks treat each transaction as its own separate entity, even if the transactions are only a few minutes apart. It is considered a complete different purchase with its own overdraft fee. And it is not unusual for a customer to buy a clip from me, watch it, enjoy it, then come back for another one. I've had customers buy a clip every single hour for many hours, not wanting to buy them all in one bulk purchase.

If those ten clips are not purchased in the same purchase order, but rather spread out over an entire day - say, one clip every fifteen minutes.... Is there still only one $35 fee for the entire purchase spent that day? Meaning we would be out $135 (ten clips @ $10 plus chargeback fee)? Or is each purchase treated as its own transaction, each one requiring their own chargeback fee because they were purchased throughout a day? Meaning we would be responsible for $100 in video returns, as well as $350 in chargeback fees alone? Totaling $450 (ten videox @ $10 plus ten transactions @ $35 fee)....

I am sorry for asking so many questions - I am just feeling very confused about this entire thing. I've never been apart of a site that made its models responsible for the chargeback fees as well as the video returns, so I am really trying to wrap my mind around how this works and exactly what we models are responsible for!

So if only one 10 dollar video is charged back... That's still a 35 dollar charge back fee for the model?

With this, it would end up costing you the $35 fee plus losing the money you were paid from your video (about $7). So, about $42!!!! :eek:

@iWantClips.com I can understand taking back what was paid to models for chargebacks, but passing the $35 fee onto models is a bad business decision.

Hello BlairLuxe,

Yes, that is correct. However, it is very uncommon for someone to chargeback on one item/video. We work with customers and models to find solutions to avoid chargebacks and is a top priority for us. If you have further questions or any other concerns, you're more than welcome to reach out to customerexperience@iwantclips.com or billing@iwantclips.com.

~The iWantClips Team

You say that if a chargeback includes ten clips for 100 dollars... It will only have one fee. But I know that banks treat each transaction as its own separate entity, even if the transactions are only a few minutes apart. It is considered a complete different purchase with its own overdraft fee. And it is not unusual for a customer to buy a clip from me, watch it, enjoy it, then come back for another one. I've had customers buy a clip every single hour for many hours, not wanting to buy them all in one bulk purchase.

If those ten clips are not purchased in the same purchase order, but rather spread out over an entire day - say, one clip every fifteen minutes.... Is there still only one $35 fee for the entire purchase spent that day? Meaning we would be out $135 (ten clips @ $10 plus chargeback fee)? Or is each purchase treated as its own transaction, each one requiring their own chargeback fee because they were purchased throughout a day? Meaning we would be responsible for $100 in video returns, as well as $350 in chargeback fees alone? Totaling $450 (ten videox @ $10 plus ten transactions @ $35 fee)....

I am sorry for asking so many questions - I am just feeling very confused about this entire thing. I've never been apart of a site that made its models responsible for the chargeback fees as well as the video returns, so I am really trying to wrap my mind around how this works and exactly what we models are responsible for!

Hello paige_orion,

Thank you for your questions and don't feel the need to apologize :) We would be more than happy to address your concerns. It is extremely rare that a customer would purchase clips individually in rapid succession. Most of the time if they were to purchase a single clip, the likelihood that they will buy multiple clips is very high. The $35 fee applies to each credit card transaction and not a site transaction. If somebody adds $100 to their account and then proceeds to purchase 10 items over the course of a day/week/month and then decided to chargeback the $100 then there would only be one $35 fee split across the 10 items.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to customerexperience@iwantclips.com or billing@iwantclips.com.

Kind Regards,
The iWantClips Team

Hello paige_orion,

Thank you for your questions and don't feel the need to apologize :) We would be more than happy to address your concerns. It is extremely rare that a customer would purchase clips individually in rapid succession. Most of the time if they were to purchase a single clip, the likelihood that they will buy multiple clips is very high. The $35 fee applies to each credit card transaction and not a site transaction. If somebody adds $100 to their account and then proceeds to purchase 10 items over the course of a day/week/month and then decided to chargeback the $100 then there would only be one $35 fee split across the 10 items.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to customerexperience@iwantclips.com or billing@iwantclips.com.

Kind Regards,
The iWantClips Team

hallelujah-gif.gif

Hallelujah2.gif

So... after passing the $35 fee down to models, are you not writing it off of your taxes as an expense?
Hello JickyJuly,

Thank you for your question. No, we will not be writing it off on our taxes as an expense. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,
The iWantClips Team

Does anyone know how I can make a product to sell a photoset? It is a zip file, I can only find an option to sell 1 specific picture, which isn´t what I need.

Does anyone know how I can make a product to sell a photoset? It is a zip file, I can only find an option to sell 1 specific picture, which isn´t what I need.
You need to use the PDF/Doc/File upload option.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Dani Picas
It looks like I can only charge a dollar amount per video, no cents anymore. I was trying to charge the same rates as I do on my other stores - typically with the .99 on the end. Is this something new?

Came in here specifically to post my experience with them. Tried to buy something from a content provider on the site. Instead the site does not work and lo and behold the money I tried to spend is stuck on this site, in "their" account. So not only did I not get what I was trying to purchase they have simply transferred money from my bank account to theirs. Attempts to get his money back has been nothing short of insane. The first thing they want is a 20% cut off the top, and then when you say no please refund the entire sum you are threatened with legal action immediately, in the first "customer service" email.

From the point of view of a consumer this site looks more like a scam site than a legitimate business. Im not going to do business with this site for obvious reasons, but I also will not buy one thing from anyone who puts there material on that site. And that for means even if a content provider has content on another site entirely, if your stuff is on iwantclips I am not interested. I dont know how they treat people who actually put content on their site, but they certainly come off as amateurish to your customers, and are not a good middleman for anyone trying to grow a fanbase.

As you can imagine I am pretty livid, and now need to go to my bank to get them involved. Keep in mind, no content was purchased, after 25 minutes of trying to get the site working, I sent customer service a request to stop payment and refund the money. It should have ended right there, and honestly due to the nature of the site I think it obvious what they are attempting to do.

And in closing they are ripping off your customers who want to do business with you, not them. It makes the entire thing look bad and everyone associated with it look like crooks.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: SaffronBurke
It looks like I can only charge a dollar amount per video, no cents anymore. I was trying to charge the same rates as I do on my other stores - typically with the .99 on the end. Is this something new?

Hi IvyStarshyne,

This was a bug that was resulting in models only being able to charge whole dollar amounts per video. We are happy to report this issue has been resolved. You should now be able to price your clips including cents :) Please let us know if you have any other concerns and thank you for your patience throughout this!

All the best,

The iWantClips Team

Reactions: IvyStarshyne
Can you sell items on Iwantclips? Like panties, old shoes, ect..?

Hi Asteria420sextime,

Unfortunately, we do not allow those items to be sold on the site. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a great weekend!

All the best,

The iWantClips Team

Status
Not open for further replies.