AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Mystery of Anonymous

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2014
anonymous.jpg
I keep seeing an Anonymous models show up in the Miss MyFreeCams contest and I wonder what's going on with this. Maybe it's just blocked for me? My guess is that these anonymous models are top models with a huge following only taking offline tips.

Maybe it's a collective of models banding together or maybe it's just a system bot running amok.

Or just this.

ZPij9Zn.png

It's probably just someone who blocks locations and doesn't want the Miss MFC visibility.

What are the benefits of listing yourself as anonymous?

I wouldn't say there are "benefits" exactly, but a model could do it for a number of reasons.
-She blocks locations and is really secretive about her location/camming, doesn't want the Miss MFC visibility.
-She doesn't want to be a part of the drama fest that can happen among the top 20.

Yeah, this would make sense. I didn't know it was a pulldown choice for the model.

I've seen this happen before now that I think about it. A top model ran as anonymous for part of the month and then switched in the final stretch.

I though it would've been her blocking states/regions, but also didn't realise your girls had that drop down option...although that drop down option is a blanket anonymous for the whole MFC site?

Up until this thread I thought this was the case - that 'Anonymous' appearing on the list was due to someone blocking my state/region/country/etc.

I think you can still see the model if she has your region blocked, but her room/profile link won't be clickable in the Miss MFC list like it usually is. That was the case for me at least a few years ago when I lived in a state that Joey_Kim blocked.

Have to admit, I was hoping for conspiracy theories but hiding your location sounds logical. However..

I remember chatting with a model about what you could do with the offline tip feature. It was just fun talk, but what I proposed is that you could set up your cam on a website or somewhere private and perform shows that wouldn't fit the guidelines of MFC but still use the token system through the offline tip. It would only be for someone with a core following of premiums that can be lured away from the main site. There might not even be a show or a site but chatting through social media.

The joke I made about it is that you could sign up as a model on MFC and become annonymous and never actually appear on the site but still move up the rankings. All of this came from the fact that the model I was chatting with was sort of doing this while on vacation and unable to cam. I thought it was impressive that she managed to move up the rankings without even having internet access.

Another benefit I believe is to just stay clear of drama. Without naming names, I'd like to refer to something on Twitter I am sure a lot of us saw where some screencaps were released of a top model admitting she likes to stir up drama to make more tokens by bashing and making fun of the girl in front of her. So if you are behind "Anonymous" in the MFC rankings, you can't really talk shit about them or start drama without knowing who they are.

become annonymous and never actually appear on the site but still move up the rankings.
Being anonymous on the Miss MFC rankings page does not make you invisible to the whole site. Her cam would still appear on the homepage just as everyone else does. Her ranking just wouldn't show.
set up your cam on a website or somewhere private and perform shows that wouldn't fit the guidelines of MFC but still use the token system through the offline tip.
Scamming the camscore system in such a way would make me want to punch her, lol. Talk about skewing the numbers for the rest of the models.

Reactions: WickedTouch
Along the lines of "avoiding the drama" another benefit is avoiding the stigma if you're up there all the time. If you're a model who is constantly in the top 5/10/20 people may start forming opinions about you and the money you must be swimming in, yadda yadda. Maybe she just needs a break from it this month, but still wants to cam and is so successful she'll just automatically be in the top without flaunting/pushing for rank.

Along the lines of "avoiding the drama" another benefit is avoiding the stigma if you're up there all the time. If you're a model who is constantly in the top 5/10/20 people may start forming opinions about you and the money you must be swimming in, yadda yadda. Maybe she just needs a break from it this month, but still wants to cam and is so successful she'll just automatically be in the top without flaunting/pushing for rank.

Exactly this. The only reason that I've ever considered switching to anonymous is to basically hide how well you're doing/how much money you make. ESPECIALLY now that some other models, ahem, feel the need to brag/talk about how much money they're pulling in. For example, if you're number 18, and Miss #5 just tweeted that she made X amount of money so far, your regulars are going to know that you must not be too far behind. And if you're making more than they do in a month or year, then why the hell would they want to continue to tip you (not saying all members feel this way, but some do)??

However, the competitive nature of most users is what causes the whole "push" for MissMFC to be so successful. The members will tip and tip and tip to make their favorite go up a few more spots. Overall, I would assume that if you're in the top 250, having that competitive angle would be better financially for you instead of the anonymous tipping for "just because."

Also, if a model wanted to make it more difficult for models or models' member behind her in the rankings to try and spy on her room and figure out how many tokens it would take to pass, etc going anonymous would work. But then they also aren't eligible for the $ bonus and don't get any of the publicity benefits of being in the top 20.

Reactions: AmberCutie
the competitive nature of most users is what causes the whole "push" for MissMFC to be so successful
Yeah, MissMFC is one of the best features of the site for models because of it's competitive nature. A characteristic I've noted about all the top models is that they use the contest as a motivator for their supporters. The psychology at play is certainly fun to watch.

There are, of course, many tricks in the bag and those are fun to watch and figure out, like magic tricks. This anonymous thing is a new twist and I'm curious to see how this plays out. It appears that a second anon has really gained and may overtake the first anon. A third anon was in the running but seems to have disappeared. Literally. Like smoke. lol.
annon.2.jpg

#10 is KittenSophie and #12 is PumpkinSpice. (Their current ranks as I type this.)

They are both signed in and it shows up when you are in their room, but if you look at the MissMFC ranks those 2 spots are anonymous so there ya go guys, I decoded the mystery. lol

Edit: horrific spelling error

Last edited:
Reactions: SNATCH and fandango
I didn't realize that their room still shows the rank, just not the MFC board. Kinda ruins the concept of anonymous to me, because I wasn't even trying to figure that out, I just happened to be watching both of their rooms at the same time.

There are two type of anonymous in the miss mfc list. One you can click a menu to, and one that you can't. I suspect one is the model setting, the other might be a region ban that includes making the miss mfc list marked as anonymous.

The spin-off effect on mycamgirl.net is that pumpkin (aka GeneralTso) shows up as a closed account while the annon option is in effect.
View attachment 56517
Nope.
From mycamgirl.net
This account has been flagged as closed. Either the model has quit, created a new account, is suspended/banned or she has a new name that is still unknown. Because of this, her camscore - has been excluded from the ranking and it is not being compared to other camscores. If you believe this account was wrongly flagged as closed, please report this issue.
She changed her name as she often does.

Nope.
From mycamgirl.net

She changed her name as she often does.
I think the point is that maybe mcg.net is having trouble documenting her name change SINCE she's listed anonymous currently. So if you change your name while you're listed as anonymous on that page, maybe it affects the way stats are pulled down to 3rd party sites like mcg. If you enter "BooBookittfck" it redirects to "GeneralTso_" which shows as flagged.

I think the point is that maybe mcg.net is having trouble documenting her name change SINCE she's listed anonymous currently. So if you change your name while you're listed as anonymous on that page, maybe it affects the way stats are pulled down to 3rd party sites like mcg. If you enter "BooBookittfck" it redirects to "GeneralTso_" which shows as flagged.
mycamgirl.net does have trouble documenting changes for a short while, hence the message that it could be due to a name change. Nothing to do with Miss MFC at all.

mycamgirl.net does have trouble documenting changes for a short while, hence the message that it could be due to a name change. Nothing to do with Miss MFC at all.
I just said "maybe" it's possible. None of us run the site, so we're all just posting conjecture, but I felt like chiming in since you seemed so sure of yourself that you had to facepalm-rate @BasicBasic's post, which I thought was a bit rude and unnecessary.

Oh.. no problem with that. I was face-palming myself after realizing who we were talking about here. Kat (aka PumpkinSpice) has her own realm of drama. I don't want to add to the crap she has to deal with.

I just said "maybe" it's possible. None of us run the site, so we're all just posting conjecture, but I felt like chiming in since you seemed so sure of yourself that you had to facepalm-rate @BasicBasic's post, which I thought was a bit rude and unnecessary.
I facepalmed because on one hand Basic says mycamgirl.net says shes closed and on the other posts a mycamgirl.net screenshot where it's not. It puts mycamgirl.net in bad light and I didn't want that to go unchallenged. Also PS has been online today, so no conjecture involved on my part.

no problem with that
Glad you don't, but I found a problem with it so I said something. It's one thing to jump into conversations with know it all type statements, but when people (not just Puffin, but anyone) also include facepalms or WTFs or poos in addition to it it rubs me wrong. It's possible to have a conversation with differing thoughts/opinions without also adding that snark into it.
Basic says mycamgirl.net says shes closed and on the other posts a mycamgirl.net screenshot where it's not.
He posted the same screen shot from which the text that you posted exists. There's a lot of "or" in it. Point still stands that the account comes up as flagged for SOMETHING.
Also PS been online today, so no conjecture involved on my part.
What does that have to do with anything? You can be online for years and it would still be conjecture, as we are forming opinions based on limited knowledge, since we do not program/know how it works 100%.

Just stahp.

Status
Not open for further replies.