AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The perks of working on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_Babe

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 31, 2010
Earth
thecamgirlreport.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@Poker_Babe69
Tumblr Username
Pokerbabe69
MFC Username
A_Poker_Babe
Streamate Username
PokerCutie
Chaturbate Username
Poker_Babe
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/78365/poker-princess--clip-store
So I just called the car rental place, I need to rent a car to go out of town tomorrow morning to visit with my dad for Christmas. The guy on the phone says that I need proof of income and a few other documents... Well I tell him I'm self employed... well then I need some other additional documents (which I won't be able to provide). Uh oh... it's not looking good I'm thinking... Well long story short, I finally just tell him straight up who I contract for... MyFreeCams... OMFG he just jumped through every hoop to get me approved for that rental after I told him that, being as helpful as he possibly could be, LOL. oh yeah, his tone made a total 180 turn. Guess what... I get my rental tomorrow now. ;)

Reactions: SNATCH
Lacey Black said:
Strange that they asked for proof of income and not just a credit card on file. Congrats on getting it though!

Tru dat! I've rented many a rental car and they have never asked for more than a credit card. :think:

It was because my Visa card is also a debit card. If it was a credit card only, I wouldn't have to provide proof of income. I hate "credit cards", I think they're an evil tool to keep our generation in debt, so I don't have one. Although I know I could get one if I wanted to.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Poker_Babe said:
It was because my Visa card is also a debit card. If it was a credit card only, I wouldn't have to provide proof of income. I hate "credit cards", I think they're an evil tool to keep our generation in debt, so I don't have one. Although I know I could get one if I wanted to.
Did you tell him straight out that it was a debit card? Because if you just say "visa" and give the number, I doubt he'd be any-the-wiser to realize it's not just a plain ol' visa card. (or whatever symbol is on your card.)

Rental car companies should not need anything beyond CC and ID.

AmberCutie said:
Did you tell him straight out that it was a debit card? Because if you just say "visa" and give the number, I doubt he'd be any-the-wiser to realize it's not just a plain ol' visa card. (or whatever symbol is on your card.)

Well it says "DEBIT" right on the front of the card (which I will have to bring into the rental place and show them along with my ID).

Poker_Babe said:
AmberCutie said:

Well it says "DEBIT" right on the front of the card (which I will have to bring into the rental place and show them along with my ID).
So it doesn't have a credit card logo from Visa or MasterCard, etc.

CammiStar said:
All of my "debit" cards have the Visa/MC logo and none say Debit. I would be nervous that the guy wanted so much info just to rent a car.
Yeah that's what I'm saying, it doesn't sound right at all. Maybe hearing the word "debit card" over the phone confused him, the ones with credit card logos on them are supposed to be accepted like a credit card in cases like these. Otherwise, it's just an ATM card, lol. Sounds to me like he either didn't understand how these cards work, or was being nosy.

Oh well, that point aside, at least PokerBabe got what she needed and probably made the guy's day.

Reactions: Poker_Babe
lordmagellan said:
AshaSnow said:
Most I've had to give is my SS# so they could check my credit score.
WHOA! Asha a car rental place has NO legal standing to get your SS#. Few places actually do.
Yes that is quite a
red-flag-icon.gif
. Hurtz was able to run my credit w/o using my SS#.

AmberCutie said:
Poker_Babe said:
AmberCutie said:

So it doesn't have a credit card logo from Visa or MasterCard, etc.

No, it has the Visa logo, but it is also a Debit card.

CammiStar said:
All of my "debit" cards have the Visa/MC logo and none say Debit. I would be nervous that the guy wanted so much info just to rent a car.

Actually every rental place I called, all treated Debit/Master Cards (or Visa) as though they where not sufficient enough to rent a car with them, and required some form of additional documentation to be provided if that was what you where going to use. I made sure not to mention that it was a debit card because I remembered my first attempt to rent a car about 12 yrs ago was with debit, and back then, they wouldn't accept them at all and I was SOL. I called 3 different places, and each time, that was one of the first questions they asked me when taking down my information. I can only conclude that the reasoning behind this is, that they must feel that you are less of credit liability if you have been approved for a credit card and are currently in good standing.

Poker_Babe said:
CammiStar said:

Actually every rental place I called, all treated Debit/Master Cards (or Visa) as though they where not sufficient enough to rent a car with them, and required some form of additional documentation to be provided if that was what you where going to use. I made sure not to mention that it was a debit card because I remembered my first attempt to rent a car about 12 yrs ago was with debit, and back then, they wouldn't accept them at all and I was SOL. I called 3 different places, and each time, that was one of the first questions they asked me when taking down my information. I can only conclude that the reasoning behind this is, that they must feel that you are less of credit liability if you have been approved for a credit card and are currently in good standing.

Most credit cards have car rental insurance, while debit cards do not. This is why rental companies make debit card holders jump through more hoops than people with credit cards. Here's more info: http://www.ncnblog.com/2007/04/18/can-i ... ent-a-car/

PaigePleasure said:
Most credit cards have car rental insurance, while debit cards do not. This is why rental companies make debit card holders jump through more hoops than people with credit cards. Here's more info: http://www.ncnblog.com/2007/04/18/can-i ... ent-a-car/

Ahhhhh... it's all so clear to me now. Thank u 4 posting this! :-D

Poker_Babe said:
I hate "credit cards", I think they're an evil tool to keep our generation in debt, so I don't have one. Although I know I could get one if I wanted to.
That's a naive attitude. Credit cards don't get people into debt, people with poor self-control and financial planning skills get people into debt.

Have you ever considered that if you had a credit card open that you paid in full each month, your credit rating wouldn't be as shitty as it is? Even if you didn't spend a dollar, having the credit card open builds good credit.

lordmagellan said:
WHOA! Asha a car rental place has NO legal standing to get your SS#. Few places actually do.
You're right, but what's your point? A car rental place is also under no legal obligation to actually do business with you. You don't want to provide your SS#? Fine, you don't have to, but go rent a car somewhere else.

Reactions: Jessi J
bawksy said:
That's a naive attitude. Credit cards don't get people into debt, people with poor self-control and financial planning skills get people into debt.

Have you ever considered that if you had a credit card open that you paid in full each month, your credit rating wouldn't be as shitty as it is? Even if you didn't spend a dollar, having the credit card open builds good credit.
Yes, but I also build up my credit by paying my bills on time and depositing money into my savings account each month too.
I know that there are pros to having a credit card, but IMO they are still a tool for evil. It's not worth it to me to give them one cent of my money. I'd rather take the money that I would have spent each month to pay off a credit card, and put that in my savings account. I know some ppl like to have a credit card to keep with them just in case of emergency. Well this way I have my own emergency money put away. I try to avoid putting myself into debt as much as possible. I don't believe that's a naive way of thinking at all.

Reactions: SirLes
Poker_Babe said:
Yes, but I also build up my credit by paying my bills on time and depositing money into my savings account each month too.
I know that there are pros to having a credit card, but IMO they are still a tool for evil. It's not worth it to me to give them one cent of my money. I'd rather take the money that I would have spent each month to pay off a credit card, and put that in my savings account. I know some ppl like to have a credit card to keep with them just in case of emergency. Well this way I have my own emergency money put away. I try to avoid putting myself into debt as much as possible. I don't believe that's a naive way of thinking at all.
I do the same thing. :D I think it's better to have my own money in savings instead of spending money each month paying for a card I don't use. The money I would be spending goes into savings or a ducky bank.

Poker_Babe said:
I also build up my credit by paying my bills on time and depositing money into my savings account each month too.

I call bullshit on that one, unless you can produce some evidence otherwise. The mere fact of HAVING a savings account is sometimes a requirement for a credit card, but savings accounts themselves certainly certainly don't affect your FICO credit score. One exception is if you have automatic overdraft protection on one of your bank accounts. Sometimes banks implement that as a "line of credit" that shows up on your credit report. But that's more a feature of checking accounts than it is savings accounts.

Also, I'm not aware of ANY bills that show up on your credit report except for loans and credit cards. So that electric bill or that cell phone bill you're paying on time every month? No effect on credit score whatsoever (unless they send you to collections).

Sure, you can live without any credit history, but boy can having good credit help you out. And you can't build good credit without having some damn credit.

P.S. I wouldn't go taking financial advice from someone who's so poor she has to sleep on a filthy moldy mattress every night.

One of the most efficient ways to build credit quickly is get a car loan and never be late on a payment. You don't need no stinkin' cc if you don't want one.

That said, this time of year is peak for credit card fraud. Restaurants and rental agencies are among the worst too, so be extra vigilant keeping track of your charges.

bawksy said:
Poker_Babe said:
I also build up my credit by paying my bills on time and depositing money into my savings account each month too.

I call bullshit on that one, unless you can produce some evidence otherwise. The mere fact of HAVING a savings account is sometimes a requirement for a credit card, but savings accounts themselves certainly certainly don't affect your FICO credit score. One exception is if you have automatic overdraft protection on one of your bank accounts. Sometimes banks implement that as a "line of credit" that shows up on your credit report. But that's more a feature of checking accounts than it is savings accounts.

Also, I'm not aware of ANY bills that show up on your credit report except for loans and credit cards. So that electric bill or that cell phone bill you're paying on time every month? No effect on credit score whatsoever (unless they send you to collections).

I would only apply for a loan through a credit union that I also have a savings account with. Credit Unions charge less interest then any one else. And if I already bank with them, then they do have a record of every time I put money into my savings account.

bawksy said:
P.S. I wouldn't go taking financial advice from someone who's so poor she has to sleep on a filthy moldy mattress every night.

Boooooo... :snooty: That seems like a pretty "Butt Hurt" sounding response to me. :think:

Poker_Babe said:
bawksy said:

Boooooo... :snooty: That seems like a pretty "Butt Hurt" sounding response to me. :think:
It wasn't necessary to bring up my fiancial situation. My reasons for having a bad hand me down mattress (that's now gone thanks to a generous member here) are my own and there is no need for anyone to presume to know them. If you would like to discuss my fiancial situation and sleeping arrangements you're welcome to pm me though, as that would be the appropriate place to discuss it. :) In the future, please message me privately with your discrepancies.

@Poker_Babe, I wasn't giving you advice and I wouldn't give unsolicited advice to you without asking first. I like your plan though and go by a similar one. :)

blackxrose said:
It wasn't necessary to bring up my fiancial situation. My reasons for having a bad hand me down mattress (that's now gone thanks to a generous member here) are my own and there is no need for anyone to presume to know them. If you would like to discuss my fiancial situation and sleeping arrangements you're welcome to pm me though, as that would be the appropriate place to discuss it. :) In the future, please message me privately with your discrepancies.

Yeah, that did seem like kind of a douche bag thing 4 him to post IMO.

Reactions: ScarlettLeigh
:naughty: Sorry young lady, can't rent you a car without your bra-size and phone-number, ahh and wait a moment I need to check I have something suitable for that xl-booty ;)

Jupiter551 said:
:naughty: Sorry young lady, can't rent you a car without your bra-size and phone-number, ahh and wait a moment I need to check I have something suitable for that xl-booty ;)
You'll need to be thouroughly frisked too. There's no way to tell if you have contriband on you otherwise. Hands on the wall and spread 'em please. This won't hurt a bit...

Reactions: SophiaLocke
Poker_Babe said:
blackxrose said:

Yeah, that did seem like kind of a douche bag thing 4 him to post IMO.

Why is he getting so worked up, if someone doesnt want a CC thats their business, maybe he works for a credit card company, but that comment he made was really rude and uncalled for

Status
Not open for further replies.