AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The psychology behind a 500,000 token tip

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maskpull said:
LuthienBlythe said:
but I think most high tippers are just really big fans. They're not there to one up someone else, what they ultimately do benefits the receiver of the tip of course.
But, their support will be more valuable if they send it directly to their model account. I think the they want to see the reaction of model more than really care to her.

Why can't it be both?

SexyStephXS said:
maskpull said:
LuthienBlythe said:
but I think most high tippers are just really big fans. They're not there to one up someone else, what they ultimately do benefits the receiver of the tip of course.
But, their support will be more valuable if they send it directly to their model account. I think the they want to see the reaction of model more than really care to her.

Why can't it be both?
If you care some one, what will you want more: her "happiness" or her temporary reaction

maskpull said:
SexyStephXS said:
maskpull said:
LuthienBlythe said:

Why can't it be both?
If you care some one, what will you want more: her "happiness" or her temporary reaction

A member can achieve both. as a model I'd honestly much rather get a tip like that over them sending me money. It's thrilling for both sides.

maskpull said:
LuthienBlythe said:

As someone who loves giving gifts, I love seeing someone's reaction when they open said gift. Maybe it's just a tad selfish, maybe, not really. On MFC, in compliance with their rules, you can only give one gift, and it's in tokens. Yes, you could send an offline tip, or you could send it online and see the model virtually unwrap it herself.

As someone who loves giving gifts, I totally understand wanting to see someone's reaction instead of having that moment lost where no one will ever see it.

LuthienBlythe said:
On MFC, in compliance with their rules, you can only give one gift, and it's in tokens. Yes, you could send an offline tip, or you could send it online and see the model virtually unwrap it herself.
Does the site permit model tell her account with customer or something like that

I have wondered what else goes on behind the scenes with big tippers if anything?
I suspect regular tippers are more lucky in recieving special outside of chat attention, but as a member who has never been either I have no idea.

Ambers Troll said:
I have wondered what else goes on behind the scenes with big tippers if anything?
I suspect regular tippers are more lucky in recieving special outside of chat attention, but as a member who has never been either I have no idea.
A friend of mine who's a big tipper recently revealed that a cam girl who's a favorite of his asked him out for dinner.

Putting a big smile on someone's face, it's a amazing feeling and you are proud of yourself, we humans are selfish even when giving.

Ok, most of us are not a prince, so we must find an alternative to giving a 500,000 tip.

Go to the 150-300 camscore rooms, find a model who is interactive and works her ass of to make a living, they do all kind of nude things for 20, 50 or 100 tokens.

And then tip 200 or so tokens and ask for only an air kiss in he tip note, the result is so good, a happy person !

And the best thing, you can masturbate too, you can satisfy your big ego and your small thing at the same time!

In my mind, the tipper isn't just a prince... he's Prince.

And Amber, I think I'd react in much the same way. I think I'd be content in the knowledge that regardless of whether I or other people thought I "deserved" a tip like that though, the person who tipped me clearly felt I deserved it, and that's all that would matter, I guess.

Attachments

• prince.jpg
    prince.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 452
Tipping a model that many tokens feels GREAT! Plain and simple. Sure there are other reasons that vary from person to person and from situation to situation. There have been plenty of studies showing how the brain reacts to various stimuli and for some people being generous and spending that much money on someone will put you in a state of euphoria. Seeing the models reaction is certainly entertaining (I've noticed that models will almost always cover their face with their hands :lol:), but I can tell you for a fact that there's more to it than just that. I still remember how nervous and excited I was when I dropped that bomb on Amber in public. My heart was racing and it felt like I was on a roller coaster! I tipped another model 100k privately and the feeling was the same, even without the shit show that inevitably comes after a big public tip. I've offline tipped lesser amounts, and you guessed it, felt the same way. It made me feel good, it made the recipient feel good, so why not?

I didn't plan on tipping Amber the 100k that night, in fact, I bought all those tokens for someone else. But sometimes being in the right place at the right time and hearing the just right words is all it takes. I'm glad the events that lead up to that moment happened, because Amber is a truly amazing person.

I picked 100k because that seemed reasonable at the time and that is how many tokens I had that night. I think at that point the highest tip on the site was 250k, so it was by no means record breaking, but still large enough to be "exciting". I'm guessing for the people who are continuously pushing the bar, they want to be the highest single tipper on MFC. It could be simply for bragging rights or maybe it's because they also like the attention that comes along with it both from members and models. Once your name is on that high tipper list, you draw attention to yourself and you will be treated differently, something I didn't even consider at the time. I was receiving random, unsolicited MFC mail (because I had PMs set to friends only thankfully) even over a year after that tip! I can only imagine all the crap the person who tipped 500k is getting.

Just as tips are nice and appreciated but never expected, additional attention was the same way for me. In my opinion, if you're only spending that much money to leverage yourself into a closer "friendship" or to meet up with that person, you're going to be very disappointed. Tipping a girl a large amount of tokens doesn't entitle you to anymore of her time than she is comfortable with.

The public nature of this kind of tip is interesting. Perhaps it may not be so much for the tipper but for the model, to indicate that she is worthy of such tips. To give the model bragging rights, should she choose, not that she needs to.

I also wonder if this is the largest tip, someone such as Shyutza for example may hold it privately, someone who may not want it public.
It would be someone finishing first in ranking anyway, some large private tips may go unnoticed, unless the model or member shows them off.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Ambers Troll said:
It would be someone finishing first in ranking anyway
Not necessarily.

Reactions: LilyEvans
Ambers Troll said:
It would be someone finishing first in ranking anyway, some large private tips may go unnoticed, unless the model or member shows them off.

The month MJ got her huge tip she was #1 for twelve days then overtaken. She didn't win that month. During an average good month #1 is double this tip (plus) for the top spot. If this were the only tip, or she wasn't trying for top spot, you wouldn't know for sure if it had been hidden.

I do agree with you both, over 500 000 is possible for others to work past for sure, but only in top models would it be likely to go unnoticed, this was actually my point. Not being a model, I am not up to date on the figures high rankings would take.

I would assume that if another model had 500 000 tokens in a month and all of a sudden she was overtaken by someone way down the ranks, such tips would not go unnoticed? To be truly hidden I had assumed that a model would need to be above all others at the time. But guess high in ranking would be enough for it to be overlooked as something over this amount.

Such a hidden pvt tip between model and member would be a guess, as rumour of a big tip got out, but a well calculated guess. Some of you really know your math. Models would notice such a big tip, especially if a model didn't work that month, but in all probability if she did too.

LilyEvans said:
Sevrin said:
My opinion is that a 500,000 token tip says more about the tipper than the model.

If I knew a cam model well enough to want to give her that large number of shekels, I wouldn't want to give over a third of the sum to a Leo. Rather I'd arrange to transmit those funds directly to a bank account under her control. She's unlikely to realize a net promotional value from having been tipped that much in one go equivalent to MFC's cut.

Except you're missing a couple of important factors:

1. Exposure. When someone gets a tip that big, people talk about it. The screen cap it, tweet it, retweet it, talk about it in forums, etc. People who might not have seen her before will see her now. Especially because she is at #1, her exposure now is the highest it can possibly be. Earnings are totally exponential as well-- girls who earn more appear higher on the lists (Miss MFC, camscore, most popular room, etc) which brings in even MORE people which brings in even more money. My highest earning months have also always been my highest tokens per hour months, no matter how many more hours I had to put in to get where I was, because the more I earned the more new people came to tip me.
Do models have some way (software program?) of quantifying this effect at various levels in the rankings (i.e., increased earnings from increased exposure due to increase in ranking)? I'm asking because I personally love gift cards since 100% of the funds go directly to the cam girl. For some reason I thought MFC took 50% of a girl's earnings (which seemed really high to me), but recently I just noticed that it's actually 40% (which still seems excessive to me). But here's why I'm asking. I just sent my favorite cam girl a $500 gift card because I felt that was the most efficient use of my money, but if someone could prove to me that a 6,000 token tip would raise her x number of spots in the rankings and result in increased earnings of more than $200 then of course I would reconsider whether a gift card was the best way to assist her. I guess another way of approaching this problem is to ask if anyone knows how much money it takes to move up to certain levels in the rankings? I would assume that cam girls would have various rough measures of doing this, although of course whether they would wish to share such information is another matter. I could be wrong, but I've gotten the impression that cam girls seem to be reluctant to publicly discuss how much they receive in tips or gift cards.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Azhrarn said:
LilyEvans said:
Sevrin said:
My opinion is that a 500,000 token tip says more about the tipper than the model.

If I knew a cam model well enough to want to give her that large number of shekels, I wouldn't want to give over a third of the sum to a Leo. Rather I'd arrange to transmit those funds directly to a bank account under her control. She's unlikely to realize a net promotional value from having been tipped that much in one go equivalent to MFC's cut.

1. Exposure. When someone gets a tip that big, people talk about it. The screen cap it, tweet it, retweet it, talk about it in forums, etc. People who might not have seen her before will see her now. Especially because she is at #1, her exposure now is the highest it can possibly be. Earnings are totally exponential as well-- girls who earn more appear higher on the lists (Miss MFC, camscore, most popular room, etc) which brings in even MORE people which brings in even more money. My highest earning months have also always been my highest tokens per hour months, no matter how many more hours I had to put in to get where I was, because the more I earned the more new people came to tip me.
Do models have some way (software program?) of quantifying this effect at various levels in the rankings (i.e., increased earnings from increased exposure due to increase in ranking)? I'm asking because I personally love gift cards since 100% of the funds go directly to the cam girl. For some reason I thought MFC took 50% of a girl's earnings (which seemed really high to me), but recently I just noticed that it's actually 40% (which still seems excessive to me). But here's why I'm asking. I just sent my favorite cam girl a $500 gift card because I felt that was the most efficient use of my money, but if someone could prove to me that a 6,000 token tip would raise her x number of spots in the rankings and result in increased earnings of more than $200 then of course I would reconsider whether a gift card was the best way to assist her. I guess another way of approaching this problem is to ask if anyone knows how much money it takes to move up to certain levels in the rankings? I would assume that cam girls would have various rough measures of doing this, although of course whether they would wish to share such information is another matter. I could be wrong, but I've gotten the impression that cam girls seem to be reluctant to publicly discuss how much they receive in tips or gift cards.

The more tokens per hour a model gets, the higher her camscore will be, and thus brings her closer to the top of the page which will get here the maximum amount of exposure. More exposure does not always correlate to more tippers, which is why some girls peak for a month and then dip back down, and others have a consistent amount of tippers keeping them at the top. But in any case, girls at the top have a greater chance at being found than the girls stuck all the way near the bottom.

In MFC tokens, $500 to the model would be 10K tokens, which could certainly help her camscore, but it depends on how many hours she was online that day to really figure out how much of an effect it would have. Someone who only puts in 40 hours a month, a 10K tip bomb is going to have more impact on a score than a model who spends 120 hours a month. Either way, every token helps towards improving a model's camscore AND her rank, but as to how much it helps a specific model varies quite a lot.

Regarding what MFC takes out, they are fully justified in doing this. If someone buys a $20 package, 50% of the cost goes to MFC and with higher packages, they get something like 35%. As a model who uses twitter and other forms of social networking minimally for camming, I have to say that I like being able to cam from a site where there is already a lot of traffic, because that is something that can be incredibly time consuming (and potentially without reward). MFC is providing that traffic to me so that I don't have to do it. 99% of the people who have tipped have found me through MFC, there is only one person I suspect found me through Twitter first. That said, I think it's more than fair of MFC (and other camsites) to profit from their site.

Accepting outside payments means it hurts my camscore, my rank, lessens my exposure, and to top it off, is misusing a provided service that I am grateful to not have to deal with (trying to get my own traffic), so that's why I personally don't accept gift cards or outside forms of payment.

Azhrarn said:
LilyEvans said:
Sevrin said:

There is no surefire way to know exactly how much it will take to move up in the rankings, no. We can talk to each other, but there's no guarantee that will be fruitful since not all camgirls want to play nice and share that sort of information with others (perhaps understandably.) We can also guess based on past experiences ("well, last month I finished at rank #X with Y tokens, so that's how many tokens I need to get there this month") but some months vary WILDLY so guessing isn't always the best either. Generally however, the lower a girl's rank is the fewer tokens it takes to raise her up on the list. It's much easier to get from #1000-#500 than from #500-#100.

Azhrarn said:
But here's why I'm asking. I just sent my favorite cam girl a $500 gift card because I felt that was the most efficient use of my money, but if someone could prove to me that a 6,000 token tip would raise her x number of spots in the rankings and result in increased earnings of more than $200 then of course I would reconsider whether a gift card was the best way to assist her. I guess another way of approaching this problem is to ask if anyone knows how much money it takes to move up to certain levels in the rankings? I would assume that cam girls would have various rough measures of doing this, although of course whether they would wish to share such information is another matter. I could be wrong, but I've gotten the impression that cam girls seem to be reluctant to publicly discuss how much they receive in tips or gift cards.

Its considered to be a bad move to ask a model what she earns in tokens or giftcards. After all, I think it would be safe bet that you would not wish to post details of your monthly salary payments in public chat at any time... now would you? :naughty:

I would also suggest you take a peek at some helpful wiki pages...

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/CamScore
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Payment_Information_for_Models
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Instructions_and_Features

:handgestures-salute:

Azhrarn said:
I can answer your question, though others should have. Should you tip 6000 tokens or offer a gift card of $500, the difference being $200 plus or minus any extra in success on cam for the model. As I understand it, this was your question?

Experienced/ informed models do know pretty much how many tokens and how quickly they earn them what their future ranking and camscore will be. Keeping in mind camscore is long term at 60 days, ranking is monthly.

The real world, actual value to a model will depend on who you tip. The 6000 tokens early in the month for example will have a model in a better ranked position, at least for a while, than later. Also the 6000 token tip will be averaged for her camscore over 60 days, keeping her a little more exposed for those members searching under default conditions. Both of these things can profit a model. Saying nothing of the effect of any tips you make on her room either good or bad. The gift card offers none of this, but it does offer certainty.

It will depend on who you are tipping, the opportunity she makes of it, on how you tip it, and what a model needs from their members as to what is best. I suspect most models would want the tip over the giftcard, they can make up the difference plus a little in extra tokens and exposure.

I’d like to thank everyone who responded. (Specific comments below.)

LuthienBlythe - I’d like to correct one misimpression. I rarely use gift cards as forms of payment, and only if the model requests them. 99.99% of the time, if I give someone a gift card it’s a gift, not a payment.

@WickedTouch - If you spend enough time in a cam girl’s room, it isn’t difficult at all to estimate pretty accurately what she’s making in tokens each month. If you know her well, you can also estimate what’s she’s earning from things like Skype shows or gift cards. However, in this particular case there was no need for me to ask since she has freely shared such information with me.

@Ambers Troll - Yes, you understood my question and answered it very nicely. Thank you.

@LilyEvans - Thank you for pointing out that the time of year is also a consideration.

Reactions: Sansa
MFC is very generous in what they pay out to models, EPOCH and CCBILL take a cut and if someone is buying tokens with paypal, paypal(though EPOCH) is also taking a cut before it gets to MFC

Reactions: Sansa
weirdbr said:
Sevrin said:
2. If the guy is a prince, as has been said here, or anything other than a U.S. resident the tipper would not be subject to U.S. gift taxes.

They would be subject to any local taxes in their home country, plus any taxes in the US based on whatever treaties there are between both countries ... And all that lovely paperwork, plus the red flags that would be raised by a lot of anti-money laundering agencies and possibly others.

Not to mention the basic issue that you need to know the real name and bank account number of the model, which is something that you would be very unlikely to ever get.

I'm pretty sure that someone willing to drop $45,000 on a model is going to get the model to give him/her their bank account+real name. Models have given me their real number and name for far less than that, plus if s/he is really some kind of oil prince/ss (or just a mega rich regular dude/chick) s/he probably has cayman islands or Singapore bank account and wouldn't be paying taxes on it to his/her country of residence on it.

PRISM said:
weirdbr said:
Sevrin said:
2. If the guy is a prince, as has been said here, or anything other than a U.S. resident the tipper would not be subject to U.S. gift taxes.

They would be subject to any local taxes in their home country, plus any taxes in the US based on whatever treaties there are between both countries ... And all that lovely paperwork, plus the red flags that would be raised by a lot of anti-money laundering agencies and possibly others.

Not to mention the basic issue that you need to know the real name and bank account number of the model, which is something that you would be very unlikely to ever get.

I'm pretty sure that someone willing to drop $45,000 on a model is going to get the model to give him/her their bank account+real name. Models have given me their real number and name for far less than that, plus if s/he is really some kind of oil prince/ss (or just a mega rich regular dude/chick) s/he probably has cayman islands or Singapore bank account and wouldn't be paying taxes on it to his/her country of residence on it.

I wouldn't trust someone just because they're very rich... One of my highest tippers in one of my highest earning months was absolutely psycho.

For everyone that claims they wouldn't there are many more that will actually do it.

PRISM said:
For everyone that claims they wouldn't there are many more that will actually do it.
I've encountered a few models on MFC that were willing and eager to give personal information because they needed cash which raised a big red flag. I blocked them right away because there is no way in hell I was going to trust them with my personal info. Only a few people from MFC have my personal info and one of the main reasons I trusted them with it is because they take their own privacy very seriously.

Anyone who is obsessed with getting a models personal information is the last person on earth a model should be giving any personal information to regardless of how much money is in question.

Yea, MFC gets a cut, but tipping in tokens can be more convenient (it was for me) and it allows you the maintain the element of surprise. Plus, tipping in tokens gives more context to the tip. I regularly tip the girl who cuts my hair $100 when I'm in a good mood, but I would feel really uncomfortable just walking up to her outside of work and handing her $100 because that seems like a tactless gesture to me.

ThePioneer said:
Anyone who is obsessed with getting a models personal information is the last person on earth a model should be giving any personal information to regardless of how much money is in question.

Hell yeah!!! :thumbleft:

Whats wrong with asking a model nicely for outside of cam site contact info?

Status
Not open for further replies.