AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The psychology behind a 500,000 token tip

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PRISM said:
Whats wrong with asking a model nicely for outside of cam site contact info?
You'll sound like a creep.

PRISM said:
Couldn't a model setup a llc and get a EIN for it, so she could get money sent to a bank account without revealing her private and personal information?

not affliated with legalzoom
http://info.legalzoom.com/form-delaware ... -3535.html
She could, but she would be going through a lot of hassle dealing with attorney fees, etc. to keep her anonymity. The better option would be to just respect the model's privacy and security and not ask for personal information because it's none of your business and there is absolutely no reason for you to ask for it.

AmberCutie said:
PRISM said:

But doesn't it depend on how its asked, as well as the other things the member said in the models room and to her in pm.

ThePioneer said:
PRISM said:
Couldn't a model setup a llc and get a EIN for it, so she could get money sent to a bank account without revealing her private and personal information?

She could, but she would be going through a lot of hassle dealing with attorney fees, etc. to keep her anonymity. The better option would be to just respect the model's privacy and security and not ask for personal information because it's none of your business and there is absolutely no reason for you to ask for it.

Then asking anyone, anywhere for a phone number or email is "disrespectful" and "none of my business". Its actually not much of a hassle or much lawyer fees to setup a llc if someone is doing it themselves and using a registered agent.

PRISM said:
ThePioneer said:
PRISM said:

Then asking anyone, anywhere for a phone number or email is "disrespectful" and "none of my business". Its actually not much of a hassle or much lawyer fees to setup a llc if someone is doing it themselves and using a registered agent.
But if you don't use a registered agent there's no point to even having an LLC because your name and address will be displayed in public records. If a model wants you to have her phone number or email, she will give it to you. Put your male entitlement aside, you don't need to harass someone to get their phone number.

ThePioneer said:
PRISM said:
ThePioneer said:
PRISM said:

But if you don't use a registered agent there's no point to even having an LLC because your name and address will be displayed in public records. If a model wants you to have her phone number or email, she will give it to you. Put your male entitlement aside, you don't need to harass someone to get their phone number.

What "male entitlement" I was talking about two different subjects

1. nicely asking a model for contact info : I think its okay as nicely asking isn't harassing someone.
2. LLC for privacy, in Delaware your info doesn't have to be in public record if their is a private LLC agreement about owners, that doesn't have to be submitted to the state. New Mexico is also another place where there are anonymous LLC allowed.

PRISM said:
1. nicely asking a model for contact info : I think its okay as nicely asking isn't harassing someone.

In the camming world, it is definitely considered a faux pas to ask for a model's contact info. I'm not saying that it's harassment or anything, but it is just not usually done by those who understand the community and is generally a bad idea. There is a good chance that you will make the model uncomfortable and kind of put up a red flag for her. It really is just the way it is, it isn't personal at all!

Any cam site I've heard of has some sort of messaging system so you can always talk to her via that and many models have Twitter which is nice if you'd prefer to speak off site! I give my email to people who I trust but don't give it out to everyone. It's not really secret or anything but if someone emailed me there out of the blue, I'd be a bit wary. Most people are polite enough not to ask for my email address since there are PLENTY of methods of contact other than that.

Anyway, it really is best not to ask. We work really hard to keep our information private and can be a bit guarded sometimes for pretty good reasons. If a model would like you to have information, she will give it to you. Otherwise it is best not to ask!

PRISM said:
ThePioneer said:
PRISM said:
ThePioneer said:
PRISM said:

What "male entitlement" I was talking about two different subjects

2. LLC for privacy, in Delaware your info doesn't have to be in public record if their is a private LLC agreement about owners, that doesn't have to be submitted to the state. New Mexico is also another place where there are anonymous LLC allowed.
My point is still the same. Why go through all the trouble? If you care about someone enough to spend that much money on them, you probably care about them enough to respect their privacy.

PRISM said:
ThePioneer said:
PRISM said:

Anyone, anywhere aren't necessarily people that create a fake name and persona in order to keep their private info private. This sort of courtesy is something expected to be expressed to people in industries where they do not naturally go by their real name. Namely people in the entertainment industry, and especially in adult/sex work.

Simply asking someone is not violating their privacy, violating their privacy would be going and finding out private information of theirs and acting on it without their permission.

How is this violating someone's privacy?

Member : "How many tokens for your phone number?"
Model : " I don't give out my phone number for tokens."
Member : "Sorry for asking."

And the member doesn't ask the model again for her phone number.

PRISM said:
Simply asking someone is not violating their privacy, violating their privacy would be going and finding out private information of theirs and acting on it without their permission.

You're not listening! Read my post again!

In Camland, asking is RUDE and makes us feel uncomfortable. This is a unique line of work and it isn't the same as other jobs or social situations. It would certainly be respectful to not put a model in the position of having to decline your request.

KayleePond said:
PRISM said:

You're not listening! Read my post again!

In Camland, asking is RUDE and makes us feel uncomfortable. This is a unique line of work and it isn't the same as other jobs or social situations. It would certainly be respectful to not put a model in the position of having to decline your request.
:text-yeahthat:

Oh shit... I better add some text as apparently if this forum was run properly I'd be banned for posting with only a smiley.

I've just never noticed in any of the rooms I've gone into the models look upset or paranoid when someone just ask them for something, maybe its just the culture of the models I go to.

PRISM said:
I've just never noticed in any of the rooms I've gone into the models look upset or paranoid when someone just ask them for something, maybe its just the culture of the models I go to.

A BIG part of our jobs is not looking upset when people ask for things that might freak us out. Gotta keep up the happy room vibe so the other, non-creepy guys don't peace-out.

And I agree: Asking for a model's personal info is hands-down the creepiest, rudest thing you can do. :handgestures-salute:

PRISM said:

How is this violating someone's privacy?

Member : "How many tokens for your phone number?"
Model : " I don't give out my phone number for tokens."
Member : "Sorry for asking."

And the member doesn't ask the model again for her phone number.

I'm gonna go against most (all?) the models in this thread. There is nothing wrong with asking. I have gotten phone numbers, viber and other contact info from several models, but I only asked two. Some offered after a long time chatting on MFC. Common sense is important. Your example of asking when you first meet seems to me to be a bad idea. It's far better to get to a know a model before asking. And if they say no, just leave it be. Most will say no.

And if a model offers you her info when you first meet, run. You will get scammed :lol:

Reactions: PinkiePixi
PRISM said:
AmberCutie said:
PRISM said:

But doesn't it depend on how its asked, as well as the other things the member said in the models room and to her in pm.

Yes... but not only how you ask, it is also when you ask and how often. If you have been in a models room only a few times and then begin to ask for lots of personal info... such as phone no, email, marital status, home addy etc etc... then you make the model feel uncomfortable and you will come across as Mr McCreepy, the neighbourhood stalker. No member has any automatic right to a model's personal info, no matter who they are. Remember, a cam room is the models workplace, not a pick up bar... so her rules and boundaries should be understood and respected. As said already, no always means no.

If on the other hand you have visited the models room over many weeks and months (time is important here), helped her reach targets by tipping, participated in games, contributed positively to the convo in the room and to the room vibe in general, then maybe ( and I stress MAYBE!) the model may trust you enough to share some personal info... but it has to be on her terms. Her rules... her decision. There is no easy answer to that. No fast forward buttons. You must try and understand that many models will actively avoid sharing personal stuff with members... and avoid it like the plague. The models (in the majority) generally wish to keep their cam lives and real lives separate, for reasons of personal and family safety. Try and see the big picture. :thumbleft:

Trust has to be earned... pure and simple. No one knows who you are on the net. You could be anyone... nice guy or nut job. Who knows? You could even be a member of a certain Nigerian Royal family who needs to be able to withdraw his $10 million family fortune by transferring funds to someone else's bank account.

:twocents-02cents:

PRISM said:

Well it wouldn't do well to show it in front of people when we're uncomfortable.

Personally speaking, when a member asks me for my contact info/name the first time, my first thought is "Lol, this guy doesnt know whats up, why would he think Id want to tell him that. Pretty rude/presumptuous. Doesn't he get why Id use a stage name? *eyeroll*" There are a million reasons sex workers don't want people to have our contact info or real names, that should be pretty obvious.

Pestering about it, not understanding/respecting why I wouldn't give it out is when it gets creepy. People who disregard or try to pick apart your boundaries are pushy and weird.

AmberCutie said:
Oh shit... I better add some text as apparently if this forum was run properly I'd be banned for posting with only a smiley.
For the record, I've been on forums and the like since before the world wide web was even invented. His stating that made me laugh. Never heard such nonsense before. All I could think was he doesn't know forums well at all.

PRISM said:
I wouldn't call asking a model for their contact info just "something". It's certainly not the same thing a asking what their favorite TV show is. It's pretty much common sense to not ask certain things of ANY model, it's always better to err on the side of caution. Even if I knew a model REALLY well I wouldn't EVER ask for that kind of personal information.

EDIT: Others beat me to it but I'm posting my opinion anyway :p

hapa74 said:
PRISM said:
I wouldn't call asking a model for their contact info just "something". It's certainly not the same thing a asking what their favorite TV show is. It's pretty much common sense to not ask certain things of ANY model, it's always better to err on the side of caution. Even if I knew a model REALLY well I wouldn't EVER ask for that kind of personal information.

Actually in today's Big Data World a few questions such as "whats your favorite tv show, whats your favorite singer, whats your favorite hobby" etc. can be considered as personal as someone asking a model for her phone number.

It's not the worst thing in the world, it's just something that I don't think many cam girls will appreciate, ya know? Some models sell their phone number, some share their address for the purpose of sending them gifts, but most will be very protective of their privacy, because it's often not safe to be any other way. There's also the issue that cam girls are there to provide a fantasy, a fantasy that takes place online, under a stage name, and doesn't extend to the real world. For some members and models, that fantasy gives way to real-world friendships, but that's something that can't really be forced, and that just has to happen organically, and doesn't just happen when you tip a magic number. By straight up asking for things like phone numbers and addresses when you first meet a model (or even if you've known them for a while), even if your intentions are completely innocent, the model is almost certain to be taken aback. "What does he need my number for? What does he need my address for? What is he planning?". If a model enjoys your company enough to want to swap numbers or let you know where she lives, she'll broach the subject with you herself. If not, I think you just kind of have to accept that she only wants to be contacted through the avenues she provides/offers to you when she's on cam.

PRISM said:
hapa74 said:
PRISM said:

Actually in today's Big Data World a few questions such as "whats your favorite tv show, whats your favorite singer, whats your favorite hobby" etc. can be considered as personal as someone asking a model for her phone number.

I find that notion pretty absurd. I just cannot imagine a person feeling that way, especially a camgirl. People may call us paranoid or overly cautious but I don't think many of us are concerned about that sort of thing as far as topics that come up during our shows. I would say that WE are more likely to encourage topics like that to get conversations going and for most that would be a "safe" thing to talk about.

I will add that I don't feel like hypothetical conversation that you added to your post earlier was something that would freak me out. I would totally just be like "Nope!" and move on. My responses were based more on the topic of asking for her REAL address and phone number and other VERY personal details for the purposes of something like using alternative means to send money directly. I was definitely NOT thinking about someone just asking to tip so they can text you. Models generally use services for that so that they are not giving out their real phone number. Asking for someone's real phone number or address would be rude and creepy. I wouldn't get weirded out if someone asked if I sold a number for texting, though I find most models who do that will have the info on their profile or will advertise it in their room.

The way the subject is broached is definitely really important. I would still say that letting a model come to you with that information first is wise. I have a hard time understanding why someone would be so insistent on pushing the boundaries of people in a line of work where asking for that sort of thing is a red flag. I know that you're really dead set on the idea that we should be cool with that, but if you're wrong in the case of the model you're asking, realize that you're probably going to scare her in addition to potentially hurting your friendship with her. I'm not sure that I see a scenario where that's worth it.

PRISM said:
hapa74 said:
PRISM said:

Ah yes Data Mining...so then, why would a cam model feel comfortable with giving you their personal contact info again?

(*psst* fyi that's a snarky rhetorical question)

Its up to the model if she wants to give out her number or not to a particular member I just don't see simply asking as being a sign of a creep, although it may be construed as a person that is rude without manners depending on the culture of the model the member is visiting and what her particular rules may be.

PRISM said:
Its up to the model if she wants to give out her number or not to a particular member I just don't see simply asking as being a sign of a creep, although it may be construed as a person that is rude without manners depending on the culture of the model the member is visiting and what her particular rules may be.

We are camgirls. We are the one's in question here.

There has been a resounding "Yes, that is creepy" from the community. We already know that you don't think it's creepy, but we are telling you that we do think it is. I think that we would know better than you! :lol:

PRISM said:

You do not have to ask though. Models that want you to have it will give it to you.

KayleePond said:
PRISM said:

We are camgirls. We are the one's in question here.

There has been a resounding "Yes, that is creepy" from the community. We already know that you don't think it's creepy, but we are telling you that we do think it is. I think that we would know better than you! :lol:

ACF is just a fraction of the camming community in regards to both models and members, what may be creepy by ACF standards may seem pretty normal for persons that dont visit this site or part of the ACF model clique.

PRISM said:

Of course it's up to them, but just watch how many models/members "thank" the posts telling you that it IS creepy. Then maybe you'll begin to understand the creep-osity (my new word) of that kind of question, especially right out of the gate.

Anyway, I've got other stuff to do, maybe you'll figure it out, maybe you won't. Giving off "The Creepy Vibes" is up to you.

Attachments

• Mic-Drop.gif
    Mic-Drop.gif
    735.3 KB · Views: 116
I don't really find it creepy. Just kind of stupid.

Like "woah this is one of those idiots who probably doesn't realize that "Veronica Chaos" is a persona that I created for my camlife."

So I mean, it's whatever. If you want to look dumb go for it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.