AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The psychology behind a 500,000 token tip

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GiselleWhite8 said:
Kickaz said:
bsurs said:
She just dropped to #2. Crazy.

Lexxi is a hard model to beat(speaking from experience) . I admire her success!

Damn. :shock:
Back at number 1 .... who knows Olivia may pass them both, she will have a fair estimate of what she needs now.

Holy moly.. 500K lasts for only about 10 days to be on top... DAMN! :eek:

ok, Im really late to the party for this subject, but I don't understand why a 500.000 token tip is considered a $ 45.000 gift.

I would say it is a $ 25.000 gift, as far as I know a MCF model gets 5 cent a token, or is it based on what the member has paid for it? Based on the best package I know about, it would be $ 39.603

RedHerby said:
ok, Im really late to the party for this subject, but I don't understand why a 500.000 token tip is considered a $ 45.000 gift.

I would say it is a $ 25.000 gift, as far as I know a MCF model gets 5 cent a token, or is it based on what the member has paid for it? Based on the best package I know about, it would be $ 39.603

It is not a gift it's income. If it isn't a boatload of models have been paying a lot of taxes, they shouldn't have been paying. :D

I've watched her a few times and she's a really overall nice girl, I am pleased she go that tip.
I don't think I could speak for a good few hours if I was on the other end of that tip, heck 10k tokens is an insanely massive deal to me.

But was totally bummed to see her at #2 this morning, considering Lexxi has won Miss MFC quite a few times, you would think it would be nice for her to take a step back and allow someone who has never been #1 have their glory, even just for one month.

I rarely see Lexxi online camming

ScarletL said:
I've watched her a few times and she's a really overall nice girl, I am pleased she go that tip.
I don't think I could speak for a good few hours if I was on the other end of that tip, heck 10k tokens is an insanely massive deal to me.

But was totally bummed to see her at #2 this morning, considering Lexxi has won Miss MFC quite a few times, you would think it would be nice for her to take a step back and allow someone who has never been #1 have their glory, even just for one month.

I don't see why Lexxi should give up going for #1 just because she's had it multiple times in the past. That's not being inconsiderate to Kendra at all, in my opinion. If Kendra wants #1 badly enough she and her room will make it happen. I remember when NikiSkyler and Ginny were battling it out for #1 a couple years ago and Niki was saying to her room that she wished Ginny would back off so she could have the crown. Honestly, why would Ginny back off? She may have had it before but that doesn't mean she shouldn't want it again (and again). I call it competitive spirit and drive and there's nothing wrong with having it. In the end, Niki busted her butt and got #1 and I was so happy for her. She worked for it and got it and at the end of the day both girls were happy.

Also, just because Lexxi isn't online camming doesn't mean she isn't doing a TON of offline work. For all we know she could be accepting tokens for Skype shows. I never judge another models work ethic or "deservedness" based solely on how many hours she's been online in a month. Every month I was in Top 20 I worked a TON of hours offline doing Skype's and staying in contact with my supporters. Online hours are just a small piece of the puzzle and not a true indication of how much time and effort is put into rank.

:twocents-02cents:

KittyWilde said:
ScarletL said:

I don't see why Lexxi should give up going for #1 just because she's had it multiple times in the past. That's not being inconsiderate to Kendra at all, in my opinion. If Kendra wants #1 badly enough she and her room will make it happen. I remember when NikiSkyler and Ginny were battling it out for #1 a couple years ago and Niki was saying to her room that she wished Ginny would back off so she could have the crown. Honestly, why would Ginny back off? She may have had it before but that doesn't mean she shouldn't want it again (and again). I call it competitive spirit and drive and there's nothing wrong with having it. In the end, Niki busted her butt and got #1 and I was so happy for her. She worked for it and got it and at the end of the day both girls were happy.

Also, just because Lexxi isn't online camming doesn't mean she isn't doing a TON of offline work. For all we know she could be accepting tokens for Skype shows. I never judge another models work ethic or "deservedness" based solely on how many hours she's been online in a month. Every month I was in Top 20 I worked a TON of hours offline doing Skype's and staying in contact with my supporters. Online hours are just a small piece of the puzzle and not a true indication of how much time and effort is put into rank.

Plus, let's be honest here. In the neighborhood of a $100,000 payout this month for each of them no matter how they finish, pretty much guarantee's they'll both be considered winners by anyone who thinks about it.

KittyWilde said:
ScarletL said:

Yeah I defiantly see that side to it. Maybe I am different, If I had won it a few times I probably would back of slightly (to finish 2nd) to allow that girl that #1 glory, even if it was only once in her life.
That's just if I was in that personal situation myself, I would feel a little mean if I was fighting for #1 for the 5th or whatever time if I saw a girl trying to get her first crown.

ScarletL said:
KittyWilde said:
ScarletL said:

Yeah I defiantly see that side to it. Maybe I am different, If I had won it a few times I probably would back of slightly (to finish 2nd) to allow that girl that #1 glory, even if it was only once in her life.
That's just if I was in that personal situation myself, I would feel a little mean if I was fighting for #1 for the 5th or whatever time if I saw a girl trying to get her first crown.
My thoughts on this are that we are all trying to make as much money as we can. Why should Lexxi hold off? Make that money girl!

NicoleRiley said:
ScarletL said:
KittyWilde said:
ScarletL said:

My thoughts on this are that we are all trying to make as much money as we can. Why should Lexxi hold off? Make that money girl!

I agree with this fundamentally, but think there are certain caveats that make things less cut and dry than they might initially appear. It obviously goes without saying that any model even in contention for the top spot of Miss MFC is (unless she is ridiculously, exceptionally, unfathomably lucky) there because she's put in an obscene amount of off and on-cam hours and worked her ass off for the past 30 days, but when it gets down to the last few days of the month, I think the Miss MFC competition can lead to slightly unhealthy competition.

If there's only a few thousand dollars separating the top two models, and the model in the number two spot sells a few grand's worth of content to overtake the other girl, then more power to her. But I can't help but feel a little uneasy when I see models urging their regulars to tip them even more to get them that top spot. Realistically, without the generosity of their regulars, they probably wouldn't be sitting in second in Miss MFC to begin with (or first or third or whatever), so I'm not a huge fan of the way that the competition justifies models essentially saying to their fans "hey, I know you've already spent hundreds/thousands of dollars on my content and me this month, and I'm very happy to have made the insane amount of money I've made this month, but there's a model who's made a little bit more than me, so if you could spend a little more on me, that would be great".

And it's not that that's always how it happens, but I've seen it happen often enough for it to irk me. And I don't think it's greed that fuels the models. I think it's purely competition. I just wonder whether that competition is ultimately healthy, and whether pushing for that extra dollar is always a good thing in the grand scheme of things :twocents-02cents:

Competition is what makes mfc what it is today.
Without miss mfc top models earnings would have been a tiny fraction of what everyone makes now. Also most of the time it's the fans that want that model to get that number one spot. Demanding tokens to get to there rarely works (unless your niche is the spoiled brat fetish)

mynameisbob84 said:
But I can't help but feel a little uneasy when I see models urging their regulars to tip them even more to get them that top spot. Realistically, without the generosity of their regulars, they probably wouldn't be sitting in second in Miss MFC to begin with (or first or third or whatever), so I'm not a huge fan of the way that the competition justifies models essentially saying to their fans "hey, I know you've already spent hundreds/thousands of dollars on my content and me this month, and I'm very happy to have made the insane amount of money I've made this month, but there's a model who's made a little bit more than me, so if you could spend a little more on me, that would be great".

And it's not that that's always how it happens, but I've seen it happen often enough for it to irk me. And I don't think it's greed that fuels the models. I think it's purely competition. I just wonder whether that competition is ultimately healthy, and whether pushing for that extra dollar is always a good thing in the grand scheme of things :twocents-02cents:
This definitely hit home for me.

In the beginning when I was pretty consistently finishing in the top 20, there were absolutely moments where I felt I could be completely pushing people away or making them feel used due to the sense of the competition. During the last week, it most definitely was "hey we've done so great already but we've gotta go for the gold, baby!" When people you thought were cool start throwing around words like "token whore" in PMs with other regulars, that doesn't feel good...

The thing is... it works. I mean, back when I just pushed and pushed, I did finish higher. And the crazy excitement of it did encourage me to put in even more hours and get creative with fun shows and prizes. The bad part is, it makes me feel really bad about it in hindsight.

I recently looked back on some archives from October 2011 when I got that 100k tip that suddenly put me in the top 20 out of nowhere. It automatically turned into a huge mega month for me, I ended up working every day after that and including some extra perks for people who went all sorts of crazy to help me hold a top spot. One of the conversations in the archive was talking to the mega tipper in question a day or so later, and I said something to the effect of "I hope you don't think I'm awful for these big countdowns and pushing for rank after how generous you just were with me. I'm going to bust my butt to try and hold it". His replies were super sweet and encouraging, said he still loved contributing toward it and hoped I finished top 20.

Going forward, I feel like I'll be much more true to myself to take a more laid back approach to it when I'm trying to attain a higher rank, but still strive for it with my own time and effort. I by no means am expecting my regulars to go broke for me and the sake of my rank satisfaction. So while I do plan a few extra games and prizes for those who go a little bit beyond the norm, I want to reassure them all that no matter what, we're golden. Making people feel bad for something that is ultimately out of their hands isn't worth it.

I agree with both Jerry's and Nicole's points:

1) Although the competition can be exciting for all involved, at the end of the day the prize is minor and anyone who finished near the top had a super month.

2) It doesn't really make any sense to take it easy so someone else can win because what you win is very little compared to the total you earned directly from your tips. If you ease up, so #2 can have her first crown when you're ready to work and your regs are into it, you're potentially giving up a lot more income than you get for being 1st.

Sure, as an observer, I'll root for the one without a bunch of wins to her credit if I like both equally, but I don't expect the other one to give up. Also, my feeling on competition is it's no fun if everyone isn't trying. There's no sense of accomplishment if you didn't beat everyone's best effort. I do some competitive things for fun, and honestly, I'd rather lose than win because they weren't really trying.

Agreed! Someone "taking it easy" because they notice you're having your first big surge of success is essentially taking pity on you. I would find that more upsetting than losing. If someone were to beat my ass repeatedly in a fighting game and then suddenly hang back while I wail on them, it's not a win. It's them saying "Aww, you poor thing, let me give this to you since you can't do it for yourself."

As for reaching the top of MFC I can see where it can go to someone's head. Some models can get caught up in the competition while forgetting about where they came from, who helped their success, and how much fun they used to have before putting that extra pressure on themselves. A lot of effort goes into maintaining those numbers and some girls can get burnt out constantly stressing over them. It's a normal human response to tough competition. At the same time, I'm sick of hearing people complain about these models or compare EVERY model going for a spot to their situation.

I recently started saying I was going to get into the top 500 with my room. Often when I bring it up someone says "there's no reason to do that, numbers don't matter" or "the top girls don't care about their members". The latter seems complete bullshit to me, as I've seen a lot of really sweet, caring top models. As for the former: no, the numbers do not actually matter. I would never push my regulars to tip me more just so that I can see my rank change. That would turn my room from a pervy hangout into a group counting game, and it would kill the fun for everyone. So long as I have fun and I'm not struggling I am happy! But like with any activity/job, sometimes you want to say "Hey, I just made a goal and I completed it. That felt awesome." If I make it to and stay in the top 500 for awhile, I'll feel pretty bad ass because I met my goal.

Everyone wants to improve in what they do and MFC's competition gives us numbers that are an actual measurement of how far we've gone in the ranks. It's hard to ignore that, especially if MFC is a big part of your life. If you were given a number ranking your "success" in your job or hobby, wouldn't you try to change that number just to show that you can?

Divahkiin said:
If you were given a number ranking your "success" in your job or hobby, wouldn't you try to change that number just to show that you can?

Absolutely. It's always good to have something to strive for, and it's satisfying to attain a goal you've been working for. It's just better for you if you don't have to have reached that goal to be happy. Ideally, you'll enjoy your job (easier said that done for many of us) while you're seeking to move up, as long as you're meeting your needs. In a game or hobby, hopefully you'll enjoy playing even when you don't win and while you haven't yet reached that rank you're shooting for.

K has said herself that she doesnt like all this drama and talking about rank. She refuses to discuss other models and rankings in her room because she really just wants to chill with her regs and enjoy it. She still wins this month with some amazing guys backing her up and showing her how much they care. She would be happy at number 8 where she was originally going for this month so I wouldnt worry about who reaches number 1. The person who reaches it is the one who deserves it.

Reactions: WickedTouch
If you were given a number ranking your "success" in your job or hobby, wouldn't you try to change that number just to show that you can?

No, and Yes , time is to valuable to me.

My ranking is called a paycheck. I could increase this number, with more education, investment in a new job, or more time spent on the job. ( spend more time thinking about work),, nope i do not want to do that)

but for a hobby, like tennis,, sure, i want to get better , or increase my "ranking".
this involved diet, workouts, and practice. I enjoy, these things,,

now if i was a tennis pro,, hmmm,, then yes) but i would still limit my time, life is to short to not spend it with loved ones)

PRISM said:
Fay_Galore said:
PRISM said:
eclipse76 said:
PRISM said:
And here is an even more crazy idea, it is their actual city in the majority of cases.
You're a weird dude.
Just put yourself in a cam models position for a moment, or any sex worker for that matter: even in the most liberal countries of this planet (i.e. not the U.S.), sex work is still stigmatized, people think it's degrading, and you can be assured you'll hardly find a "decent" job if you're outed. Add to this the fact that cam website will concentrate a higher proportion of social rejects & weirdos, because their mental issues will prevent them from attracting any mate in real life, and maybe you'll understand why no rational cam models will ever share her contact details, real life name, jobs, and so on (minus the happy fews who gained their trusts). They are a privileged target due to their work and the status of this work in the public eye.

FFS, I was just talking about it seems that on average euro models give out real first name+city more often. There is nothing weird about that.

how do you even know that? I don't think that's true to be honest, what I used to do (at my former camsite) is have a screenname and then when people ask 'what's your real name' I would say it's Fay. so they would feel all insider and groovy and such. maybe they just wanted to be nice to you :)

Also, I do list my real city, because somehow SOME people do know Amsterdam but don't know The Netherlands.... it's true.

Most of the Romanian models I've been to seem to have given people there real first name(its actually less real name and more fake now) and were okay with saying they lived in Bucharest,

When they later send you a request on FB and they are friends with like other models, it kinda confirms it lmao as many models then pop up under the "People You May Know" section on FB.

Nope, they do not give.

Nordling said:
LilyMarie said:
JimsX said:
PRISM said:
Why are euro models more open about where they live than are models from the States, also with names euro models seem to(or in the past) to be more open with their real first name.

In my experience foreign models, depending where they are from, will more readily give personal info because they hope to get something from you -- cash.

It could also be that they figure there is no harm in telling an American guy where they live on the other side of the planet.
I really don't think they think like that.
There was a Taiwanese member recently who decided to visit an American Streamate model in the American city he thought she lives in, hoping to meet her and start their lives together. IIRC he stayed near the airport for several days tweeting, waiting for her to show up.
It was super scary. I don't see why American guys (or any other nationality) don't have the same potential at getting delusional / creepy like the guy from Taiwan.
Anyone can fly anywhere. Just because I'm in Europe doesn't mean I'm any safer than other camgirls. So I'm not open about my name or city either.
Agree, plus I really don't know that non-US models are all that more open about their private information. After all, how would a member know that "SophieXXHot" from Bulgaria who tells them her name is Prudence is really even telling the truth? lol I've known a few American models who lie just to avoid continued conversation about their private data.

It is not that hard to find out their country but it is almost impossible to find their exact location like city and real name.
If i want to find some model's country who just types then I would first talk to them nicely for a while and then ask "what is the time now?".
All girls tell their local time (bcz our brain is not programmed to look for different timezone). It is pretty easy to map time and country.

In case girls who prefers to talk, you can easily find their country based on slang and the way they pronounce certain words.

I might be wrong so far I was correct about the country but never succeed to get their real name except one girl.

Uh, timezone will only give you her longitude, so unless she lives in Iceland or someplace that is unique to one longitude, that won't tell you their country.

Sure, some people can develop a knack for accents, but that's not that all reliable either. I doubt you can detect a Ukrainian from a Russian, or a Moldovan from a Romanian, e.g.

But that's not what I was talking about, which was willingness of US vs non-US models to give up personal information, and I'm sticking to what I said: nationality has little to do with it.

Nordling said:
Uh, timezone will only give you her longitude, so unless she lives in Iceland or someplace that is unique to one longitude, that won't tell you their country.

Sure, some people can develop a knack for accents, but that's not that all reliable either. I doubt you can detect a Ukrainian from a Russian, or a Moldovan from a Romanian, e.g.

But that's not what I was talking about, which was willingness of US vs non-US models to give up personal information, and I'm sticking to what I said: nationality has little to do with it.

I said "local time" not timezone and It is not hard to find out your country based on your "local time". Some people might develop knack for accent. I always pick girls from euro-russia, if we spend more time with them we can easily find difference b/n Ukrainian from Russian (from own experience)

My reply was for "how would a member know that "SophieXXHot" from Bulgaria " not to willingness of US vs non-US. And I'm not saying you're wrong.

alienzombie said:
I said "local time" not timezone and It is not hard to find out your country based on your "local time".

I might be entirely dumb but could you explain the difference for me? Cuz this is how I understand it:

Joe Blow says to me "Hey sweetie, what time is it there?" I say 12:45 pm. This means I gave him the local time of 12:45, from which he can only discern that I am in the Central time zone which covers many different states as well as part of Mexico and Canada (I believe). Am I misunderstanding something?

If I were elsewhere, like Europe, wouldn't my timezone/local time cover just as much area?

AerynShade said:
I will never not thank a Timothy Olyphant gif.
Hehehehee I've been stocking up on Raylan Gifs! Makes me all excited when I see an opportunity to use one! :lol:

Reactions: KayleePond
alienzombie said:
I said "local time" not timezone and It is not hard to find out your country based on your "local time".
Dead wrong. There's a huge difference between "time zones" which are standardized, and "local times," which are not. Without the proper reference works, which I'm sure you don't have, trying to correct local times to time zones can't be accurately done.

Status
Not open for further replies.