AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Public Cam Guy Thread (Male model stuff!)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how many we still have actively camming right now, but has anyone else noticed a pretty dramatic decrease in overall audience numbers? On the female side of things everything seems to be going strong, but on the male side I've noticed my own audiences dip in size, and when looking around before/after my own shows, I see the other top male performers (on the top row of the first page on CB) are still usually under 500 viewers, closer to 300. Is it like this on the other sites too or is Chaturbate dying?

how do you think, when you talk with the audience, does it affect the number of spectators? I also noticed that American models always have more viewers than others.

Hello everyone, name is Primaltime, I cam semi-regularly on Chaturbate. I just found this thread and thought I'd join in, both to give advice as a veteran of about 1.5 years now, and to seek advice from those with ideas I haven't thought of yet.

I have a normal full time job, so I cam more for fun than the money. I'm typically only on once, maybe twice a week, and never more than 2 hours in a show, but I seem to have developed a fairly generous audience because I average 5-7,000 tokens most nights. I also end the show with what seems to be a fairly unique ability to cum multiple times, averaging 6-7 in a row, and have gone as high as 12 back to back. I don't set goals, I don't generally do ticket shows, most income comes from my Hush and being highly interactive with the audience. A couple questions: I don't show my full face, it's generally half concealed by the hat you see in my avatar. I know I would probably make more if I showed the whole thing, but haven't done it yet because since I still have a full time job I consider it a risk. What is everyone's experience with that?

Secondly, I'm wondering what you have had success with as far as non-showtime material. I have a Manyvids profile which does ok, and of course I use Twitter for general PR. Is there anything you guys do like, selling access to a Kik, etc that has had good results for you?

And again, here to help with any answers I can give, I'm kind of semi-pro at this, but I've learned a few things over time. Glad to be here!
5000-7000 it’s amazing, I have 500-1000 at night

So I was thinking a Lovesense or some sort of tip-activated vibrating device would be great for my show, but under the conditions that nothing goes in my butt and view of my cock isn't obstructed. Is there any sort of cock ring that responds to tips or a way to rig an existing device to that end?

I have been thinking of maybe camming but , unlike you guys, am not a handsome chap. I would consider myself average (I am no stud/playboy but no ogre, so I am in between).
I have never used any kind of toy on/in myself.. what toy are suggested/recommended for a male performer (especially interactive tip ones) - and is there actually a decent market on CB for an avg joe like myself? I don't know if it would help (or be worse for me) that I am 30yrs old but if shave my beard/mustache, I look a fair amount younger..

I would love any info and advice etc from you all and your opinions.
Thanks in advance for anything you say/suggest etc

I have been thinking of maybe camming but , unlike you guys, am not a handsome chap. I would consider myself average (I am no stud/playboy but no ogre, so I am in between).
I have never used any kind of toy on/in myself.. what toy are suggested/recommended for a male performer (especially interactive tip ones) - and is there actually a decent market on CB for an avg joe like myself? I don't know if it would help (or be worse for me) that I am 30yrs old but if shave my beard/mustache, I look a fair amount younger..

I would love any info and advice etc from you all and your opinions.
Thanks in advance for anything you say/suggest etc

It's a pretty tough market. I'm only on Chaturbate, so I can't really speak for the other sites, but the audience pool for solo men is not huge, so only the few people at the top bring in consistent viewers/tippers. And if there are any male duo's on, your chances get even worse. I hate to say it, but if you aren't in great shape you're going to have a tough time getting people in your room, but it's not unheard of. A good personality that keeps people engaged will keep them coming back, but you're in for a few months of extremely small audiences while you try and build up a following.

Toys help, it depends on which ones you're comfortable with. The Lovense Max is a tip activated Fleshlight, but I had one for awhile and the crowd didn't react well to it, since unfortunately it hides the main thing they came to see. If you are ok with putting anything in the back hole, the Lovense Hush and Edge are also great, and get a much better response from viewers.

Just be aware, it's a tough startup, and you will likely not earn much of anything for a month minimum, possibly more.

• Helpful!
Reactions: NotYou
Definitely agree it's a tough start up - although as an "gentleman of stature" (old fat bloke) I'm happy that my audience is very very specific.

If you're prepared to start slow and "score success" by other measures such as followers gained or did you find an interesting person in chat - even if they didn't have tokens (or weren't going to tip) - then its still worth thinking about, you're playing a longer game and building relationships that can turn a desolate chatroom with three anons staring at you in silence into a more lively experience - just don't expect to be ordering that sports car just yet!

Then again, I've only just found this site and all the advice on it, so it's possible that by the time I've done all the reading I'd be doing things differently :)

Hey everyone. Just finished day 5 camming as a straight faceless solo male on Chaturbate and I've had a blast so far. I've really exceeded my expectations of what I ever thought I would be able to achieve as a solo male with boundaries on anything anal related and it's taken me by surprise in the best way possible.

My main focus has been on posing and teasing my body at all times, make sure that thumbnail pops to attract viewers. As well as personally addressing everyone that enters the room in an attempt to push encourage participation in chat. At a certain point the numbers got too crazy and it was no longer necessary, the chat became a life of its own.

Also being firm in my own boundaries and not selling my self short I feel has been immensely important.

I'm really interested in trying to do something with a Lovense Max, but my concern was the obscuring of the penis as was mentioned a few posts back. I'm thinking I may still invest or put it on a wishlist and give it a go. Also interested in building up some good edging shows.

Reactions: retched and JoeSpod
Guys, I'm happy to be back on this thread, as an industry rep (The badge will be added somewhere in the future maybe).
In short, I work for a website that has male performers as well, but I'm primarily here to listen to you.
@Hereiam , where have you been?
Hey hey hey .. here i am Dan ;)
Sorry just take a break of social media but i still here

Hey everyone. Just finished day 5 camming as a straight faceless solo male on Chaturbate and I've had a blast so far. I've really exceeded my expectations of what I ever thought I would be able to achieve as a solo male with boundaries on anything anal related and it's taken me by surprise in the best way possible.

My main focus has been on posing and teasing my body at all times, make sure that thumbnail pops to attract viewers. As well as personally addressing everyone that enters the room in an attempt to push encourage participation in chat. At a certain point the numbers got too crazy and it was no longer necessary, the chat became a life of its own.

Also being firm in my own boundaries and not selling my self short I feel has been immensely important.

I'm really interested in trying to do something with a Lovense Max, but my concern was the obscuring of the penis as was mentioned a few posts back. I'm thinking I may still invest or put it on a wishlist and give it a go. Also interested in building up some good edging shows.

You say you make a blast ? (dunno what is "a blast" for you but ... ) ;) ;) i think you should invest its only 100$ for the lovense edge or hush (i love my) and guys love it too it's a good adition for show and ... earnings ;) gimme some news

You say you make a blast ? (dunno what is "a blast" for you but ... ) ;) ;) i think you should invest its only 100$ for the lovense edge or hush (i love my) and guys love it too it's a good adition for show and ... earnings ;) gimme some news

Haha. It’s a saying, “having a blast” means having a good time. I won’t be getting the edge or hush as I will not be putting anything in my butt, ever.

I will consider the Max however, just for the occasional show, some variety.

I should warn you the Max is not really worth the money, based on my experience with it. 1: It barely does anything to drive tipping like the other toys do. Men just aren't as interested in the effect it has, and the whole thing is opaque so it hides your cock, which they also tend not to like. For the short time I used the thing, it generated very little in the way of tips, whereas the Hush/Edge absolutely quadrupled what I was bringing in. Not saying you have to use one of those. Also, the thing is pretty shoddy, mine was torn open and useless after about 2 weeks with it at the most.

You can get a clear fleshlight for half the price. Unfortunately it doesn't create interactivity the way a Lovense toy does, but they can still see your cock in it and you can create goals or tip menu items for using it. If you use OBS, you can do what I do and put a second camera in the end of it so they can see you going in and out of it. I've gotten great response to that.

I should warn you the Max is not really worth the money, based on my experience with it. 1: It barely does anything to drive tipping like the other toys do. Men just aren't as interested in the effect it has, and the whole thing is opaque so it hides your cock, which they also tend not to like. For the short time I used the thing, it generated very little in the way of tips, whereas the Hush/Edge absolutely quadrupled what I was bringing in. Not saying you have to use one of those. Also, the thing is pretty shoddy, mine was torn open and useless after about 2 weeks with it at the most.

You can get a clear fleshlight for half the price. Unfortunately it doesn't create interactivity the way a Lovense toy does, but they can still see your cock in it and you can create goals or tip menu items for using it. If you use OBS, you can do what I do and put a second camera in the end of it so they can see you going in and out of it. I've gotten great response to that.

I see, the most concerning thing about your post is the build quality issues, what is it exactly that got torn up?

I have some creative ideas for the Max and there’s only one way to find out. I’ve currently been setting goals along the lines of: remove clothing until naked -> non-stop edging -> permission to finish.

This format will definitely get stale for viewers I can imagine so I would like to switch it up.

Also another question, what are yours and everyone else’s thoughts about accepting privates when you have goals open?

The actual silicon portion of the Max started to tear on both sides of the main opening, from there it just tore a little more every time I used it until the opening was basically twice the size.

I can't speak for the other guys, I don't do privates at all. You can make a decent amount of tokens but then you lose your whole audience and have to start over when you come back. I make a LOT more by just keeping the audience growing until the end of the show. If I did do them, I would just start at the most recently attained goal and go from there.

Hey Primal are you not camming at the moment? I've been looking out for you on CB.

Anybody got any advice on shower shows? I'm doing my first one today (8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific). Different tip menu items, goals, how to structure it, etc?

Hey Primal are you not camming at the moment? I've been looking out for you on CB.

Anybody got any advice on shower shows? I'm doing my first one today (8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific). Different tip menu items, goals, how to structure it, etc?

I never done that and i could never do one but ... i think you maybe structure it as a cumshow i mean ... XXXXtok cumshow in shower at goal ..

or maybe multi goal ... shirt off .. pants off .. brief off .. edging .. cumshow in shower ...

and .. dunno but .. in shower you already naked so ... what guys can tip for ?? flex ? 2min jerk off? spank ? 2 min finger asshole ? jerk of with soap

I never done that and i could never do one but ... i think you maybe structure it as a cumshow i mean ... XXXXtok cumshow in shower at goal ..

or maybe multi goal ... shirt off .. pants off .. brief off .. edging .. cumshow in shower ...

and .. dunno but .. in shower you already naked so ... what guys can tip for ?? flex ? 2min jerk off? spank ? 2 min finger asshole ? jerk of with soap

Thanks, there were definitely somethings to work out with the sound and lighting, and I have a tiny bathroom so angles were not great. My wifi in the bathroom was also not great. I'll definitely be doing it again with all these things in mind in the future. A good learning experience :)

Thanks, there were definitely somethings to work out with the sound and lighting, and I have a tiny bathroom so angles were not great. My wifi in the bathroom was also not great. I'll definitely be doing it again with all these things in mind in the future. A good learning experience :)
ya .. great man

Hey guys, had a pretty awesome show today, went with a multi-orgasm show. First couple of goals were to get me naked, and from then on each goal was to do a cumshow. Ended up making it through 5 cum goals throughout a 6 hour show!

Very fun, very draining haha.

I think sticking out the duration of 6 hour shows with minimal breaks while keeping the room engaged with conversation or visuals is the way to go for me at this point. (I took two breaks each less than 3 minutes just to use the bathroom).

I plug my twitter a few times each show and then right at the end of the show, and growing that seems to be key as well.

I've also started offering a 30 minute free Private at the end of each month to the months biggest tipper. Gave Octobers big tipper their private over the weekend and it ended up being a great experience in building a better relationship with the person.

PS Is the models only section more active for Male cammers? Hoping to gain access ASAP.

those past days, week i dunno what's happen i barely have difficulties to get 15-20 people in my room .. dunno what's happen ... usually i get 30-60 (im live from 10h45 PM ET to 1h00 AM ET) ... and .. last night .. i couldnt log in, i mean .. i log in and cannot broadcast when i hit the broadcast now button can just trying connecting eternally and never get only.. on my chronium lovense browser say shockwave flash crashed .. i've tried on 2 different computer on 3 different browser on each computer so i think it's not on my side .. i hope bit ok tonight ... i will write to cb support .. you guys did you here some other performer having problem to broadcasting ? i.m desapointed i was in a mood for cam ...

those past days, week i dunno what's happen i barely have difficulties to get 15-20 people in my room .. dunno what's happen ... usually i get 30-60 (im live from 10h45 PM ET to 1h00 AM ET) ... and .. last night .. i couldnt log in, i mean .. i log in and cannot broadcast when i hit the broadcast now button can just trying connecting eternally and never get only.. on my chronium lovense browser say shockwave flash crashed .. i've tried on 2 different computer on 3 different browser on each computer so i think it's not on my side .. i hope bit ok tonight ... i will write to cb support .. you guys did you here some other performer having problem to broadcasting ? i.m desapointed i was in a mood for cam ...
i forgot to say ... since maybe one week some tell me that my cam is blurry, but i never do nothing different since 18 month ...

Anyone here has got advice as to how to introduce girls to camming? I've got two that are willing to try with me, but I'm not 100% sure on how to lead them during the shows. I've done it before, but with two girls that don't speak english (it sucked). Now there are these two:
-young pretty blondie girl, shy and speaks no english
-hippie style milf, well spoken and good english

tbh I think I'll broadcast with both of them (two different accounts right?), since it's fun and a way to make money and enjoy their company (ofc it won't be as good as sexy time between four walls but the $$ can be worth it)

How much can we expect to earn as beginners?

Would love to hear your experiences with couple shows and advice
Cheers!

Anyone here has got advice as to how to introduce girls to camming? I've got two that are willing to try with me, but I'm not 100% sure on how to lead them during the shows. I've done it before, but with two girls that don't speak english (it sucked). Now there are these two:
-young pretty blondie girl, shy and speaks no english
-hippie style milf, well spoken and good english

tbh I think I'll broadcast with both of them (two different accounts right?), since it's fun and a way to make money and enjoy their company (ofc it won't be as good as sexy time between four walls but the $$ can be worth it)

How much can we expect to earn as beginners?

Would love to hear your experiences with couple shows and advice
Cheers!

Could be tough, I have found that couples make for better shows for a 2 main reasons. 1. the obvious, Interaction between the two sexes and 2. MOST couple shows tend to be more engaging with the audience. I find that some couples dont engage, usually ones that dont speak english very well. So theirs you're issue.

Shy people dont make for the most engaging shows. I am always engaging the room, say hi to everyone that comes in. Thats my bread and butter honestly. I'm very vocal with my audience. I dont have a six pack or an 8 inch cock.

As for how to lead them, just do your thing as if soloing and at the same time show her off, the tips will start coming for your regular "gay" viewers while the straight guys will start asking her to do things. I did a few couples shows back in the day before she got cold feet. Still have the videos too, wonder what the ethics of selling them now are that she isnt doing it with me anymore...hmm?

I know it's going to look weird to double post but since there is no male cam section afaik, lets pretend this is a new thread.
Title: How far are you willing to go as a straight model?

I know I could make much better tips for sticking a lush in my ass, dildo play, jacking off with another guy, but I'm just not comfortable with that stuff. It wouldn't be genuine either and the viewers I think would know it. So, right now, the craziest I get is Show Asshole on my tip menu.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to some things either you as a gay male would like to see that is NOT one of the above things I mention I wont do, that maybe I haven't thought of yet? Same goes for the straight models. Just want to open a discussion for ideas and also hear your stories about how far you are willing to go for tips.

Unfortunately there just isn't a huge audience pool for solo males. While there is no reason to go beyond what is comfortable for you, I can tell you it will be very limiting for how well you can do in a given amount of time. I wasn't sure about a Lovense toy either, but my earnings went up like %800 when I got one. Like you, I engage the crowd as much as possible. but there is only so much you can do as far as interactivity without the toy. I will tell you, the Lush is NOT for men. You can get an Edge, which is considerably more forgiving for people not experienced with having something up there.

There are always new ways to engage, for instance I used to read erotica that I found online because my audience really liked the sound of my voice. Unfortunately though that got me more viewers, and more fans, it did not result in more tips. It's kind of the sad reality that a toy is nearly a necessity for us.

• Helpful!
Reactions: passmeawhiskay
Status
Not open for further replies.