AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Wire

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2013
Midwest USA
Twitter Username
@pg2400
MFC Username
pg240
Just started watching "The Wire" on Amazon Prime. Four episodes in, and I'm thoroughly hooked. Extremely well written and acted. And it's cool that some of the old "Homicide: Life on the Streets" gang is involved.

One of my all time favorites. I remember finishing the entire series in less than 2 weeks. It's such a deep show with a lot of social commentary about American society, particularly the war on drugs.

Quasi spoiler alert for the 2nd season:

the second season takes a while to get going after the awesomeness of the first season. just gotta be patient

Reactions: pg240
My favourite show of all time. Bar none. I'm impatiently waiting for the Blu-Ray release. Brilliant characters; endlessly quotable; funny, depressing, frustrating and entertaining in equal measure. It was never designed to be easily digestible television, but if you stick with it (and you should) you'll be rewarded with this wonderfully rich tapestry of deep, meaningful drama; social commentary; comedy; an unflinching study of the human condition and a scathing dissection of the corruption, bureaucracy, and disastrous 'war on drugs' that all but crippled Baltimore.

I heart The Wire hard, yo :shifty:

It had me in the first couple of minutes of the first episode. Cop talking to a street kid about a crap game and a kid with the street name "snot boogie" (including colorful conjecture about how he got the name) who always tried to run off with a large pot. Cop asked why they let "snot boogie" play if they know he's just going to try to run off with a pot. Kid says something like, "Have to let him play. This is America."

I'm only five episode in now and I can already say it's some of the finest television writing I've experienced. If you folks haven't watched Simon's "Homicide," you should give that a try if it's available in some format. I loved that show so much the first thing I did on a trip to Baltimore was go to Fells Point to see and photograph the shooting locations.

I just finished it up not too long ago, and yeah, it is definitely a show deserving of the acclaim it has received. The character writing is just phenomenal! The thing I like so much about it is that it manages to do what so little of any kind of narrative work seems capable of: it shows all these sides of complex issues, deeply and meaningfully, and really fleshes out the humanity of the situation. It's a hell of a show that can get you rooting for both sides of the line in "the game."

Also, I have to say, despite the fact that it is a crime drama, I really appreciate that most of the time, it wasn't all that overtly violent. Hell, look at what gets shown in most prime time network crime dramas these days, and what violence did take place on-screen in the Wire seems mostly tame (and definitely more realistic) by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.