AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Threw and through....

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New one that has been absolutely peeving me lately:

Woman vs. Women

"You are a beautiful women". No. I am not multiple people. STAHP.

Hanged and hung.

Hanged is the preferred usage for past tense when you hang someone to death. When you hang a picture on the wall in the past, it's hung. "While the crowd hanged Throckmorton in the town square, I kept busy while I hung a picture of unicorns over my desk."

ZenHedonist said:
Etymology...Entomology...

Sometimes words bug me...

I'd be surprised if the typical online person even knew that either of these words existed. If someone used one for the other, I'd tend to think it was a brain fart and not ignorance. Nice pun though. ;)

This thread is full of examples of things that annoy me. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

High on my list are the following:

loose/lose
to/too

and especially text talk when there's plenty of room to use real words.

"Ur" for "your" or "you're" makes me think violent thoughts.

I admit to throwing in a folksy pseudo-word or incorrect usage when it seems reasonable to do so. I will start a sentence with "and" if it's in a discussion-like format, and the timing sounds good to me -- I claim poetic license. I wouldn't do that in a formal document though.

I'm pretty paranoid about my typos. I can't help but feel people will think I'm an idiot. This is not so good since my typing is poor.

I through sum tokens inn you’re room ware their was not a thing in the room.

Irregardless of the fact that the room was bear except four the poll on which she twirled.

A cam girl seamlessly and yet quitly she spinned around the amber colored medal shaft.

It truly was an satisfying effort that generated a absolutely stunning a mount of tokens.

Witch brought about tears of joy bye the generosity, butt that is knot to say it wuz two good to be true.

I hope that you are making cents from what I have hear. I am trying to right as many inaccuracies as possible.

Its making my head spin write now. For all intensive purposes some people except the fact that phonics was taught and is partly to be blamed I wood guestimate.

I have scene this happen and who is to bee blamed.

I grow and tire quickly after reeding all of these heirs.

Woman can’t live with them can’t live without them.

Anyways I wander if I have mist any?

I hope that I have affectively caused my fifth grade English teacher to role over in her grave.

Wary and weary.

You do NOT say "Past experiences make me weary of men in trench coats with undisclosed buldges in the front."

The word you want is "wary" people. One means alarmed/alert the other means tired. I certainly hope you haven't come across so many creepy dudes that you actually get sleepy when you see them... :?

So glad this topic has been created! I have some friends who use 'Arks' instead of 'Ask'

as in:

'Can I arks you a question?'

In my head: 'What?! It's just three letters in this order A-S-K which then produces the smooth word of 'ask'. Is your brain not working very well? Actually, I just want to smack you upside the head for saying that.'

What I actually say: 'Yeah, sure!'

Reactions: LadyLuna
KiKiDash said:
So glad this topic has been created! I have some friends who use 'Arks' instead of 'Ask'

as in:

'Can I arks you a question?'

In my head: 'What?! It's just three letters in this order A-S-K which then produces the smooth word of 'ask'. Is your brain not working very well? Actually, I just want to smack you upside the head for saying that.'

And then there are those folks who use the pronunciation of Ask to AXE.

I wanna axe you a question.

No no no I wanna AXE you in the head if you do not pronounce that word correctly.

Oh wait, this is not the Pet Peeve Yo topic.

Bonsai. Pronounced "bone-sigh". Really cool little bitty trees.

Banzai. Pronounced like it looks. Means "ten thousand years". What you might yell when you attack the enemy. Not a little bitty tree.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Common when they mean 'come on.' Makes me cringe every time.

(this may have been said before, I'm feeling lazy this morning)

ZenHedonist said:
Nordling said:
ZenHedonist said:
There is no "R" in the word "Wash"...
:-D Unless you live in eastern WARSHington. :)

Catch and ketch.
Which made me think of Catsup v. Ketchup

or you live in the south, where ya'll may be required to worsh yer britches in the worshtub if you spill kaitchup onnem, yanow?

People pronouncing specific as pacific. One might refer to a particular item, trait or feeling. The other is a gigantic fucking ocean. Argh just makes me stabby. Spelling is one thing - vocabulary is another.

Oh another one that drives me batshit crazy is how some British people, instead of saying "I ate an apple", it's "I et an apple". I understand it can be pacific (lol) to local accent, but seriously?! I don't care what the woman of the linguistics radio program says about it being acceptable English, it just makes me cringe.

And all this coming from an Australian, reknown for our butchering of the English language, hey. Lol.

MsAllyCat said:
People pronouncing specific as pacific. One might refer to a particular item, trait or feeling. The other is a gigantic fucking ocean. Argh just makes me stabby. Spelling is one thing - vocabulary is another.

Actually, it's a gigantic *peaceful* ocean, if you want to get pacific about vocabulary.

Sevrin said:
MsAllyCat said:

Actually, it's a gigantic *peaceful* ocean, if you want to get pacific about vocabulary.

Very good. :)

Reactions: SerenaMoon
Hella. I hella hate it when I hear a "hella"...

How many Northern Californians does it take to change a light bulb?

Hella.

The funniest thing about the above 'joke' is that when I have told it to those who have pretty much lived in 'NorCal' (this annoys me too for some reason) all their life and they look at me like they are still waiting for the punchline.... :woops:

hella

Term used to indicate personal superiority. When spoken in conversation, the receiving party immediatley knows that the person saying the word is of a high class because of that person's NorCal roots.

Thusly, if the receiver is not of the same geography and stature, negative emotions arise from envy. A primary example is that of the frustrated SoCal dweller who is frequently subjected to the mighty and humbling presence of NorCalers.

Alternatively, Hella can alert other prestigious NorCalers that they are dealing with a higher species much like themselves.

NorCaler: "That was Hella cool!"
SoCaler: "Huh? Wha? Hella? That sounds dumb."
NorCaler: "No sir. You sir are Hella dumb. Good day."
SoCaler: "Oh yah. You're...dumbererer. Keanu rules!!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hella

dADMJXX.jpg

tQmWb0J.jpg
cVdtbcw.jpg
53uvkFm.jpg

LiLredhairedgrl said:
Hella. I hella hate it when I hear a "hella"...

How many Northern Californians does it take to change a light bulb?

Hella.

The funniest thing about the above 'joke' is that when I have told it to those who have pretty much lived in 'NorCal' (this annoys me too for some reason) all their life and they look at me like they are still waiting for the punchline.... :woops:

hella

Term used to indicate personal superiority. When spoken in conversation, the receiving party immediatley knows that the person saying the word is of a high class because of that person's NorCal roots.

Thusly, if the receiver is not of the same geography and stature, negative emotions arise from envy. A primary example is that of the frustrated SoCal dweller who is frequently subjected to the mighty and humbling presence of NorCalers.

Alternatively, Hella can alert other prestigious NorCalers that they are dealing with a higher species much like themselves.

NorCaler: "That was Hella cool!"
SoCaler: "Huh? Wha? Hella? That sounds dumb."
NorCaler: "No sir. You sir are Hella dumb. Good day."
SoCaler: "Oh yah. You're...dumbererer. Keanu rules!!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hella

dADMJXX.jpg

tQmWb0J.jpg
cVdtbcw.jpg
53uvkFm.jpg

I keep getting corrected when I say "NoCal" lol

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
I am glad this thread popped up again, b/c it made me realize that I have been doing this for some time, - using through, and never threw. I don't know when exactly I got it to the bad habit of doing so b/c I do know the difference, but forgot somehow. Going through a list of homonyms in my head, I threw aside all those that I think I am pretty mistake free with, and through & threw, was what was left. Which is a good thing, because I want none the bad habit. On the other hand I would not mind at all having a Knoty naughty nun in a bad habit. :lol:

Attachments

• 31861.jpg
    31861.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.